Ramsey hit by horrific leg injury

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
How have you supplied sufficient evidence to convince me that you 'clearly can' pull out of a challenge at 0.5 secs notice?

The only thing you have 'clearly' proved to me is that your an idiot.

Here's my case squire;

"Every challenge in football results in injuries" No further comment needed.

"if someones career depended on it i could pull out of a tackle quicker." Is that an actual fact or you just think you can? Nobody could know that Ramsey would suffer such an injury from a 50/50 tackle. And what's to say his career depends on it? we live in 2010 not 1910.

"why was he so far up the pitch anyway? Surely a midfielder should be tackling in those areas." No comment needed.
Is there any need to call him an idiot?

Grow up please.

How have you supplied sufficient evidence to convince me that you 'clearly can' pull out of a challenge at 0.5 secs notice?

The only thing you have 'clearly' proved to me is that your an idiot.

Here's my case squire;

"Every challenge in football results in injuries" No further comment needed.

"if someones career depended on it i could pull out of a tackle quicker." Is that an actual fact or you just think you can? Nobody could know that Ramsey would suffer such an injury from a 50/50 tackle. And what's to say his career depends on it? we live in 2010 not 1910.

"why was he so far up the pitch anyway? Surely a midfielder should be tackling in those areas." No comment needed.

I'm a idiot? Alright then how about if your if a situation like that a 50/50 challenge pull out? You should be able to do it quickly or in a reasonable time if you cant then you have reaction skills like a potato and shouldnt be a footballer.

No comment on the last one? Why:S Shawcross was clearly in Arsenal's half and like all football fans you should know center backs shouldnt be there.

Last edited:
Although I agree on most things Eddlad is saying, I agree that Shawcross shouldn't of been in midfield, but I suppose he was just going after the ball because he is a young determined player.

No-one is keeping you here.

How does me saying, "Some of the stuff on here is unbelievable", warrant that response?

Who said anyone was keeping me here? Ridiculous statement.

Though that should probably be expected from you after posting this little gem, "The Leg-Breaking animal gets in ", on the England selection thread.

Eddlad heading for an infranction..? I think so.

No just wondering. I guess you dont beleive me about the second thing? Go ahead and try it out yourself i play football alot and experience alot of things if someones career depended on it i could pull out of a tackle quicker.

Eddlad, will you please answer me that? Yes or no. Because im sure you'll know the anwser when you've experienced it believe me and come back to me then? and that goes to everyone.

Ive been waiting god knows how long for a answer but no:@

Last edited:
i saw a video on youtube yesterday with 3 still shots at the end clearly showing his leg snapping before the tackle from shawcross connected, cant seem to find it now though......:S

my opinion: 2 committed players, one got there slightly before the other in a 50/50 challenge, the fact that shawcross cried afterwards suggests there was zero intent, compare his reaction to roy keane crunching and then standing over alf-inge haaland and calling him a **** before marching off down the tunnel.

gabriel marcotti (the well respected italian/american pundit) summed it up perfectly:

''its not that the tackle was dangerous as wenger and some others might be suggesting, indeed the tackle (aside from being an everyday foul) and stokes general style of play were within the rules and are not considered dangerous. The debate we should be having is whether or not we should be looking at what is classsed as dangerous within the rules. I'm not confident that its a good idea to reduce the amount of physical contact in football, but stoke and other teams are currently being very physical and remaining within the rules of the game, should the rules be looked at? i dont know.''

aside from all this debate, i wish ramsey a speedy recovery

Last edited:
Eddlad, will you please answer me that? Yes or no. Because im sure you'll know the anwser when you've experienced it believe me and come back to me then?.

Ive been waiting god knows how long for a answer but no:@

The question " have I been in a situation like that?"

Of course, playing CB I make 50/50 challenges (or at least attempt to) every game. Once you have committed to a tackle you cannot back out or it tends to result in an injury to yourself.

The fact that Ramsey broke his leg was a combination of things, sheer bad luck, slightly mi-timed challenge, all his weight was on his right leg, his ankle was already buckled as he goes in to the challenge.

And to add about Shawcross' positioning. Yes he was caught out of position, is that a crime? Happens to the best of players against Arsenal.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Eddlad heading for an infranction..? I think so.

What would I get an infraction for?

Fair enough, no it isnt a crime. Yes gallas and vermaelen tend to do also but thats becuase they have to as we are a very attacking team and our back four are forced to push up to fill gaps in the middle of the park. Stoke however are a balanced squad very organised so no one needs to run around from their actual position eg shawcross.

Hopefully this puts this debate to bed anyway.

eddlad has done nothing wrong in this thread. I actually agree with most, if not all, of the things he is saying.

2rz7uid.jpg

found this, not sure how well it backs up my previous argument that he broke his leg before shawcross's tackle as it can be argued that this pic is just before or just after impact. either way its pretty graphic

the video i watched has been removed due to copyright.

2rz7uid.jpg

found this, not sure how well it backs up my previous argument that he broke his leg before shawcross's tackle, the video i watche has been removed due to copyright. either way its pretty graphic

Yeh looks pretty dodgey dont have a clue how someone can do that while running just puts more question marks in your head.

That image is foul (no pun intended).

Doesn't seem plausible that such damage was done without any contact though. I know his ankle was awkwardly positioned, but still...

That image looks like it was after the challenge, just going off the positioning of the ball.

the other images i saw suggested the leg had gone before the tackle, but as i say, theyve been removed now. If sky sports would release some slow-mo footage then all would solved, im sure they did for the eduardo tackle becuase everyone was saying what a bad tackle it was.

I have sent my best wishes to Mr. Ramsey :)

That image looks like it was after the challenge, just going off the positioning of the ball.

if you watch video footage though, ramsey gets there first (why he got hit with a late challenge) and nicks the ball, which shoots off quite a way before he is tackled

the other images i saw suggested the leg had gone before the tackle, but as i say, theyve been removed now. If sky sports would release some slow-mo footage then all would solved, im sure they did for the eduardo tackle becuase everyone was saying what a bad tackle it was.
doubt sky will release any more, when it happened during the game the commentator said "this is bad, he is in real trouble, its looks really bad, we wont be seeing it live again", ive downloaded it off youtube, gonna find a slow motion player to have a look at it

his ankle was in an akward position just before the tackle but the tackle only made it worse.

Horrible and unfortunate insident. Shawcross looked distraught, got to remember he is only what 21?

Hope Ramsey recovers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back