rishmanisation's English Premier League Chairman Game (FM16 Edition)

View attachment 172561

Sunderland appoint new Chairman

There is a new owner in town, and his name is a MYSTERY!

He says that Sunderland will be looking at major changes, as the squad is clearly not good enough.

Cazorla on £105k a week?
Defoe on £80k a week?

Naa

Didn't even realise the foreign transfers etc window had opened or the fact that I used all of mine up in the summer (think that is what Rish said about my team), thought it was just C2C transfers for some reason.

I'll get an update out tomorrow it would have been today but, I took a nap instead

Amazing Alberto!

Alberto Zaccheroni is winning plaudits for an amazing turnaround of Newcastle Uniteds fortunes. The magpies have picked up 31 points from their last 14 games, losing just once, as they move from relegation certainties to Europa league contenders. His 3-4-3 has changed the landscape of this club and with teams yet to find him out- Newcastle are blowing everybody out of their way at the moment! Chairman Kevin Keegan told Sky sports news " we knew we was getting a great manager but our form over the last 14 games is the form of title winners, we knew he'd have a great impact but this is far greater than I ever dreamed. After our start I wanted consolidation and comfort in our league position with the potential to push on further next season but now I am looking ahead towards a fight to represent England in the Europa league." Keegan also defended his inactivity in the transfer window " I promised Alberto a buffet to set his stamp and unfortunately I wasn't able to deliver this. This budget was set on other clubs signing our players Alberto wasn't interested in but this didn't happen and I didn't want to drag this club into dangerous debt by any means. I offered our manager a chance to spend a bit on players to stamp his label on the team but he was happy with our form and decided to make do with what we have. He instead turned players such as Jordan Rhodes into key players for us rather than signing that striker from elsewhere. I'm looking forward to continuing the journey with such a talented attacking manager and hope to see the form continue which seen us blow teams off the park- including a 5-0 win over QPR in December which was a particular highlight with them flying so high in the table"

Michael's Thoughts
View attachment 172329

It's been four months since I last updated you all on Wolves and that is a long time. Only in the length of a football season though overall in history it isn't that long. Anyway 23 matches strap yourself in. Well actually don't as you can't really unless you are in a car then you should unless you are driving over an ice lake then don't.

October

West Ham 3-2 Wolves

Ruben Garcia 8, Payet 14, 50 Surman 7, Wilson 19

We took the lead and then lost it and when you lose the lead you have to score to try and get a point and we didn't score after falling behind so we lost.

Wolves 1-0 Norwich

Bamford 9

We scored the only goal and when you score the only goal of a game you should win it unless it is ruled out or the other team gets a wrongly awarded goal. Dragowski was MOM so we likely played on the counter which is good if you win but, bad if you lose.

Wolves 0-0 Swansea

As we had an extra man late on I would have liked to win but, our team was poor (on the pitch not financially, they are probably all doing well financially) and when you play badly winning is a sign of champions, I don't know what drawing when playing badly is I'll say it is the sign of survivors.

Stoke 0-2 Wolves

Wilson 51, 56

It was a team performance, well I guess all performances are team performances so it was a good team performence and Wilson grabbed a second half brace to give us the win.

View attachment 172328
Cough Cough wrong Cough cough

Leicester 2-2 Wolves

Kramaric 14, Inler 76, Wilson 4 Bamford 17 (pen)

When you lead twice you want to win, well actually you always want to win but, you should win when you lead twice but, we didn't and we got a point.

November

Man Utd 2-1 Wolves

Mata 8, 67 Wilson 72

A good game but, you have to do better at Old Trafford. Unless they play really badly then good could get you a point but, we played a team that were doing well so we failed to win.

Arsenal 2-1 Wolves

Cazorla 57, Sanchez 61, Afobe 85

Another close game against a big team and we come out on the wrong end again. Arebeloa had two poor games but, has been up against top players. You have to do well vs big teams and big teams are big as they win and they are big so the won.

Wolves 0-2 West Brom

Sanches 44, Campbell 80

Kicked to pieces by a Pulis side and we aren't able to score and we let goals in. Losing is never good, unless you have won first leg by a bigger margin than you lose the second leg then losing is a good thing but, this is in the league not a two legged contest so losing is bad.

Aston Villa 0-1 Wolves

Wilson 101

We are into the cup semi final where losing may bot be a bad thing if we can win the first leg. November was a bad month as we lost all the games but, we get a good win over Villa and the Capital One Cup has been a highlight this season as we have done well in it.

December

The month could be worse than the last one as there are more games that we could lose but, I hope we don't obviously as I own the team and want them to do well.
Wolves 1-2 Q.P.R.

Wilson 46, Fer 7, Sane 39

When they score two and you score one it will end in a loss unless they have a goal ruled out which they didn't so it is league loss number 4 in a row and we are generating a lot of negative momentum which we must get rid of.

Everton 1-3 Wolves

Firmino 5, Reine-Adelaide 9, Bamford 11, Wilson 63

What a result we do well and can get some good momentum going 3 goals makes it likely for us to win and we did.

