i see you are testing it in FM Classic. Does it work the same way in the normal Football Manager? And is it 14.3 patch?

Haha, nope that's not FM Classic, that's just the FMC skin for normal FM. And yes, this is tested in 14.3 patch. Give it a go, see if this tactic works for you! Any constructed feedback is welcome.

Im gonna test this out with dortmund, i havent played them on this game yet, could be fun :)
A couple of questions, should i use a right footed player in the amr role? and should the aml be a right footed too or does it work with e left footed also?
And the cm defend i guess should be trained as a ball winner? :)

Last edited:
Im gonna test this out with dortmund, i havent played them on this game yet, could be fun :)
A couple of questions, should i use a right footed player in the amr role? and should the aml be a right footed too or does it work with e left footed also?
And the cm defend i guess should be trained as a ball winner? :)

Well, I usually have my IFs preferred foot, the opposite to the position they play. Like left footed but AMR role. But for the AMR position, it's setted as an Inside Forward, but a Winger or a Defensive Winger will work too. So if you play a Blaszczykowski, who is a right footer in that position for example, changing him to a winger can work since that's the role he usually performs. But at the end of the day, it's up to you. I just prefer playing my winger's who's preferred foot is the opposite of what they play, especially Inside Forwards.

As for the Central Mid - Defend role.. it is essentially the ball winner :) Hope this tactic works for you. Be good to see what feedback you can give! Have fun :)

Thanx for the reply! :) The first season its gonna be a right footed on the Amr, so i only have to change the role to winger or DW?
Second season im gonna test a left footed player as IF in amr :)
I will post results after first season!

Well, I usually have my IFs preferred foot, the opposite to the position they play. Like left footed but AMR role. But for the AMR position, it's setted as an Inside Forward, but a Winger or a Defensive Winger will work too. So if you play a Blaszczykowski, who is a right footer in that position for example, changing him to a winger can work since that's the role he usually performs. But at the end of the day, it's up to you. I just prefer playing my winger's who's preferred foot is the opposite of what they play, especially Inside Forwards.

As for the Central Mid - Defend role.. it is essentially the ball winner :) Hope this tactic works for you. Be good to see what feedback you can give! Have fun :)

Thanx for the reply! :) The first season its gonna be a right footed on the Amr, so i only have to change the role to winger or DW?
Second season im gonna test a left footed player as IF in amr :)
I will post results after first season!

Yep, you can do, I'm sure it'll work. I currently give Antonio Valencia a chance on the right wing since he's a right footer only but I change his role to a Winger or a Defensive Winger since he doesn't really cut inside and I use Wilfried Zaha as the Inside Forward. Yep, see how you do. Await your results!

Yep, you can do, I'm sure it'll work. I currently give Antonio Valencia a chance on the right wing since he's a right footer only but I change his role to a Winger or a Defensive Winger since he doesn't really cut inside and I use Wilfried Zaha as the Inside Forward. Yep, see how you do. Await your results!
A couple of more questions about the tactic! Should i use exploit the middle everytime the AI play with wingers and Exploit the flanks when not using wingers? or is it just some tactics? :p
And i guess Xherdan Shaqiri is a perfect player too play as IF in Amr role?
Sorry for being a drag :p

A couple of more questions about the tactic! Should i use exploit the middle everytime the AI play with wingers and Exploit the flanks when not using wingers? or is it just some tactics? :p
And i guess Xherdan Shaqiri is a perfect player too play as IF in Amr role?
Sorry for being a drag :p

No worries man, I'm happy for some questions. As for Exploit the Middle/Flanks, yeah that's pretty much it. Think I've mentioned that in the first post. But if things aren't working during the match when you're using these exploits, just use the other exploit and see if it changes anything. Think Shaqiri is a Right Winger with a left foot right? Think he'll be fine in that role and he has satisfactory stats in the team work/work rate department. Hope it works for you.

No worries man, I'm happy for some questions. As for Exploit the Middle/Flanks, yeah that's pretty much it. Think I've mentioned that in the first post. But if things aren't working during the match when you're using these exploits, just use the other exploit and see if it changes anything. Think Shaqiri is a Right Winger with a left foot right? Think he'll be fine in that role and he has satisfactory stats in the team work/work rate department. Hope it works for you.
Good to know :) It works good at the moment, what i can see is that slow centerbacks like hummels and subotic have a hard time against fast strikers, but i play one fast and slow at the moment! Yes exactly, hope i can get him or someone like him!

Good to know :) It works good at the moment, what i can see is that slow centerbacks like hummels and subotic have a hard time against fast strikers, but i play one fast and slow at the moment! Yes exactly, hope i can get him or someone like him!

Yeah, have to say slow players especially centre backs may not go well with this tactic and like you have seen they may get destroyed by fast pacey strikers. Hope it continues doing good for you mate.

Yeah, have to say slow players especially centre backs may not go well with this tactic and like you have seen they may get destroyed by fast pacey strikers. Hope it continues doing good for you mate.
Yeah i think how much it may hurt my soul i have to get rid of them and buy faster centerbacks! But i have beaten Bayern two out of two times already, destroyed them in the first game with 4-1, and the second time 1-0 :)

Yeah i think how much it may hurt my soul i have to get rid of them and buy faster centerbacks! But i have beaten Bayern two out of two times already, destroyed them in the first game with 4-1, and the second time 1-0 :)

Or maybe keep both but have at least 1 quick defender to partner them. But never play them together. That may help?

Or maybe keep both but have at least 1 quick defender to partner them. But never play them together. That may help?
Yeah i will keep doing that, it works at the moment! Im afraid of how it going to turn out against the big teams in Champions League, but you can never be sure until you tried it :)

but did you not make a 4222 or am i thinking of some 1 else?

Haha probably thinking of something else, my first post has a screenshot of my tactic as a 4-2-3-1. Maybe it's the other guy that I've just seen on the forum, his tactic is a 4-2-2-2.

Haha probably thinking of something else, my first post has a screenshot of my tactic as a 4-2-3-1. Maybe it's the other guy that I've just seen on the forum, his tactic is a 4-2-2-2.

sorry man me being dumb

Hi mate,

gonna try the tactic with Liverpool. I'm thinking of using Suarez on the left, Sturridge upfront and Sterling on the right as a Winger. One quick question:

When you change the role of the AMR, does the wingback role have to change also ? Because a Fullback role usually suits better the Winger. Also, why don't you have a Wingback on the left also to suit the inside forward ?