Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

Tranmere had an alright month. Beating Blackpool was good. As for Canada, that group is quite nice for them. If you can hold France to a draw, and beat Slovakia and Guinea, I think you can do it.

keep it up mate! getting in to this story alot. hope you win the cup!

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback!
Unfortunately i couldnt get another update up tonight. January is going by really slow so far.

I'll have another update soon , the usual time between 6-7!

January Update:

Burnley 3-1 Tranmere
View attachment 220720
A pretty poor performance. We may as well have went home after half time with the attitude the players had. During the whole game we only managed to create 4 chances. Really disappointed at this performance , it seems like we are heading for a dip in form. Need to get the players heads up and looking forward. Media are starting to speculate about our promotion hopes being crushed after this defeat.

Tranmere 1-2 Reading
View attachment 220721
A much better performance but not the deserved result. We played Reading off the pitch and created some lovely chances, but a bit rusty up front. McCarthy has gone a worrying 16hours without a goal so we’re heavily relying on Thomas Reilly to produce the goods now. Hopefully we can pick ourselves up after this.

FA Cup 3rd​ Round:

Sunderland 0-1 Tranmere
View attachment 220722
A pretty solid performance. We created some nice chances , but again couldn’t take them. Cavus had a stormer of a game and is turning into one of the Country’s sought after youngsters. We can now look forward to a 4th​ Round tie against Everton. We defended fairly well today , keeping out any real Sunderland attack.

League Cup Semi-Final 1st​ leg

Manchester United 1-0 Tranmere
View attachment 220723
I’m totally and utterly delighted at the way we played today. We struck fear into the United players and this performance at least deserved a goal. Touted to be demolished here at Old Trafford , we sure stunned the footballing world. We can go home full of confidence and may fancy our chances at the Home tie!

nPower Championship:

Watford 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 220724
We continue our abysmal league run with a really frustrating fixture at Watford. We took the early lead 10minutes into the game but Watford pegged us back 10minutes later and from there we just crumbled. We seem to be missing a midfield maestro with Kenny McLean out injured. Good to see our newboy Gonzales scoring on his debut after his transfer from SPL outfit Dundee!

Tranmere 3-0 Peterborough
View attachment 220725
Back to winning ways in a phenomenal fashion. Totally dominated the away team and never looked like conceding We were very unlucky not too have had our lead doubled if not for some good goalkeeping and some luck from the woodwork. We needed this win a few days before the 2nd​ leg of the League Cup Semi-final!

League Cup Semi-Final 2nd​ Leg

Tranmere 2-0 Manchester United
View attachment 220726
GET IN! What a performance! Talk about annoying the opposition. We constantly held the ball in our own half playing possession football and trying to frustrate the united midfield and boy did it work! We got the lead and equalising goal through a long range effort from McCarthy which De Gea tried to kick but sliced it into his own net. From that point on I knew we were going to get the win. The fans got behind the team immediately and urged us on. Some brilliant defending in the second half made sure we would have the chance of winning in the extra time. Wayne Rooney showed his frustration by lashing out at Sercan Cavus and getting a red card. Pedro Fernandez became the hero not far from half time of extra time with a screamer of a goal from 35yards out. From there it was all down to some awesome defending. We now have Manchester City to come up against in the Final at Wembley!

January Transfer Window:
View attachment 220727
As you can see from the image , we only signed two players. One on loan from Tottenham to provide cover on the left wing and a exciting young prospect from Dundee who will go straight into the Centre of Midfield. As for outgoing I let Joe Bennett go , who was a good servant and Charlie Barnett wanted his contract terminated.

View attachment 220728
I would love to call it a brilliant month with the victories in the cup , but I’m far from happy with the league performances this month which have hurt our promotion big and we’ve fallen down the table a bit. Need to pick it up next month. That being said.. I’m delighted to be playing in Wembley in a few weeks time strutting our stuff against the Richest Club in England!

Player of the Month:
View attachment 220729
Yet another brilliant month from the Young turk who has been on fire since his transfer too us. Turning into one of the most sought after youngsters in Europe after I reject 7 bids in total , coming from Arsenal, Manchester, Munich , Madrid and a few clubs In Italy.

Congrats on League Cup final! Will that ensure you a place in the Europa League? Great read, keep up the good work. :D

Congrats on League Cup final! Will that ensure you a place in the Europa League? Great read, keep up the good work. :D

That was only the semi-final , i have to get past Man City in the final for Europa league :)

Another update coming soon!

That was only the semi-final , i have to get past Man City in the final for Europa league :)

Another update coming soon!

