Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

November Update :
Johnstones Paint Trophy:
Tranmere 1-3 Chesterfield

View attachment 213878
Chesterfield surprised us big time in this fixture. Even though i had my second string team out i expected a victory or at least a draw. Chesterfield started the match guns blazing and it didn’t take long for them to break us down. We snapped into gear then , for at least a while , through Fraser McCarthy’s tap in. The deadlock was then broken 3 minutes later and we never looked like getting back into the game.

International Friendly:
Canda 1-1 Finland

View attachment 213879
A classy performance against Finland here and we were unlucky not to win. Junior Hoilett showed his skill and upclassed the Finland team bossing in midfield and scoring a great goal. A lapse in concentration allowed Finland to score a late equaliser.

FA Cup 1st Round:
Rochdale 2-1 Tranmere

View attachment 213880
A terrible performance , we deserve to get a lashing here against a mediocre Rochdale team. We didn’t get into the game at all , true we scored first but after that the team got complacent , started making dodgey passes and showboating where they shouldn’t have been and this cost us the match.

International Friendly:
Canada 0-0 Slovakia

View attachment 213879
Another great performance against a strong European team. We showed good composure on the ball and passed the ball around Slovakia, we created plenty of chances, however we could not find a way around the Slovakian goalkeeper who saved them on 9 occasions.

Tranmere 1-2 Wycombe
View attachment 213881
Confidence is on a low after the past few results and we felt it against league stragglers Wycombe. In truth we were afraid to get on the ball , fear of making a mistake. I need to get te confidence up again , a team meeting is in order before we go into free fall.

Tranmere 2-2 Yeovil
View attachment 213882
An extremely frustrating result as allowed Yeovil too score two late goals to equalize and come away from Prenton Park with a point. Not good enough, players were again to complacent in the last 20 minutes and we deserved nothing from the match. We need to start concentrating more to kill of the game.

View attachment 213883
A poor month were we crashed out of 2 competitions and failed to win in the league dropping quite a few points. On the national level , it was a decent month , 2 draws against two decent teams , can’t complain. Good news is , our fixture against Sheff Wednesday who are leading the table was post-poned due to internationalsso we get to play them later on when we’re back on form.

North American World Cup qualifiers:
View attachment 213884
We’ve been handed a comfortable enough group , Jamaica bein the only team that springs to mind who may cause a problem our two but i’m confident we can top this group.

Haha mate, Canadian manager since I last checked in? AWESOME!

Guessing you make Hoilett the focal point?

And great position for Tranmere regarding where you have been before with them mate!

Yeah I thought it was pretty coo how canada wanted me . Yeah hoilett has been at the center of my plans for canada. Atahanks! I have another update ready but my internet is off , I'm posting this off my BB lol

just read through all of this mate brilliant story hope and i look forward to seeing how that wonderkid loyd does for you in the future
keep up the good work mate

WC group looks good but you should be wary of Curacao. They sprung up a rude surprise when I was managing Costa Rica. Jamaica will be dangerous too. So just keep an eye out. Nice going though! :) Bad luck on the FA Cup but still, the story is good!

WC group looks good but you should be wary of Curacao. They sprung up a rude surprise when I was managing Costa Rica. Jamaica will be dangerous too. So just keep an eye out. Nice going though! :) Bad luck on the FA Cup but still, the story is good!

Thanks for the advice i'll be sure to keep an eye in them and take them seriosly.

just read through all of this mate brilliant story hope and i look forward to seeing how that wonderkid loyd does for you in the future
keep up the good work mate

Thanks! But unfortunately i have bad news regarding Lloyd :/

December Update:

Swindon 1-0 Tranmere
View attachment 213941
Not the start i wanted to this month. It was a difficult fixture and Swindon proved to be a fearsome foe who i underestimated. We created a few chances , and held possession well but failed to challenge the keeper andin doing so failed to find the net

Tramere 1-0 Crystal Palace
View attachment 213945
A nice way to bounce back. An unconvincing victory but a victory all the same. We dominated the possession but failed to create any real chance with it. Crystal palace on the other hand created a few chances but failed to test keeper Obi Bright.

