Rapid V Aston Villa Match Thread ITV 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he did win the penalty, give him a break.

That said, anyone but him on the end of that rebound...

Why the **** is Heskey still a premiership player? Last time i saw him score and this is the gods honest truth was when he played for Liverpool.

LMAO and when i type that he scores, fairplay to the lad! He deserves that and so do Villa, just hope they hold on now.

No one can ever tell me that Heskey is a footballer. OH MY GOD HESKEY

HOW THE PENALTY WAS MISSED

MISSED PENALTY (Stiliyan Petrov, Villa)
Good Lord. Villa eventually do get their spot-kick as Emile Heskey goes down under a challenge from Mario Sonnleitner inside the Rapid box, looks a bit harsh to me, but defender booked. Stiliyan Petrov steps up and his weak kick is saved by Raimund Hedl to his right, with Heskey embarrassingly tapping the ball into the ground and over the bar from the rebound six yards out. That was useless.​

GOAL !
Heskey
Aston Villa 2 Rapid 1
(agg: 3-2)

Last edited:
Game over, absolutely woeful. Villa look so shocking its unreal. Wish you had O'Neill now i suspect.

Wow the highs and lows of European football, I really feel for Villa and their fans.

GOAL !
Aston Villa 2 Rapid 2
Sonnleitner
(agg: 3-3)

How the goal was scored

Rapid goal: And they say lightning doesn't strike twice... A day short of a year after being dumped out at this stage of the Europa League by Rapid, Villa could be going through it all over again here. A corner from the right is flicked on and Mario Sonnleitner's header beats Brad Guzan's despairing dive. As it stands, Rapid are through

Game over, absolutely woeful. Villa look so shocking its unreal. Wish you had O'Neill now i suspect.

No ****. You say it like we wanted him to leave.

I'm going to go through the normal routine of telling myself how its just the Europa League, and how it'll allow us to concentrate on the league but I'm gutted, I really am.

GOAL !
Gartler
Aston Villa 2-3 Rapid Vienna
(agg: 3-4)

How the goal was scored
Rapid goal: This has gone all sorts of wrong for Villa - they now need two to go through. Rapid attack with pace and skill once more down the right and from Christopher Trimmel's cross, sub Rene Gartler arrives at the far post to steer into the net. The Austrians have gone wild.

No ****. You say it like we wanted him to leave.

its just i have heard alot of fans saying they are please he has left thats all. i didnt include you mate i apologise, i actually wanted villa to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.