Rangers v Sporting Lisbon 17/02 K/O1 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangers dissapointed me tonight not winning, especially as this is the worst European team we haven't beaten since Kaunus
Not only were Sporting Lisbon worse than Rangers tonight, but I even fancy our chances in Lisbon! Celtic are have far better players than Lisbon and I think our manager can help us get through it.
Sporting are a shadow of the team we played 3 years ago, then again they'll prblibabaly say the same thing about us after this performance. The fans tonight were sensational and I think the team really let them down.
The only player I would happily pay a win bonus tonight was the worst player on the park Steven Whittaker who knocked his pan in A good old fasioned Rangers player in my eyes...

I've been trying this for 5 or 6 posts now but people keep dragging it off again. I apologised for any offence caused but it's a big talking point. Delete my posts if you want, not trying to cause any trouble!

Stop deflecting the blame onto others, man up, take the hit.

Lafferty as lone striker ftl :(

just back from the game and realy disapointed with the result, as soon as we scored we sat with everyman back in our own half letting them come onto us, also which annoys me is how walter smith never seems to make changes when some players are clearly tired.

I was so disappointed with Sporting. Our coach is terrible. Cristiano, Djaló, Maniche and Polga on the starting eleven? Vukcevic, Nuno Coelho and Matias at bench? Honestly neither Rangers nor Sporting played well.

Sporting < Unirea

You must be joking.

Anyway, its going to be beastly fun watching Rangers going on the attack in Europe. ^^)
Rangers are only good on the counter. In steady attack, they are lame. Poor technique, or at least, inferior to Sporting.

You must be joking.

Anyway, its going to be beastly fun watching Rangers going on the attack in Europe. ^^)
Rangers are only good on the counter. In steady attack, they are lame. Poor technique, or at least, inferior to Sporting.

Rangers will not go on the attack and yes you are correct, Sporting are better than Rangers technique wise. We are good nowhere on the park exept when Jelavic is on form, then everyone is on form. Sporting will expect to beat Rangers after tonight, we gave a poor show of ourselves.

Rangers will not go on the attack and yes you are correct, Sporting are better than Rangers technique wise. We are good nowhere on the park exept when Jelavic is on form, then everyone is on form. Sporting will expect to beat Rangers after tonight, we gave a poor show of ourselves.

I haven't seen Jelavic playing yet, so i can't tell. Sporting will go on the attack, and i sure hope Vukcevic and Matias play from the start. If maniche hadn't played today, i feel that we could have grabbed a win.
Our manager lacks balls, in my opinion.

You must be joking.

inferior to Sporting, you must be joking mate no offense but even if rangers arnt the best team sporting are awful

As a semi-neutral (I love hoops), I must say I thought it was a fair result. Every time Sporting got the ball they tried to attack, which is always a sporting plus, no pun intended. Rangers were more solid at the back and in attack, but they were a lot more cautious. Rangers' depth was woefully exposed by having to play Lafferty. After watching his outing, I'm glad we've got Sammy. Playing Lafferty is always a bad idea, the boy is atrocious, and you shouldn't be relying on him for goals. In the end it took a Whitakker header from a corner to get past the goalie (who seemed very shaky). I thought Weiss was brilliant, boy played his heart out and was only let down by his temper and Rangers' inability to offer him any sort of support. Several times he'd make a blistering run and find himself surrounded by Sporting with nobody to pass the ball too. Diouf was alright too, had a fantastic cross and worked hard. But it's not good when the players that are working the hardest are on loan.

Sporting's goal was pretty fair, a good cross + unmarked player = goal. It was a schoolboy error from Bougherra and Weir, which is quite rare.

Sporting's goal was pretty fair, a good cross + unmarked player = goal. It was a schoolboy error from Bougherra and Weir, which is quite rare.

for two very expierenced central defenders, who have played together for years now it was a terrible goal to give away :(

for two very expierenced central defenders, who have played together for years now it was a terrible goal to give away :(

Aye, which is why I think it's a fair result. You shouldn't make mistakes like that when the opposition have decent attackers - you can afford to make those mistakes against Lafferty. (A)

USporting's goal was pretty fair, a good cross + unmarked player = goal. It was a schoolboy error from Bougherra and Weir, which is quite rare.

To be honest it is more a myth now that we have a good defence, because we have been very shaky for a while :/

where in that post did i say that? your saying it as if Sporting are way out of rangers league, and am just making a point that they arnt and were lucky to get a result tonight ^^)

To be honest it is more a myth now that we have a good defence, because we have been very shaky for a while :/
To be honest, the only thing that's shaky is Weir. He's a top notch defender, but he's just not got the legs anymore. If he did have the legs, I'd geniunely believe he'd be in a top league.

Bougherra is pretty good, of course, like any human being, prone to a few mistakes and tonight happened to be one of them.

where in that post did i say that? your saying it as if Sporting are way out of rangers league, and am just making a point that they arnt and were lucky to get a result tonight ^^)

:D
Your fanaticism amuses me

:D
Your fanaticism amuses me

Might seem weird but I agree with FrankieDolan, Rangers are a superior team imo and have better players individually and together as a team. Honestly, if Jelavic was playing last night instead of Lafferty, Lisbon would be 2 or 3 goals down in this tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.