Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

ATTENTION GUYS!

I'VE BEEN OFFERED THE ATLETICO MADRID JOB.

Should i accept it or not?

I would have accepted the Madrid job, but your rep seems to be growing so im sure you will have plenty of more offers over the coming season.

Anyway regarding you asking for my advice. Just have a few tips for you.

• Change the font type to Tahoma or Trebuchet MS
  • Maybe cut down slightly on screenshots. I watch 50 posts per page and takes a minute for all to appear. Maybe just post screenshots of the more important games. I would suggest you look at ajt's story but it has been deleted. Just breeze through the smaller games in less detail and go into more detail for the big games of the season.
  • When taking screenshots of the fixtures do it in split screen showing overview and match stats. It gives much better detail.
  • Maybe try make some paragraphs a little longer.
  • And also would be nice to hilight news not concerning your team(World player of the year, teams doing well in their league etc.)
Anyway take this with a pinch of salt as I just see this from my personal opinion on how it could be better. But alas you have a good following and have shown commitment with crash dumps and being sacked not stopping you. Keep up the good work :)

I would have accepted the Madrid job, but your rep seems to be growing so im sure you will have plenty of more offers over the coming season.

Anyway regarding you asking for my advice. Just have a few tips for you.

• Change the font type to Tahoma or Trebuchet MS
  • Maybe cut down slightly on screenshots. I watch 50 posts per page and takes a minute for all to appear. Maybe just post screenshots of the more important games. I would suggest you look at ajt's story but it has been deleted. Just breeze through the smaller games in less detail and go into more detail for the big games of the season.
  • When taking screenshots of the fixtures do it in split screen showing overview and match stats. It gives much better detail.
  • Maybe try make some paragraphs a little longer.
  • And also would be nice to hilight news not concerning your team(World player of the year, teams doing well in their league etc.)
Anyway take this with a pinch of salt as I just see this from my personal opinion on how it could be better. But alas you have a good following and have shown commitment with crash dumps and being sacked not stopping you. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks man i'll take this onboard and work on it.

when real madrid offer go but no one else unless its like bayer muchin

No way, i consider them enemies and hope to drive them into the ground anytime we meet them :p
i was just wondering if any of your old team were still there, or what about liverpool with your dm that got sold to them

i was just wondering if any of your old team were still there, or what about liverpool with your dm that got sold to them

They pretty sold most of my team from a few years back except Dembele and Benitez and Ter Stegen. If any decent job offer comes up i will consider it. Athetico didnt really appeal to me that much :)

World Cup Group C:

Guinea 2-3 Canada
View attachment 221385
A brilliant start the the World Cup campaign! I didn’t expect a match like this , really entertaining. Junior Hoilett was performing really well scoring one goal and assisting the two others. I hope we can keep this up against the tougher opposition in the group. Our passing game was phenomenal and we created many good chances. Our defence was a bit dodgey though, need to work on our communication , many of the players are playing in different leagues across the world. Up next we have Slovakia , should be a tough contest.

Slovakia 2-2 Canada
View attachment 221386
Not as good as our performance against Guinea but Slovakia proved to be quite a difficult team to break down. They took the lead after 17minutes into the game. Quite a fortunate goal to say the least, bounced off both posts and founds its way behind the line. Slovakia held their lead until 6minutes into the second half through a really good passing move which was finished by James Stewart who took a crack from 20yards out and beat the Slovak number 1. 5 minutes from time we took the lead through Alexander Brown and we looked like we could hold onto the lead but the last kick of the game Miles Gauss got in the way of James Stewarts clearance and the ball beat our Goalkeeper to level things up. Quite an unlucky result, should of gone our way.

France 2-0 Canada
View attachment 221387
I never really fancied our chances against this very young , very talent French squad. I just wanted to keep the scoreline at a respectable level and we managed to do that and even created a few of our own chances but couldn’t take advantage of them. We struggled a bit in Midfield and thats where France made it count , Yann M’Villa beat 3 of our midfielders to have a crack from 30yards to take the lead. France then doubled the lead through Pruvost on the stroke of half time and from then on they just ran the clock down. We couldn’t really create any chances in the second half and France held out well. Unfortunately Slovakia won against Guinea and drew with France earlier in the week and secured the second spot of the group which means we go home early. Nonetheless i’m delighted to have gotten this far and i’m sure so will the fans.

