Ramsey hit by horrific leg injury

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
As suspected, tibia and fibula fractures.

Sounds like the surgery was a success, so hopefully he will make a quick recovery.

From that statement the operation seems to have been quite effective. Based on that I reckon he will be back within 12 months

at any rate it wont be as bad as eduardo's iirc that also involed a dislocation, which massively complicates the recovery process. best of wishes

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

To be honest though how hard does Shawcross have to swing his leg to cause a break? He should have at least calmed down slightly on the power behind his boot, maybe he misjudged his own strength?

For the person who was saying: "OMG there iz much worser fouls!": These fouls also get punished with red cards, so your point is retarded. Just because there is worse doesn't mean that this challenge wasn't bad.
you dont need that much power to break a leg, see alan smiths leg break against liverpool

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/send-your-messages-for-aaron-ramsey

I've already sent one in. Is a great gesture, for not only Arsenal fans to do, but fans from other clubs.

This was the one I wrote to Aaron.

Aaron, you were having such a great year, very unlucky for it to end this way. You are such a fine player, I speak for all Gooners when I say you will go onto be one of the greatest players to put on the red jersey.

You have the mental strength, youth, and most importantly vast amount of ability to come back from this the better and stronger player.

We wish you all a speedy recover and cannot wait until the finest welshman to ever play for Arsenal return, Good Luck Aaron

Nice idea. I sent my best wishes as well. Doesn't matter if he's from a rival club; no player should have to endure an injury of that magnitude at that age.

Sent Mr.Ramsey a message on the Arsenal website, poor lad.

Great gesture, I'm sure they are all much thanked.

Once in 5 years, and you go, well that's just unfortunate. Then it happens again and you go, very unlucky, something might be going on here. Then 3, and something is not right.

Matt Taylor's tackle was ment

the second one I don't really know about

but Ryan Shawcross' tackle wasn't ment and no most teams don't go out to bully arsenal, it just happens to be that a lot of teams are orientated on having big strong, clumbsy guys.

Teams aren't out to get you.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/send-your-messages-for-aaron-ramsey

I've already sent one in. Is a great gesture, for not only Arsenal fans to do, but fans from other clubs.

This was the one I wrote to Aaron.

Aaron, you were having such a great year, very unlucky for it to end this way. You are such a fine player, I speak for all Gooners when I say you will go onto be one of the greatest players to put on the red jersey.

You have the mental strength, youth, and most importantly vast amount of ability to come back from this the better and stronger player.

We wish you all a speedy recover and cannot wait until the finest welshman to ever play for Arsenal return, Good Luck Aaron

Sent one in myself :)

sent him a message, think its important that he knows that fans of all clubs want him to return to football as soon as possible

Matt Taylor's tackle was ment

the second one I don't really know about

but Ryan Shawcross' tackle wasn't ment and no most teams don't go out to bully arsenal, it just happens to be that a lot of teams are orientated on having big strong, clumbsy guys.

Teams aren't out to get you.

How can you say that he meant to injure someone?
No footballer goes out to injure another!

I sent a message aswell, he's my favourite player outside of Villa and Forest.

What is with people's attitude that tackles like that happen all the time when they clearly don't, because player's legs do not break in every game and therefore the tackles simply are not the same. Tackles that happen every game are often too hard or too high to be safe but they are not leg breaking becuse they don't break legs, It's as simple as that.

How can you say that he meant to injure someone?
No footballer goes out to injure another!

Matt Taylor jumped about 2 feet in the air, when he went into the challenge on Eduardo, claimed he never ment it and then the next time he played done the exact same tackle to someone else, who was lucky not to have their leg planted in the ground.

Roy Keane.

He did it once. He's psycho anyway.

Matt Taylor jumped about 2 feet in the air, when he went into the challenge on Eduardo, claimed he never ment it and then the next time he played done the exact same tackle to someone else, who was lucky not to have their leg planted in the ground.

That wasn't Matt Taylor. Again, he didn't mean to do it, it was a mis-timed tackle, much like the Shawcross one. Eduardo's just looked worse because the bone pierced the skin.

He did it once. He's psycho anyway
Rendering your point void.

Here's another one: Andoni Goikoetxea.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8_JYHtvTS8"]YouTube- La lesió de Goikoetxea a Maradona (24/09/1983)[/ame]

I think its due to lack of understanding on how to win the ball and where abouts to do it on the pitch, my old football coach used to teach me that you only slide in the middle of the pitch if its a last resort and have to make a last ditching tackle but you only use your out-side/in-side of your foot to poke the ball away from the dribbling player and let a teammate pick the pieces not your studds which is basic stuff that can prevent serious injuries. He also said that you should mostly slide near the throw in line and either poke it out for a throw in and give teammates time to track back again using your inner/outer side of your foot.

I guess Shawcross got overly excited and went all guns blazing to win the ball and ended hurting someone really bad which he felt sorry afterwards.

Just because you name one psycho footballer who intentionally went in once to hurt someone, doesn't mean that anyone else does that. He's saying that the player who injured Eduardo did it intentionally when he clearly didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back