rishmanisation's English Premier League Chairman Game (FM16 Edition)

I think there is a fair way of doing it now, if we want to allow players to go into debt, as long as they are in the black at the end of the season:

You secretly cancel the deals that would put a team in debt now without announcing which they were, but announce that teams are allowed to spend more in the remaining c2c + emergency window. That way it will be similar for everyone.

But, I went for two FGN players who I'd wouldn't have gone for if I knew that I could go into debt but, will still have to pay their wages and transfer fees making it harder for me to be in the black at the end of the season and meaning I have worse players than I could have had with my FGN slots making it more likely I get relegated as well

Well the point of this is that you have to handle the squad and budget you've got, you can't force other teams to buy your players in real life :) And it's the chairmans responsibility to remain financially stable, not the manager!

Well I am planning on trying to have a better season this year so planned on investing a little in to the club, just means i will probably have less in the future unless I get into champions league or something haha

And to be fair, I would probably be losing money over the season no matter what I do as that is what happened last season when barely anything was spent.

But, I went for two FGN players who I'd wouldn't have gone for if I knew that I could go into debt but, will still have to pay their wages and transfer fees making it harder for me to be in the black at the end of the season and meaning I have worse players than I could have had with my FGN slots making it more likely I get relegated as well

True. So an alternative is to not allow any debt this window, but maybe allow it in the next, or at some point where everyone have the same conditions. But let's just let Rishman decide and move on with celebrating our arrivals!

True. So an alternative is to not allow any debt this window, but maybe allow it in the next, or at some point where everyone have the same conditions. But let's just let Rishman decide and move on with celebrating our arrivals!

Yep. The only fair way is to stick to the rules that have been enforced up until this point. If there is to be a change, how about everyone be made aware of it before the fact.

Anyway lets move on.

Is it actually in the rules you can't go into debt at all?

I hear you all. I'm going to allow debts as long as they are made up by the end of the season. It probably will end up that way because of that TV deal which kicks in.

Those of you who couldn't bid for who you wanted, you'll get a second chance to do so. Once the C2C window closes, I'll be simming to the start of August and opening the second-chance transfer window so you guys can buy your players.

I hear you all. I'm going to allow debts as long as they are made up by the end of the season. It probably will end up that way because of that TV deal which kicks in.

Those of you who couldn't bid for who you wanted, you'll get a second chance to do so. Once the C2C window closes, I'll be simming to the start of August and opening the second-chance transfer window so you guys can buy your players.

So what's eta on the transfer then Rish?

SEASON 2: SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW (FGN/DOM/U18 1) ROUND-UP

The FGN/DOM/U18 window 1 is now over, with clubs all around the league spending big money on players! While there aren't as many blockbuster deals to speak of, all clubs spent well and can now look forward to a great season.

Top 3 Most Expensive Transfers

At number 3, we have German goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen! The Barcelona shot-stopper was picked up by Arsenal chairman Znik for 35 million pounds, and he will be expected to replace the outgoing Petr Cech. Marc-Andre does face competition from former starter Wojciech Sczeszny, who returns from a good loan spell at Roma.

View attachment 180574

At number 2, we have Spanish full-back Jose Gaya! The Valencia left-back was signed once again by Arsenal chairman Znik for a massive fee of 55 million pounds!

View attachment 180572

At number 1 (by just 4 million pounds mind you), we have another full-back. This time, it's right-back Danilo, who has been signed by the Manchester United chairman Matt for 59 million pounds from Real Madrid!

View attachment 180570

Club-by-Club Round-up

ARSENAL

Arsenal chairman Znik hasn't hesitated to splash the cash in the transfer window, as he is presumably looking to build a squad capable of winning each and every competition it competes in this season. Alongside two big-money deals for Jose Gaya and Marc-Andre ter Stegen, he's also signed Koke on loan from Atletico Madrid. He's also bolstered his youth squad by signing talented youngster Irving Rosas from Cruz Azul. There is also a change in the managerial department, as the legendary Arsene Wenger is replaced by Max Allegri.

CHELSEA

Opting to focus on bolstering his squad through the C2C window, Chelsea's chairman has had a rather quiet transfer window, with only one signing of note: Jonathan Calleri joining from Boca for a fee of 7.2 million pounds. Managerial change here as well, with Mourinho giving way for former Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini.

