Rangers vs Celtic - Jan 2nd 2011

Frankie's power of seeing in to the future is outstanding.

Players of his outstanding ability don't come around too often.

Im not saying that Celtic didn't deserve the win, but Craig Thomson should never have been allowed to referee that game after what happened after the last old firm match.

I think he was a bit more biased towards celtic on this occasion, perhaps scared of Neil Lennon. He did get the penalty decision right, but there should have been a penalty or two at the other end, and numerous other decisions in rangers' favour as well.

Celtic were the better team, but once again, and old firm game, that has been ruined by refereeing decisions.

Im not saying that Celtic didn't deserve the win, but Craig Thomson should never have been allowed to referee that game after what happened after the last old firm match.

I think he was a bit more biased towards celtic on this occasion, perhaps scared of Neil Lennon. He did get the penalty decision right, but there should have been a penalty or two at the other end, and numerous other decisions in rangers' favour as well.

Celtic were the better team, but once again, and old firm game, that has been ruined by refereeing decisions.
eh, what decisions ruined the game?you said yourself the better team won. Apart from when the Egyptian should have seen red for rising his hand to Mulgrew, what other mistakes did he make? The ref did well. We where the better team for the whole game and should have won by more. Every player did his job. It shows the depth we have that we can miss 5ish 1st teamers and still win convincingly. yet yous have to play youngsters tat arent good enough at for this level.

Get in there Sammy, not scored in the league this season so good time to score first goals of the campaign :p

go on the hoops can you see a happy hun i cant see a ******* one yaaaaaaaaaa go on the hoops

eh? when the Egyptian should have seen red for rising his hand to Mulgrew, what other mistakes did he make? The ref did well. We where the better team for the whole game and should have won by more. Every player did his job. It shows the depth we have that we can miss 5ish 1st teamers and still win convincingly. yet yous have to play youngsters tat arent good enough at for this level.

- Yes, any player that makes contact with another player's face should be sent off.
- Yes, Celtic were the better team, and deserved the win.
- And I am not in any way, blaming the ref for the result.

However, he did make mistakes. There should have been a penalty for the foul on Lafferty. And Majstorovic brought down Davis (i think it was) in the first half, he was the last man, but Thomson never even gave a foul, should that have been a red card?

Was Craig Thomson feeling pressured by Neil Lennon? was he very careful not to make too many major decisions that would seriously affect Celtic's game?

Basically, the question i ask is, why was Craig Thomson allowed to referee another old firm match? He shouldn't have, because of the controversy after the last old firm game.

These decisions that Rangers had against them today, are the same incidents that Celtic have had against them all season, and i'm pretty sure Lennon, and the fans would have gave the sfa every bit of criticism possible if it was the other way round.

Samaras :D, big win for celtic. Hopefully they push on and win the SPL now.

Rangers were poor. Sammy played well, 1st league goal of the season, t'was a good time to get it. Was hoping for a Rangers victory tbh.

Well that was the biggest pile of ***** I've seen since Unirea. I cba looking through the whole thread, so if theirs any Rangers fans bemoaning the referee, lets not go all timmy, we were just bollocks from start to finish, and Thomson is just a balls ref.

The first goal can only be described as catastrophic defending, from Mcgregor ballsing up the run out to Samaras, then Weir attempting in vain to stop him. A positive you could argue was that Celtic might give Samaras a new contract now, heres hoping.

Also, wtf is Neil Lennon all about ? A ten-minute interview in the ****** studio for the bigoted *****, who then described Samaras as " world class ".

The one positive I'll take from this, is that Ness was outstanding today, the only player who actually looked as if they wanted to be there. What a waste of £40, for that money, I could''ve had a day or two out, very disappointing.

Well that was the biggest pile of ***** I've seen since Unirea. I cba looking through the whole thread, so if theirs any Rangers fans bemoaning the referee, lets not go all timmy, we were just bollocks from start to finish, and Thomson is just a balls ref.

The first goal can only be described as catastrophic defending, from Mcgregor ballsing up the run out to Samaras, then Weir attempting in vain to stop him. A positive you could argue was that Celtic might give Samaras a new contract now, heres hoping.

Also, wtf is Neil Lennon all about ? A ten-minute interview in the ****** studio for the bigoted *****, who then described Samaras as " world class ".

The one positive I'll take from this, is that Ness was outstanding today, the only player who actually looked as if they wanted to be there. What a waste of £40, for that money, I could''ve had a day or two out, very disappointing.

This. I thought Jamie Ness was class today. Wasn't sure when looking at the line ups if he'd be up for it, but he was easily the best Rangers player on the park.

- Yes, any player that makes contact with another player's face should be sent off.
- Yes, Celtic were the better team, and deserved the win.
- And I am not in any way, blaming the ref for the result.

However, he did make mistakes. There should have been a penalty for the foul on Lafferty. And Majstorovic brought down Davis (i think it was) in the first half, he was the last man, but Thomson never even gave a foul, should that have been a red card?

Was Craig Thomson feeling pressured by Neil Lennon? was he very careful not to make too many major decisions that would seriously affect Celtic's game?

Basically, the question i ask is, why was Craig Thomson allowed to referee another old firm match? He shouldn't have, because of the controversy after the last old firm game.

These decisions that Rangers had against them today, are the same incidents that Celtic have had against them all season, and i'm pretty sure Lennon, and the fans would have gave the sfa every bit of criticism possible if it was the other way round.
laferty went down himself mate, their was no contact

cant say i remember the davis incident :S was it in the 1st 10mins? imissed the 1st 10 :(

I agree that Thompson shouldnt have been gavin the game as he might try to reverse the mistakes he made in the last one, but i dont think he did.

go on the hoops can you see a happy hun i cant see a ******* one yaaaaaaaaaa go on the hoops

am still happy 2 games in hand all take that son ;)
ohh and yous got beat at parkhead also so shh