View attachment 221388

I’m pretty pleased with the way we performed in this Group , it wasn’t an easy group and we did well to get 4 point from the possible 9. Our first world cup and we performed quite competitively. Junior Hoilett took his chance under the spotlight with some lovely performances. Ben Gee also played quite well and put Canada on the footballing map and we will be a force too be reckoned with from now on.

Sky Sports Breaking News:
sky-sports-news.jpg

“...and now we go straight to Canada where our chief reporter Bryan Swanson has some breaking news...”
The Football Association of Canada has today confirmed reports that Seán Collum has resigned as the Canadian National Team manager. Canada recently competed in their first ever World Cup and have witnessed a massive fluctuation in their World Ranking. The Canadian FA have heaped praise of Mr. Collum for his fantastic work with the National team and have wished him the very best of luck in his future. Mr. Collum later released this statement “ I would like to thank the FA for giving me the opportunity to manage the National after having no international experience. I enjoyed my time here and would like to think we had a very good campaign during the World Cup this summer. I feel like i can no longer deal with the long distance travelling between Canada and England. I would like to apologise to the fans for this. I also don’t think i can do much more for the national team and think it’s team for someone new to step up to the plate to lead the Country to honour. Thank you all for your support, Canada will always have a place in my heart.”
The Canadian FA are now looking for applicants for the vacant position but it will no doubt be an extremely difficult task to fill Seán’s shoes. – Bryan Swanson , Sky Sports news.

20th July, 2018.
“ Woah... been a while since i seen you ” I thought to myself as i was cleaning out my basement and suddenly stumbled across my old diary. I’ve spent what little of a summer break i’ve had cleaning up the whole house , i’m having the family over for dinner soon. Half an hour later and i still find myself reading through my old diary that i’ve had since the start of my career. Might need to start writing in it again. I’ve missed my writings , somethings been missing in my busy schedule over the last year but i could never put my finger on it. Guess i was too busy too find time to find my old Diary. So why not starting to write in it again...

“It’s been a year and a half since i last wrote in here , and what a year and a half it’s been. We’ve been too Wembley twice this year , won twice first in the League cup against City and again against Cardiff in the Play off final, but that’s enough about football. My life has taken a massive turn since leaving Fulham and joining Tranmere. A slight transition , got myself a new apartment half the size of the one i had. I’ve always heard bad things about the about the area around Prenton Park with Merseyside not far away i was expecting at least half a dozen robberies but this place is rather quiet beginning to love the place. I’m also in love... met this girl just over a year ago down by the local club on a night out with the lads after celebrating promotion to the Championship. We’ve been going out ever since , lovely girl going on holiday with over the Winter if the Chairman allows it. He’s been on my case alot lately about not being around the club for Pre=season , not my fault i’ve made Canada a force in International football. I forgot how easy it is too write down everything on a piece of paper , it really passes the time and lets me get everything off my chest. Definitely need to make it a more regular thing, but that’s enough for now , later.“

18th of July 2016,
****, what a tough summer. I really needed to get some quality in during the transfer window and really relied on the Chairmans backing with some big funds , but it seems he hasn’t got the money even after we got a nice cheque for promotion and TV rights. Only 6million to spend on transfers. I really struggled to find great players for small fees , i didn’t fancy buying any old players. I ended up paying millions of pounds on any of the players that i needed to buy. In the outgoing department of the club it was also difficult , i couldn’t offload any of the deadwood because of their wage demands and the chairman wouldn’t let me terminate their contracts. So i have about 60k worth of wages rotting in the reserves who won’t accept paycuts in order to play football at a lower league. We didn’t play many friendlies because of my absence at the World Cup but the squad is looking fresh and the players that i have signed are looking confident in their abilities to perform at this level of football. I’ve also changed my tactic to a bit more defensive and counter attacking , i don’t think the extreme attacking football we played last year will work as well in the Premier League, totally different opposition. We kick off our Season over at the Etihad Stadium against Man City , who will no doubt be after some vengeance after we beat them in Wembley a few months back. I’m really looking forward to this season , i really want to keep Tranmere up , but i know it won’t be easy. After my resignation from Canada , a number of National FA’s came looking for my signature , Australia and Congo and Ivory Coast mainly , but i’m not looking into getting a International Managers spot this year , i’m totally focused on the club. The media have already made us favourites to get relegated this season , time to prove them wrong. We need to stay up, for my sake.

Last edited: