Rangers v Sporting Lisbon 17/02 K/O1 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who ******* cares? Not Old Firm fans anyway, every ******* day I hear various racist and sectarian things from Old Firm fans. It is ******* sick and is a huge topic in Scottish football. As you can see from this thread, both sets of fans are turning a blind eye to it!!!

No one is turning a blind eye to it.. Yes there is secterianism from both clubs but it's not from EVERY single person involved with the club. Plus this has got nothing to do with anything relating to tonights game so how about you go away and watch your team play well and win games... OH WAIT oO) your a St Mirren fan best bring up sectarianism and ask how many Irish players have played for rangers :S Grow up and kindly **** Off (K)

OK, first off to everyone who's trying to take the **** and start an argument? Shut up.

Now, as for the Sporting are superior point. Not really. If they were superior, would it have taken them 89 minutes to equalise? Or one minute to lead? No need to answer. Next point, when was the last time Lafferty actually scored? The fact is that even though Sporting have the away goal? It doesn't mean their going to wake up and go for the jugular in Lisbon. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to hold on to the aggregate. I wouldn't begrudge them, they want the win and if they have to park the bus, so be it.

But if they do, they're just doing what everyone has said Rangers have done before.

I wouldn't begrudge them of defending either but I would then like to see the fans who have sung praises of Lisbon and Slaughtered Rangers for parking the bus to come on and say they're disappointed with how their team played and that they didn't deserve to go through.

Only downside to the game tonight from my point of view was that we didn't score more which we deserved too. Oh and btw Manchester United are a team who relys on counter attacking against many teams including premiership teams. So what does that make them ?

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Just for the record, I wanted Rangers to win tonight just for the sake of the Scotland's dreadful European coefficient, the point about Lafferty and Northern Ireland was brought up because I really feel that with a different player up front, ie John Fleck or Diouf up front, Rangers would've taken those great chances. Surely it's a talking point?

Yeswith another striker Ie HEALY or even Naismith. then we would have had ab etter chance of scoring and wrapping this tie up. You never just made the simple point as to why Lafferty played you used the because hes Northern Irish. Yet Healy is also Northern Irish so why didn't he get a look in ? your point was **** just like your opinions and your team.

Normally the Portuguese teams are the ones that get understimated. But have no doubts they would't lose, our problem is basically related with money, and corruption.

Our problem seems to be chronic inconsistency. I do think Portuguese teams get underestimated, I must admit, I thought Braga would be an easy ticket to the playoff round of the CL. How wrong was I?

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Just for the record, I wanted Rangers to win tonight just for the sake of the Scotland's dreadful European coefficient, the point about Lafferty and Northern Ireland was brought up because I really feel that with a different player up front, ie John Fleck or Diouf up front, Rangers would've taken those great chances. Surely it's a talking point?

Edit: I apologise for any offence caused and I wasn't trying to start an argument, I'm just making my point which is proving to be controversial.

But Celtic tried to buy Lafferty as well I'm sure, he was a long term target when he was at Burnley but we decided to pass on him last year when Rangers signed him.

Either way, Sporting won't park the bus, no matter what. They rarely/never do that. Hope they ******* win it though, 99% of their fans wouldn't support Benfica no matter what.

And no wonder the Old Firm get a bad reputation. Granted, it's a minority, but it happens on every single thread.

True but this wasn't started by any member of the Old Firm divide. It was started by a St Mirren fan.

Unlucky for us really think we should have had Healy instead off Lafferty (he's a waste of space).

Their Center back -the captain- (Don't know his name sorry) misses the next game and he seemed to be an important player at the back for them and the keeper I know he is still young but I think we might be able to take advantage of him

Unlucky for us really think we should have had Healy instead off Lafferty (he's a waste of space).

