Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

September Update:
Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

nPower Championship
Peterborough 2-2 Tranmere

View attachment 219991
Peterborough continued their good form against us and again denied us the three points. In all honesty, we played terrible. No-one particularly stood out for me. Our number of chances reflects our performance. Couldn’t string two passes together and struggled to get into the game at all. Although we took the lead , we certainly didn’t deserve the 3 points, so a draw was quite an accomplishment considering Peterborough were all over us.

Tranmere 0-2 Brighton
View attachment 219992
Another team who has a fantastic record against us over the years. Brighton were quite lucky to get the 3 points today. We played a lot better than the previous match and deserved a win, or at least a draw. We lacked composure in front of goal Fraser McCarthy was injured so we really struggled in the front role. Brighton will be delighted with this win, because to be fair they were quite lucky.

Nottingham Forest 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 219993
A really good way to bounce back after a disappointing result at home last week. A very good match for the neutral fan. Nottingham dominated the possession but failed to cause any real concerns for our back four. We had the majority of the chances and scored to cracking goals on McCarthy’s return to the first team after awhile out with injury. One downside is that Oriol Fernandez broke his leg which will see him out for a quite a while.

League Cup 3rd​ Round
Norwich 0-1 Tranmere

View attachment 219994
Quite a fortuitous victory to say the least. Norwich dominated us , forcing many attacks on our defence , but we held out well and denied them any clear cut opportunity at goal. A freak Own goal gave us the lead just before the 10th​ minute mark. A long range effort from McCarthy hit the crossbar , hit the back of the head of the keeper and ricocheted of the defenders leg. We managed to hold out then for the the rest of the match and can now look forward to a quarter final tie against Blackburn Rovers.

nPower Championship
Middlesbrough 1-1 Tranmere

View attachment 219995
A good performance and a decent result to go by for it aswell. It was quite an evened out fixture. We took the lead in the first half through a solo effort from Kenny McLean and we created quite a few chances after that but failed to build on the lead and we were punished by a stubborn Middlesbrough team who never gave up, they scored 3 minutes from added time through a corner, somewhere I think we need to work on- Set Pieces.

View attachment 219996

A fairly decent month I suppose , not overly delighted with the performances. A good league cup win , but as far as the league goes , I think we should be performing a lot better than we currently are. I’m going to start to try improving our away form.

ts.png

World Cup Qualifying Phase
Costa Rica 0-0 Canada

View attachment 219997
A decent result away from home. We played quite well actually and thought we were going to score a load of goals from our build up, but we lacked a bit of composure in the final 3rd​ of the pitch and that dictated the result. Nevertheless I’m delighted with a draw away from home to a good Costa Rican side.

Canada 1-1 Mexico
View attachment 219998
Another fantastic draw against a far superior Mexico side. A last minute equaliser from Robbia Brown sent the home fans into raptures! We played okay considering we were playing a team that really were a scare to us. We created a few chances but again lacked a bit of cool-ness infront of goal.

View attachment 219999

With two games remaining I’m hoping to stay away from that playoff position and secure an automatic qualification place. We can still get first if results go our way.

Last edited:
Surely, you've got the automatic place for Canada! Will that be their first ever World Cup appearance, if you do get it?

Oh my goodness. How awesome would it be, for Canada to go to the World Cup! Great draw to Mexico especially.

And your results with Tranmere are alright too!

As far as i know , yes it would be the first World Cup they have featured in.

Haha , i'm trying to get another month played now and maybe have an update up late tonight! No promises though. If you have any comments to make , then fire away!

I've have this month played , i just gotta get some revising done then i'll write up an update. How does that sound?

Also... any requests to change anything? I think the format i'm posting in is pretty good , but that's just my personal taste. Want anything to be added? Maybe introduce some personal in-depth knowledge of the managers social life etc. Let me know and i'll see what i can do !

I dunno, looks pretty good to me. I'm using almost the same format, (although thats not really getting me much followers) but it looks nice to me anyway :p

Good luck for your exams, I presume. I had one yesterday! :)

[h=1]October Update:[/h][h=2]nPower Championship:[/h][h=2]Tranmere 1-3 Cardiff
[/h]
View attachment 220249

A poor defeat , neither team really deserved to win. We had slightly more possession than the seagulls and created a few chances but failed to really take advantage of them and left it late to score a consolation. Cardiff on the other hand we’re quite decisive in the final third and, did what we couldn’t , finish the chances.

Tramere 5-2 Sunderland
View attachment 220250
A simply emphatic victory. Totally outclassed the Black Cats in a 7goal thriller! A hattrick for Fraser McCarthy gives him the front page of the newspapers with reported big European clubs attracting his attention. A slight change in tactics really showed it’s difference , we actually finished a few of our chances on this occasion. Sunderland were woeful and got themselves 6 yellow cards. This defeat to us, also means the sacking of their Manager.

