rishmanisation's English Premier League Chairman Game (FM16 Edition)

Thanks a lot! Very humbling! I'll be writing a bit longer season review when I have the time (likely tomorrow). In this, I will also reveal who was my choice for chairman of the year!

Now, let the games begin!

View attachment 1018330

Derby Announce DoF

View attachment 182188

New Derby County owner, John Carlov, has today announced former Notts County, QPR, Deportivo la Coruna & Lazio manager, Manuel Pablo, as the promoted EPL sides Director of Football.

Carlov, who is yet to appear in public in the Uk, unveiled the Spaniard via teleconference stating that, due to his many "business interests" Manuel Pablo would also be acting as the clubs public face.

"I have known Manuel for many years now & have the utmost confidence in his ability to lead the club forward.

Unfortunately, due to previous business commitments, I will not be travelling to England to oversee the club's progress. However, I will be in constant communication with Manuel & together we hope to make this club great."

The pair worked together at Italian side Lazio, where the Spaniard lead the underdogs to the Serie A title (making one anonymous punter a very rich man in the process) before retiring from the world of management to run a small bar in his native Spain.

"When John came into the bar & explained the role to me, I couldn't refuse." Pablo began "Its a fantastic opportunity to once again be involved in the world of football without the added pressures of management."

Asked about his Lazio exit & the subsequent dismissal of now boss Carlov, amid embezzlement rumours, Pablo commented.

"It was all bullshit mate. I wont be commenting on it. John is an extremely successful business man with his grubby little fingers in a whole lot of pies. He doesn't need to steal."

"Can you explain what it is John actually does then Manuel?" One reporter asked.

"No." came the answer & the conference ended early.

Regardless of the rumours surrounding his new employer, Manuel Pablo was a successful manager who fought numerous relegation battles in his management career &, with Derby now looking to beat the drop themselves, his experience could prove invaluable in keeping the side in the EPL.

Exactly how the relationship between owner & DoF will work remains unseen, however life at Derby looks to be getting stranger by the day.

KOEMAN SACKED
View attachment 182183
CHAIRMAN DON VOLPE ANNOUNCES SACKING OF POPULAR MANAGER RONALD KOEMAN. The firing was said to be because if Southampton's unsatisfactory league position, as they ended the season in 11 th place. Volpe declined to comment on possible replacements.

Arsenal season review

View attachment 182184
Arsenal Season Review
After a season finale that has left most Arsenal fans unbearable to hang around with, the Gunnes have ended a wait of over a decade for a League title, by not only winning the league convincingly, but also becoming champions of Europe for the first time in their long history.

After a year of shifting tides, high-spending chairman Jay-Z has seen early success for "makin' it rain". Heavily critizised for overspending, the American rapper admitted that he felt justification for his choices by winning these titles. The added bonus of winning the Chairman of the Year award was a very sweet icing on the cake, as an unusually humble Jay-Z admitted he did not feel he warranted the award. "With all my resources and spending, some sort of title should be expected in my opinion. I believe that there have been several chairmen with limited resources that have achieved extremely good positions. My vote for chairman of the year would have gone to the excellent chairman of Swansea, for a very strong 8th place finish".

Premier League review
38 games, 30 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses. It has been a season to be very proud of. We scored 94 goals, most in the league, and conceded 33, the fewest in the league. I fear we will struggle to replicate such a feat next season, but we will make sure to be up there, challenging for the title.

