Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

World Cup North American Qualifying 4th Phase

USA 0-1 Canada
View attachment 218619
A great win over our neighbouring rivals. It will no doubt send the fans into raptures. We didn’t played the best , USA were the better team but i can’t really fault the players to be honest. A valuable 3 points.

Canada 1-1 Costa Rica
View attachment 218620
A very frustrating draw, we had to rely on a last minute strike from Dan Henderson to secure a point after we clearly dominated the whole game. The presence of Junior Hoilett was missed and it’s hard to fill that void.

Mexico 3-1 Canada
View attachment 218623
I’m not too surprised by the defeat here against Mexico. We did well to take the lead early on but failed to build on it , Mexico were far superior and scared us off. Hopefully it doesn’t hamper our qualification chances.

Canada 1-0 El Salvador
View attachment 218636

A far better performance. We created so many chances and looked really dangerous but didn’t score as many goals as we should have. El Salvador weren’t much of a threat , rarely challenging us and didn’t seem to cause any trouble for us. Good confidence boost.

Jamaica 0-2 Canada
View attachment 218627

Another great performance , much more clinical though. Still created plenty of chances but we’re lacking a bit of talent up front to finish them. Our passing has improved an awful lot in the last few weeks which is pleasing. We’re getting the results we need!

View attachment 218632
Half way through the qualification stage and we’re looking good! Hopefully we can keep it going and maybe beat Mexico and home and still top spot! Very good performances so far bar the one at Mexico , which was expected.

Gold Cup 2017

Canada 5-1 Curacao
View attachment 218643

Simply brilliant game to watch.We showed our superiority by holding most of the possession and creating over 30 attempts at goal. Truely beautiful football and the goals were coming from everywhere! One mistake at the back allowed them to score a concilation!

Trinidad&Tobago 0-6 Canada
View attachment 218644
Quite a phenomenal match here. We looked so dangerous in the final third and never look like missing any chance! We again, showed our superiority. Beautiful football which is pleasing the fans and the board!

Honduras 1-1 Canada
View attachment 218645
A decent result , Honduras proved to be a difficult team to break down and they seemed to frustrate us. We tried and tried but failed to cause their solid defence any problems. A good point , but some of the players will be dissapointed not to have finished the group with an 100% record.

View attachment 218646

We managed to finish the group top with only having conceded two goals and scoring a phenomenal 12 in 3 games. Simply fantastic , we can look forward to an exciting Quarter Final!

Gold Cup Quarter Final
El Salvador 1 – 5 Canada
View attachment 218647
We didn’t let El Salvador get a chance for revenge and embarrassed them again. A lovely hattrick for Evan Brown. Delighted to see our goal scoring record continuing , not many teams are outscoring us at the minute!

Gold Cup Semi-Final

USA 1-1 Canada
View attachment 218651
A very poor performance , we had so many chances on goal , so many 1 on 1’s and not taking them and we were punished. Should of had the game buried but we were taken to penalties and punished. Board and fans will be really dissappointed in losing to our Arch Rivals. They also expected to win the Gold Cup , which i thought would be quite a challenge considering Mexico are a dominant force in National Football.

Overall, a very good summer for Canada. Some lovely performances, a massive transformation from the Canada side of last year who were struggling to score goals , now we can’t stop scoring, the World Cup Qualifiers aren’t over yet , but the players get a little break from international football and return to their clubs for Pre=Season fixtures.​

Just caught up, really close to promotion, hoping you get there next season!

Any chance you can tell us what Canada's world ranking is (sorry if already posted, might have missed it)? Also, ranking for the USA? Looks like they are really struggling in NA Qualifying but managed to beat you guys in Gold Cup.

Pre-season update will be up soon.

Apologies for my lack of updates , i've been busy with school work.

Its fine mate, you probably are one of the few users who keep their stories running consitently (Y) great job still loving the story! i reckon you should stick with Canada till after the world cup then move on internationally at least!

hey just wanted to say ive been following your story since you started at fulham it's been a amazing read so far.

curtis

Hey there,

Just caught up with everything from Fulham till Tranmere and Canada. Have to say this is ****** brilliant. And Lloyd Hughes must be awesome now. Can I see his attributes?

And bad luck on the Gold cup but I think you should stay on till the WC, if you do well, you should be able to get a good team internationally in Europe. If not, you can always stick with Canada.

I'll just check the National rankings now and post it in my next update is that okay? I'll also have all the screenshots that you have requested.

Thanks for all the comments!

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES:
Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

Tranmere 3-2 Man City Reserves
Fraser McCarthy hattrick.
Queen of the South 1-0 Tranmere
None
Forfar 0-4 Tranmere
Oriol Fernandez , Thomas Reilly , Steve Bailey , Nicky Adam
Tranmere 2-2 Tottenham (Senior Squad)
Luke Ainscough, Okpara Ayeni

A fairly decent Pre-season , iwas busy with Canada so didn't focus that much on club matters. Great results bar the defeat to Queen of the South.

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

View attachment 219096

I'm delighted with the business i done in this transfer window. I got my loan star back for this season along with 3 Top quality young defenders and a potentially leading Premier League goalkeeper , all for just over 4million! Great financial backing from the board!

View attachment 219099
Here's the requested screenshot of Lloyd Hughes. He's come a really long way from his Tranmere days , doubling in some attributes! He's a leading star in the National side already!

View attachment 219105

Quite a lot of spiking in this ranking graph , to say the least. We’re doing pretty well , currently ranked 38.

View attachment 219103
USA’s ranking has surprised alot , expected to be much higher , they currently lie in Rank 38.

I'll hopefully have the Start of the Season update uploaded this evening!

