[Released] Foss' Football Manager 2011 Summer Update

Good to see someone who doesn't think they know better than a whole company of researchers. Good stuff, I look forward to it.

Only a couple of changes to suggest:

Make Ciaran Clark accomplished as a DM
Make Stewart Downing natural at RW
Make Nigel Reo-Coker natural at DM

That should be all.

All in due time.

how about after releasing after tomorrows play off final. That will be the final day of the football season and all promotions concluded

He'll release it when he's ready.

I wouldn't bother with the comp names - save yourself the hassle and just recommend people use this. :)

There are a fair few comps that have new sponsorship, so the name changes this next season.

Changes count at 21,500.
Feels good, man.

are you releasing it after today match can you all let us know so we can stop asking cheers

are you releasing it after today match can you all let us know so we can stop asking cheers

Maybe stop asking now, and be patient. I am sure Foss will release when he is happy with it.

could you tell us when around your going to release it coz I'm not going on the game till you've done this update but if it's not going to be done for another few days then i might aswell just start a game up..

I'm not giving out any static release date.

can you tell me though if it will or will not be today? what kind of things are you doing now on the update..

Fossy are you doing transfer budgets? If so will try and pin down united's one using the current financial. its not the 150m thats being bandied about, but it is huge

What are you doing re: scholes? given that he still wont sign a new contract, and has been left off the shirts next season

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

also Nani ML and AML rating should be 14, hes definitely not as good on the left as he is on the right

Rooney AMC 17, certainly a good accomplished rating there

uniteds debt has dropped to 471 (will double check that)

can you tell me though if it will or will not be today? what kind of things are you doing now on the update..

Doing league movements and changing registered teams for the Champions League/Europa League.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Fossy are you doing transfer budgets? If so will try and pin down united's one using the current financial. its not the 150m thats being bandied about, but it is huge

What are you doing re: scholes? given that he still wont sign a new contract, and has been left off the shirts next season

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

also Nani ML and AML rating should be 14, hes definitely not as good on the left as he is on the right

Rooney AMC 17, certainly a good accomplished rating there

uniteds debt has dropped to 471 (will double check that)

Any confirmed transfer budget changes/financial changes most likely. Haven't decided on other things.
Thanks for the info!

No CA/PA changes

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing I can think of is the takeover of Rangers by Craig Whyte.Also we get 15 million this summer.
20 mil over 4 years including wages certainly doesnt sound like 15mil this summer :S

Have you done the transfers that missed the data lock?
Crosas <3 to FC Volga for 500k
Adam Matthews to Celtic compensation believed to be around 200k.
Kelvin Wilson to Celtic free transfer.

Scott Brown natural rm, played there for hibs and played there most of this season for Celtic.
Mulgrew accomplished or maybe natural cb. As above.

Matty Hughes released from Celtic - almost certain that he has agreed terms with Fleetwood Town
Stephen O'Donnell released from Celtic :S

Foss:

United debt is 478m

Re: the budget. united have a current cash balance of 113, set to rise 160m by mid summer (after the Prem and CL money is released)

It's that 160m figure that is being bandied about. However even when big spending United are prudent with cash, if that makes sense

I would set it at 80m for title challengers, 105 for title winning. United have always tried to keep significant cash reserves and i would be incredibly suprised if we were to set more than 2/3s of the cash balance aside for transfers.

I would not change the wage budget either, that is something they are trying to keep in balance especially after recent contract extensions

Foss:

United debt is 478m

Re: the budget. united have a current cash balance of 113, set to rise 160m by mid summer (after the Prem and CL money is released)

It's that 160m figure that is being bandied about. However even when big spending United are prudent with cash, if that makes sense

I would set it at 80m for title challengers, 105 for title winning. United have always tried to keep significant cash reserves and i would be incredibly suprised if we were to set more than 2/3s of the cash balance aside for transfers.

I would not change the wage budget either, that is something they are trying to keep in balance especially after recent contract extensions

None of that money being used to clear some debt? I really cant see fergi spending £105mil in the summer.

Last edited:
None of that money being used to clear some debt? I really cant see fergi spending £105mil in the summer.

Debt has already been taken into account with these figures. Gill has said this, the Glazers have said, SAF has said. In fact SAF said two years ago we could be set for a huge spend in two years, where he need " 3 World class players to come in"

Whether he spends 105 million or not is neither here or there, that comes down to negotiations, the point is thats how much we have to use in the transfer market. We may only spend 45 million if SAF goes for Defour/Rodwell in addition to Varane and De Gea, we may spend 85 million if he targets Modric or Sneidjer too/instead. we may hit 100 million if he includes Ashley Young.

22,500 changes....man you must be editing 24/7!!!

I've seen an update on the official FM forum but it will be nowhere near as good as yours but I need to start a new game as I'm dying to play.
I can probably hold out another 2-3 days do you think you'll be ready with the release for then?

22,500 changes....man you must be editing 24/7!!!

I've seen an update on the official FM forum but it will be nowhere near as good as yours but I need to start a new game as I'm dying to play.
I can probably hold out another 2-3 days do you think you'll be ready with the release for then?

Possibly. 23,000 changes hit.