Bournemouth 1-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213944
Another frustrating result , we really should of had the win in the bag with the amount of chances we created but the forwards lacked a bit of composure. We took an early lead through Fraser McCarthy and created a load of chances after that but we couldn’t build on it and suffered through a Bournemouth equaliser.

Tranmere 2-0 Brighton
View attachment 213942
A great victory against current league leaders Brighton, a vital 3 points for us which can take us back up to 3rd if results go our way later this evening. Ali Messaoud repaid the faith i had in by scoring the second goal which put the game to bed. His second half performance was vital in our win and he picked up the MOTM award.

Chesterfield 0-3 Tranmere
View attachment 213943
A very impressive show from the lads. Chesterfield had the majority of possession, but most of it was in their own half , our midfield flooded them making it hard for them too get through our defences. Whereas we were quick enough to exploit the gaps in the Chesterfield midfield.
Lloyd Hughes continues his good form for Tranmere with a lovely goal from 25 yards out. Tibor Tisza didn’t dissappoint after being handed his first start since the early fixtures of the season.
Nicky Adams performance was very pleasing and he deserved his MOTM award.

View attachment 213946
Another good month , despite the draw at bournemouth and loss at Swindon i am very happy. We’re sitting comfortably in the playoff spots and pushing towards the top 2. A good first half to the season as we draw nearer to the transfer window where i may dig into my pockets , depending on the funds given by the board.

*******************************************​
I've got another update written up , for January with some transfer news, some good and some bad. So watch this space.

Last edited:
January Update:
I’m going to leave the transfer update until the end of this update , so you might see a few unknown/different goalscorers.

Tranmere 1-2 MK Dons.
View attachment 213950
We simply weren’t good enough here. Some might say we were unlucky , but our lack of composure has come back to haunt us again as we needlessly threw away our chances at goal. Fraser McCarthy was particularly dissappointing, his recent performances haven’t been up to scratch. Liam Noble played well and earned the man of the match award for his efforts, despite being on the losing end.

Tranmere 3-0 Colchester
View attachment 213956
A fantastic victory in a good fashion. Debutant Bernard Mensah played very well, the striker on loan from Norwich scored a real solo effort and slipped a through ball into Mark Reynolds for the final goal , which earned him the Match ball!

Tranmere Board announce plans to upgrade Training Facilities:
Tranmere chairman Matteo Sereni has spent alot of money upgrading the youth facilities at Tranmere since he’s taken over and he has today announced plans to upgrade the current training facilities in order to compete with their rivals. The estimated cost for the upgrade is around £925,000. The construction will begin at the end of the season and the board hope to have it completed before the start of next seasons preparations.

Rochdale 2-6 Tranmere
View attachment 213952
An epic performance here from the away side. Looked extremely dangerous with the ball at our feet. We struck fear into the Rochdale side which really effected our performance. It was a great team effort. Players from every area of the pitch were contributing to the attacks and that’s seen through our goalscorers. Lloyd Hughes’ two goals and 2 assist earned him the Man of the Match award.

Tranmere 1-4 Oxford
View attachment 213951
Look’s like we found ourselves another bogey team. We’ve struggled anytime we’ve played Oxford and today was no different. We were really bad actually, Couldn’t finish any of the scrappy chances we created and failed to really get into the game and cause some problems for them.

Transfer Round-Up:
Tranmere
Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

I signed a number of players to add to the depth of the team , some to go straight into the squad and some to act as back up and a few loanees to help out. I signed Bernard Mensah on loan until the end of the Season , this is his second term with Tranmere and i’m hoping he can help us up front. I also signed Jiloan Hamad on a season long loan also from Norwich. Along with the two Loans i signed Former Arsenal winger Sanchez Watt on a free transfer , he’ll add some flair to the squad. Last but not least i signed Blackburn defender Ihar Shytau for £1.6million pounds. The board gave me 600k for transfer budget so i paid that upfront and the rest in monthly installments. He’ll be going straight into the team. The Jackass of a chariman accepted a 3.2million pound offer from Stoke for youngster Lloyd Hughes and this time he couldn’t refuse. So heartbroken , he was one of my best players this year. Now i need to find a decent replacement on deadline day.. So then i started looking ASAP and found a quality Defensive midfielder on the transfer list at Sampdoria and they asked for around 180k for him so i offered that up front from the money i made from Hughes and they accepted straight away and he wanted 10k on wages which was a big of an off putter for me but i caved into his demands in the end up. So here are the stats Lloyd Hughes had when he left for stoke and the Stats my new guys has ,
View attachment 213954