CRYSTAL PALACE

In stark contrast to Chelsea, Crystal Palace have been active this window, bringing five new players in. The best of these is arguably Leandro Paredes from Roma, who joins for a measly 4.4 million pounds. They've shored up their midfield by bringing in Cheikhou Kouyate on loan from recently relegated Watford and snapping up Ahmed Elmohamady on a free. They've also strengthened at the back by bringing in talented centre-back Dayot Upamecano from Salzburg for 1.3 million pounds and snapping up Cristian Zapata on a free.

DERBY COUNTY

The Derby chairman has arguably pulled off the coups of the summer by landing both Andre Carrillo and Bryan Oviedo on free transfers. He also brings in Alex Grimaldo and Mario on loan deals from Barcelona and Juventus respectively.

EVERTON

Everton's chairman Tobey has opted to go for youth in this transfer window, as all three of his signings are under the age of 21. Marco Asensio joins on a season-long loan from Real Madrid. Striker Donis Avdijaj joins from Schalke for a fee in the region of 3 million pounds, while Rodrigo Bentancur joins from Boca for a fee in the region of 7 million pounds.

LEICESTER CITY

Like Everton, the Leicester chairman has also brought in quite a few young players to add to his squad. Adam *** and Chris Manning join from Championship sides Fulham and Birmingham respectively, for fees well below 300k each. Samuel Fernandes and Beto join from Pacos Ferreira and Guimaraes respectively. He's also brought in two players on loan: Casemiro of Real Madrid and Maicon of Porto. There is also a managerial change, as retiring Claudio Ranieri is replaced by the young Marcelo Gallardo.

LIVERPOOL

No business done!

MANCHESTER CITY

Like Chelsea, a quiet window for Manchester City, who've just brought in Micah Richards from Aston Villa. It looks like the C2C window will provide some bigger deals then, as the Manchester City chairman seems happy with his squad.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Manchester United chairman Matt has only brought in 2 players, but has spent a cool 81 million pounds this window! Both players are from Real Madrid, with Danilo joined by promising midfielder Mateo Kovacic, who joins for 22 million pounds.

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Chairman Conor has only made two signings, but they're both good ones. Youri Tielemans joins from Anderlecht for a fee believed to be 18.5 million pounds, and Kevin Volland joins on loan from Barcelona.

NORWICH CITY

The Norwich City chairman appears to be content with his squad, as he's only brought in four new players, two of whom are presumably for the future. Arianit Ferrati and Andrea Marcucci join from Stuttgart and Bayern respectively. Elsewhere, he's made two fantastic signings in Jack Grealish and Sven Bender, who join for 14 million pounds and 5.5 million pounds respectively.

QUEENS PARK RANGERS

QPR chairman Rish has elected to go for broke in trying to secure a top-half finish or even higher in his club's first season back in the big time, by spending close to 50 million pounds. The pick of the deals are Leroy Sane and Khouma Babacar, who join from Schalke (for 24 million pounds) and Fiorentina (for 18 million pounds) respectively. Elsewhere, Adama Traore joins from Rish's former club Aston Villa for 4 million pounds. He's also made a couple of solid loan signings, with Marc Bartra and Denis Cheryshev joining from Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively. The remaining four players are all for the future: Tyler Walker from Nottingham Forest, Dael Fry from Middlesbrough, Carel Eiting from Ajax and Abdoulkader Thiam from Monaco. We've also got a new manager in the house, as the retiring Neil Warnock is replaced by Bernd Schuster.

SOUTHAMPTON

No signings made! There is a new manager at the helm however, with Frank de Boer replacing fellow Dutchman Ronald Koeman.

STOKE CITY

The new Stoke chairman has wasted no time in making his presence felt at the club. After sacking Alan Pardew for Andre Villas-Boas, he's gone and signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic from PSG. While he only paid around 8 million pounds, he will be paying a mammoth 430,000 pounds per week in wages! Apart from that, he's brought in Abdelhak Nouri from Ajax, Alisson from Internacional on loan, Tim Marrell from Koln and Alfonso Iaquitto from Roma.

SUNDERLAND

Sunderland chairman Savan has spent wisely this window and brought in quite a few players to bolster his squad for the new season. The pick of the signings is striker Simone Zaza, who arrives from Juventus for 9 million pounds. He's also pulled of the loan signing of Football Manager goal-machine Troy Deeney from recently relegated Watford. The rest of the signings are: James Bree from Barnsley, Zach Clough from Bolton, Iver Fossum from Stromsgodset, Jese on loan from Real Madrid, Salvador Santolaya from Deportivo, Rui Pedro from Porto and Ellis Plummer on a free.

SWANSEA CITY

With Swansea playing in the Europa League this year, the chairman has opted to largely keep faith in the squad that got him there in the first place. As such, the signings he's made appear to largely add to squad depth.

View attachment 180549

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Eager to improve from a disappointing end to last season, the Tottenham chairman has strengthened his squad with the impressive signings of Leon Goretzka from Schalke (11 million pounds) and Erik Durm from Borussia Dortmund (18 million pounds). The rest of the signings appear to be for the future: Richard Gregory from Boro, Felix Passlack from Dortmund and Maxmiliano Romero from Velez Sarsfield.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION

No transfers made! However, with the club making some good C2C signings, expect them to be a tough nut to crack, especially with a new boss in the house (I'll let the chairman say who!).

WEST HAM UNITED

West Ham chairman Murley has spent smartly this window, as he improves the weaknesses in his squad. Emilio Rigoni and Papa Alioune Ndiaye join from Belgrano and Krasnodar respectively. Elsewhere, Marco Torsiglieri joins on a free.

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS

This is one busy club! The chairman has pretty much bought a new playing XI when the C2C transfers are taken into consideration as well!

View attachment 180548

Full list of transfers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nV1_JQMw3W_dYEQicn8_lLA1703j7oUuRcalfZIoZro/edit?usp=sharing

Note: The C2C transfers aren't completely up-to-date. These will be done over the course of the next 24 hours.

If there are any players missing, please let me know ASAP.​

Rish, what does the red mean with Debuchy to Crystal Palace? IF it means it fell through, I've got to admit I'm quite ****** off as I spent £59m on a new right back, yet now it turns out I didn't need to spend that money as Debuchy didn't leave (just to clarify, I mean if I hadn't sold Debuchy I could've used that money (and FGN transfer) to strengthen in another area)... Yet all of Palace's FGN transfers went through. If a team can't afford all of their transfers, it should be their FGN transfers that they miss out on, not the C2C ones as C2C transfers effect another player. In this case, I've kinda been stung because the Palace chair main didn't look after his budget properly.

Last edited:
Cant believe West Ham beat me to Torsiglieri! I thought he would slip under the radar! :P

Rish, what does the red mean with Debuchy to Crystal Palace? IF it means it fell through, I've got to admit I'm quite ****** off as I spent £59m on a new right back, yet now it turns out I didn't need to spend that money as Debuchy didn't leave (just to clarify, I mean if I hadn't sold Debuchy I could've used that money (and FGN transfer) to strengthen in another area)... Yet all of Palace's FGN transfers went through. If a team can't afford all of their transfers, it should be their FGN transfers that they miss out on, not the C2C ones as C2C transfers effect another player. In this case, I've kinda been stung because the Palace chair main didn't look after his budget properly.

Never mind about that. I was talking from debt point of view. Since that's not an issue anymore, it'll go through. I was going to ask him if you could convert it to a loan, but that isn't necessary anymore. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Never mind about that. I was talking from debt point of view. Since that's not an issue anymore, it'll go through. I was going to ask him if you could convert it to a loan, but that isn't necessary anymore. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Ah, ok! Cool! Sorry for coming off a bit aggressive :P

I think we all planned our deals according to our balance, to avoid being in the red. Or almost all at least!

Completely understandable. I wouldn't be very impressed either if I were you!

Okey I'm pretty sure that Zlatan should not have a 430 000 pounds per week wage. If I have understood the rules the right way his age and my league prediction will make his wage the same that he just had, no wage doubling. Can you please take a look at it because it is alot of money :)

Okey I'm pretty sure that Zlatan should not have a 430 000 pounds per week wage. If I have understood the rules the right way his age and my league prediction will make his wage the same that he just had, no wage doubling. Can you please take a look at it because it is alot of money :)

I'm not sure what your predicted league finish is but assuming its between 7th & 11th (more then likely) I think his wage should be around 325K, which is still a **** load of cash for Stoke but is a little better :P

Back