Renovating the Cottage - A New Journey for Success

That 10-0 win was a miracle seeing chesterfiled's position at the league. Looks like Fulham made a wrong move by firing you. ;)

I looked into it more , their caretaker manager (Youth Coach) played the U-18s team against me...Weird, never seen anything like it.

Haha , they were in the relegation battle up until the last match which they won 3-0 against Leeds , i attended...in the leeds stand ;)

TRANMERE TAKEOVER COMPLETE
The future regarding Tranmere's ownership was finally resolved this morning. Parma-based business man Matteo Sereni completed the takeover in the early hours of the morning, but the turmoil is not yet over. Rumours have it that Sereni is contemplating bringing in his own Manager to replace Mr. Collum, the second time in his career where is position has been put under threat through a takeover. Sereni has strong connections in Uruguay and wants to bring in Gus Poyet to replace Mr. Collum.

Personal Message from Matteo Sereni :
Sereni thanks you for your continued patience over the uncertainty of the clubs position. Sereni would like to inform you that money has been invested into the Youth Facilities and a further 550k has been pumped into the Club coffers.Sereni would also like to state that although it had been his intention to appoint a new manager following the takeover he will consider letting you keep your job and will inform you shortly.

Tranmere Loses announced:
Tranmere Rovers' board of directors this morning have announced their turnover from the last financial year. Tranmere have recorded a loss of 1.8million pounds over the last year , a staggering 44% of their turnover. This is said to be the reason why former-chairman Norman Wilson relinquished his shares in the club.​

i have a problem guys... i got sacked because the chairman wanted someone new in... Do i end the story now , or carry on with another team and then try get back into the Fulham staff at a later date?

NOOOOOOO!!!

I will kill the chairman for ruining this good story!

NOOOOOOO!!!

I will kill the chairman for ruining this good story!

Haha , hopefully it'll live for another while , just a journey man , may edit the title soon.
I'll have a Pre-season review tomorrow with Transfers and League preview!

Haha , hopefully it'll live for another while , just a journey man , may edit the title soon.
I'll have a Pre-season review tomorrow with Transfers and League preview!

I hope so to. What an ***, seriously you did well with the squad plus injuries.

Collum's Future Resolved:
Tranmere Chairman Matteo Sereni has assured Collum , that he will be allowed to continue his work at the club. Sereni had been impressed at the continued support Collum was receiving from the Board of Directors and the Tranmere Fans. Sereni also took this oppurtunity to infrom the press that the board have decided to invest even more money in the youth facilities. It seems that Sereni's long term future plan for this club is to produce young talent!

Transfers:
View attachment 213021

Pre-Season:
Tranmere 0-1 Brighton
Tranmere 3-1 Oldham
Darlington 1-0 Tranmere
Donegal Celtic 3-7 Tranmere
Tranmere 1-4 Nottingham Forest
Tranmere 3-2 Fulham Reserves

League Preview:
We go into the start of the league in good shape , i'm very happy with the business we did in the transfer markey and the Pre-Season results have us in good shape for the League opener against Port Vale. Media have us predicted to finish 18th in the League. I'm not quite sure what to expect this season i would be happy with a Safe position mid-table. I aim to get promotion in a season or two.

League Kickoff.
Port Vale 0-2 Tranmere
View attachment 213022
What a fantastic start to the season. Our pre-season preparations paid off. We took our chances in the first half and just played possession football in the second half to kill the game off. Two debutants score their first goals, over-the-moon with this win.

League Cup 1st Round
Barnsley 3-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213023
We didn't really have much of a chance here against the championship side , who were relegated from the Premier League last year. They took the lead very early on and only built on it from there. We did manage to get an impressive goal through young Welshman Fraser McCarthy.​

Good to see you keep your job mate!

And hopefully that injection to improve the club will stand you in good stead if you are promoted.

Tranmere 3-1 Chesterfield
View attachment 213136
Quality performance here against a rather strong Chesterfield team , who were eager to get revenge for their embarrassment at the end of last season.We got to a flyer through Mark Reynolds and continured to build on our lead throughout the second half. Steve Bailey's two screamers earned him the MOTM accolade.

Brighton 4-0 Tranmere
View attachment 213137
Brighton showed a totally different class that is worthy of a championship place. They were very incisive in our half and continued to challenge our defences which could not do much against their strike force. We didn't pay too bad , created plenty of chances , couldn't take them though.

Tranmere 2-0 Rotherham
View attachment 213138
A great performance here. Young Sensation McCarthy had a blinder of a match and scored twice to help us to our victory. Rotherham were heavy favourites for this match and i'm delighted to be able to come out of this fixture with the 3 points. We didn't dominate, it was an even match but we were the more clinical side.

Tranmere 3-1 Leyton Orient
]View attachment 213139
An even match between the two teams here. Young Welshman Fraser McCarthy yet again proved his worth as he scored 2 more goals. He is stunning the football league this year, at the age of 18 is the leading goalscorer so far this season. Leyton Orient challenged our defence numerous times but only managed to break through on one occasion.

MK Dons 3-2 Tranmere
View attachment 213140
A poor performance adds to a dissapointing result. The Don's dominated the match , kept the ball from us , frustrate us and it was only a matter of time before they broke through the defence. They took the lead early on , but we managed too equalize late on in the first half , they again took the lead 15 minutes into the second half and we equalised late on and rescued what seemed to be a valuable point , but the Don's struck again and sunk our hopes.

Tranmere 0-0 Yeovil
View attachment 213141
A fantastic draw here against league leaders Yeovil. It was a fixture filled with action , but not many goals , great for the neutral fans. An entertaining match, and a draw was probably the best result for both teams as neither could break down the other, although Yeovil will be dissapointed at how they lost top spot because of this draw.

View attachment 213142

Last edited:
Coventry 2-0 Tranmere
View attachment 213147
Under pressure manager Ian Halloway was desperate for a win in this fixture his future was in doubt and the players did enough to earn him so more time. On the other hand we were brutal , we had one attempt all game , while having 49% of possession , i don't even know what we did with the possession. Poor performance means a dissapointing defeat.

Tranmere 1-2 Southend
View attachment 213148
Another poor performance against a mediocre team who we should be beating. We created plenty of chances but we just couldn't seize them. Etheridge had a very poor game , scoring an own goal early on and then flapping at Marcus Marshalls close range effort.

Bristol Rovers 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213149
Another frustrating result, i hope this run doesn't go on to hinder our morale and confidence.
Bristol kept at us , and it didn't take much to break down our back 4. We were also poor in front of goal , couldn't finish any clear cut chance. Tisza managed to score a cracker from 25 yards out.

Tranmere 0-4 Rochdale
View attachment 213150
Oh dear lord , our finishing is getting worse! I've seen better finishing from Emile Heskey! We created so many chances, actually played well but just didn't do ourselves any favours in the final third, from there the defence just lost all concentration.

Tranmere 2-1 Crewe ( Johnstons Paint Trophy )
View attachment 213151
The perfect match to regain some confidence. We got the win alright , but Crewe proved to be a fearsome foe. They threatened us on many occasions and broke us down and would of had more goals if not for goalkeeper Neil Etheridge.

Crystal Palace 3-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213152
A very evened out contest stirred by a Lewis Baker own goal which sent the Tranmere heads down straight away. We struggled to get back into the match after that. We were quite good up until that point. Jack Barmby gave us a bit of hope before Crystal Palace scored again. Frustrating defeat.

View attachment 213153
A very Frustrating month. We slipped from a very good 5th spot all the way down near the bottom. Hopefully we can turn around the next month and climb our way back up to the play-off spots, if we're lucky.​

Tranmere 0-0 Gillingham
View attachment 213166
A game we should of won with ease , but again we were frustrated to the point of bas finishing. Created so many chances but failed to cause any real problems for their goalkeeper. Would of been a valuable 3 points but i suppose Gillingham didn't deserve to lose, so a point is fair.

Crawley Town 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213167
Another terrible performance from the lads, we should be beating the Red Devils with ease but instead we lose. I'm getting tired of these petty performances , something is going to need to change soon or my head may be facing the axe.

Tranmere 1-4 Sheffield United
View attachment 213168
Totally violated by Sheffield here. Their boss needed a win here and he didn't dissapoint. We created a few chances , but again couldn't finish them, looks like Fraser McCarthy has come to a bit of a goal drought. We need him bagging goals again!

Bournemouth 3-0 Tranmere
View attachment 213169
We were thrown around like a rag doll in this fixture. Decimated. Terrible performance adds even more pressure on the team. If i survive until January i'll be sure to bring in more faces to strenghten the team.

Scuthorpe 1-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213170
A valuable point in a fixture we did not deserve to get anything from. I was really really annoyed at the team. We looked like we were going to get our ***** handed to us on a plate and we're very lucky we didn't. This point keeps us out of the relegation places, well until Gillingham play tomorrow.

View attachment 213171

just read all the way through this, looks really good ill be following, keep it up! :D

Tranmere 1-5 Hartlepool (JPT)
I wasn't really too bothered about this match , JPT wasn't really one of my objectives, so i threw out the second string squad. I didn't expect us too lose but i certainly didn't see us losing by 4 goals to a team relegated from this league last year. Not impressed at all.

Tranmere 5-2 Cheltenham (FA Cup 1st Round)
Great performance, passed the opposing team to death. Created some great chances and managed to slot away 5 of them. The rest i gave them during the week would of been a great boost and i'm gladto get the win and progress to the next round.

Tranmere 1-3 Accrington
A poor performance, didn't really get into the game at all. Players were tired from the FA Cup fixture and it had its effects. We managed to get a goal through Sammy Ameobi who we managed to pick up on a free transfer, but after that we were silenced by the Accrington fans.

Coventry 0-1 Tranmere
A great win against a very good Coventry side. We were heavy underdogs for this match , but again we prove the media wrong. Youngster Fraser McCarthy is on form again as he scores a long range curler, which earned him the MOTM award.

Tranmere 2-0 Exeter
A great win against one of the promotion candidates of this year. Can't fault the team , played good football and kept possession and challenged the keeper on many occasions. Charlier Barnett's goal and assist earned him the MOTM award.

Doncaster 3-1 Tranmere
A tough game away from home against a good Doncaster side who are surprising the media this year so far , they were tipped for relegation but are comfortably sitting mid table. . They got off to a flyer from the kick off , our defenders just weren't switched on yet and we were caught out bad. It only got worse from there 3 minutes later they netted again and we didn't really get into it.

Tranmere 2-5 Brentford
Heavy underdogs when we went into this match and for a good reason. Brentford are sitting comfortably at the top of the table. Just like the last game we conceded very early on on more than one occasion and we struggled to get back into. After half-time we started to play some good football and netted two goals but it wasn't good enough to cause a big comeback.

Colchester 1-3 Tranmere
A very even match , Colchester had the more of the possession but we created more chances and took them. 2 goals from Tisza and one from Charlie Barnett ensured we got the 3 points. A very entertaining , free flowing open game. Tisza gets MOTM for his great performance.

Tranmere 2-1 Stevenage
Another great performance. We conceded early in the first half and did well to turn the game on its head in the second half. Another Solo goal for Tisza as he adds to his goal tally and another MOTM perofrmance to his name.

View attachment 213421
A decent month where we raked up a few points. We're into the next round of the FA Cup against Newcastle, and we're not too far away from being safe again this year. Moving into January i may get some new signings in depending on funding from the board.

Apologies for lack of images of match results in this update. I lost them all and really couldn't be arsed going back and getting them again. Don't worry it won't happen again :p

Chesterfield 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 213464
A poor match in all honesty , we deserved our two goals but other than that it was a fairly quiet game. 2 braces from Jack Barmby helped us on our way. Earning himself the MOTM accolade aswell.

