Pre Season

images

Shocking budget handed to me
Sell some key players so I can sign players
Dip into the free market
First 2 games against United and Arsenal :(

Transfers

View attachment 280919

Seriously? What the **** we win the league and get that for a budget?!!? The only thing I can think it might be is they invested a lot last year so I could buy Ademilson and Torres :/ anyway on to who I sold and signed

View attachment 280920 View attachment 280921

Outs

Big players to leave were Evatt, John-Baptiste, Davies, Crainey and Angel. Most were getting on a bit and I wanted to sell them for something now so I could invest in younger, better players. A lot of people didn't have their contracts renewed as they weren't gonna cut it at this level.

Ins

Right the interesting bit, Hegley is a regen who looks okay and had 4* potential when I was in the Championship but thats dropped a lot now I'm in the EPL. Then when I saw my budget I basically crapped myself and hit the free market!!! Got some pretty good deals, most of the frees will last just this year then sold on next year for some money. Patrick van Aanholt is a decent left back and for £500k I can't complain, Legrend is a regen keeper from PSG with bags of potential and looks pretty good. Finally our big summer signing is Jordon Mutch!!! I paid £5m up front from my sales and the rest is over 48 months.

Here's screenie's of the new boys

View attachment 280923View attachment 280924View attachment 280925View attachment 280926View attachment 280927View attachment 280928View attachment 280929View attachment 280930View attachment 280931View attachment 280932View attachment 280933View attachment 280934View attachment 280935

The rest of the clubs have been pretty busy too, especially United with the signing of the summer for sure...

View attachment 280936

Neymar... really?? Thanks United I really am going to get smashed up this year!!

Pre Season Games and Fixtures

View attachment 280922

Arsenal up first them United... **** it. If I can get just a point I'll be chuffed!! Ignore the pre season games I left my idiot Assistant in charge.

Tactics and Squad

View attachment 280937

Here's my squad/tactic. Not too bad but can we stay up? Let me know what you think

its gonna be tough with that budget but with the signings yo made the in the championship (admelison, torres etc) I think you can stay up.

It will be tough, I think. The Championship campaign points to a successful season - stay on Premier. Playing such an offensive style of football is something I'm interested in seeing how it works.

I think the key will be how your players morale react after the ManU-Arsenal and Tottenham-ManC pairs of matches.

Gonna be tough but you've made decent signings considering the budget you started with, fair play! I think you'll finish in mid-table.

Gonna be tough but you've made decent signings considering the budget you started with, fair play! I think you'll finish in mid-table.
It will be tough, I think. The Championship campaign points to a successful season - stay on Premier. Playing such an offensive style of football is something I'm interested in seeing how it works.

I think the key will be how your players morale react after the ManU-Arsenal and Tottenham-ManC pairs of matches.
its gonna be tough with that budget but with the signings yo made the in the championship (admelison, torres etc) I think you can stay up.
Cheers lads, we'll see. No doubt its gonna be tough, toughest challenge I've had on FM with that disgraceful budget. No doubt they'll troll me and give me funds in September or something.

Congrats on the promotion - any chance you can load up a save as Scotland manager so that Levein can get the chop in real life - seemed to work with Blackpool lol

Congrats on the promotion - any chance you can load up a save as Scotland manager so that Levein can get the chop in real life - seemed to work with Blackpool lol
Haha Adkins might be off soon too, I'm a curse!! But seriously what is Holloway thinking?? The minute Zaha gets sold Palace will be nothing again!!!

What has the media got you down as? Personally I think a good finish would be mid-lower table and a good cup run.

186k?? You're kidding. they have more money in norway! tough luck man, and with the fixtures as well. I figure if u focus only on the league and chuck the cups, a good run in the middle of the year might help. good luck

And on a side note, what the **** is up with these transfers??Im still waiting for my copy of the game, but im in for a tough time if the top half of the league is going to turn into a private galactico party.

What has the media got you down as? Personally I think a good finish would be mid-lower table and a good cup run.
They have me down as 19th, same as when I was managing Southampton. But I had around £20m to spend when I was The Saints. I'll take just avoiding relegation and hope for a half decent budget next year lol

this really is a great story excellent read
Thanks man glad you're enjoying it!!

186k?? You're kidding. they have more money in norway! tough luck man, and with the fixtures as well. I figure if u focus only on the league and chuck the cups, a good run in the middle of the year might help. good luck

And on a side note, what the **** is up with these transfers??Im still waiting for my copy of the game, but im in for a tough time if the top half of the league is going to turn into a private galactico party.
I can only think its because they gave me £13m in the January transfer window last season and I spent all that :S very very weird. Yeah I'm fielding a completely different side in the league cup but want a decent FA Cup run, I'll see how I'm doing in January.

I know Chelsea signed Llorente too on a free, Neymar to United? Hummells to City along with Schneider?? FML I wont be winning the league anytime soon

August

images

Decent start by The Seasiders
Jordon Mutch is a steal at £8m
Last minute goal against Arsenal denies Blackpool famous win

League

Blackpool 1 - 1 Arsenal

Mutch

View attachment 281098

Manchester United 2 - 1 Blackpool

De Gea OG

View attachment 281099

Blackpool 3 - 1 West Brom

Mutch, Ademilson, Diskerud

View attachment 281100

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Second Round

Dagenham & Redbridge 0 - 1 Blackpool

Watt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Cracking start I'd say. Annoyed to concede so late to Arsenal especially if you look at the match stats we were better than them!! The United game was always going to be hard and I wasn't too upset as we gave them a good game and with a bit more luck might have been able to sneak a point. I should also note I didn't have Ademilson for either of these games as he was away with the Brazil Under 20's

We then played our League Cup game in which I changed the whole team, Sanchez Watt's header in the second half gave us the win. Then we absolutely smashed West Brom which gave me real confidence that we can avoid relegation, they aren't a bad side by any means and to be so dominant against them I was really happy.

Player of the Month

Jordon Mutch

View attachment 281102

What more could you want from a new signing? Two goals in three games and just a cracking player, strongly recommend him to anyone with a mid table BPL side. Also our new Vice Captain

Table

View attachment 281103

As you can see the table is basically bullshit, Wigan and Southampton that high? Certainly wont end like this.​

I have 3 strikers. Delfouneso is only on loan, Kevin Phillips is retiring at the end of the season. That leaves me with just Ademilson. I need another decent striker if I'm going to stay up.
I see your point. you'd probably get him cheap as they'd get relegated

September

images

Undefeated this month
Pick up some key wins
Scrape past Bristol City in League Cup

League

Reading 1 - 2 Blackpool

Cathcart, Ince

Blackpool 1 - 1 Fulham

Phillips

View attachment 281119

Charlton 1 - 2 Blackpool

Eardley, Ince

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Blackpool 2 - 1 Bristol City

King, Affane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

An undefeated month for us.. just!! First off we beat Reading which was good as they're near the bottom and we need to be beating teams like them. Then we had the Fulham game in which we snatched a draw at the end thanks to Matt Phillips, then we scraped past Bristol City thanks to Josh King and Amin Affane's first goals for the club. The our last game was against Charlton, another game we needed to win which we just about did!!

Pretty happy with our start, in fact I couldn't have asked for a better start!! Ademilson isn't scoring enough in my opinion though and is our centre back Craig Cathcart who's really impressing me. Along with Patrick van Aanholt and Mikkel Diskerud.

Player of the Month

Craig Cathcart

View attachment 281120

Brick wall at the back, so solid.

Table

View attachment 281121

Can we end the season now please??​

Well you've only lost one and you've played two of the top six, that's good.