Ramsey hit by horrific leg injury

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
His a young lad im sure he will still have a decent carrear.

Wenger's comments are disgraceful, Campbell was just mad, I mean he had a go at Shawcross, when it wasn't on purpose, the Judas. If Wenger thinks he knows Shawcross more than anybody else than he is wrong, if you look at Shawcross' record he doesn't have a bad record. I really don't get it when he says it's not a coincidence, what is it then? Just because they have bad injuries due to the fact that his players are injury prone, I mean Man Utd had their whole defence out injured and no-one made a big fuss about it. It happens all the time in the Lower League and just because it's Arsenal people make a big fuss. As I said Wenger and Campbell were disgraceful, I know you should support your mates but not have a go at people and set a bad example.
themadsheep2001 said:
people seem to forget that arsenal used to the game thing, lets not forget vieira, 10 red cards, and over 100 yellow card, he went in hard every tackle he made. and gilberto silva wasnt a pussycat either, the tough tackling keown, dixon etc.

there have been much worse tackle that havent resulted in terrible injuries this season. its was unlucky. arsenal will get more injuries that most becuase they on a whole have younger smaller players, who will tend to come off worse in any impact or physical challenge. stoke are physical side that play like that against most sides, they tried to do the same against united, who gave as good as they took, and stoke had little else to offer after. unless you're saying you cant be allowed to go in hard anymore....

----------
I agree I mean Arsenal aren't exactly the team with the best disciplinary record, Wenger just moans about everything, attacking Martin O'Neil for 'negative play' and attacking Chelsea because they won but 'didn't deserve to win' or something along those lines. He is a hypocrite and has sour grapes every time they lose.

I do wish Ramsey a good recovery though as he doesn't deserve to go through this but I just wish Wenger would stop moaning.
Rant over.

Although Arsenal's Physio's didn't give much sympithie to Shawcross, Pircks

You tell me how any physio would have felt sympathy for the culprit while the victim is lying on the floor with only one working leg.

a bad challange defo red card, when u go to stoke your going to get kicked dosen`t matter if you arsenal or manu or anyone same as bolton blackburn birmingham all dirty teams that are very weak on skill and more about taking chunks out of the other teams untill they give up because they don`t want to be on the end of a bad one as ramsey was yestaday and eduardo before him ect its not right at all 3 in 5years is wrong we are a side with pace and skill and the lesser teams have no other way than to get stuck in hard it isnt right. rant over get well soon ramsey!

Having watched it again, I take back my comments from yesterday and admit that it shouldn't have been a sending off. Tony Pulis has done a great job in getting his team to play good football and not to be scared in any challenge, but this time it's a matter of the quickest player in the challenge coming off the worse.

a bad challange defo red card, when u go to stoke your going to get kicked dosen`t matter if you arsenal or manu or anyone same as bolton blackburn birmingham all dirty teams that are very weak on skill and more about taking chunks out of the other teams untill they give up because they don`t want to be on the end of a bad one as ramsey was yestaday and eduardo before him ect its not right at all 3 in 5years is wrong we are a side with pace and skill and the lesser teams have no other way than to get stuck in hard it isnt right. rant over get well soon ramsey!
omg have you watched it, there have been far worse tackles than that. you know what ive said it so many times i just cant be bothered anymore, read my earlier post

How can you not think it was a bad challenge, it was a shocker! I like Ryan Shawcross but even Tony Pulis said it was a bad'un!

To be honest, if Shawcross was quicker, it could of been him that broke his leg and not Ramsey which pretty much shows how unlucky and accidental this challenge was which I think we can all agree on.

It was a bad challenge, but if Ramsey had not been injured Shawcross wouldn't have been sent off. It was just bad luck that he happened to come off so badly out of it, and I wish him all the best in his recovery. But from what I've seen, the tackle did not look intentional or malicious, but an attempt to get the ball. I feel it deserved a yellow card as the punishment is not related to the injury, but to the foul.

Get well soon Aaron Ramsey, gotta feel sorry also though for Shawcross who was clearly distraught after it.

To be honest though how hard does Shawcross have to swing his leg to cause a break? He should have at least calmed down slightly on the power behind his boot, maybe he misjudged his own strength?