Tranmere 1-2 Newcastle ( FA Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 213465
A vailant battle , we tried our hardest in match and nearly caused an upset against premier league outfit Newcastle. Newcastle struggled to break down our defence and only for a Gary Hooper freekick and the 56th minute, i would of fancied us stealing the win, but his goal opened the gates for Juan Pablo Caffa to break through the wall of defenders.

Tranmere 1-6 Port Vale
View attachment 213466
A heavy defeat which didn't really reflect the way the game played out. We had the better chances and the possession was shared more or less evenly. Port Vale only missed two of their attempts on target whereas we scored one goal which came from a corner, when we should have had 4-5 goals easy in open play. Poor performance.

Tranmere 1-0 Brighton
View attachment 213467
We just managed to steal the win here against a superior Brighton team who are underperforming this year. A brace from Charlie Barnett early on gave us a big confidence boost and although we didn't hit the net after that , we did manage to defend quite admirably.

Rotherham 2-3 Tranmere
View attachment 213468
A single show here for Tibor Tiszo again , he single handedly won us the game here. Rotherham were all over us, and if not for their poor finishing , we could of been beaten quite badly here.
Another MOTM performance from Tiszo who has become a fan favourite.

Leyton Orient 2-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213469
We were woeful in this fixture. Couldn't get a foothold in the game. Didn't do much with the possession and failed to create any promising attacks. We did well too get the goal and at that point i thought we might steal a point , but Richard Cresswell sunk our hopes just after half time.

View attachment 213470
A good month to be fair , only stirred by a devastating result to Port Vale and a bad performance against Leyton Orient. I'm happy with our performances , especially against Newcastle and we're in a nice comfortable position now. Hopefully we can build on this month and continue to climb the league table. I didn't sign anyone in this season , nobody was really available that was in my price range and i didn't want to ask the board for more funds.

Here's a look at the 2 leagues above us:
View attachment 213471View attachment 213472

Tranmere 2-2 MK Dons
View attachment 213517
A well earned point against MK Dons who we never seem to be able to beat. We had a comfortable lead early on , scoring two in the first twenty minutes but thats all we did. The Dons kept banging at our doors and broke our defence down just after the 20 minute mark and then again just after half time. We should of had the 3 points, but i'll take 1 at this stage.

Yeovil 4-0 Tranmere
View attachment 213518
A very very heavy defeat , hard to take. We domintaed the game , created so many chances but we just couldn't challenge their keeper. Yeovil made no mistake with their chances , a hattrick for Greg Palmer secured the win for Yeovil after a brace from Jordan Clarke before half time.

Tranmere 1-1 Coventry
View attachment 213519
A very valuable point. We didn't look like we would get anything from this match. We managed to hit the target 5 times , but we weren't good enough for 5 goals. Our defence held up well to deny coventry any real chance at goal, and with the 4 attempts they did have on target , Goalkeeper Etheridge was there to stop them.

Tranmere 2-3 Bristol Rovers
View attachment 213520
We tried our best to bring the game to Bristol here , but they always looked the stronger team. They dominated possession , and controlled the tempo of the game, we basically let them tell us what to do in this fixture. I thought we would of won it near the end , we went up 2-1 but a equaliser and a late winner ripped that though to pieces.

Southend 0-2 Tranmere
View attachment 213521
We had to rely on 2 penalties to get the win here , which Tisza made no mistake and scoring both. It was a very open evened out match. We created plenty of chances , midfielders were brilliant today , bossing the midfield. Strangely enough, it was the same player who committed the fouls which led to the penalties , and he wasn't given a single card. Adds to the woeful performances of referees this year.

Rochdale 3-2 Tranmere
View attachment 213522
The home side were simply phenomenal in this game. They took the game right too us, attacking for the off and that's where our first goal came from. A very nice counter attack starting from the back found it's way into the Rochdale net early on but it didn't take them to equalise and then take the lead.Csaba Somgyi scored an own goal which put us on level terms again and with a point in sight, we again buckled and conceded another late goal which left us with nothing from this fixture.

