Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

I say you should loan players from Norwich which had a really good position at the premier league table. If you are affiliated with them they will give you players on loan for free ;)

I resigned from Ireland , so no update until i make some transfers/end of pre season.

Looking forward to the new season, hopefully you can do a bit of business and push on up the table. Btw after the investment have you produced any decent regens this year?

Also are you going to be applying for any vacant jobs this season or are you committed to staying at Tranmere?

Looking forward to the new season, hopefully you can do a bit of business and push on up the table. Btw after the investment have you produced any decent regens this year?

Also are you going to be applying for any vacant jobs this season or are you committed to staying at Tranmere?

I found one rather good youngster this year , i didn't notice him last year. I'll post a screenshot with the next update. I've made a few signings and i have a new Parent club to surprise you with ;) I'm only going to be applying for clubs that are in a higher league , that i might have a chance of joining.

Canadian Football Association approach Collum
View attachment 213675
The Canadia FA have today confirmed reports linking Former Ireland U-21 Manager and current Tranmere Rovers manager Seán Collum.Their representative had this to say " We believe that Mr. Collum has a great future ahead of him in the footballing world. After the resignation of Stephen Hart we wanted to bring in some youth to incorporate a new approach to the way we play football, and Sean is definetly someone who can do this"
Mr. Collum then confirmed that he had accepted the offer and had this to say : " I am delighted to be offered the chance to manage at a National level. I enjoyed my time at the Ireland U-21 team and i am looking forward to the prospect of leading Canada into the World Cup! "

Tranmere Rovers Pre Season Preview
View attachment 213676View attachment 213677

View attachment 213678

Wonderkid found in Tranmere Youth team:
View attachment 213679
I was really surprised to find this guy. I don't remember seeing him last year so he must of been brought in this year from the academy/youth trials. Fantastic to see how we managed to get someone like this. I would imagine the chance of getting one of these players is something like a million to one. Could mean that the Board are going to continue investing in the Youth.

Affiliated Clubs
View attachment 213680
Heres the surprise i mentioned earlier. I managed to convince the board to get another Parent club and they found Arsenal. Delighted , might be able to get some quality talent from them!​

ts.png

"Canada eh?" i thought to myself. I thought long and hard about it that day. Shane (My Agent) rang me first thing that morning , breaking the news. It was a strange feeling , i never really thought about managing at an international level , the U-21s didn't really count as i was dealing with mediocre youngsters, mostly unemployed. " Sure why not... what have i got to lose? " i whispered to myself. I'll gain valuable experience from that side of the big pond and could even give me a bit of a reputation bonus. One thing that proved to be an obstacle... Maria. A young girl i met during the summer , we've been in a relationship for a while now and she doesn't like the idea of me going to Canada at least once a month, so i don't think things are going to last to long with us. " I'm sorry babe, i can't deny this chance. I can change my life and i don't want to put you through am umfair relationship , with me being away alot. I hope you can understand ". It took me a while to write out that text , erased it a dozen times only to retype the whole thing again. "So that was it i guess.. my decision was made. Whats in store for me in Canada? Can't wait. "

From a Canadian, congrats on the job! At least you will have Junior Hoilett to help lead the line, unlike real life (sigh...)

Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

Carling League Cup 1st Round draw:

Tranmere Rovers will have their work cut out for them in this years League Cup.
The Rovers would of hoped for an easy route into the next round but they had no such luck. They were drawn against Championship side Blackpool. Although they are considered heavy underdogs, some believe that they will cause a stir and pull off a big win.

sky-sports-news.jpg

SHOCK TRANSFER STORY COMING OUT OF TRAMERE:
During the Summer break , Tranmere staff had developed somewhat of a special player who was sent straight to the first team. Lloyd Hughes is a highly rated youngster who is a main feature in The Rovers plans this season, but this morning we received a report that Fulham FC have launched a 1.3million pound bid for the youngster. Manager , Sean Collum came out and released a statement that there is no way he is going to sell the player. Sky Sports News understands that, Tranmere Rovers Chairman Matteo Sereni has accepted the offer on behalf of the management. He clearly felt the deal was too good to turn down. The manager won't be happy with this and a row is predicted over the youngster future. The deal is now in the hands of the youngster. Will he stay with his favourite club or move to a higher league, to Fulham FC? We'll have more news whenever we receive confirmation of the transfer.

