Is this strictly legends? why not try and create dani alves role. his movement up and down the pitch and his ability to break clear of the defensive line.

Tried the Messi 4-6-0 tactic with Lyon, have Lisandro Lopez in Messi position, and I think it is an excellent tactic:

laffles, I know that this tactic is a tweaked version of a different tactic, but you should think about making your own thread for it, really great tactic :)

Steve

do you recon i could play ronaldo in the messi role if i re trained him to amc?

Is this strictly legends? why not try and create dani alves role. his movement up and down the pitch and his ability to break clear of the defensive line.

Not so hard, wingback, attacking mentality, run from deep often, run with ball sometimes. With his high workrate he will propably act pretty much how he does in real life. Another option is MR position and defensive winger, tried it once but acts like wingback anyway and player I was using had natural WBL and DL positions, but his ML position was lower.

kudos to you.. looking forward to the release of other roles!

hey laffles, who are you going to use to try to recreate the almost impossible cruyff role?

I have attempted to recreate the style of Mario Basler (in my opinion the greatest winger that I have had the pleasure to watch) but I did not have great success maybe because of the fact that I have not seen a player of his quality on FM. He played a winger with tons of dribbles. He often crossed from the byline, but in the same time he would occasionally cut inside and shoot from the edge of the box or enter the box through 1-2-3 defenders and score from a CCC. Also he would often use his great pace to run from deep and get a pass into space behind the defence. I tried it with Cristiano Ronaldo because despite the fact that he is nowhere near the class of Basler, he (I think) is a similar type of player but I didn't get the success that I wanted. any suggestions?

very nice one, I think that the messi role is probably the best false 9 role I have ever seen.

can özil, kaká, douglas costa and canales play the messi role just as good as messi does ?

I tried Pele role with CR7 and often he shot's from long range instead of dribling the defenders and find proper space for the shoot :S

i tried ur pele role with my striker wallyson and it was a phenom move,
he played probably the best season any of my players ever did, and i just used it half a season
i'm excited about next season he he
View attachment 176919

Laffles, regarding the PELE role, do you make him hold the ball up? It's quite important for the role I think, as if he does, he's dwelling on the ball more. I can't work it out - common sense says - one up front, make him hold it up. But, I don't remember Pele hanging about very much...

Laffles, regarding the PELE role, do you make him hold the ball up? It's quite important for the role I think, as if he does, he's dwelling on the ball more. I can't work it out - common sense says - one up front, make him hold it up. But, I don't remember Pele hanging about very much...

Doesn't have to be a lone frontman, you could play 3 of them! I didnt want him holding up the ball because it tends to make them dwell rather than have fluid movement....

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

what about the great argentinian batista? Or fat ronaldo legend.

im not taking requests anymore!

i'm gonna play one of his own, and try the messi player behind him.... could be messy ;)

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

oh and please consider looking at paul gascgoine ;)

When are you gonna make a role again? it's been a while..

Pele. The greatest footballer to have ever lived. Known for making the Impossible very very possible. One man who Inspired a generation of Brazilian success and millions of players to date.

Pele was never known for being an 'everywhere' player like Cruyff or Messi, Nor a pure striker like Puskas or Van Basten. Pele was simply Pele.

His job in both the Santos team and the Brazilian national team was to open up space and be the 'Frontline Playmaker' as well as the main target man and finisher. A hugely complex role to recreate in Football Manager.

You'd think so, but It seems lady luck smiles upon me. It took me a month to get Messi's role right, comparing it with about 20 videos and such. But with Pele, it seems my first attempt is spot on :D

So here we go.

View attachment 173770

In this screenie, we see Neymar in the Pele role picking up the ball on the left after drifting out wide. You can see he has 3 options: Go wide and cross, quickly drive into the box or cut inside fully. Any of these options are good, as all will create a chance.

View attachment 173773

Neymar chooses to cut inside fully. Now he has 2 options. Take a risky long shot and most probably waste a great position OR pass short to Ganso and hope he plays it to Elano for the through ball. Now cause Pele was rarely so selfish He should choose the pass. And being a good lad he does.

View attachment 173775

So the Passes were made and Neymar moves into the box, picks up the through ball and shoots, which is unfortunately saved (Im hoping this doesn't happen every example).
The Players highlighted in yellow are the ones dragged out of position by Neymars run, The LB, LM and LCB were all pulled out of position, which in FM terms is massive, Very similar to Pele's running.

O papel do rei (The Kings Role)

View attachment 173776

So, Pele. He was let to do his own thing alot, so the free role and Max creative freedom were obvious. Again, High closing down increases his Positional movement and work rate up front. His mentality set one click below attacking allows him to get involved in team plays more often. Short Passing lets him retain his teams possession and the High through balls allow him to create more chances for his team mates. Pele wasn't half as difficult as I thought. The role is **** effective though, acting as a False 9, Playmaker, Target Man and Finisher all in one. Im impressed. I'd advise setting this role as Playmaker AND Target Man to feet as I reckon this will double it's effectiveness..

Laffles do you think the Pele role would work for Van Persie. I am playing a 4-3-3/451 with Arsenal