With the rest of the money i was given from the Hughes transfer i sent it straight into my wage budget! Which currently stands at around 80k , not bad for a League one team fighting for promotion!

Canada
ts.png

As for Canada , we managed to get valuabled national experience in at the backroom staff. I signed former Arsenal Legend Thierry Henry as the U23’s Manager, his experience will help the team in the upcoming Olympics and i signed his former France and Arsenal associate , Sylvain Wiltord as Assistant Manager. I’m happy to get these guys in who will be great when it comes to adding experience and competetiveness to the backroom.

View attachment 213953

A poor enough month with 2 wins and loses, we'll see how the new signings gel in the next month and see if they can help us get that all important top 2 spot.

Sad news on Hughes mate! But at least you can be proud of having brought up a possible England international from your club! :)
And Henry as U-23 manager is a masterpiece! :)

Nice, 4 points away from winning the League. You do not want to go into the playoffs and run the chance of losing the promotion. A good choice for the Manager signing in Canada's National youth squad.

Nice, 4 points away from winning the League. You do not want to go into the playoffs and run the chance of losing the promotion. A good choice for the Manager signing in Canada's National youth squad.

Yeah i want a top 2 finish 'cause alot can happen in the playoffs especially if i get a decent team on form. Thanks!

February Update :
Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

Leyton Orient 1-1 Tranmere
View attachment 214012
A decent start to the month. A little annoyed at giving away a late penalty, but Leyton Orient deserved the draw they played well so a draw was the best result. Fraser McCarthy’s goal earned him the MOTM award and adds to his great season.

Tranmere 1-0 Gillingham
View attachment 214013
A fantastic performance. A good result but i’m not impressed with the lack of goals. We weren’t great in front of goal. The only goal came from the player i brought in too replace young sensation Lloyd Hughes who departed for Stoke. Louis Laing’s performance in the backline earned him the MOTM award.

Exeter 1-1 Tranmere
View attachment 214014
Another frustrating performance where we couldn’t hit the back of the net as much as i would of liked. Fraser McCarthy’s inconsistency has come up again as he fluffed 3 or 4 attempts at goal. Hopefully we can pick up a bit of form and charge at the league leaders.

Tramere 2-2 Doncaster
View attachment 214015
Another annoying fixture where we were held to a stubborn Doncaster side. Our failure too take our chances is really having an impact on our league position and we need to make sure of our chances. A change in striker might be needed

Tranmere 1-0 Charlton
View attachment 214016
An all but impressive match here. We had to rely on a penalty to take the win even though we had so many oppurtunities to put the match to bed an we’re lucky Charlton didn’t sneak an equalising goal late on.

View attachment 214017
We’ve dropped another 3 points behind the league leaders. That means if we won the matches we drew we wouldbe leading the pack. We need to go on a good strong run in the next month to put pressure on the Top 2.

International Friendly:
ts.png

Czech Republic 0-1 Canada
View attachment 214020
A fantastic solid display from the Canadians here. We were very good at going forward and equally good at the back stopping any Czech Republic attack.​

March Update:
Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

Millwall 1-1 Tranmere

View attachment 214029
A good performance , but we still lacked a bit of clinicality in their box. Really frustrating to watch over and over. It was a good performance and we also defended well so ican’t really fault anyone , but the strikers.

Northampton 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 214030
A very fortunate victory. Northampton dominated the game , but failed to take their chances. We were a little bit more clinical in this match and finished off two attacks to secure the win and valuable 3 points.