For the person who was saying: "OMG there iz much worser fouls!": These fouls also get punished with red cards, so your point is retarded. Just because there is worse doesn't mean that this challenge wasn't bad.

So your playing football, and you see one of your mates get clattered, with his leg hanging off, you're not going to be annoyed?

No mate I would be more concerned with my team-mate laying stricken on the pitch but thats me.

Alright, after reading the comments of this thread, I've watched the video a few more times.

1. Shawcross hit Ramsey with the laces, meaning that he didn't intentionally raise his studs to inflict damage.

2. Ramsey's ankle was bent inward before contact was made, which did not help the situation at all when Shawcross' boot made contact with him.

3. Shawcross followed through really hard, which I feel is more about the Stoke team being physical players, especially against a technical side like Arsenal.

4. If it wasn't for the injury, I'd probably have thought the challenge was yellow-card worthy. However, with the leg-break, the referee is bound to show the red card in an attempt to appease the Arsenal contingent somewhat.

5. I honestly believe Shawcross didn't mean to injure Ramsey. I think the young Welshman was very unlucky and I wish him a speedy recovery.

6. Arsene Wenger is on another witch-hunt. Granted, it was deserved when Eduardo was injured, but this time; leave the poor guy alone, he already feels terrible about it.

You are having a laugh right?! If you actually watched it you would have seen that there was no malice and Shawcross was genuinely gutted by it.

And also the bit I have highlighted - Personally I think that it stupidly disrespectful, Tony Pulis has worked wonders for Stoke just like Mcleish at Birmingham - Just because they aren't the prettiest teams to watch doesnt mean they dont have the odd skillful player. (McFadden, Tuncay, Lawrence, Larsson etc) And they are making a success out of their teams and playing to their strengths. Get your red tinted glasses off will you.

You are having a laugh right?! If you actually watched it you would have seen that there was no malice and Shawcross was genuinely gutted by it.

And also the bit I have highlighted - Personally I think that it stupidly disrespectful, Tony Pulis has worked wonders for Stoke just like Mcleish at Birmingham - Just because they aren't the prettiest teams to watch doesnt mean they dont have the odd skillful player. (McFadden, Tuncay, Lawrence, Larsson etc) And they are making a success out of their teams and playing to their strengths. Get your red tinted glasses off will you.
I think what he means is that the tactics of those teams is to go out and just kick Arsenal about, which is just despicable really. There is no denying that the "Sam Allardyce" school of football has taken a bit of a hold in these mid-lower level clubs. I fully understand teams playing to their strengths ie. Bolton lofting ball after ball up for Davies and that's pretty much their gameplan, but when the strategy for the game becomes inherently malicious, it's no surprise we get these terrible injuries.

Also, there is a difference between being commited and what those teams do when we face them.

want really annoys me is Wengers response in all of this. i can understands campballs any of the players they where next to ramsey, they responded to it. But for him to complain about physically ect ect is fine

but when Vieria, Gilberto and that team. they where physical lads. they could hand dirty tackles out like there was no tommorrow. Vieria used to Regulary Exchange fouls with Keane.

Wengers responses where always " these things happen in football, or it is just passion." so why is it not like tht for shawcross from him

******** THTS WHY

To be honest though how hard does Shawcross have to swing his leg to cause a break? He should have at least calmed down slightly on the power behind his boot, maybe he misjudged his own strength?

For the person who was saying: "OMG there iz much worser fouls!": These fouls also get punished with red cards, so your point is retarded. Just because there is worse doesn't mean that this challenge wasn't bad.
no they dont, see cuellar on erva today, just a yellow, or defoes tackle, or mascherano's tackle, or fellainis tackle, all worse, none resulting in real injury, none punished with red cards

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/send-your-messages-for-aaron-ramsey

I've already sent one in. Is a great gesture, for not only Arsenal fans to do, but fans from other clubs.

This was the one I wrote to Aaron.

Aaron, you were having such a great year, very unlucky for it to end this way. You are such a fine player, I speak for all Gooners when I say you will go onto be one of the greatest players to put on the red jersey.

You have the mental strength, youth, and most importantly vast amount of ability to come back from this the better and stronger player.

We wish you all a speedy recover and cannot wait until the finest welshman to ever play for Arsenal return, Good Luck Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back