Good stuff mate. Good signings too. Your Lloyd Hughes is a **** of a player man. Gotta do what ever it takes to keep him in the team. Best of luck with that.

And Canada! Great stuff there. Gutted to see them lose in the semi's against USA by penalties. Hopefully things keep going smoothly in the World Cup qualifying. Things going well there. Taking Canada to 38th in the rankings is a milestone in itself. A pat on the back.

Good stuff mate. Good signings too. Your Lloyd Hughes is a **** of a player man. Gotta do what ever it takes to keep him in the team. Best of luck with that.

And Canada! Great stuff there. Gutted to see them lose in the semi's against USA by penalties. Hopefully things keep going smoothly in the World Cup qualifying. Things going well there. Taking Canada to 38th in the rankings is a milestone in itself. A pat on the back.

Haha thanks. Unfortunately i don't have Lloyd Hughes anymore , my chairman accepted a 4million pound bid for him when we were in League 1 from stoke. He then joined Liverpool from stoke for around 35million pounds. Still glad to see him getting big as he did come directly from the academy and has Tramere and Me as Favoured Team and persons respectively :)

Season Kick-Off:
August Update:

Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

Preston 3-4 Tranmere
View attachment 219164
A fabulous way to start the season. Adrian Mariappa , started of his season with 2 lovely goals, more than he scored in his entire season at Centre Back last year. Fraser McCarthy and Oriol Fernandez continued their brilliant partnership with a goal each. Preston were very good aswell and took the lead and even threatened to get peg us back in the last 5minutes. Great Performance and fantastic result away from home.

League Cup 1st Round

Accrington 0-1 Tranmere
View attachment 219165
International Call ups and injuries forced me too string together a team of substitutes and reserve players. Every position was changed bar Okpara Ayeni at Centre Back. Although the performance wasn’t great , i’m still proud of the boys. Some of them haven’t played much football lately , but still put a good shift in for the club. Zeca especially who is on the verge of challenging for a first team spot after losing it last year. We got the goal just before the Half hour mark and basically parked the bus after that. Good win.

Npower Championship:

Tranmere 1-4 Burnley
View attachment 219166
A really lacklustre performance from the lads today. The sending off of course didn’t help but i can’t use that to blame the terrible performance before hand. We could not get a foothold in the game and failed to create any real problems for Burnley , who were quite well built at the back. I’m still missing a few key players, but i’m we have enough quality to defeat a team like Burnley.

Reading 0-1 Tranmere
View attachment 219167
More or less the same team i played against Burnley , we’re still missing a few key players which is greatly effecting our performances. We got the result we needed but it was still an unconvincing performance , Reading didn’t deserve to lose and will be quite annoyed at this match.

Tranmere 2-2 Watford
View attachment 219168
A much better performance , but alas we didn’t get the result i wanted. We played alot better than recently but there is still more to come from the team. We kept the ball well and passed it with some nice fluency and nice tempo. Hopefully we can build on this performance and that result doesn’t bother the team to much.

League Cup 2nd Round.

Tranmere 2-1 Derby
View attachment 219169
A truely inspiring performance. Really delighted to see us playing that well. We’ve progressed quite well over the last 2 weeks or so , when it comes to picking up the performance and we seem to be getting the results to reflect it now. We can look forward to an entertaining 3rd Round against Premier League outfits.

View attachment 219174

Not the best of months. A slow start to the season , but a bit of improvement towards the end of the month and hopefully we can keep that going through this month and make a storm towards the playoffs. We're due a few players back from injury in the next few weeks so hopefully with their help we can settle down a bit.

North American World Cup Qualifying Phase:
ts.png

Canada 1-0 USA
View attachment 219170
A closely fought contest between the two rivals , but we managed to end up on top. We canceled each other out for the majority of the game , but a mistake from the USA Goalkeeper allowed Junior Hoilett to seize on a stray pass and storm through the box and beat the keeper. The perfect way to make up for the Gold Cup.

Costa Rice 1-0 Canada
View attachment 219171
A really dissappointing performance. I expected us to at least get a draw here after our recent goal scoring form , but the players lacked a bit of match sharpness and a bit of fatigue. Junior Hoilett didn’t feature due to injury and hopefully he’ll be back for the next fixture.

Canada 1-1 Mexico
View attachment 219172
A really good result for us. Mexico are the hardest team in our group and i’m delighted to get a point off them. We had to rely on an own goal to do so though, but then again so did Mexico. We didn’t perform that well. Junior Hoilett also didn’t feature and his presence always changes the team completely.

View attachment 219173
Not the month i was expecting i wanted at least 6 out of the possible nine , disappointed with the loss at the hands of Costa Rica , although it's not all doom and gloom , the draw with Mexico ensures that we are guaranteed a playoff spot, although i don't want to be qualifying through play offs. Two games to go so hopefully we can stay in the top two.

I'm reformating my laptop today, but don't worry i have the save kept safe and sound so expect an update later today.

Last edited:
On second thought , i'm doing abit of studying today. So hopefully ill have one tonight!

Sorry guys , re-format is taking a lot longer than i thought, i have to get my drivers and all that , taking quite a while , i'll try to have an update up later tonight

Its all good. I need to re-format my laptop too. Will most likely do it when i finish my FMBase story before i start a third.

Just read through most of this, and I really like it! I'm not a big fan of Fulham, but I love that you're controlling Canada, since I'm Canadian :)

Hopefully i can get one up soon! I'll start working on it now! But no promises it's really hard getting schoolwork revising and FM done in the one evening :/

UPDATE:

I'm currently installing Microsoft word in order to write the update(Must easier to type out and then copy and paste) so expect a update around. 7.30pm. Sound fair?