Tramere 3-1 Southend
View attachment 214031
A quality performance from the boys here. A fantastic solo effort from Sanchez Watt as he scored one , assisted McCarthy’s goal and was in for a goal when he was fouled and we were awarded a penalty , struck by Danny Ventre

Scunthorpe 2-2 Tranmere
View attachment 214030
A good performance from the lads, although the defenders didn’t have the best of performances after conceding 2 goals that we should have dealt with 9 times out of 10.

Tranmere 1-1 Rotherham
View attachment 214032

Can’t blame the team here. The Rotherham keeper , somehow managed to stop anything that came his way. Really frustrated at that , i mean i’ve never seen a keeper perform that well and stop so many shots that most keepers wouldn’t get too.

Tranmere 3-0 Coventry
View attachment 214031

Finally a convincing victory , haven’t had one in a while. Coventry had the majority of the possession but didn’t take advantage of the statistic. 2 early goals very early on were a big boost to the players and they started to get more confident on the ball , also defending well. Sanchez Watt adds to his goal tally for this season and picks up another Match award.

View attachment 214033

Another solid month , we’re now on a 11 match unbeaten run. We climb above Sheffield Wednesday and with a game in hand we can climb above Coventry if we take advantage of the extra game and put some pressure on League Leaders Brighton​

looking like a great season mate, try to push into the automatic promotion places because you'd hate to have to decide your whole season on 3 games. Unlucky with Lloyd Hughes looked a class player but with your youth department bringing through players like that your going to get a few gems, fingers crossed.
Good luck pal, will be checking in to see progress.

May Update:
Wycombe 1-1 Tranmere

View attachment 214077
A very entertaining match for both sets of fans. Both teams played some lovely football and created some fantastic chances. Both goalkeepers desrve special praise. If not for them it would of been a high scoring match, this match could of gone either way so a draw is the justified result.

Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 214078
A fantastic win over our promotion rivals here. Fraser McCarthy showed his class with two lovely goals , no doubt he’ll be attracting attention from bigger clubs this summer. I’m very happy with the way we played , splitting Sheffield open with alot of attacks , just lacked a bit of quality up front.

Yeovil 1-1 Tranmere
View attachment 214079

Another extremely frustrating result. Leading all the way up until the last kick of the game , really gutted that they managed to score. We needed the 3 points to hold up the pressure and hopefully it doesn’t harm our promotion chances.

Tranmere 0-0 Swindow
View attachment 214080

Yet another frustrating goalless draw. Strikers aren’t pulling the weight and i need to get them a boot up the **** to see if they can pick up performances otherwise they’ll be getting a shock to the system.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Tranmere
View attachment 214081
The last few draws have really hampered our chance of getting a top two finish and unless the leaders drop points we’ll be playing in the playoffs. Another poor performance from the team. Crystal Palace performed well and frustrated us and kept the ball well. Lucky to come away with a point.

Tranmere 3-2 AFC Bournemouth
View attachment 214082
Finally get a win under our belts. A good solid 3 points to guarantee a play-off spot , now we can concentrate and pushing up for the Top 2 as the draws have really hurt us and we’re now sitting 5th in the table.

Brighton 3-2 Tranmere
View attachment 214083
The one game we play well and deserve a win and we lose. We dominated this game and forced our way through the Brighton defence quite alot but couldn’t finish. Brightons win in this fixture means that they are crowned League 1 Chamopions for this year.

View attachment 214085

A very poor result. As you can see , the table was very tight and even if we got one or two wins we could of been in the automatic places but we have to settle for a playoff spot. Hopefully we can get our troops rallying and win this promotion for the fans!​

Oh man that sucks. You had a great run the past few months, but too many draws wasn't good. That must of been a **** off. Im glad my Canadians won the friendly match.

aww man that sucks i hate when the board does that but at least u managed to get a replacement good luck in the playoffs ill be rooting for you :)

Ouch, still you've done a great job getting Tranmere anywhere near the playoffs to be honest so I'm sure you can win them and get promotion.

By the way where did Fulham finish in the Championship?