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

TRANMERE YOUNGSTER SNUBS FULHAM:
We have just received reports from Prenton Park regarding the sale of Lloyd Hughes from Tranmere to Fulham. Lloyd Hughes has rejected the contract offer from Fulham. Hughes expressed his fierce loyalty to the Club and he had this to say "I owe it to Tranmere Rovers. They made me the player i am right now and i am not about to stab them in the back without even featuring for their First team. When i first heard about the Transfer rumours , Sean ( Collum ) came to me and explained that this was not his decision and that he really wanted me to stay". Earlier reports suggested that Collum had fallen out of favour with Chairman Sereni after the bustup over this transfer, but since then Sereni has publicly apologized for not taking Collum's advice into consideration. Hughes later said " I am very happy here at Tranmere and i am looking forward to working along with the Manager and the rest of the team and i hope to help them in whatever way i can this season ".
View attachment 213751
"Woahhhh...what a relief" i said to myself after reading the back page of the Sports paper. I really didn't see this coming. I sat there , reflecting on the previous days events.. First off.. i was surprised at how quickly scouts heard about Lloyd , i didn't even get reports from the youth coach until the summer. There was no way i was letting this kid go, not for any price. Sereni had other plans , i was furious with him , rang him straight away and chewed his head off before hanging up. Maybe i went a bit overboard but it sure did get to him, he later rang me back apologizing and told me to flick on sky sports news. A recorded phone call was playing from Sereni, he rang sky sports earlier apologizing to me. I appreciated it but i was still annoyed at evidently losing my best player. Then i realised.. Sereni didn't ring me to alert me to the phone. At bottom of the screen , the yellow moving bar read in big bold writting " Tranmere youngster snubs Fulham to continue working with Tranmere ". " HOLY ****" i shouted. This puzzled me , i mean why snub a club thats more or less guaranteed Premier League football? True they were relegated last year but that won't stop them from going back up. This kid is really something special...

PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES:
Tranmere 4-4 Norwich
Sammy Ameobi (3) , Lloyd Hughes
AFC Liverpool 0-4 Tranmere
Lewis Buxton , Tibor Tisza , Michael Hoganson , Paul Clayton
Raith 2-2 Tranmere
Sammy Ameobi , Ali Messaoud
Plymouth 0-3 Tramere
Louis Laing , Charlier Barnett , Danny Harper

That sums up the Pre-Season , short but effective. A very good pre season , got the transfers i wanted. Kept the players i wanted and hopefully there will be no more teams trying to steal Hughes from me. We're scoring alot more goals, well in pre season anyways. We now await the kick-off of the League. A week from now at Stadium MK , against the Dons.

August Update:
nPower League Kicks-off:

MK Dons 3-3 Tranmere

View attachment 213753
What a performance! A very entertaining match and a great way to start the season. The win was in our reach with minutes left to play but a slip up from second choice keeper Neil Etheridge allowed Will Keane to score. Still very happy with the performance.

League Cup First Round:

Tranmere 5-0 Blackpool

View attachment 213754
Unbelievable! Totally and utterly amazing. All our pre season hard work is paying off. We were so clinical in front of goal , something we lacked last season. Goals coming from everywhere, free kicks , corners , throw ins you name it! Super result and we can look forward to a 2nd round in this cup!

International Friendly:
Bosnia and Herzogovina 2-4 Canada

View attachment 213757
A great performance. The media had us down as heavy underdogs but we were extremely good in front of goal , made sure we challenged the keeper. A great start to my International Managerial career.

League Cup 2nd Round Draw :

" **** , i wish they'd hurry this up " i thought to myself. Sitting in the conference room along with the other 49 club representatives awaiting the judgement of the draw. I wasn't too bothered about this competition , i was just excited at the prospect of playing against bigger teams , so we can show our talents and get our name out there. In a month or two Managers will be feeling the pressure and a few jobs might pop up and if things aren't going to well here at Tranmere... well let's say i like to keep my option open. " Ouchh.. That's a tough draw for Crewe , they'll struggle against Premier League outfit Portsmouth ". Getting closer and closer there's only 4 teams left to come out... "Home team : Tranmere" announced the FA official. " Away Team : Norwich " echoed through the microphone. " Get in! Brilliant draw! " i muttered to myself. I fancy our chances against these boys after drawing with them in Pre Season.

Tranmere 1-2 Chesterfield
View attachment 213758
Quality goalkeeping cost us the points here. We just could not find away past the Chesterfield number one. We played well and althought they dominated possession we played the better football. Lloyd Hughes got the MOTM award for his goal and overall performance. Good start to the season for him, but all that matters for me is the points. Which we couldn't get.

Colchester 0-3 Tranmere
View attachment 213760
Another great Attacking performance here from the lads. Looked very dangerous in front of goal and good of doubled the scoreline at least , if not for some brave defending. We also limited their attacks , frustrated them and made them chase for the ball and it worked well for us. Great result.

