Real Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur [19:45 - 05/04/11]

The official reason for Aaron Lennon's last-minute absence tonight? A sore throat, according to Uefa. Very strange.

Came up on BBC news feed.

Poor start to go 1-0 down so early. Crouch's stupidity cost them any chance of a comeback.

Came up on BBC news feed.

Harry obviously wanted to do a Mourinho-style last minute sub!

Doesn't work so well if you're bringing on Jermaine "Hurr what's marking" Jenas.

We deserved to lose. We didn't create anything of note, and our defending, despite what Wilkins said, wasn't very good at all. The problem though came from midfield, as we failed to hold onto the ball for more than 5-10 seconds for the majority of the match before Madrid won it back, and this invited all the pressure onto our back four.

Don't make excuses about red cards costing us the game guys; we're not Arsenal, let's admit defeat gracefully.

And there's nothing to be ashamed of anyways - you were beaten by a bottomless pit of money managed by Mourinho - it doesn't get much harder than that, Barça being one of the probable exceptions.

We deserved to lose. We didn't create anything of note, and our defending, despite what Wilkins said, wasn't very good at all. The problem though came from midfield, as we failed to hold onto the ball for more than 5-10 seconds for the majority of the match before Madrid won it back, and this invited all the pressure onto our back four.

Don't make excuses about red cards costing us the game guys; we're not Arsenal, let's admit defeat gracefully.

Are we really going to do this? Spurs are losing 1-0 and it changed the game according to some, we're winning on aggregate and wrongly get a player sent off, but it didn't matter.

Agree with Godcubed..

Also - Tottenham completed 162 passes tonight. At the weekend, against Chelsea, Stoke completed 177 passes. Arsenal completed 191 against Barcelona at the Nou Camp when we were "destroyed". Just saying

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Why was Jamie Redknapp suggesting not having Lennon on the pitch changed Spurs' set-piece set up? Why would Lennon be picking up Adebayor? Why would he be picking up anyone?

Im a madrid fan but i feel sorry for Spurs. I dont know why Crouch was so overloaded. And stupid...

I would have liked to see 90 minutes 11v11..but no...

It wasn't the exciting game i was hoping for.

PFA nominee Gareth Bale made 8 passes tonight, with a pass completion ratio of 53.3%. Only Gomes & Crouch had worse.

Just looked at the scores for tonight.

All i could do was laugh and say Ronaldo is awesome and Mourinho is a tank.

Why was Jamie Redknapp suggesting not having Lennon on the pitch changed Spurs' set-piece set up? Why would Lennon be picking up Adebayor? Why would he be picking up anyone?

Because Lennon is a beast at set-pieces, obviously.

Redknapp is a ****.

All i could do was laugh and say Ronaldo is awesome and Mourinho is a tank.

Ironically Ronny wasn't even that good tonight either. Clinical from Madrid...

The Tottenham player with the most passes completed was Dawson -- with 26.

Im absolutely gutted, Im so glad ive got tomorrow off work. What went wrong ... EVERYTHING!

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Shut up ... We got futher than the scum of Arsenal, How much does the Madrid team cost? Its our first time in the competition and your laughing we went out. What a ******!

Alonso made more passes (86) than the whole Spurs 5-man midfield combined (74), INCLUDING van der Vaart.

Are we really going to do this? Spurs are losing 1-0 and it changed the game according to some, we're winning on aggregate and wrongly get a player sent off, but it didn't matter.
Are we going to do what? I'd prefer the other Tottenham fans on here not to blame a red card for the loss, that's all. I referenced Arsenal because of the comments in your match thread. Cheap shot? Perhaps, but you're hardly one to talk, given your posts in this thread tonight. :)

Joss said:
Also - Tottenham completed 162 passes tonight. At the weekend, against Chelsea, Stoke completed 177 passes. Arsenal completed 191 against Barcelona at the Nou Camp when we were "destroyed".

This doesn't surprise me. I'd say we saw less of the ball than Arsenal did against Barcelona, despite your 0 shots on goal. Stoke should have won that game against Chelsea, so that isn't surprising either.

Alonso made more passes (86) than the whole Spurs 5-man midfield combined (74), INCLUDING van der Vaart.

Stat boffin GOONER! We got futher than you so dont try and rub it in because we got futher than you so HA HA HA HA HA.

Are we going to do what? I'd prefer the other Tottenham fans on here not to blame a red card for the loss, that's all. I referenced Arsenal because of the comments in your match thread. Cheap shot? Perhaps, but you're hardly one to talk, given your posts in this thread tonight. :)

Fair enough ;)

This doesn't surprise me. I'd say we saw less of the ball than Arsenal did against Barcelona, despite your 0 shots on goal. Stoke should have won that game against Chelsea, so that isn't surprising either.

Alonso made more passes (86) than the whole Spurs 5-man midfield combined (74), INCLUDING van der Vaart and Defoe.

You were a little unlucky, but when you defend that badly, you're always going to get spanked as we would have had we done that..

Xabi was excellent tonight, don't remember him misplacing a pass at all.

Stat boffin GOONER! We got futher than you so dont try and rub it in because we got futher than you so HA HA HA HA HA.

Oooh, it's so tempting...

EDIT: No need - Billy got there ;)

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Another thread looking like it'll end up closed. Think my last 3 in the Football sub-forum have ended up that way.