Ipswich 2-0 Tranmere
View attachment 220251
A fairly even match between the two promotion candidates. Some would say that Ipswich were lucky to win, but in my honest opinion they deserved it , simply because they took their chances. Our complacency infront of goal plagued us again in this away fixture. We played so very attractive football , but really disappointing the travelling fans with our abysmal finishing.

Tranmere 3-1 West Brom
View attachment 220252
Labelled as a historic victory. We struck lucky against the mighty Albions. West Brom dominated the game with their very strong midfield but we stood strong at the back and kept them out until the second half. Two chances feel to McCarthy in the first half and he did not disappoint, adding to his goal tally. Adrian Mariappa also added to his goal scoring record for Tranmere, more than any other defender in the Championship.

Southampton 1-1 Tranmere
View attachment 220253
A good result away from home. We didn’t play the best, scrappy football but I caught some glimpses of the lovely game we are more than capable of executing. Southampton were simply brilliant off the ball , tightly marked each of our dangermen , McCarthy was marked by 3 men. A draw is the best result for both teams , and I for one won’t be complaining about a point from St. Mary’s.

Player of the Month:
View attachment 220254
Fraser has had a brilliant month , scoring 6 goals in his last 5 games with an average rating of over 7.50. He is also leading the goalscoring charts so far this season. 3 goals ahead of second placed Sean Scanell. There’s no doubt big teams will be coming in for the youngster who has had a brilliant career with Tranmere. Will do my utmost to keep him at the club and have offered him a new contract to keep him happy.

ts.png

World Cup North American Qualifying Phase

Canada 2-1 Jamaica

A vintage display from Canada in this exciting fixture between the two North American sides. We played alot better than previous performances but lacked the goal count to back it up. A lovely team effort and impressive considering key player, Junior Hoilett is missing again due to injury. Down side to the win though, teenage sensation Ben Gee is out for a few weeks with an injury.

El Salvador 1-1 Canada
View attachment 220255

Not the best of performances here away from home , but missing two of our key players is a decent excuse, but at the same time worrying. If we were missing them in the long run I’m sure we would suffer. El Salvador took the lead and we got an equaliser through Junior Hoilett who is still carrying a injury but I risked playing to ensure that we didn’t lose. This draw means we automatically qualify for the World Cup, Canada’s first ever World Cup appearance.

View attachment 220259View attachment 220258View attachment 220257

Now a little note regarding the upcoming World Cup. It’s getting quite difficult now with the Canada job as I’ve lost a lot of the professional players playing in playable/viewable leagues due to retirement so my team is starting to look like a Regen team and seeing as Teams from the Canadian leagues aren’t viewable I won’t have the best of selection. After this world cup , I may decided to resign because that isn’t an appealing challenge to me. Thoughts on the matter are accepted though , so speak up!

A few mistakes in there sorry , but everytime i try to edit it something else screws up. Last time i use notepad to copy and paste from :p

It would be the dream job for me, so if I was ever to get the job, I'd keep it forever, but I understand where you're coming from, so do what you want to do, so that you enjoy it. :p

My great nation of Wales are playing a Tranmere Rovers youngster how embarrassing joking good story

Thanks guys!

I'll see if i can get another month played now and get another update up tonight, no promises though! Gotta get back to revising!

Top story, any chance of a screenshot of your tactic layout? :D

November Update:
Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

English League Cup 4th​ Round:

Tranmere 5-4 West Ham
View attachment 220289

A simply thrilling encounter where we managed to edge in front very late on. A brilliant performance from the lads. Extremely clinical in the final third of the pitch. The fans are delighted at our Cup run so far and can look forward to a tasty fixture against North-London outfit Tottenham! This is also a record match for the most goals scored in one league cup match.

Tranmere 4-0 Brentford
View attachment 220290
A fairly one sided match which is backed up by a convincing scoreline. Decided to rest Fraser McCarthy for awhile because of the amount of matches he has played this season and I’m really happy that we managed to play just fine without him. Oriol Fernandez marks his first start in while with a nice goal. Hopefully we can continue our great start to this month.

Derby 2-2 Tranmere
View attachment 220291
A well earned point away from home at Pride Park. We played really well and created plenty of chances for ourselves. Fraser McCarthy was unlucky missing the target a few times. I’m more than happy with a point here , Pride Park is a difficult place to go and get the full points. Young Turkish centre back Cavus has another good performance , bright future ahead of this lad.

Tranmere 2-0 Bolton
View attachment 220292
An ecstatic atmosphere surrounds Prenton Park after this vintage display to overcome Title favourites Bolton. The young Turk ended up with another nice little headed goal to add to his tally , same goes for Fraser McCarthy and his prolific record in this league. A really good overall performance. Helped by a controversial red card. We played some lovely football and split the opposition open at times with our one touch football.

Tranmere 2-0 Swansea
View attachment 220293
Another fantastic attacking display from the home team this evening! We dominated the Welsh side and really looked dangerous on the front foot. We created so many chances , and we really should have had more than two goals. More lovely football to be seen today , the atmosphere around Tranmere at the moment is at an all time high has we climb our way up the table.