Ah my mistake! I hope you over-come city, keen for the next up-date :D

February Update:

FA Cup 4th​ Round:

Everton 3-2 Tranmere
View attachment 220843
We fought a brave battle but unfortunately it wasn’t enough. Quite an impressive performance against a tough team. We played well and created a lot of chances and played some nice football but Everton never looked like losing and looked a lot better in the final third. Disappointed that we’re out of the FA Cup , but hey you can’t get all the cups.

nPower Championship:

Brighton 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 220844
I’ve come to the conclusion that we cannot beat Brighton. It was a pretty good game to watch , both teams played well. We couldn’t take hold of our chances though , certainly missing McCarthy and his finesse in front of goal. He’s currently injured for up to 2 months. Brighton played well but in no way were the better team , disappointed to not have got a draw here.

Tranmere 4-4 Nottingham Forest
View attachment 220845
I’m beginning to think that the devil is out to get us. Played so much better than Nottingham forest , took our best chances but the luck Nottingham got in their 4 goals was astonishing. Really? I’m so frustrated right now. Need to really improve or we will suffer. I’m glad to see we’re getting a lot more from midfield , they are starting to produce some lovely goals.

Cardiff 2-4 Tranmere
View attachment 220846
Finally a win! A fantastic second half made sure we left the City with all 3 points. We played so much better here than recent performances and the stats to prove it. The amount of shots we had on goal was particularly pleasing , just wish we could hit the target more often. Hopefully we can build on this win and finish off the month on a high before the League Cup final!

Sunderland 2-0 Tranmere
View attachment 220847
I spoke to soon. Sunderland were out for revenge after they crashed out of the FA Cup at our hands. If I’m going to be honest , they did not deserve to win. We were the much better team but again , a lack of finesse up front hurt our chances at winning the game. 2 chances fell to Asamoah Gyan and the veteran made no mistake in slipping them past our No. 1

Tranmere 0-1 Middlesbrough
View attachment 220848
We aren’t getting the support at home that we were getting earlier in the season. We really need the fans to get behind us to get into a good run of form again. We really should be dominating Middlesbrough if you compare the two teams. We’ve played a lot of games in the last month or so and it may be beginning to affect our performances. With the league Cup coming up in two weeks , we really need to pick up the form.

Tranmere 2-1 Ipswich
View attachment 220849
We managed to steal the victory with the last kick of the game through reserves player Michael Hoganson, who you may remember from our relegation battling days in League 1. It was quite a even contest with Ipswich the more likely to win it in the end. I can’t stress how important Fraser McCarthys presence is. Without him we are losing a lot of strike force as you can see from recent stats.

View attachment 220852

A rather poor month which only seen us grab 7 points in the league and also, we crashed out of the FA Cup , which could infact be a positive thing because of all the games we are playing. We kickoff next month we the League Cup Final.

Player of the Month:
Oriol Fernandez
View attachment 220854

It was a tough choice to pick this months Player of the Month, nobody really stood out, but I had to pick Fernandez. With McCarthy’s absence up front he has provided some important goals which earned us a point or two over this month, so well done to him.

I have one more update to finish the season and then we are off to the world Cup with Canada!

League Cup Final:

Tranmere 1-0 Manchester City
View attachment 221161
What a fantastic performance from the Rovers! Quality rear guard protection that ensured a valuable clean sheet! From there it was just down to a last minute tap in for Oriol Fernandez to secure us the win and more importantly some Silverware! As a bonus goodie we will now feature in next years Europa League! Would never of dreamed of this achievement. My first taste of silverware and Tranmere’s first trophy in quite a long time. Delighted.

nPower Championship:

West Brom 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 221162
Not the best of performances here. The lads looked a little tired after the League Cup final and I wasn’t too hard on the lads in the dressing room at half time. I’m going to give them a little slack after beating the current Premier League leaders.

Tranmere 3-2 Southampton
View attachment 221163
A confident performance from the lads after a few days or rest. It was a really evened out and entertaining game. Southampton showed that they are no pushovers and created plenty of chances for themselves , but some good defending and equally brilliant attacking we managed to ease past them. Good win for us.

Brentford 2-3 Tranmere
View attachment 221164
A fantastic performance against a mediocre Brentford team. Our attacking football was simply brilliant. Slightly annoyed at the two goals we conceded , need to be a bit stronger in the back if we are to improve over time. Fraser McCarthy makes his return to the first team with another goal to his name. A lengthly injury has kept him out of action for a few weeks, but he came back looking sharp.

Tranmere 4-0 Derby
View attachment 221165
A solo performance from Fraser McCarthy just showed how important he is too this team. He destroyed the Derby defence with his darting runs , fantastic touches and some tremendous finishing. Really good to see him back and banging in the goals.

