Real Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur [19:45 - 05/04/11]

4-0 and Mr Peter Crouch you should be ashamed of yourself.

Real Madrid 4-0 Spurs - Ronaldo :wub:

Game/Tie over. Real Madrid into the semi's now though. Without a doubt for me. Great play by Kaka, volley by Ronaldo and Gomes should save, but it goes underneath him. Bad times.

Lol wouldn't have made a difference? being down to ten men for 80 minutes makes a difference, plus we had no 5 metre outlet up front to clear the ball to, but instead a ******* midget.

Crouch cost us the game.

It would have made a difference if it was a defender.. A tall striker got sent off, it should have forced them to keep the ball more and played it about more, taking the main, central role off to make way for a striker was a silly decision from 'Arry. A late change for Defoe would have been more fitting, kept the score as it was for another 35 minutes and then bring Defoe on for the remainder of the game and go all out instead of going for it after 45 minutes.

Crouch cost us the game.

He hasn't cost us the game; we were losing when he was sent off.

He may have increased the scoreline, but we were going to lose this match with our mindset tonight, regardless of whether Crouch was still involved.

As I type this, 4 - 0, and Ronaldo is the scorer. Will they get a 5th?

It would have made a difference if it was a defender.. A tall striker got sent off, it should have forced them to keep the ball more and played it about more, taking the main, central role off to make way for a striker was a silly decision from 'Arry. A late change for Defoe would have been more fitting, kept the score as it was for another 35 minutes and then bring Defoe on for the remainder of the game and go all out instead of going for it after 45 minutes.

Everyone knew the game plan with Crouch was to get it up to him to knock it down for VDV.

Should be interesting to see what the lineup will be in the next tie for both teams...

Hala Madrid! Ronaldo!!

RM 4-0 Spurs!!

Wilkins says Spurs don't deserve this spanking, but RM have dominated them for the whole game & defended atrociously. Greedybarndoor given two free headers, Ronaldo and Di Maria given as much time as they like and shoddy GKing for the last goal.

Tie over.

Officially supporting Schalke for the rest of the tournament now.

Kinda wish I watched Inter - Schalke. 5-2 Schalke now against 10 men Inter. Well done Schalke I thought they would get to the semis hopefully they can hold them off at home.

He hasn't cost us the game; we were losing when he was sent off.

He may have increased the scoreline, but we were going to lose this match with our mindset tonight, regardless of whether Crouch was still involved.

As I type this, 4 - 0, and Ronaldo is the scorer. Will they get a 5th?

I'll rephrase it then.

Crouch cost us any chance of getting something from the game.

Hala Madrid! Ronaldo!!

RM 4-0 Spurs!!

Wilkins says Spurs don't deserve this spanking, but RM have dominated them for the whole game & defended atrociously. Greedybarndoor given two free headers, Ronaldo and Di Maria given as much time as they like and shoddy GKing for the last goal.

Tie over.

I think your bias is getting in the way a bit here...

Don't forget they played for 75 mins with 10 men in one of the most fearsome stadiums in world football, up against some of the best players in the world and one of the best coaches in the world. They were always going to lose, but it was whether they could steal a goal here and take back a small defeat.

They don't deserve the spanking, but definitely deserve the defeat.

Don't forget they played for 75 mins with 10 men in one of the most fearsome stadiums in world football, up against some of the best players in the world and one of the best coaches in the world. They were always going to lose, but it was whether they could steal a goal here and take back a small defeat.

When you give Adebayor two free headers and afford two dangerous wingers (particularly Ronaldo) that much time and space then you deserve to get a spanking.

They've still defended dreadfully. We got dominated by Barca at the Nou Camp, but we defended well for 45 minutes and had a man sent off after an hour. Yet we deserved to get beat comfortably.

I'm not saying I expected them to do anything, just that they got beat 4-0 because that's what happens when you defend that badly, especially against a team of RM's quality.

Missed almost the entirety of the game - got home 10 mins ago. Just saw the goals, too, great one by Di Maria, and I must say I though Adebayor was a ******* waste of space for Madrid, will have to take that back :p

We deserved to lose. We didn't create anything of note, and our defending, despite what Wilkins said, wasn't very good at all. The problem though came from midfield, as we failed to hold onto the ball for more than 5-10 seconds for the majority of the match before Madrid won it back, and this invited all the pressure onto our back four.

Don't make excuses about red cards costing us the game guys; we're not Arsenal, let's admit defeat gracefully.

By the way, in the Madrid v Tottenham game none of the scorers were Spanish, and in the Inter v Schalke game none of them were Italian nor German - unless you count Ranocchia's. Found it amusing because there were plenty of goals scored.