Hi mate,

gonna try the tactic with Liverpool. I'm thinking of using Suarez on the left, Sturridge upfront and Sterling on the right as a Winger. One quick question:

When you change the role of the AMR, does the wingback role have to change also ? Because a Fullback role usually suits better the Winger. Also, why don't you have a Wingback on the left also to suit the inside forward ?

You alright there mate, well if you change your AMR role to a Winger, you don't have to change the Wing Back position. Because I feel that the right back is more aggressive in attack compared to the left back position when Dortmund play in real life, hence I've decided to go with that set up and I feel this balances the defence and attack. Hope this works well for you!

I must say the Advanced playmaker role is great, Henrikh Mkhitaryan are scoring for fun, after 16 games and 13 substitutes (dont know the word in english) he has scored 19 goals and 12 assists! :D

I must say the Advanced playmaker role is great, Henrikh Mkhitaryan are scoring for fun, after 16 games and 13 substitutes (dont know the word in english) he has scored 19 goals and 12 assists! :D

Great man! Good to see it's working so well for you!

What kind of PPms do you think is good to use and not to use for all the positions? :)

What kind of PPms do you think is good to use and not to use for all the positions? :)

I'd definitely say no to Shoot from Distance. For the playmakers, Tries Killer Balls, One Twos, Move Into Channels. For the players who aren't great at Passing, especially if they are CBs and the ball winners, I'd suggest Simple Passing Game for them. That's all I can think of for now. Cut Inside for Inside Forwards will also be ideal.

I'd definitely say no to Shoot from Distance. For the playmakers, Tries Killer Balls, One Twos, Move Into Channels. For the players who aren't great at Passing, especially if they are CBs and the ball winners, I'd suggest Simple Passing Game for them. That's all I can think of for now. Cut Inside for Inside Forwards will also be ideal.
So pretty much standard then! :) One Twos and Move Into Channels for both playmakers or just the advanced one?
And i have an update for you, i won the league on the same points as bayern, but i scored more goals! And i lost the champions league final against Bayern in overtime :(

So pretty much standard then! :) One Twos and Move Into Channels for both playmakers or just the advanced one?
And i have an update for you, i won the league on the same points as bayern, but i scored more goals! And i lost the champions league final against Bayern in overtime :(

Unlucky man. But hopefully it gets better next season. And as for PPMs yeah, pretty much the standard PPMs you'll use if it's for a possession based tactic.

Hmm

With 100 % fluity (FMRTE) I am testing it in the super cup vs Dortmund.

Can't really get close to them no matter what, with either of these. Not with tiki-taka either, they just destroy me.

Noticed that they play 4-4-1-1.

Lost 4-0, They had 9 CCC, I had 2 Half chances.
--------------------------

Tried with control, lost 5-3 first time (4-0 to them before I started)

Second time I was leading THREE times, but they eaquilised within two minutes every time. Ended up losing 5-3.

Not working for Bayern against Dortmund. They are sickly good and this game is sickly difficult. For me anyway.

Last edited:
Great man! Good to see it's working so well for you!

Hi there m8. I made a poll on a my new tactical recreation project and a lot of people are voting for Dortmund's high pressure attacking football. The tactic you have made however does that and from some of the comments, seems to be working really well. Congrats. :)

I will test the tactic with a few teams, and if it works for me as well, I will link people to this. No point in me making a tactic when someone else has already done an excellent job on it. I will post screenies after my tests.

If we work together we can make a world beater

Last edited:
With 100 % fluity (FMRTE) I am testing it in the super cup vs Dortmund.

Can't really get close to them no matter what, with either of these. Not with tiki-taka either, they just destroy me.

Noticed that they play 4-4-1-1.

Lost 4-0, They had 9 CCC, I had 2 Half chances.
--------------------------

Tried with control, lost 5-3 first time (4-0 to them before I started)

Second time I was leading THREE times, but they eaquilised within two minutes every time. Ended up losing 5-3.

Not working for Bayern against Dortmund. They are sickly good and this game is sickly difficult. For me anyway.