Barnsley 1-4 Tranmere
View attachment 220294
Simply brilliant. We just showed the rest of England that we can play our fantastic football away from home. The possession was more or less divided equally between the two of us but we were far more clinical with it, creating so many chances and scoring 4 beautiful goals. I rested young McCarthy again and gave Oriol Fernandez another run out on the field and he delivered another great performance.

View attachment 220295

A fantastic month , nearly a 100 % record if not for that draw away at Derby, any team would be proud of this months stats and I’m overjoyed with the performances and our league position to show for it.

Player of the Month:
View attachment 220300
The young Spaniard has had a great month. After returning from injury he has hit the ground running , scoring an average rating of 7.86 over the last 5 games and has definitely secured that Left Winger position. Might look into getting this kid on a permanent deal later on.

ts.png

International Friendlies:

Australia 2-2 Canada
View attachment 220296
Our first match overseas for quite a while and It was a decent performance. We held the possession well and frustrated the opposition. We created a few chances but couldn’t really seize on them. We managed to take the lead on the 73rd​ minute but sadly , couldn’t hold onto it. No worries , it’s only a friendly.

Poland 2-2 Canada
View attachment 220297
A really good performance against a decent European side. We dominated the match possession wise and chances at goal wise. I’m really happy with the last two friendlies , which give us a rough look at what we could be up against in next summers World Cup.

***********************​
And my formation:
View attachment 220298

Last edited:
Looking forward to who you get in next round of League cup, great work.

I'll be uploading the update a little earlier today. Hopefully around 6?

December Update:
Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

nPower Championship:

Sheffield United 2-0 Tranmere
View attachment 220442
I’m not going to lie , that was a terrible and I mean terrible performance against a team we should be beating fairly easily. Nothing was going our way , tired legs and complacent passing nobody really got their head in the game and really disappointed me after last months brilliant performances. Hopefully we can put this behind us.

Tranmere 1-0 Millwall
View attachment 220443
I am really happy with the performance and the win, but not in the fashion we won it in. We relied on a header to secure us the 3 points. The amount of chances we created was very pleasing but again , the finishing wasn’t acceptable. Should have had at least 3 goals. We dominated possession which is a good factor and everyone played well.

League Cup Quarter Final:

Tottenham 0-1 Tranmere
View attachment 220444
Unbelievable result. Away to the Premier League leaders and not only did we survive an onslaught we managed to turn the game on its head an win it! I am really happy with the way we approached this match , just like any other team , any other game and we struck fear into the Spurs heart. Fans are ecstatic and hoping the go all the way in this fantastic cup run. Next up in the semi-final is…. Manchester United!

nPower Championship

Tranmere 1-2 Huddersfield
View attachment 220445
We were really unlucky to lose in this fixture. It was a really even game and we certainly didn’t deserve a red card , terrible decision by the referee and I no doubt will appeal it. Really disappointed at how we threw away the game with 10 minutes to go with a 1 goal lead and two mistakes from 2 corners allowed league leaders Huddersfield to crush our hopes of winning this game.

Tranmere 3-2 Blackpool
View attachment 220446
Back to winning ways in a really good fashion. The team looked really dangerous with the ball at their feet and created numerous chances and scored 3 very nice goals. Our defending was nothing to talk about though, quite disappointed at the 2 goals we conceded , keeper should of done better but the defenders shouldn’t have put him under the pressure. Still , 3 points is quite pleasing against a strong Blackpool side.

Tranmere 0-3 Preston North End
View attachment 220447
A rather strange defeat, everyone will be laughing at the scoreline including my own players and I even got a giggle out of it. How on earthy did they managed to thrash us 3-0 on our home ground? We dominated for most part of the games and created good chances which we didn’t take advantage of. Preston had a good 10 minutes in the second half which seen them score 2 rather fortuitous goals. Really scratching my head at this one.

View attachment 220448

Not the best of months league-wise. Although the cup victory at white hart lane definitely makes up for it. We slipped down the table a wee bit this month but we’re still in a comfortable position half way through the season and hopefully we can build on it this month with a few signings to bolster the squad a bit.

Player of the Month
View attachment 220449
Turkish youngster Sercan Cavus has had a simply magnificent month for himself and the club. Scoring a couple of goals and his defending was simply beautiful to watch, this guy has a bright future ahead of him and I’m really tempted to make him the first name on the team sheet from now on.

ts.png

World Cup group stages:
View attachment 220450
We haven’t played any matches this month on the international front but we have however , gotten the draw for the next stage of the world cup. Group C along with France , Slovakia and Guinea. I’m really happy with this group , it could have been a lot worse and not much better. We have a real chance of qualifying for the next stage.

Tranmere had an alright month. Beating Blackpool was good. As for Canada, that group is quite nice for them. If you can hold France to a draw, and beat Slovakia and Guinea, I think you can do it.

keep it up mate! getting in to this story alot. hope you win the cup!