Tranmere 1-0 Crystal Palace
View attachment 213523
A poor game in truth. Quality of football was brutal. Neither team looked threatening and seemed like they were both playing for the draw. At half time , i gave the guys a pep talk and sent them out on a high and from there it didn't take long for Luke Ainscough to score a superb solo goal which earned us a valuable 3 points.

Gillingham 2-0 Tranmere
View attachment 213524
A terrible performance. Gillingham win was written all over this. Barely got a foothold in the match. We created a measley 5 chances and hit the post twice , other than that , we looked like losing the whole time. This game could be the difference at the end of the season as both fight for survival.

Tranmere 1-1 Crawley
View attachment 213525
Very dissappointed with the performance from the team today. Crawley are a team we should be beating quite easily , but we only managed to get a draw in a match where we were second best for the majority of the 90 minutes. An early goal put us under pressure straight away and if not from a lucky Josh Meekings strike just after the 20 minute mark, we would of been scrapping for a goal.

I have no league table because i forgot to screenshot one , and i'm too far in now to get one. I've got one more update to finish this season with. I might try and get it done for tonight , it's late right now so it might wait till tomorrow.​

Sheffield Utd 2-0 Tranmere
View attachment 213530
We felt alot of pressure in this match , still near the relegation zone and scrapping for points and in the end of this match it proved to be our downfall. We made to many mistakes on the ball and two mistakes particularly in the defence led to the 2 goals. Sheffield were very dangerous in our half and were very clinical

Tranmere 0-3 Bournemouth
View attachment 213531
A very confident performance, but again, terrible finishing. If we had a goal for every 2 chances we created we would of been leading 6-2 at the half time interval , but no , we were a disaster up front.

Accrington 2-2 Tranmere
View attachment 213532
We were disastrous in this match and definetly did not deserve anything from the game. Accrington were sitting in the bottom two before this match , we should be skinning them alive, but they took the game too us proving a difficult foe and they'll be going home annoyed at how they couldn't win.

Exeter 1-2 Tranmere
View attachment 213533
We continued our fantastic record against Exeter here again at St. James Park. Exeter had most of the possession but couldn't do anything with it. Tibor Tisza was today again, on form as he scored two cracking goals to give us 3 valuable points coming to the end of the season.

Tranmere 4-1 Scunthorpe
View attachment 213534
A great improvement in composure in front of goal here. Took our chances well and made the keeper work at every oppurtunity. 2 more goals for Tibor Tisza helped us on our way to our second win in as many games , something that hasn't happened to often this season.

Tranmere 0-1 Doncaster
View attachment 213535
Realy frustrated here , the Doncaster keeper was phenomenal , you wouldn't see Jose Reina pull off the saves this kid did. If not for him we would of ran away with this game.

Brentford 3-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213536
Not a bad performance against the league leaders. We defended fairly well all 3 of their goals were from set pieces , 2 free kicks and a corner. We couldn't really challenge them in their half , they limited our possession and dictated the way we played , tiring us very quickly.

Tranmere 0-1 Colchester
View attachment 213537
Really annoyed with the team here , another of our relegation rivals who we should be beating fairly comfotably but couldn't find the net despite creating so many oppurtunites. Colchester needed the points more , and they sure as **** worked harder than we did to get it.

Stevenage 0-1 Tranmere
View attachment 213538
What a way to win the match that secures our place in the league for next year. A last minute header from fan favourite Charlie Barnett sealed the win with the only goal of the match. Sent the Rovers fans into raptures and will be glad to know that they can go to bed tonight knowing they will be playing in the same League next year.

View attachment 213539
We played alot better this year , winning more matches , but conceding more and scoring less. We had more points this year , than last year but we are a position worse off. I'm looking forward to the summer break. I need to think aboutn changing the tactics, to ensure we have more choices in the final third and will look into the transfer window immediatly. Not exactly a great year , but we avoided relegation which is what i was aiming for.

Fulham also got relegated :
View attachment 213540

Last edited:
Tomorrows first update is going to be the European U21 Championships for a change. I haven't really covered anything on my Ireland role. Suggestions are welcome! Any players for my tranmere team , or tactics?