Ramsey hit by horrific leg injury

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you name one psycho footballer who intentionally went in once to hurt someone, doesn't mean that anyone else does that. He's saying that the player who injured Eduardo did it intentionally when he clearly didn't.
I'm not saying that. I'm just countering your argument that NO players are out to intentionally hurt other players, which clearly is wrong. There are none in the Premier League that fit that bill, though, don't get me wrong.

The Butcher from Bilbao is hardly a representative for footballers around the world. Why not Chopper Harris as well?
No, clearly not, which I'm neither stating nor implying.

Shawcross didn't go in with his studs up though, Gatid.

i feel sorry for shawcross, he didnt intend for it to even be a tackle of any threat, he simply slid in for the ball and lost out to ramsey cause ramsey's quicker. he didnt go in studs up or anything, in my eyes it was a pure accident but now he's gonna gett remembered for that :/

Shawcross is not a dirty player, when he was trying to say sorry to Ramsay, he was just pushed away and sent off the pitch, not a pretty sight.

its happened too many times to arsenal, first diaby, then eduardo now ramsey? its not right, fair enough shawcross didnt mean it but still shouldn't be happening

3 in 5 years isn't 'unfortunate'

Try Living With The Ref's at our level, Player Brakes Leg out for Season [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Isfe3iOJw"]YouTube- Blyth Spartans -v- Stafford Rangers 13th February 2010[/ame] (3:09). NO RED CARD. No Crying to media & making a big fiasco about it.

We have to get on with, i my time watching Blyth i have seen about 3 or 4 Players have been in a bad postion like that, (mosty our's) but we HAVE to get on with like everyone else does. Be Fortunite that its not endded his time in Football !!! Anyway be lucky he got sent off let alone even getting the free kick for it. Ano its a shame for the lad and no one deserves that (Apart from Roy Keane) but Get Over it like evryone else has to & does.

Last edited:
I know how it is at that level. Earlier in the year against Gateshead away, the game had to be called off as air ambulance was called in, and although its bad. The game at that level is not as high stakes as the Premier League.

Shawcross didn't go in with his studs up though, Gatid.

I know sorry my bad, i work night shifts today and had to rush my big speech abit earlier so i didnt explain myself clearly. What i ment by over excited is when you have a moment where you dont think and do what comes along thats exactly the same thing approached differently the situation could of been different.

It was a mistimed challenge and he didnt mean it Ramsey was like half a second quicker than him and got to the ball first and shawcross should of known when to pull out the tackle just enough to take all the power out of his swing or just kick the ground alltogether.

Last edited:
I know how it is at that level. Earlier in the year against Gateshead away, the game had to be called off as air ambulance was called in, and although its bad. The game at that level is not as high stakes as the Premier League.

Called Off, Correct

Bare in mind it was the 77th Minute of the game, They were Docked a Piont for what they did. Supporters & Hayes&Yeading Officlas were aparntly furious at the game being called of with nearly 10 Minute's to go. Martin Brittan still is yet to play scince the injury.

The game at that level is not as high stakes as the Premier League ?

To The Supporter it is. Beter Atmosphere, Beter Fun, Beter Banter, Beter Food (somtimes), Beter entertainment, Closer to the Action. & You can have Proper meet with the Players.

The Way Football was ment to be.

I agree, I love going to watch Hayes play, what I mean is, it doesn't have the millions resting on it, that's what I mean by 'Stakes'

Ramsey was like half a second quicker than him and got to the ball first and shawcross should of known when to pull out the tackle just enough to take all the power out of his swing or just kick the ground alltogether.

How do you expect anyone to be able to pull out of a challenge at 1/2 a seconds notice?

Some of the stuff on here is unbelievable.

How do you expect anyone to be able to pull out of a challenge at 1/2 a seconds notice?

Some of the stuff on here is unbelievable.

Well half a second is quite quick but i guess you havent been in a situation like that then? Because if your quick enough it should only take about a second to slow down a full swing so half a second he could of pulled out enough power to prevent the broken leg from my experience.

why was he so far up the pitch anyway? Surely a midfielder should be tackling in those areas.

Grasping at straws now, eh?

No just wondering. I guess you dont beleive me about the second thing? Go ahead and try it out yourself i play football alot and experience alot of things if someones career depended on it i could pull out of a tackle quicker.

No just wondering. I guess you dont beleive me about the second thing? Go ahead and try it out yourself i play football alot and experience alot of things if someones career depended on it i could pull out of a tackle quicker.

How did he know his 'career depended on it'? It was a 50/50 challenge in which Ramsey was a little bit quicker.

How did he know he would break his 'career depended on it'? It was a 50/50 challenge in which Ramsey was a little bit quicker.

Dont know. Every challenge in football results in injuries these days so im sure if two people are running toward each other at full speed with only eyes on the ball you can definitely see it. Im not saying shawcross is a dirty player just stoke were drawing with arsenal at the time so why fly in to win a tackle in the opposition half especially if your a center back? when you should clearly sit back and defend for your life.

Like i said earlier approached differently a tackle wouldnt of been made at that spot.

Last edited:
What's the point debating with you.

..... I guess you didnt beleive me when i said pull out the challenge or whatever. I just want to put my point across that you clearly can do it which you dont think people can.

Last edited:
How have you supplied sufficient evidence to convince me that you 'clearly can' pull out of a challenge at 0.5 secs notice?

The only thing you have 'clearly' proved to me is that your an idiot.

Here's my case squire;

"Every challenge in football results in injuries" No further comment needed.

"if someones career depended on it i could pull out of a tackle quicker." Is that an actual fact or you just think you can? Nobody could know that Ramsey would suffer such an injury from a 50/50 tackle. And what's to say his career depends on it? we live in 2010 not 1910.

"why was he so far up the pitch anyway? Surely a midfielder should be tackling in those areas." No comment needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back