Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

1) drop your match prep to low as you are fluid and if you look at your players training (30-40% of his training is on match prep which completely negates him training to his full potential)

2) you have good Cm's, Cairny, Haroun, Zimling but who are you playing as the dm? The Cm's should be fine, the Anchor man will assist in the defensive side , you can make one of the cm's defensive when playing away from home or bigger teams to help in winning the ball back and being defensive as a whole

Started afresh with Boro again, changed my CM to a deep play def (thought that fitted the bill with mentality and with PI's), mixed results (0-2 at Reading due to a sending off after 2 mins.....therefore I changed to more cautious)View attachment 201356
View attachment 201357View attachment 201358View attachment 201359View attachment 201360View attachment 201361

What do you think ?

Last edited:
its a pleasure mate :)

what PI's have you given the new Cm's you have changed? Kroos is by no means a good enough CM, he is a great AMC though and that could be your weakness plus Jones is not a Cm nor even a Dm really, he needs to play Cb! I suggest using Hamsik and Fletcher together in the normal tactic and changing Hamsiks role to Cm - attack

change Vidic's role to Cb as well! untick the playmaker and change to high defending for match prep!

good luck and you had some fantastic wins there too :)

I wanted to play with one AMC, but I'm affraid that if I put him in tactic as AMC, with AML and AMR players, my middle will have more empty space. That's why I choose AP role for my MCL (in general I search Paul Scholes role).
My MCR I want to be with more defensive fuctions (especially ball winning - like Roy Keane role).
You can see my PI's bellow.
I will use your advices for defence. Is it good idea to swith from Man marking to Zonal?

View attachment 201363View attachment 201372View attachment 201370View attachment 201371View attachment 201367View attachment 201368View attachment 201369View attachment 201364View attachment 201365View attachment 201366

Following on from the PM I sent. Do u recommend that the DLF and DM hold up the ball or not? Currently I have hold up ball - yes for both players.

View attachment 201456

Tell me what U think :p

Also tell me how I can make Inside forwards to cut inside moar without compromising their ''duty'' to pass the ball backwards to the playmakers.

I had 3 CCC's in that game, 85% Possession & 21 Shots.

Still not right yet

Hi Raikon, Sometimes I think I should just load down ready made tactics because I don't know how tweak my own. My home attacking tactic works pretty good but the away tactic isn't quite right.

View attachment 201456

Tell me what U think :p

Also tell me how I can make Inside forwards to cut inside moar without compromising their ''duty'' to pass the ball backwards to the playmakers.

I had 3 CCC's in that game, 85% Possession & 21 Shots.
hey bud :) it looks good! nice possession in the centre of the pitch!

just change their wide movement to cut inside, this will make them make inside runs drawing in the full backs which will allow Dani Alves and left back to make overlapping runs in open space :) and the IF will bring the ball closer in field to where your playmakers are to ensure a simple pass again!

Messi is not even in the game and if you are making another Barca tactic I highly suggest you get him more involved :) 10 passess only! not enough! The scoreline should also be more than that:

1) it is weak opposition compared to Barca
2) you have the best players in the game
3) you are playing at home

so there is alot more work but it is looking very good so far :) In order to get more CCC's (and not just for Barca as they are just too easy) you have to sacfrifice some passes by making players run with the ball more i.e: Messi and getting the ball more forward! Setting your players to play through balls sometimes (all of them) at least 100 passess less and you will create another 1-3 CCC's :)

give it a shot :) and good luck

Following on from the PM I sent. Do u recommend that the DLF and DM hold up the ball or not? Currently I have hold up ball - yes for both players.

yes, both of them! the Dlf will hold up the ball for your wingers and cm to get a little more involved and will allow him time to pick out the correct pass to you poacher! the Dm will do the same! make sure the Dm's strength is over 15 :)

hey havanclue, it takes time and patience :) soldier on and you will be a better manager you will become and the more satisfaction! good luck

What mentality would you suggest I give a standard GK - Is 0 to low?

In the control stratregy I think the default setting for the GK is 9 but i've always thought that was pretty high ;) as that would make his mentality higher than the centre backs and two full backs lol.

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking think I will have it as 3 as the centre backs are set to 2 and the full backs are set to 4. I've also increased the closing down to 10 for the centre backs and playing the offside trap.

Gdzie mogę pobrać ten taktyka ? Proszę o wstawić tu taktyka bo nie mogę znaleść tu taktyka, dziękujee