Tranmere 4-1 Rochdale
View attachment 213761
A fantastic team effort here from the lads. We worked the ball from the back and made Rochdale make mistakes and then pounched on them. I decided to giver Fraser McCarthy a rest and played Sammy Ameobi from the start , and after his performance today, McCarthy might find it difficult to get back in! Charlie Barnett also had a great match and won the MOTM award.

Tranmere 1-2 Norwich ( League Cup 2nd Round )
View attachment 213762
A very confident performance and i can't fault the players. They worked really hard and looked very good on the ball. We were a real challenge for Norwicha and i'm sure we surprised alot of people with the way we played. Even against the top tier teams we'll have a crack at it.

Oxford United 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 213763
I enjoyed todays performance , but we underestimated Oxfords chances. We invited them on the ball to much and led to a few mistakes but we recovered well. Sammy Ameobi will be in the newspapers for a week at least for his emulation of Maradonas "Hand of God" as he punched the ball into the net. Oxford did well to equalize then, but Liam Nouble was hungry for a win and scored a cracker of a goal as he ran from his own half.

View attachment 213769

A great start to the season , both at club level and Internationally. In a good position in the League to start off with only dropping 4 points in the first month , which isn't bad for a club of our stature.

I found something quite odd in the Worlds Richest clubs.. check it out:
View attachment 213765
Can anyone spot the oddity? The first person that guesses correctly, will be somehow involved in a future update , possibly a interview or something special like that! I'm just going to talk about it for awhile. This game is full of surprises and it just goes to show , that it really is only a game. There's no way in **** a club like them from a rather , mediocre football nation could become that rich. I'm going to look into it more.​

Last edited:
Great Story! Really enjoying it so far. Just wondering what tactics your using. Your team seems to be going from strength to strength.

Guessing Shamrock Rovers got a takeover!

Bingo! Yeah they got a major takeover , not sure what type of Rich people thought about buying a club in Ireland. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Thanks man! I'm using TBH's Into Oblivion tactic for Underdog teams , seems to be working wonders so far!

September Update

Tranmere 4-1 Shrewsbury (JPT 1st round)
View attachment 213783
A quality free flowing football game which we took full advantage of. We played some very nice football splitting the Shrewsbury defence open. I rested a few first team players here and give the subs and second string team a chance and they proved their worth in a solid win.

Tranmere 2-1 Leyton Orient
View attachment 213790
Can't believe we didn't score more goals. We were sensational off the ball , pass and move over and over , simply beautiful. Big difference from last season. Leyton Orient were quiet for most of the game only creating a handful of chances at goal , which Obi Bright dealt with.

ts.png

International Break:
Morocco 0-0 Canada

View attachment 213791
A fair result , no-one really deserve to score. I'm happy with the Performance away from home in front of 53000 fans. Didn't know what to expect but our good form continues here. Even though we didn't win , the fans will be happy at how competitive we were.

Johnstons Paint Trophy Second Round:
Tranmere Rovers will be happy with their latest draw in the JPT. The Rovers have been drawn against League 2 side Walsall and will look to dominate this match and hopefully proceed into the next round.

Gillingham 1-3 Tranmere
View attachment 213792
We showed our class in this fixture as we beat Gillingham who seemed to be our bogey team over the least few years. A fantastic solo performance from Fraser McCarthy won us the match with a nice hattrick to his name after being rest for a few games. Gillingham had more possession but couldn't do anything with it , whereas we looked very threatening with the ball at our feet. MOTM for Fraser McCarthy.

Tranmere 2-1 Exeter
View attachment 213793
A fantastic game of football for the neutral fans. We played very well in this match , dominating possession and tested their keeper on numerous occassions. Exeter were very dangerous also , taking alot of long range efforts , but failed to break down our defence and their only goal came from a corner. Center Back Mark Reynolds won the MOTM accolade.

Tranmere 1-2 Millwall
View attachment 213784
A well fought battle with Millwall who were relegated from the Championship last year. We took and early lead and managed to hold it into second half until the 53rd minute. We still looked to threaten the Millwall defence, but our hearts were crushed 3 minutes from time when Millwall got a late winner.

Doncaster 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 213789
A nice way to bounce back after a frustrating defeat in the last fixture. A confident and dangerous performance Young sensation Fraser McCarthy continues his good form with a long range curler and Lewis Baker secured the 3 points for us 10 minutes from time in a good fashion.

View attachment 213794
A nice position to be two months into the season. We are looking to surprise the bookies as they had us tipped for another relegation battle and our recent performances will make them think about their odds again. Promotion may be an option this year!

Nice read. Little disappointed with you taking over at Tranmere! Fulham to Tranmere, a bit Lawrie Sanchez style. The Canada job looks interesting though. Hoping for promotion for Tranmere.
Is there any possibility that you can change the thread name as well.