Their Center back -the captain- (Don't know his name sorry) misses the next game and he seemed to be an important player at the back for them and the keeper I know he is still young but I think we might be able to take advantage of him

That might should be in Capital letters, Made Bold and Underlined :p It will depend on who we decide to play up front. If we play lafferty then No haha.

I feel we need someone with more pace instead of Weir sadly I know he bring's experience to the table but we are forced to play deep because of him.

And about the Sectarianism abuse I have never seen any on this sight and if I did I would probably see it as a joke. My mates who are Celtic fans we give each other abuse but it's all banter nothing wrong with that.

Daniel Carriço? He's the captain. well, don't think he's really that important, he's pretty weak, as is Polga, Sporting have a real problem in the CB position, hoping it shows in monday as benfica play with them away.

No one is turning a blind eye to it.. Yes there is secterianism

Yeswith another striker Ie HEALY or even Naismith. then we would have had ab etter chance of scoring and wrapping this tie up. You never just made the simple point as to why Lafferty played you used the because hes Northern Irish. Yet Healy is also Northern Irish so why didn't he get a look in ? your point was **** just like your opinions and your team.
Oh my. I think you know where I could go with this post, infact, I'll give your narrow minded brain a challenge to think about what it may be.

Back on the game, Rangers can get through this as long as they stay focused, Scottish teams always seem to lose goals at silly times in Europe and give themselves something to worry about although I think that Rangers could use this to their advantage, it might be better for them to have a go expecting Sporting also coming forward rather than sitting deep where there will be an accident waiting to happen.

Good luck to them in the next game, will probably be a tough match but if they defend well and get a decent break, they'll get through, the sort of chance Kenny Miller would feed on.

Last edited:
bravo21 please go away, you started all sorts of **** on the thread & you continue to keep posting

I hope Torsiglieri/Nuno Andre Coelho play on the second leg. Polga is just awful, and carriço is still too young, tough he will develop into a fine player.

I hope Torsiglieri/Nuno Andre Coelho play on the second leg. Polga is just awful, and carriço is still too young, tough he will develop into a fine player.

Not having a go just a genuine question, And I know the managers decisions aren't always perfect but why was Carrico captain if he is too young and not good enough ? Would you not rather Mendes or Postiga or someone takes over the captains role ?

there is a lot of bollocks on this thread, cut it out, ive already losy my patience with people today, i wont be giving out any more warnings

bravo21 please go away, you started all sorts of **** on the thread & you continue to keep posting
No. I am as entitled to an opinion as you are. However, I realise that my view, or actual fact, is not big within Old Firm fans and will keep my posts match related only now :)

Now be a good boy and get help get this thread back on topic :wub:

The keeper, Rui Patrício, will be the keeper for Portugal for the next 10 years. And the centreback, when he's in tune, hes a **** fine player.
I think that if sporting keep possession on the second leg, and be patient, the round is in the bag.

I also like the look of Carrico, watched him a few times and he has a bit of class about him. One to keep an eye out for. Also a good FM player :D

No. I am as entitled to an opinion as you are. However, I realise that my view, or actual fact, is not big within Old Firm fans and will keep my posts match related only now :)

Now be a good boy and get help get this thread back on topic :wub:
you're entitled to your opinion as afforded by the rules. why dont you get back to the topic? :wub:

Well this is my last post as I cba with all the debates and stuff it's all over and done with now. To be honest obviously I always want my team to win but as I have already said I wouldn't mind if we went out as it gives us more time to concentrate on the league which is more important IMO. Anyway Come on the gerss :p Roll on sunday.

I also like the look of Carrico, watched him a few times and he has a bit of class about him. One to keep an eye out for. Also a good FM player :D

Carriço is one of the classiest CB's playing in Portugal. Not a brute, as most of them are.

you're entitled to your opinion as afforded by the rules. why dont you get back to the topic? :wub:
I've been trying this for 5 or 6 posts now but people keep dragging it off again. I apologised for any offence caused but it's a big talking point. Delete my posts if you want, not trying to cause any trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.