Bolton 5-1 Tranmere
View attachment 221166
After our last performance, I thought we would go on a really long run of good form but what I seen today was truly dreadful. I don’t know what went wrong , couldn’t really string two passes together. Bolton on the other hang created quite a number of chances and made sure of them. Our defenders are beginning to look fatigued so I’ll need revamp that area soon.

Tranmere 2-2 Sheffield United
View attachment 221167
A brilliant performance , just a pity we couldn’t take our chances. Fraser McCarthy has picked up another injury which will set him back for another week or so. Our passing game was phenomenal and we split the Blades defence open numerous times. Our defence was a bit poor overall, really letting us down.

Tranmere 1-1 Barnsley
View attachment 221168
A mixed performance , a good first half performance but we still failed to capitalize on our chances. Our second half performance was rather poor and frustrating. Barnsley second half performance was brilliant , dominating us and for at least 10minutes we couldn’t get a touch of the game. Fraser McCarthy recovered a lot quicker than I expected and I gave him a run out in the second half and notched us a goal to secure a point.

Swansea 1-5 Tranmere
View attachment 221169
Fraser McCarthy and youngster Maarten Kok combined to destroy Swansea City. 4 Goals for the youngster demonstrated his brilliance. Our passing was phenomenal and we never looked like missing our opportunities. Our defence stood strong , but unfortunately we couldn’t keep a clean sheet today either.

Millwall 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 221170
Not the best of performances but it was enough to get the win. Millwall will be extremely annoyed at this performance , they looked a lot better and dangerous and created so many chances and really should of defeated us. This game was a classic case of backs to the wall on our part. 3 valuable points to help our league position!

Tranmere 2-1 Hull City
View attachment 221171
A very pleasing, performance. Kept possession well and simply frustrated the Hull side and when they opened up we punished them with some attacking football that split their defence open on a number of occasions. We lacked a bit of composure up front again , somewhere where we really need to improve. We are starting to pick up our good form and hopefully can go on a good run.

Huddersfield 2-3 Tranmere
View attachment 221172
When I first looked at this fixture , Huddersfield struck me as a team we should be fearing after a very good season they are sitting second in the table and within 5 minutes they proved that I was right to fear them. 2-0 down inside 5 minutes and I thought we were in for a hammering. It didn’t take us long to get our first goal on the 7th​ minute and on the first kick of the first half McCarthy fancied his chance from 30 yards and scored a brilliant goal and from there it was down Thomas Reilly to add his second of the game and our winner, fantastic comeback. This win secured us a play-off spot!

Blackpool 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 221174
Maarten Kok showed his quality yet again! He single handily destroyed the Blackpool team! Some lovely football to end our Season on. We can look forward to a Playoff semi final against Ipswich and I’m confident of proceeding through that tie. Really happy with this run of form and at the perfect time!

nPower Championship Playoff Semi-Final:

Ipswich 0-1 Tranmere
View attachment 221175
I can’t stress how important a clean sheet was too our cause! We played really well for a large portion of the match which was promising, and Elmohamady scored a rare goal from long range which was fortunate to hit the bar and find it’s way past the goal line. Our defence did the rest of the job by holding up well and keeping out Ipswich’s chances.

Tranmere 2-0 Ipswich
View attachment 221176
Again I’m delighted to keep another clean sheet! Away goals could have been a disaster for us. It didn’t take us long to break the deadlock through Thomas Reilly. Oriol Fernandez then added to the scoreline 10 minutes into the second half to secure our position in the Final of the playoffs and a trip to Wembley Stadium!

nPower Championship Play-off Final:

Tranmere 1-0 Cardiff
View attachment 221177
An extremely entertaining game for the neutral fan! I was delighted at the way we approached this game. Possession wise Cardiff at the most of it , but couldn’t create as many attacks as we did. It was left to youngster Maarten Kok to tap in a cross which secured the win and the promotion to the Barclays Premier Leagu! Fantastic!

View attachment 221178View attachment 221179

A fantastic season where we were extremely competitive. My objective this year was to reach the play-offs and perform well overall and maybe reach the quarter Final in the League cup and the 4th​ round in the FA cup. I never expected us to do this well though. A league cup to add to our trophy cabinet a place in the Barclays Premier League and Europa League next year! I didn’t quite get Manager of the Year but I got runner up!

Player of the Season:
Oriol Fernandez
View attachment 221180
This was an extremely difficult decision to make, but it had to be between Fernandez and McCarthy. Due to his injury stricken season , Fernandez had a bigger task ahead of him making up for McCarthy’s absence. He had a fantastic season and I would love to get him on a permanent basis, but after his performances this season I don’t think Tottenham will be so keen to let him go cheaply!

Can i see Shytau ,Reilly and Gonzales profiles.

Last edited: