cityblues

Reaction score
Has anyone found FM09 pathetically difficult?

I played pre-season winning games 9-0 and 11-0 and thought **** me im onto a winner here - To then struggle to score in the league?

WTF.....this is just stupid and the game is **** :mad:

Ridiculous indeed

I have started with Man Utd - a team that should usually be farely easy to manage so I can learn the inns and out of the game... - - But it is still stupidly hard...one game to the next my team will play well against Roma in CL (3-1) away from home, followed by a 2-0 home defeat to Newcastle...followed by a 1-1 draw with West Ham (away), then on to win 1-0 at home to Villa, then I lose 1-0 to lowly Blackburn??? I feel like my team has no consistency and its driving me nuts!:mad:

happen the same s**t with Steaua Buch. but..I think you have to create a tactic...play it for some time then see the results...so that your team can aknowledge your style of play..

Maybe everyone is getting upset because towards the end of cm/fm games you know the best tactics or players and you have to start over.

I'm doing ok with Hearts i finished 5th in the spl and got to the league cup final in my first season then finished 3rd in my second after having to re think tactics and staff etc.

antipat1q, it does indeed take a while for your team to adjust if you change their style of play. To start with, my Luton side were unimpressed when I said I was going to play some 'score more than you' football, as the club generally has a more defensive ethos. However, after 7-8 matches they have become used to it, and whenever I say we are off to attack in a press conference they positively love it.

Anyway, I find that the best tactic is the good old 4-4-2 with a small, speedy striker and a classic centre forward - big and good in the air. Keep the passing mixed (i.e. not down the flanks), and employ a more attacking central midfielder alongside a more defensive one...almost creating a diamond during attacking plays. This, coupled will high tempo, little time wasting, all round closing down and an attacking mentality seems to be doing the job - I have picked up 21 points in 9, and this is from a 'relegation candidate' team. Oh, and don't forget you don't want your centre backs wandering off, so take away their forward runs, set closing down to own half, and mentality as either normal or defensive - whichever floats your boat really, they both work just as well, but normal gives you some extra flexibility when attacking.

Hope this helps a bit!

I really struggled in my first season i was 3rd in the january window then my board accepted offers for mcfadden, larsson, jaidi, mcshefferey and garvan who i had only just signed! Then i really really struggled finished 6th and lost in play-offs semi's. Really struggled to score goals but had the best defence.

Start of second season i had to make do with loans and free's as no money was made available (did david sullivan make this game????) but i managed quite well fininshed second on 92 points only failed to win the league because portsmouth were relegated and kept diarra, crouch, defoe etc and they got 106 points losing 2 matches (both to me tho :) ) Same as first seasont though won about 16 games 1-0 struggled for goals but never let them in.

3rd season in premier league just finished this morning, i fininshed 12th and did the double over villa and west brom, also won 1-0 at old trafford so a good season considering my predicted position was 20th even with cardiff in the league!! So i think i adapted quite well in premier league. scored goals for fun which is strange considering i had the same midfield as i did in the championship and my only addition up front was the 7m signing of gyan who did get 23 goals but still everyone chipped in and i scored like 70 goals but conceded about 70 aswell.

Found 3 great players for future and they already play for blues, colin doyle goalkeeper, krystian pearce cb and jordyn mutch a centre midfielder.

Ok so what am i doing wrong here, i have started with Arsenal, Man C, the Toon, just cant score or even dominate the game against weaker teams, my strikers never seem to get the back up from midfield regardless what i do, the centerbacks are just hopeless and always getting beaten for pace, does anyone know of a good 442 tactic yet, i am struggling here

yeah i played about ten games with reading at home and lost about 6 of them 0-1 after dominating and them having one shot all game, its same old fm really

I've tried tinkering with the 442 tactic as i'm with Derby County but I JUST can't find a reliable tactic and it's doing my head in......any thoughts???

ive always used 4-1-2-1-2 and that always seems to work for me. Lots of goals are scored and not conceding many. Have bought the game but ent compatable with my computer lol so maybe this tactic is no longer a genius. Looking forward to playin it soon though =]

I really struggled in my first season i was 3rd in the january window then my board accepted offers for mcfadden, larsson, jaidi, mcshefferey and garvan who i had only just signed! Then i really really struggled finished 6th and lost in play-offs semi's. Really struggled to score goals but had the best defence.

Start of second season i had to make do with loans and free's as no money was made available (did david sullivan make this game????) but i managed quite well fininshed second on 92 points only failed to win the league because portsmouth were relegated and kept diarra, crouch, defoe etc and they got 106 points losing 2 matches (both to me tho :) ) Same as first seasont though won about 16 games 1-0 struggled for goals but never let them in.

3rd season in premier league just finished this morning, i fininshed 12th and did the double over villa and west brom, also won 1-0 at old trafford so a good season considering my predicted position was 20th even with cardiff in the league!! So i think i adapted quite well in premier league. scored goals for fun which is strange considering i had the same midfield as i did in the championship and my only addition up front was the 7m signing of gyan who did get 23 goals but still everyone chipped in and i scored like 70 goals but conceded about 70 aswell.

Found 3 great players for future and they already play for blues, colin doyle goalkeeper, krystian pearce cb and jordyn mutch a centre midfielder.

LIES,CHEAT as if anyone with half a brain would sign McFadden

nah Newcastle tend to sign ***** overpriced

Boumsong my main example

antipat1q, it does indeed take a while for your team to adjust if you change their style of play. To start with, my Luton side were unimpressed when I said I was going to play some 'score more than you' football, as the club generally has a more defensive ethos. However, after 7-8 matches they have become used to it, and whenever I say we are off to attack in a press conference they positively love it.

Anyway, I find that the best tactic is the good old 4-4-2 with a small, speedy striker and a classic centre forward - big and good in the air. Keep the passing mixed (i.e. not down the flanks), and employ a more attacking central midfielder alongside a more defensive one...almost creating a diamond during attacking plays. This, coupled will high tempo, little time wasting, all round closing down and an attacking mentality seems to be doing the job - I have picked up 21 points in 9, and this is from a 'relegation candidate' team. Oh, and don't forget you don't want your centre backs wandering off, so take away their forward runs, set closing down to own half, and mentality as either normal or defensive - whichever floats your boat really, they both work just as well, but normal gives you some extra flexibility when attacking.

Hope this helps a bit!

They're pretty much the tactics I've been using with Leeds and it's certainly proved successful, as I've strolled to the League One title mainly due to a tight defense but also scoring relatively freely.

I started with Derby, played 442 attacking, considering ive signed gravesen, leonardo from ajax, diego tristan, plus others i cant remember, i won all my pre season games, including 3-1 over spurs - creating numerous chances in each. i get to the league. play 2 games with the same tactics, get 5 shots on goal in total in these games, midfielders all finish with ratings of 7+ and my strikers below 6, and i lose them both 1-0 to watford and bristol who i should really beat easily. is it the tactics?? could do with some help!

I have deployed the 442 with Arsenal, nothing fancy just have Cesc attacking and Abou Diaby a little defnesive, I am starting to win games and get good results, beat Man U 4-0 away but the strikers are still very inconsistant with there ratings i am lucking if Adebayor get in the 6's plus Nasri seems to be a pile of poo, so I have Vela wide left who is picking up MoM many times, Bendtner seems to be scoring a few, I will let you know how things progress, but sign Flack for Rangers, will cost a bomb but he is loving the reserve for me!

Sounds like your strikers are just in some poor form k12ddo and goonerross. I'd just get a bit angry with them in the press, and threaten to drop them. The last bit is of course a lot easier for you goonerross, as you have a bit more depth...but with both of you, you're other results suggest you must be getting something right.

ive found that the computer doesnt play its best players during friendlies, ive also noticed that it doesnt play the same tactics in friendlies as in competitions, ive found this in N.Ireland anyways. it might just stand out more in that league because with the 5 cups they play you play the same teams all of the time.

Does man city buy every player on everyone else's game too? They just bought ross wallace for 6m off me and there buying every player on my shortlist and there interested in all my players, my mate said they are exactly the same on his. This happening on everyone elses?

That's what happens when they get silly money on a game :(