Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Hi Raikan007, just wanted to say thanks for the hard work you put in and for sharing your knowledge with us mortals. I have a query - I cannot download anything in the WinRar format - how can I download these tactics. Always nice to have options!

Hi Raikan007, just wanted to say thanks for the hard work you put in and for sharing your knowledge with us mortals. I have a query - I cannot download anything in the WinRar format - how can I download these tactics. Always nice to have options!
its a pleasure mate :) I love this site and the people on it (well mostly all of them, some are knobs)

have you downloaded and installed Winrar on your system? that is very strange...

Hey Raikan,
Well I changed fluid to balanced, more direct and more disciplined and my AP to an CM Supp. Four games using this and it's an improvment but still getting played of the park by the big six.

View attachment 200856View attachment 200858View attachment 200859View attachment 200860

Fulham and Brum were good performances, Man City was 'how did we get apoint there ?' and Liverpool was full match speed after 35 mins when they went 3-0 up.

I am a tactical idiot and therefore have no clue where I'm going wrong. Or is it just the players aren't that good ?

City are the hardest team to play so far for me too! I always seem to just beat them 3:2 :) its happened twice now! well and a 1:0 win in the first game and a 0:0 penalty win over them in the Carling Cup! still undefeated and mid Feb with 1 draw in the league :)

try and make your Cm's even more defensive! like the Carrick role I have made, everything else besides through balls is set to never and through balls are sometimes! cross from deep and normal wide movement! mentality on border of defensive/normal (must be normal) and freedom the same but normal :)

try and play a Dm even!

Hi Raikan,

firstly just want to say what a brilliant thread this is!

now on to my problem. I am playing a 4-2-3-1, and having taken on board quite a few of your tips from this thread, i'm doing pretty well with my newcastle save so can't grumble too much, but my poacher is just not scoring enough. All my goals are coming from the 3 behind the poacher. Which is great, I want them to score, but obviously i want my poacher to score even more than them, that's his job.

Now it may obviously be that he's just not good enough (I play either Demba Ba or Danny Sturridge) ,but more likely it's something i'm doing wrong!

I have him very high attacking mentality, low creative freedom, run from deep often, move into channels.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Hi Raikan,

firstly just want to say what a brilliant thread this is!

now on to my problem. I am playing a 4-2-3-1, and having taken on board quite a few of your tips from this thread, i'm doing pretty well with my newcastle save so can't grumble too much, but my poacher is just not scoring enough. All my goals are coming from the 3 behind the poacher. Which is great, I want them to score, but obviously i want my poacher to score even more than them, that's his job.

Now it may obviously be that he's just not good enough (I play either Demba Ba or Danny Sturridge) ,but more likely it's something i'm doing wrong!

I have him very high attacking mentality, low creative freedom, run from deep often, move into channels.

Any tips?

Thanks!

hey bud, I am glad it has helped you a bit :)

you say 3 behind? is that all Amc? the instuctions you have given the poacher are correct! what you need to do is set your Amc's to play through balls often (all of them) whilst making the poacher your target man - run onto ball :) see if that works

sorry the 3 behind is AML - AMC - AMR, set up as IF - AP - IF. The inside forwards are set up pretty similar to your wingers in your Might and Magic tactic.

OK cool i will make him the target man see how that goes!

Cheers :)

Last edited:
City are the hardest team to play so far for me too! I always seem to just beat them 3:2 :) its happened twice now! well and a 1:0 win in the first game and a 0:0 penalty win over them in the Carling Cup! still undefeated and mid Feb with 1 draw in the league :)

try and make your Cm's even more defensive! like the Carrick role I have made, everything else besides through balls is set to never and through balls are sometimes! cross from deep and normal wide movement! mentality on border of defensive/normal (must be normal) and freedom the same but normal :)

try and play a Dm even!

I already have a DM - should he be Anchor instead ? CM still support but with a more defensive setting then or CM defend ?

View attachment 201168

I already have a DM - should he be Anchor instead ? CM still support but with a more defensive setting then or CM defend ?

View attachment 201168

1) drop your match prep to low as you are fluid and if you look at your players training (30-40% of his training is on match prep which completely negates him training to his full potential)

2) you have good Cm's, Cairny, Haroun, Zimling but who are you playing as the dm? The Cm's should be fine, the Anchor man will assist in the defensive side , you can make one of the cm's defensive when playing away from home or bigger teams to help in winning the ball back and being defensive as a whole

1) drop your match prep to low as you are fluid and if you look at your players training (30-40% of his training is on match prep which completely negates him training to his full potential)

2) you have good Cm's, Cairny, Haroun, Zimling but who are you playing as the dm? The Cm's should be fine, the Anchor man will assist in the defensive side , you can make one of the cm's defensive when playing away from home or bigger teams to help in winning the ball back and being defensive as a whole

Match prep was on average but I was annoyed at getting stuffed by Wolves and upped it temporarily

Dm Rhys Williams, Kevin Thomson.