Nice read. Little disappointed with you taking over at Tranmere! Fulham to Tranmere, a bit Lawrie Sanchez style. The Canada job looks interesting though. Hoping for promotion for Tranmere.
Is there any possibility that you can change the thread name as well.

Yeah so i was i at tfirst , but my options were limited seeing as i didn't really have a big reputation. Yeahi've put in a request to change the thread name but no luck so far , i might have to PM one of the section moderators.

Surely you're well-known now!Good story

I would of thought so , but teams like Cardiff and Middlesbrough and some low level Premier League clubs "Laughed off" my interest

You should really try and get Tranmere to the premier league. Would be better than accepting job offers from above-just in case you're tempted to.

Amazing story btw. Just read through all the 14 pages.

You should really try and get Tranmere to the premier league. Would be better than accepting job offers from above-just in case you're tempted to.

Amazing story btw. Just read through all the 14 pages.
Thanks for the kind words!

I was thinking about it , I'll keep going for now and see if i can get promoted this season and take a look at survival in the championship. This is my first actual game in FM12 , straight into the story so i might just bide my time and see what comes up. I just want some success now.

Also, i got the title changed thanks to Jack.

October Update:
Tranmere_Rovers_FC.png

Charlton 1-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213847
What a way to earn a point , last kick of the game more or less. We went into this game odds on favourite to win , but I knew that Charlton were a force to be reckoned with. It was a fairly even game , perhaps we had the better opportunities but couldn’t find the net. A well earned point against some strong opposition.

Tranmere 2-1 Walsall
View attachment 213848
I gave the second string team another chance here to impress me , and they did not disappoint. We dominated possession for most of the match ,created many dangerous chances. Couldn’t fault their performance , although I thought we should have had a lot more goals, but I’m just flad to be able to qualify for the next round using a second string team. Tibor Tisza got the Man of The Match award for his efforts, fighting for his first team position back after falling down the list of midfielders this year.

International Fixture:
ts.png

Cameroon 3-2 Canada

View attachment 213849
A decent performance against World Number 1 team Cameroon. We didn’t create many chances but we kept the ball well frustrating the opposing side. We took a surprise lead in the first 5 minutes through a blistering run from Zoran Milicev but Cameroon dominated after that and It didn’t take them long to turn the game in their favour.

Johnstons Paint Trophy Southern Quarter Final draw:
Tranmere were handed a fixture that which they will look to dominate. Chesterfield came out of the hat along with Tranmere , and with Tranmere’s recent form , they are heavy favourite to proceed into the Semi’s

Tranmere 2-0 Northampton
View attachment 213850
We came out on top in fairly even fixture. Northampton proved to be a formidable foe as they took hold of possession and created a few problems for us. Luke Ainscough was handed his first start in 3 weeks and he didn’t disappoint me. Grabbed us a goal after 20 minutes with a towering header and the same again for Center Back Mark Reynolds who is having a great season.

Southend 1-0 Tranmere
View attachment 213851
A good performance that deserved at least a draw but we couldn’t make use of our chances. We took control of most of the possession in the centre of midfield and tried to break down the Southend back four which proved to be a difficult task. A lapse in concentration from our defence allowed Jason Holt to score a tap in after Louis Laing misjudged his back pass to keeper Neil Etheridge who was covering for Obi Bright who was away on International duty.

Tranmere 1-0 Scunthorpe
View attachment 213852
The goals have seemed to dry up a bit in recent weeks. Our goal came from a last minute header from Sammy Ameobi which sent the fans into raptures. Although I was delighted with the win, I wasn’t too impressed at the way we won it , but titles are won on last minute goals. I’m glad to see the team bounce back and win after the defeat to Southend United.

Rotherham 0-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213853
Another narrow , yet convincing win. Rotherham failed to create any real chance at goal and didn’t test the keeper at all. We managed to create more chances with less possession and made the keeper pull of a few saves , but we weren’t that good in front of goal. Liam Noble adds to his impressive performances this season with a goal and a MOTM award.

Coventry 3-0 Tranmere
View attachment 213854
Our first real big defeat this season. We were powerless to resist their pure force. We were tired, fatigued and didn’t look comfortable out on the pitch and deserved our loss. Coventry dominated the game , possession wise and played the better football. Hopefully this doesn’t lead to more loss’

FA Cup 1st​ Round Draw:
Tranmere Rovers will play Rochdale in the first round of the FA Cup this year. They are already heavy favourites to proceed and Boss Sean Collum will be hoping that they can perform to the expectations that the media has set for them.

View attachment 213855
We are looking like strong candidates for promotion this year . Currently only 5 points behind league leaders Sheffield Wednesday who we play in the first match of next month. A mixed month , with some good results and one or two disappointing results but I’m not going to be too hard on the team because we are majorly over-achieving this year.​

Last edited: