Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

Mohammed Al-Fayed left last season. Update on the way.

Statement from Lee Grant, Fulham FC Chairman:
"Unfortunetly , the board of directors and myself have decided that the time has come for us to install a new manager at the helm. It was my intention from the moment i took hold of this club to install a manger of my own preference, but after some persuasion from the fans i thought i should at least give Mr. Collum an attempt to win me over. Alas, after a poor start to this season i decided to take the future of the club into my own hands. We will be announcing the appointment of our new Manager publicly within the week. Thank you. "

**********************************************​
24th November, 2013
"Still can't believe that ******. What the **** is he playing at, did he really expect us to be in the frame of the title challenge? Pfft. I had nine games in charge this season, five of the nine were against the title challengers and i managed to get 6 points from that , i mean what the ****? I think he was just looking for an excuse to get me out of there , he didn't like me from the begining , if it wasn't for Mohammed-Al Fayeds attempts to persuade him to allow me too stay i wouldn't have been given the chance. I'll show that Lee Grant though , i'll be back, this isn't the end"

20th December, 2013
" This job hunting business is alot harder than i thought. Seemed alot easier when i was trying for Fulham.. Look's like Grant's shaming of me has ruined my reputation a good bit. Applied for Stoke , West Ham and Aston Villa. No luck , even applied for Portugese outfit Braga and Itallian Serie A team Reggia and Navaro. No luck. My Iriish roots have come calling though , Dundalk have got in contact with my agent about the possibility of my appointment. I'm not so sure about going there though, they've just lost their professional status and i don't fancy doing a Semi-pro job. I might have to start low and work my up again , a few League 1 clubs have vacancies. I haven't sent out any applications yet. Holding out for another while. "

30th December, 2013
" I've had offers from Crewe and Luton in league two , i was nearly going to accept the Luton job but the Tranmere came into contact with my agent before i met with the Luton board. They're struggling at the bottom of League one. I like the look of the team, i can build on it. I still need to meet their board to see what they have to say, but i'm hoping it can go through, besides, i'm not exactly going anywhere better now am i?"

COLLUM ANNOUNCED NEW TRANMERE ROVERS MANAGER
Tranmere Rovers Chairman Norman Wilson has this morning announced the appointment of former Fulham favourite , Sean Collum as manager of Tranmere Rovers. It was unclear whether Collum, would be willing to go as far as to join a League 1 team , but reports from Prenton Park have revealed he is willing to give it his all. Mr Collum was a fan favourite at Fulham and since his departure the Cottagers have taken every oppurtunity to show their disgust at the chairmans decision to sack him. That has taken it's toll on the teams performance and after 20 league games Fulham find themselves lying in 15th position , lower than when Collum had them.

ROVERS BOSS ANNOUNCES EXPECTATIONS
" In response to the latest media speculation of our chances of climbing up the table at a rapid rate with my guidance , i would like to state that my main aim for this year is to survive relegation. We are currently sitting near the bottom of the table and we need to improve on our current game plan and secure our position in the NPower League One for the next season, Thank you "

Team Overview
View attachment 212625
A terrible squad , i have no first team goalkeeper and have no money, this is going to be a struggle . I need to get the wage budget down if i'm to get in some of my own players. I've sent my scouts out for any free transfer out there. I've got my eye on a few targets , but whether they're willing to join my cause our not i'm not sure. In terms of Backroom staff, i may aswell be on my own. Currently only have a scout employed here , need some help and fast. Sent out adverts everywhere hoping to get decent applicants soon.

My first act as manager was to arrange a quick friendly against the reserves to see what type of shape we're in. I know we've got a league game in 4 days time, but this is only a run out to see what i'm working with.

Tranmere 2-1 Tranmere Reserves
View attachment 212626
Learned a wee bit about the team in this friendly match. We can keep the ball well , we play posession football. Even though it was the reserves the team look determined. Confidence is on the up. I even spotted a player or two from the reserves who can contribute to the first team.

Tranmere 0-4 Carlisle (League)
View attachment 212627
Not off to the greatest of starts against Carlisle , very very poor performance , serious work needs to be done. Need to get some staff in ASAP , certainly can't do it on my own. Carlisle just ripped us to shreds and we couldn't get a foothold in the game at all.​

usually i don't like story's that start in prem but this is good following o and don't go back to fulham they are *****

What exactly is wrong with my English?
Okay , so this is turning into a Journeyman story i guess, we'll see what happens i guess. Updates coming soon.

What exactly is wrong with my English?
Okay , so this is turning into a Journeyman story i guess, we'll see what happens i guess. Updates coming soon.
Absolutely nothing. Think this guy is trying to take the **** and failing badly.

Accrington 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 212690
I dont know what to make of this match , we had most of the posession and failed to create any real chance until the end when Buxton got us a concilation goal. A red card which means we lose yet another player in our tiny squad. Need something good to happen to improve morale and get a few results to get us out of the bottom 4.

Charlton 5-0 Tranmere.
View attachment 212691
Truely and utterly demolished by charlton here , we had very very little impact on the tempo of the game and just handed it to Charlton on a golden plate , didn't create enough chances and the defence was just ****. I now know how difficult of a challenge this really is going to be, relegation is going to be difficult to avoid.

Tranmere 1-4 Scunthorpe.
View attachment 212692
A great performance i must say , but the scoreline doesn't suggest that , we dominated them and our strike force really should of blown them a new hole. Unfortunetly, our defence was diabolical again and couldn't do anything to stop Scunthorpe from scoring 4. Need some results and soon!

Tranmere 0-1 Rochdale
View attachment 212693
A game we should be really winning but we were totally blown away by the might of Rochdale. They dominated posession , had far too many chances and it didn't take them long to break the deadlock and really should of had more.

Crystal Palace 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 212694
I was expecting to get thrashed here by the League 1 leaders but we put in a brave fight. We didn't really get a foothold in the game but we defended well for a change. Palace took the lead fairly quick but after their second goal they're tempo slowed down and we began to come into it and during the last 10 minutes i thought we could ****** the draw, but no so luck.

Tranmere 3-1 Swindon
View attachment 212695
Wait... we won? My god , what a great result! A hattrick from the former U-19's captain Michael Hoganson helped us to a massive victory over relegation rivals Swindon. It was a fairly evened out game , we both had our chances but lucky for us , they couldn't take theirs.

Doncaster 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 212696
Get in! A lovely 3 points here. It didn't look so good 15minutes in after Doncaster scored, but a goal just before have time sent the lads in buzzing and hungry for the winning goal. A little confidence team talk set them up on a hugh and our valiant efforts paid off when Lewise Buxton scored a nicely placed shot on the 59th minute.

Derby 3-0 Tranmere
View attachment 212697
No surprise here , Derby showed us how to play football in this fixture. With 38% of the posession , we didn't really get the chance to do much , with 3 efforts and none on target. Derby, however created many chances and we were fortunate not to have a cricket scoreline in this match.

Tranmere 2-1 Leyton Orient
View attachment 212698
What a way to bounce back! It was a fairly evened out game , Leyton Orient had the majority of the chances but with goalkeeper Neil Etheridge on form , they couldn't find a way past. Two second half goals got the fans roaring and cheered the team on to ensure another 3 points.​

Absolutely nothing. Think this guy is trying to take the **** and failing badly.

Haha , failed badly with all my followers jumping on his back. Thanks guys :)

I'll try have another update uploaded tonight , my dad turns the internet off whenever he goes to bed so it can be inconvenient. I'll have it written out by tonight and uploaded in the morning.

Keep plugging away with Tranmere and the results will come. :)

Tranmere 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday
View attachment 212761
Another match that i expected to get a **** kicking from , but it wasn't to be. We managed to keep it at a respectable scoreline through some heroic defending. We couldn't get much of the ball and when we did , we lost possession immediatly. Hopefully it doesnt effect our recent form too much.

Bournemouth 3-0 Tranmere
View attachment 212762
Promotion candidates Bournemouth proved to be a very difficult challenge we managed to create ourselves a few chances but their keeper managed to pull off 4 magnificent saves. Our defence wasn't in the game at all and provided very little cover for on-form keeper Etheridge who couldn't do much about their 3 goals.

Tranmere 6-1 Hereford
View attachment 212763
What a performance! Quite admirable, some delightful football and 6 cracking goals which started from the back and turned into magnificent team goals. Cannot fault the team for todays performance , certainly didn't see this scoreline coming! A Hattrick for 17 year old Danny Harper earned him the MOTM accolade and the headlines in the papers!

Rotherham 0-3 Tranmere
View attachment 212764
Another great performance. We challenged their keeper so many times. The Rotherham defence struggled to hold us back and gave away two penalties which Danny Ventre converted and Charlier Bennet added one on the stroke of Half time. Hopefully this run of form can carry on!

Tranmere 0-0 Port Vale
View attachment 212765
A fair result to say the least. Neither team really deserved to win and both myself and Port Vale manager will be happy to leave the ground with a point. Didn't really take our chances and failed to challenge the keeper enough. One attempt on target which was a miss-hit cross which hit the crossbar.

Tranmere 1-2 Stevenage
View attachment 212766
A very dissapointing result in a game which we dominated from the kick-off. We simply could not take advantage of our chances at goal and we were punished by an average Stevenage team which we should be beating.

Colchester 6-1 Tranmere
View attachment 212767
I don't even know what to say. A completely and utterly embarassing performance from the defence. to concede 5 goals within 25minutes. We had most of the possession, but possession doesn't win games. Teamwork does and that certainly isn't what the defenders were doing.

Gillingham 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 212768
Extremely frustrated at this result. We took an early lead and failed to build on it and Gillingham kept knocking on the door and it wasn't long after the second half when they scored the winner. We really need at least a draw here to remain in the battle for survival.​

Tranmere 1-2 Exeter City
View attachment 212810
A poor performance adds to a dissappointing defeat. We were very poor in this fixture. Struggled to get a foothold in the game. Exeter were quite dominant and very clinical in our half and the left Prenton Park chests out with 3 points in their hands.

MK Dons 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 212811
Another frustrating defeat , we took the lead early on and just threw it away, Survival is looking very unlikely now. Relying on Hartlepool and Carlisle to lose their last two fames and then we have to beat Hartlepool and Chesterfield.

Tranmere 1-0 Hartlepool
View attachment 212812
Just what we needed! I don't know how we survived. At one stage the Poolers had the ball for at least 10minutes straight. They created many chances and were flagged offside twice when they had scored.and we got a late winner. I'm not joking lads , i ran around the room jumping with delight. Gives us a glimmer of hope.

Tranmere 10-0 Chesterfield
View attachment 212813
Okay....what the ****? This has to be a glitch of some sort , before this we could barely score and then we go in here and beat chesterfield 10-0? Beats me , but i'm not complaining. Hartlepool and Carlisle lost their last two games. So Tranmere and Gillingham stay up! I'm happy to meet my own personal aim. Still quite stunned at this result. Two hattricks from two different players who both were on goal droughts. This is gonna look bad on me, but i assure you , i did no tampering. One thing i can think of , The Chesterfield manager was sacked and they had no assistant so their youth coach took over. Possible explanation? Anyways. Delighted.

League Table
View attachment 212814

Team Overview
View attachment 212815
As you can see , i was forced to promote a few youth players to cover the first team, i'm very happy at the way the stepped up to the plate

Now who fancies taking a look at how Fulham finished in the Premier League after my sacking?
View attachment 212816

Oh and another thing i forgot to mention.. I got offered the Rep. Of Ireland U21's job and accepted. I didn't mention it because i was focused on the battle for survival. I have a few Friendlies up next and maybe a competitive game or two. I'm not sure.​

Haha well done to stay up. Pressure was on and you win 10-0 thats one **** of a way to stay up.

Haha well done to stay up. Pressure was on and you win 10-0 thats one **** of a way to stay up.

Yeah , tell me about it man , still can't seem to believe it. I still have a big challenge ahead of me. I'll try to get another update up tonight.

Yeah , tell me about it man , still can't seem to believe it. I still have a big challenge ahead of me. I'll try to get another update up tonight.

I have one of them results in my Genk save. Just shocked me when it happened.

That 10-0 win was a miracle seeing chesterfiled's position at the league. Looks like Fulham made a wrong move by firing you. ;)