Real Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur [19:45 - 05/04/11]

Stat boffin GOONER! We got futher than you so dont try and rub it in because we got futher than you so HA HA HA HA HA.
Well done, you got further than us this season. Congratulations.
Now what about the last 10+ seasons of the Champions League?

Your just making yourself look like a fool.

EDIT: No need - Billy got there ;)

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Nice edit there. Yes, I saw. :p

Ronaldo managed to score even when not playing that well. Measure of the player, I guess...

I've just got in and seen the results, am I right in saying Essou-Ekotto had a bit of a mare tonight? judging by the bbc updates, he was responsible for at least two of the goals.

Ronaldo played very well considering it was his first game after 2 weeks injured. You could see from his movement that he wasn't at his best.

I've just got in and seen the results, am I right in saying Essou-Ekotto had a bit of a mare tonight? judging by the bbc updates, he was responsible for at least two of the goals.

No, I wouldn't blame BAE for much, if anything really. The problems came from midfield, and conceding from two set pieces early on. Modric had his first game in a Tottenham shirt, and both Sandro and Jenas were terrible overall, with the latter responsible for such an easy first goal.

None of the Tottenham team were particularly inspiring today but I thought Jenas underlined the reason why many think he is garbage. Agree the midfield was pathetic and the attack was for the majority non existent. Bale clearly not fully fit either.

Lennon sore throat? something dodgy there. Always thought he was a druggy (See haircut).

Crouch was an idiot though, and ruined any chance Spurs have.

I hate Spurs but hoping for a cracker next week. 5-0 to Spurs.

Did anyone else laugh when Jamie Redknapp felt the need to tell everyone he knows his dad very well?

Can't see Spurs coming back from this...

Like to see al English teams do well, shame.

Tbh my money is on Madrid winning the lot, even if they get Barça, I think Mourinho will be better prepared for them this time after that thrashing. If I'm wrong though, is the semis and second in the league enough for him to keep his job at Madrid?

Tbh my money is on Madrid winning the lot, even if they get Barça, I think Mourinho will be better prepared for them this time after that thrashing. If I'm wrong though, is the semis and second in the league enough for him to keep his job at Madrid?

what better manager could they bring in to replace him?

That's a rhetorical question isn't it? They can't, but the way they manage their club is like Chelsea on steroid as far as the manager conveyer belt goes.

Been reading the comments on the SSN website, all the spurs fans saying Crouch should be sold. Lets see, VDV goals - 12. VDV goals made by Crouch - 6. He does his job very well and imo, i would love to see liverpool sign him, Crouch, Carroll and Suarez upfront. Could work

Did anyone else laugh when Jamie Redknapp felt the need to tell everyone he knows his dad very well?

haha yeah that was funny, you'd hope he knows him very well.
This doesn't surprise me. I'd say we saw less of the ball than Arsenal did against Barcelona, despite your 0 shots on goal. Stoke should have won that game against Chelsea, so that isn't surprising either.

Stoke shouldn't have won. The draw was actually the right result, both teams had chances where they could have won it and it was a great game of football. What are you basing this on? A few highlights on MOTD?

Last edited:
Very good game. Was kinda expected this. Spurs failed to maintain any possession even when Crouch was on the field. First thought in my mind was "What if Spurs somehow get a result, will they see any of the ball against Barca".

Spurs Midfield was non existent. Alonso and Co had superb game. Ramos should have got booked, shame ref thought otherwise.

I feel Crouch sending off was very important to the scoreline as Spurs had no one to hoof the ball. They gave the ball back within no time, it was like watching practice session. Attack Vs Defense.

haha yeah that was funny, you'd hope he knows him very well.

Stoke shouldn't have won. The draw was actually the right result, both teams had chances where they could have won it and it was a great game of football. What are you basing this on? A few highlights on MOTD?

stoke should have won, even chelsea die hards like cjacko admit they should have trounced you, you had chances but they had more and cech is the reason you came away with a point

Spurs' midfield didnt exist, Sandro was suprisingly disappointing and Jenas, well yeah.... the less said the better

Been reading the comments on the SSN website, all the spurs fans saying Crouch should be sold. Lets see, VDV goals - 12. VDV goals made by Crouch - 6. He does his job very well and imo, i would love to see liverpool sign him, Crouch, Carroll and Suarez upfront. Could work

...that would never work lol

Please,please please take him. I hated him before the game and now my hatred for him coudn't be worse. I will drive him to Liverpool myself free of charge