The tactic doesn't really work for my team... my team looks dangerous... I am managing Chalton... any players that can help out along with the tactic? Please advice anyone?

The tactic doesn't really work for my team... my team looks dangerous... I am managing Chalton... any players that can help out along with the tactic? Please advice anyone?
hey bud, what tactic are you referring to?

View attachment 201201View attachment 201202View attachment 201203View attachment 201204View attachment 201205View attachment 201208View attachment 201212View attachment 201213View attachment 201209View attachment 201210View attachment 201211

Hi Raikan,

First I would like to thank you for all tacktics and advices which you share. They are much much useful to us.
I play with ManUtd and I started with the tacktic which you shared in beginning of this thread.
From 34 games results are: W25 D5 L4 GD111:31 (Premier League P22 W16 D4 L2.
First I think that I have some problems with defence. I get too easy and stupid goals.
From these 31: 7 from corner; 5 from long shots; 7 from counter and 8 from attacks with no more then 6-7 pases and goal shot from around penalty point when the goalscorer is no totaly alone.
You can see some screens from team instructions and my team list.
Also my team in some games (see screens from most of them) is making a lot of shots and finaly I get draw or lose tha game.
Your advices will be very usefull to me in search to remove these weak points.

Got beat 7 - 1 milwall, I have all prem team pretty much in League one on loan... I win most games but got hammered?

Got beat 7 - 1 milwall, I have all prem team pretty much in League one on loan... I win most games but got hammered?
I am sorry to hear that mate! was it your 1st game using the tactic?

If you stick to the OP and the correct players with the correct pre-match team talks etc you should not lose like that? something you did must have caused this!

View attachment 201201View attachment 201202View attachment 201203View attachment 201204View attachment 201205View attachment 201208View attachment 201212View attachment 201213View attachment 201209View attachment 201210View attachment 201211

Hi Raikan,

First I would like to thank you for all tacktics and advices which you share. They are much much useful to us.
I play with ManUtd and I started with the tacktic which you shared in beginning of this thread.
From 34 games results are: W25 D5 L4 GD111:31 (Premier League P22 W16 D4 L2.
First I think that I have some problems with defence. I get too easy and stupid goals.
From these 31: 7 from corner; 5 from long shots; 7 from counter and 8 from attacks with no more then 6-7 pases and goal shot from around penalty point when the goalscorer is no totaly alone.
You can see some screens from team instructions and my team list.
Also my team in some games (see screens from most of them) is making a lot of shots and finaly I get draw or lose tha game.
Your advices will be very usefull to me in search to remove these weak points.

its a pleasure mate :)

what PI's have you given the new Cm's you have changed? Kroos is by no means a good enough CM, he is a great AMC though and that could be your weakness plus Jones is not a Cm nor even a Dm really, he needs to play Cb! I suggest using Hamsik and Fletcher together in the normal tactic and changing Hamsiks role to Cm - attack

change Vidic's role to Cb as well! untick the playmaker and change to high defending for match prep!

good luck and you had some fantastic wins there too :)

Hi mate,

When playing a fairly high line - (14 clicks from the left) is it advisable to increase the closing down of the centre backs or to leave it as 4 clicks from the left?

Hi mate,

When playing a fairly high line - (14 clicks from the left) is it advisable to increase the closing down of the centre backs or to leave it as 4 clicks from the left?

its fine as is mate :)

Still deciding whether to do the centre back(defend) and centre back (cover) defensive pairing or leave it as defend defend. Have you had more success with either of these methods or much the same?

defend defend if you are playing a high defensive line works best for me

defend defend if you are playing a high defensive line works best for me

Thanks mate, think that will be alot better now that I have got an anchor man in midfield. I sent you a PM regarding the player and team instructions

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Sorry about the double post.

I have set the defensive players up now as follows:-

CB:- Mentality 2 clicks from left and closing down 4 clicks from the left
FB:- Mentality 4 clicks from left and closing down 14 clicks from the left
DM:- Mentality 0 and closing down 20
GK:- Mentality 6 clicks from the left and closing down 4 clicks from the left