Rapid V Aston Villa Match Thread ITV 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
63 mins: A few objects being thrown from the crowd at Villa players now, with a water bottle narrowly missing Barry Bannan and a lighter just zipping past keeper Brad Guzan's head

Whats there problem :(:(

The problem is that Austria are generally **** at football, whereas England aren't. It's jealousy.

Interesting that A.Young isn't playing. Also considering that the odds have also been slashed on him to join Tottenham earlier :D

Not much time left in the 90th minute with 3 added on

score still 1-1

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Full Time
Rapid 1 Aston Villa 1
Bannan (15)
Nuhiu (32)

Last edited:
Aston Vilaa have luck because Jelavic doesn't play (H)

Not much time left in the 90th minute with 3 added on

score still 1-1

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Full Time
Rapid 1 Aston Villa 1
Bannan (15)
Nuhiu (32)
good work on this. Hope you realise my "massive geek" was in jest (jokes dont always travel well over the internet)

completely missed this game due to the journey back from work

good work on this. Hope you realise my "massive geek" was in jest (jokes dont always travel well over the internet)

completely missed this game due to the journey back from work

I knew it was a Joke ;)

Thursday, 26 August 2010
Europa Lge qualifying
ITV 4 NOW
Current score 0-0

Aston Villa

Substitutes

Rapid Vienna

• 01 Hedl
  • 06 Sonnleitner
  • 08 Heikkinen
  • 14 Katzer
  • 22 Soma
  • 23 Dober
  • 11 Hoffmann
  • 17 Kavlak
  • 21 Saurer
  • 35 Pehlivan
  • 15 Nuhiu
Substitutes

• 24 Payer,
  • 03 Patocka,
  • 07 Kulovits,
  • 26 Hinum,
  • 28 Trimmel,
  • 09 Salihi,
  • 20 Gartler
Ref: Braamhaar

Aston Villa need to win, otherwise we are missing out on a massive goal threat in Jelavic this year :S

lol, I missed the goal, I'm watching it in the background, but apparently it was a good ball ;)

GOAL !
Aston Villa 1-0 Rapid Vienna
Agbonlahor

How the goal was scored

Villa goal: That's just what the doctor ordered for Villa. Steven Ireland sends Ashley Young scampering away down the right and his excellent low cross to the near post is turned in by Gabriel Agbonlahor for his first of the season in his first appearance

Good to see Gabby back and scoring. Also good to see Davies playing, the forgotten man of our team. Pacy defender, just what we need. God knows why Reo-Coker's playing on the right though.

EDIT: Oh ****...

Last edited:
GOAL !
Nuhiu
Aston Villa 1-1 Rapid Vienna
(agg: 2-2)

How the Goal was scored

Rapid goal: We're back to all-square on the night in the Midlands and we are very much all-square on aggregate too. Veli Kavlak twists and turns down the Rapid right and eventually sends over a brilliant cross to the edge of the six-yard box, where Atdhe Nuhiu is on hand to thump a header past Brad Guzan.

PENALTY finally! Shouldve been given one earlier. With the way we're going with spot kicks we'll miss this though.

Thought so. Ha.

You've gotta feel sorry for Heskey, he's so ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.