Hey there man, hmmm so far can't see why it's not working, what sort of players do you have? For example, are your CBs quick? Do your players have high team working/work rate stat. What sort of PPMs do they have. Have you followed some of the tips above on the first page? Let us know. I'll try help you as much as I can if you're still interested in using this tactic.

Hi there m8. I made a poll on a my new tactical recreation project and a lot of people are voting for Dortmund's high pressure attacking football. The tactic you have made however does that and from some of the comments, seems to be working really well. Congrats. :)

I will test the tactic with a few teams, and if it works for me as well, I will link people to this. No point in me making a tactic when someone else has already done an excellent job on it. I will post screenies after my tests.

If we work together we can make a world beater

Hey there man, yeah I had a browse at your tactics and you've seem to made some successful tactics man. Yeah I'd be happy to see what sort of feedback you can give me for this tactic. Can see what we need to do to improve this. Look forward to it man!

So second season have started good, but what i can see is that some games the opposition just scores on everything, dont know if it is the ME or just my players having a bad day! But in the long haul it works great, lukaku just scores for fun in this :D
Ive sold both hummels and subotic and bought faster centerbacks, it seems better now but they are inexperienced and makes som mistakes sometimes but that will change when they grow i hope! Do you use the same OI and tips when using the Control tactic?

So second season have started good, but what i can see is that some games the opposition just scores on everything, dont know if it is the ME or just my players having a bad day! But in the long haul it works great, lukaku just scores for fun in this :D
Ive sold both hummels and subotic and bought faster centerbacks, it seems better now but they are inexperienced and makes som mistakes sometimes but that will change when they grow i hope! Do you use the same OI and tips when using the Control tactic?

Well, part from exploiting the middle or flanks, the OI and other tips still applies for the control tactic. The control tactic is just a take a breather sort of tactic, when you're 3-0 up at half time or wanting to protect a lead with 10-15 mins left of a game. Not having to attack with urgency compared to the Attack tactic.

Hey there man, hmmm so far can't see why it's not working, what sort of players do you have? For example, are your CBs quick? Do your players have high team working/work rate stat. What sort of PPMs do they have. Have you followed some of the tips above on the first page? Let us know. I'll try help you as much as I can if you're still interested in using this tactic.

Hey there man, yeah I had a browse at your tactics and you've seem to made some successful tactics man. Yeah I'd be happy to see what sort of feedback you can give me for this tactic. Can see what we need to do to improve this. Look forward to it man!

Thanks, but I thought I just were going to use it against insane teams using an offensive midfielder and counter-attack, usually I want to use some kind of 4-1-4-1. or 4-3-3, with lot's of possession like Bayern play in real life. Trying a few and making some tweaks. Can't replicate Bayern though.

Thanks, but I thought I just were going to use it against insane teams using an offensive midfielder and counter-attack, usually I want to use some kind of 4-1-4-1. or 4-3-3, with lot's of possession like Bayern play in real life. Trying a few and making some tweaks. Can't replicate Bayern though.

That's fine mate, we all have our own preferences, but it's difficult to replicate a team 100% with this match engine. Just thought I'll put that there.

That is true manutd7182, it's not possible to - logically at least - make your team play pretty much EXCACTLY as you wish.

However, I found one tactic which resembles Bayern alot, and this might be the one. Even won 1-0 against Dortmund, who I rarely beat on this game (FM14) so far.

Although I am VERY intruiged with this gegenpressing style, perhaps I will use a Dortmund kind of side for my next team and hopefully a tactic like this later! :)

That is true manutd7182, it's not possible to - logically at least - make your team play pretty much EXCACTLY as you wish.

However, I found one tactic which resembles Bayern alot, and this might be the one. Even won 1-0 against Dortmund, who I rarely beat on this game (FM14) so far.

Although I am VERY intruiged with this gegenpressing style, perhaps I will use a Dortmund kind of side for my next team and hopefully a tactic like this later! :)

That's cool mate! As long as you've found something that works for you then it's all good. If you do decide to use this tactic as your main one, I'd be happy to hear any feedback for it if any.