Remembering Kevin Francis - Direct Target Man 442 Tactic - 117 points Birmingham 1st Season

Remembering Kevin Francis - Direct Target Man 442 Tactic - 117 points Birmingham 1st Season 2

2023 with Oxford United - finished 2nd in the Premier League - behind Liverpool. We were miles behind, but a late run saw us come pretty close to the title. Miraculously we won both the FA Cup and the Champions League!!!

Attachments

• oxford 2023.png
    oxford 2023.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 900
Hey, amazing tactic. Won the league three years straight, my TM being the top scorer for 4years straight. In the 2nd half of the 4th season & the 5th season, I can see some problems:

1)I'm conceding corner goals, and headers from crosses from short players like Salah. My DC's are tall, with good positioning, bravery and heading/jumping, and my GK is tall with good aerial stats.

2)I'm getting ripped in the back when good teams play counter attack, both from the flanks and center. Even if I drop the defensive line it doesn't stop it.

3)There are lots of games that I just can't score. I know it's FM and this happens all the time throughout the years, but there is an increasing number of games that I score 0-1 goals, even if I get loads of chances.

4) AND MOST IMPORTANT: Goals from corners & throw ins have dropped significantly, about 50%. I use the same takers & TM, the takers find the TM in the box but he almost always heads it well over the post.

There is no point posting my team since it's mostly regens. I guess that after a few seasons I have to find a 2nd tactic to mix it up so that the CPU does not have it all figured out.

Im conceding also a lot of goals from set peaces from side?

What kind of winger is best for this tactic? Defensively strong or just speedy winger? Need strong foot on same side?

What kind of winger is best for this tactic? Defensively strong or just speedy winger? Need strong foot on same side?

Well rounded players - excellent crossing, good finishing and good mental attributes. Decent heading and jumping helps with back post crosses.

Also, weird thing:

In the last season, I had a ridiculous amount of goals disallowed as offsides. Something like 20-25 goals in a 30 match season. This didn't happen in the past. At first I thought it was my striker's fault, but his all around atts are excellent (mental atts also), and he doesn't have any "beat the offside trap" traits etc.

Also, weird thing:

In the last season, I had a ridiculous amount of goals disallowed as offsides. Something like 20-25 goals in a 30 match season. This didn't happen in the past. At first I thought it was my striker's fault, but his all around atts are excellent (mental atts also), and he doesn't have any "beat the offside trap" traits etc.
Is it the same no matter which striker you use?

Is it the same no matter which striker you use?
Most of the games were with a new striker cause he is by far my best for the role in AF. Will try to rotate in the new season to see if the issue remains the same. Is there something specific in his atts/traits that could cause it?

Most of the games were with a new striker cause he is by far my best for the role in AF. Will try to rotate in the new season to see if the issue remains the same. Is there something specific in his atts/traits that could cause it?

I have no idea. I have Darwin Nunez in my AF role. He gets offside goals a few times a season so far, but nothing too crazy.

Do you change something,when you face a team with 3 cb,because they come out with the ball from the GK very easily against my team?

ballin.png
We were doing so good at one point i was chilling on top for about 3 months,and then december happend (injuries gonna lowkey kill me),still very proud how tactic performs :)

Do you change something,when you face a team with 3 cb,because they come out with the ball from the GK very easily against my team?

I have noticed that, especially against Bournemouth. I've just been extra aggressive with my shouts. Worth trying a tweak though. Will see what I can do.
Not noticed anything myself.

2023 with Oxford United - finished 2nd in the Premier League - behind Liverpool. We were miles behind, but a late run saw us come pretty close to the title. Miraculously we won both the FA Cup and the Champions League!!!

Thats crazy......... Ive just used your tactic for a full season with Grimsby Town in the premiership. Its my 5th season in the premiership so I have quite a decent team. I finished 5th which is the highest I've finished so far. Won the FA Cup and the European Super Cup (won the Euro Cup the year before). Got knocked out of semi of CL by Barca and semi of Carabao by Liverpool.

I do still seem to struggle against the top clubs. I thought it was because my team wasn't strong enough but it doesn't seem you have a team full of world class players with Oxford? Have added a few screenshots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 14.51.49.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 14.51.49.png
    350.9 KB · Views: 703
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 14.58.24.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 14.58.24.png
    314.8 KB · Views: 551
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 14.58.59.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 14.58.59.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 397
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 15.00.22.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 15.00.22.png