Champions League review
After a stuttering start to the group stage, we never looked back. We went through the group stage unbeaten. A strong Atletico Madrid side was our reward, but that looked to be no match as we beat them 2-1 away. However, an old PL nemesis of ours, Fernando Torres, wanted to have a say in it. He scored 2 at the Emirates, to force the game to penalties. After Petr Cech's early injury, we had to put our faith in youth keeper Matt Macey. He saved 2 penalties to send us through! In the quarter finals, we battled out a 1-1 draw away to PSG, and won comfortably 2-0 at home to set up a semi-final date with Bayern. A 2-1 victory at Allianz Arena gave us a great chance, and Cazorla gave us a 1-0 win to send us to the San Siro.
An all-English battle vs Man City was an extremely tight final. As the game ended 0-0 after full time, we went into extra time. 2 minutes into extra time, De Bruyne gave City the lead. We struggled from then on, not producing big chances, but 5 minutes from the end, Paul Pogba blasted an absolute howitzer of a left footed volley in from 25 yards. One of the all-time great Champions League final goals. In the end, it was down to another penalty shootout. Petr Cech saved 2 penalties, and it was the unlikely figure of Eric Dier who scored the decider to win us our first ever Champions League title.

Domestic Cup review
We exited the Capitol One Cup at the hands of Man City, in the quarter finals and the FA Cup after an early loss to Swansea. No big deal, as we were allowed to focus on the league and Europe.

Player review
Our top 3 rated players were Mesut Özil (7.85), Alexis Sanchez (7.84) and Per Mertesacker (7.53). A special mention to our lanky German here, who repaid our faith in him despite his advancing age and decreasing pace.
Our goals were mainly scored by Carlos Tevez (28 goals), Alexis (24 goals) and Paul Pogba (18 goals). Our two new signings representing very well here. I am especially impressed by Pogba's 18 goals from a deep-laying midfield position.
Özil (15), Sanchez (13) and Ramsey (13) assisted the most goals, with Özil playing most key passes in the whole PL.

Out of our new signings, Tevez was a key factor to our success, especially with his 21 goals in 27 starts. Pogba also produced 12 league goals, and played a big part. Daley Blind was also a resounding success, averaging a rating of 7.65 when played as a LB, as was intended.

Less successful were our signings of Roberto Firmino (transfer listed, available in the window), loan signing of Bernat (7 starts) and Paco Alcacer (also available in the window).

Arsene Wenger has decided that this was the best time to call it a day as manager of Arsenal. After a brilliant season, redemption for a figure that has caused frustration in many Arsenal fans over they years, has been found. As a true Arsenal legend says goodbye, his shoes will be filled by the sharp-dressed figure of Massimilliano Allegri. The Italian arrives after guiding Juventus to another runaway Serie A title, and he will link up with former players Tevez and Pogba to hopefully bring further success to the Emirates.

Transfer window
After a free-spending first year, chairman Jay-Z has admitted that he now wishes to move towards a period of more long-term financial soundness. Therefore he has announced that he wishes to shrink the first-team squad ahead of the new season. Thus the following players will be available:

Transfer List
PlayerValueList PriceWage
Petr Cech13.75M10M100K
Kieran Gibbs10M8M46K
Stefan Radu14.5M9M85K
Jonny11.25M7.5M37.5K
Theo Walcott14.75M12M140K
Jack Wilshere24M18M80K
Roberto Firmino31M25M100K
Danny Welbeck24.5M20M115K
Paco Alcacer19M17.5M68K
Emiliano Martinez4M2M15K
Adam Ljaic?12M
Loan List
PlayerPositionWage
Bartlomej DragowskiGK1.5K
Richedly BazoerCDM11K
Will HughesCM21K
Serge GnabryAMRLC20K
Emerson HyndmanMC19.25K
Nahuel LeivaAMRLC8K
Ainsley Maitland-NilesMR/AMR14.75K
Chuba AkpomST10K
Jon ToralMC6.25K

Last edited:
View attachment 182175

LIVE - Chelsea Press Conference - LIVE

View attachment 182174
Oliver Queen - "On behalf of Chelsea Football Club, I wish to acknowledge the fans concerns. We are not in the business of failure and in our continued effort to strive for excellence we feel that changes must be made. Last season we scraped into the Champions League qualification slots and will now have to interrupt our pre-season in order to play in preliminary qualifying stages. Along with this disappointment, we ended up finishing 19 points behind the eventual winners Arsenal, a significant gap, as well as failing to achieve our goals in both the Champions League and FA Cup. Despite the club lifting silverware on two occasions with wins in both the Community Shield and Capital One Cup, the board have reached a decision and wish to announce that we have relieved Jose Mourinho of his first team duties"

View attachment 182173

JOSE MOURINHO SACKED BY CHELSEA

Felicity Smoak - "The club would like to place on record our sincerest thanks and appreciation to Jose but sadly we feel the club needs to be moving in a different direction to the approach we took this season. We understand that this is a tough time for our fans but we implore you to show patience and restraint in what is this period of transition for the club."

Oliver Queen - "No decision has yet been made on a new manager to lead the team and the club forwards but we are in contact with several interested parties and negotiations are ongoing. We would like to thank the fans for their support and reiterate our commitment to this wonderful club. It is hugely important to everybody that we build a successful business and sporting model for long term success and if that is at the cost of short term glory then that is a price that we must consider paying. Thank you for your time"

View attachment 182171

View attachment 1018353

Chelsea Season Review

View attachment 182168
A season of huge highs and devastating lows for the defending champions as BBC Sport takes an in depth look at what has been a extraordinary season for Chelsea Football Club.

Barclays Premier League

A 4th place finish for Chelsea has to be looked upon as a disappointment as they finished behind the eventual winners Arsenal by a whopping 19 points. Many pundits believe that it is this failure to put up a decent defence of their Premier League crown that cost Jose Mourinho his job.

View attachment 182167
With 71 goals to their name, the fifth highest in the league, and just 35 goals conceded, the second best in the league, there doesn't appear to be an awful lot wrong on first viewing. A deeper look into the Blues fixture list shows an inconsistency and a failure to put teams to the sword that left them with 9 draws which results in an 18 point net loss, very almost the gap to the leaders. Losses to West Ham, Southampton, Liverpool and draws with West Brom, Norwich and Bournemouth show that perhaps there was a lack of a plan B for Mourinhos side.

Champions League

A wonderful qualification from a tricky group containing Atletico, Wolfsburg Roma had Chelsea fans dreaming of a second European crown, but those dreams were pulverised by a dreadful showing against Valencia in the first knockout round where they were eliminated 5-1 on aggregate. This was not the Chelsea that we are used to seeing as the normally watertight defence crumbled. Much improvement will be needed for next season if they are to seriously challenge for European honours.

FA Cup

A miserable year in the FA Cup did not help Chelsea's cause as they were knocked out in the 4th round by Championship side Burnley by 3 goals to 2, despite fielding a strong side.

Capital One Cup

The Capital One Cup turned out to be the saving grace of Chelsea's season as they completed a wonderful run with an impressive final victory over Liverpool to lift their second piece of silverware of the season. Many Chelsea fans believe that this showed the true potential in the team but was not enough to save Mourinho's job.

View attachment 182161
Community Shield

A fantastic way for the Blues to open the season with an impressive victory over rivals Arsenal to lift the first piece of silverware under the new Queen/Smoak Empire.

View attachment 182160

View attachment 182146
Official Club Statement

In the wake of Chelsea sacking José Mourinho, and Mauricio Pochettino becoming one of the early favourites to replace him at Chelsea, we would like to take this moment to say that we have full faith in Mauricio to carry on the excellent job that he has started here and will be working with him in the upcoming transfer window to ensure a top 4 finish for next season.

Also, a season review and transfer list will be posted in due course (most likely tomorrow).

#COYS #PochIsStaying

P.S. Not actually sure if I can do this sort of post... If it causes outrage or breaks the rules, tell me and I'll delete it.​

Can't Felicity upload all teams transfer targets and classified information? ;)

I've just started watching that TV show again after seeing that picture. haha

View attachment 182081

End of Season Review

Manchester City had made a pretty controversy move during the season by replacing Pellegri by Simeone, although Manuel was doing well in the league. Hannibal Lecter was most likely not satisfied by "doing well".

In BPL City finished in second place, just 6 points behind Arsenal. MC' player kun Agüero, currently worth 88M €, dominated the league by scoring most goals, picking up most PotM awards and having the est average rating. Second best player was KDB.

The Citizens won anly one trophy during the whole season, FA Cup. In the final they beat Southampton, where Yaya Toure and KDB scored 2 in the 1st half and Jay Rodriguez pulled one back in the second half.

In CL, as Arsenal already described, City lost on penalties with Cech saving David Silva and Pablo Zabaleta penalties. Joe Hart saved Wilshere penalty.

Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter, who is currently serving nine consecutive life terms in Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane , also annonced that he will do anything in his power to destroy and oblivirate Arsenal from now on, because they snatched CL and BPL trophy from just under his nose.

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 250, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Transfer
[/TD]
[TD]List
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Player
[/TD]
[TD]Fee
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Eliaquim Mangala
[/TD]
[TD]20M €
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Martin Demichelis
[/TD]
[TD]Free
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fernando
[/TD]
[TD]18M €
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fernandinho
[/TD]
[TD]17M €
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]David Silva
[/TD]
[TD]75M €
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stevan Jovetic
[/TD]
[TD]30M €
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Loan
[/TD]
[TD]List
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Everyone in
[/TD]
[TD]U21 & U18
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

View attachment 182076
Tottenham Hotspur 2015/16 Season Review

Barclays Premier League:
Despite fighting all the way, our Europa League campaign ended up getting in our way as we couldn't quite carry our push for a CL place throughout the whole season and ended up just behind Chelsea in 5th. However, positive signs for next season.

Europa League:
A decent campaign from us as we saw off tough opposition in Lazio and Villareal before crumbling under the pressure at Signal Iduna Park. A realistic target is to repeat this next season.

Domestic Cups:
FA Cup: We focused more on Europe, and this showed as we got knocked out by a weak WBA side.
COC: A better showing, and we were unlucky to go out to Chelsea.

Player of the Season:
Absolutely no doubt in my mind. Bernardo Silva has been a revelation since he joined, and is one of the few players who will not be sold under any circumstances!

Speaking of selling:
Here is Sepp Blatter's transfer list. A * indicates the player is HG, a # indicates they are transfer listed.
Toby Alderwiereld - £45m
Lucas Romero - £30m
Harry Kane* - £60m
Olivier Giroud - £10m
Kevin Wimmer - £12m
Dele Alli* - £40m
Andros Townsend*# - £5m
Gökhan Töre - £15m
Kyle Walker* - £15m
DeAndre Yedlin - £5m
Clinton N'Jié - £6m

The majority of these are only there because they are either unhappy or wanted. Not actively looking to sell these, but if they were to go I would want a higher price than I'd probably get IG.

Those that Blatter actually wants rid of are:
Giroud, Töre, Townsend, Yedlin and N'Jié

Also, if you have any good HG players, Blatter is ready to make an offer for them!​

View attachment 182035

End of Season Review

Perhaps expectations of Leicester City had been raised slightly at the start of the season, due to some extraordinary event in a parallel Universe. Despite this it has been a pretty solid first season under new owner Gary Lineker, finishing 13th, 2 places above predicted.

Although the Premiership may been seen as a moderately successful campaign, Leicester's performances in both the League Cup and FA Cup have been very questionable, losing to Championship sides Wolves and Brighton respectively.

Discipline has been of major concern this season at Leicester picking up a staggering 7 red cards and 86 yellows in the Premiership alone. Something that needs urgent addressing.

View attachment 182032

Claudio Ranieri was set the target of achieving a minimum of 40 points this season, which he managed by the skin of his teeth. This accompanied with his poor displays in the cup competitions has left him on shaky ground. It is thought Lineker is going to allow him some additional time at the club, but has stated that a poor start to the season could seem him heading for an early exit.

So when do I know if I can spend some money to buy a club? :)

So when do I know if I can spend some money to buy a club? :)

Rishmanisation said he'd update yesterday, but don't really know where we stand atm :P

Hopefully we'll get moving tonight to get the transfer window started!

Back