Wolves 1-1 Sunderland

Bamford 40, Zaza 26

A point is 1 of the 40 that may or may not get us survival but, hopefully does get us survival as the TV money is good and would make the fans happy if we survive.

Stoke 1-1 Wolves

Joselu 89, Reine-Adelaide 59

Almost the double but, when the other side scores late on to go ahead or level the game is always likely to end that way

Wolves 1-1 Southampton

Afobe 3, Rodriguez 41

Some more good results as we go four games unbeaten which is the good momentum that the team need to help us survive.

Derby 1-2 Wolves

Ince 40,Wilson 80, Iorfa 83

Iorfa has his second goal that is our second goal of the game in our second win of the month coincidence yes. When you score a late goal to go ahead it is likely that you will win and we did. 5 games unbeaten

COC semi final leg 1

Wolves 0-3 Arsenal

Hojberg 47, Zapata 64, Tevez 75

Make that 5 games unbeaten in the league. Arsenal can now afford to get a good loss in the second leg now.

FA Cup
Wolves 1-2 Liverpool

Afobe 77, Lallana 7, Alcacer 11

Get in great result nice win and into the next round. I mean disappointing to go out but, it was a good team we faced and it lets us focus on the league.

Wolves 2-0 Crystal Palace

Lucas Piazon 51, 70

Piazon did well and scored twice but, Dragowski was MOM which means he probably made lots of saves that means we likely defended for a lot of the game and were lucky to win as the team that attacks more is more likely to win.

Man City 4-1 Wolves and Chelsea 0-3 Wolves

We aren't unbeaten for six league games anymore

Wolves 3-2 Tottenham

Bamford 5, Arbeloa 25, Wilson 37, Moura 4 Kane 14

Nice to get back to winning ways but, it is Tottenham so anything else would have been totally unacceptable

COC

Arsenal 1(4-1)1 Wolves

Zapata 89 (pen) Bamford 54

We almost forced Arsenal to accept a good loss but, they scored a late goal to level so it was likely the game would end level. A good run in the cup to the Semi's

Newcastle 2-2 Wolves

Rooney 2, 10 Reine-Adelaide 45 Wilson 52

When you are two goals down people don't expect much but, when we made it two all we had a much better chance and earned a good point

Overall 10 points clear of the drop and 11th a great first season back in the league

Wolves Press secretary "Anyone know if someone normal is offering a job like Kim Jong-Un because I want to work anywhere but here"​

Had a busy week, will do an update over the weekend, hopefully containing February as well! ;)

February update will be out tomorrow. Just got through the entire House of Cards season in one sitting :P

So, the tomorrow of two days ago is today? This keeps confusing me! ;)

In the process of simming now. Lost hope for United after Mata got sent off. :P

Will be Feb + March.

Feb + March Mini-Update

SEASON 2: FEBRUARY + MARCH

Like this last update, this will also be a short one.

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 171361

Yet another reshuffling of the Premier League table as Arsenal find themselves at the top. Tottenham climb back into the top 4, while Chelsea drop out. Meanwhile, Derby County look certain to be relegated. Swansea City, who were so good last year, find themselves in 19th place.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Round of 16

View attachment 171358

Absolute ripper by Leverkusen against Barcelona! Chelsea also pull out an away goals victory against Real Madrid.

Quarter-Finals Draw

View attachment 171357

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE

Round of 32

View attachment 171355

Round of 16

View attachment 171354

Quarter-Final Draw

View attachment 171351

FA CUP

Fourth Round

View attachment 171349

Fifth Round

View attachment 171347

Sixth Round

View attachment 171346

Semi-Final Draw

View attachment 171343

GAME SAVE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FT_NYZsQ_cSDZ6YlVwaDkzbG8/view?usp=sharing

So will Derby go down or survive thanks to a great run of form that they carry on into the next season to give themselves a good chance of winning the league. It's one or the other, possibly

View attachment 171378

Season 2016-17
December-January Update
Premier Division

vBMfvRe.jpg

So it was away up north to Newcastle for the first game in December. Newcastle's Jordan Rhodes opened the scoring after only 2 minutes and then Sead Kolasinac got a straight red card after 14 minutes and we were up against it from there on in. Somehow we managed to equalise through Federico Fernández in the 23rd minute. And so it remained until the 53rd minute when Newcastle re-took the lead when Etienne Capoue hit the net. Nothing else occured and the Toon ran out 2-1 winners.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Ashley Williams 8.1
--------------------
Next up was West Ham at home for the Monday night live game on TV. It was a poor match which the Hammers won 1-0 through a 56th minute goal from Serge Gnabry. Nothing much to say about the Swans performance at all.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Steven N'Zonzi 8.1
--------------------

Then we were away to Norwich where we ran out 2-0 winners. Goals from André Ayew after 19 minutes and then Steven N'Zonzi on the hour mark secured the three points.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Marco van Ginkel 8.4
--------------------

Back home to take on Leicester and again we didn't turn up to play. Leicester played us off the park running out 3-0 winners. All three goals coming in the first half with Jamie Vardy opening the scoring after 27 minutes. Mati Fernández netted in the 34 minute and Shinji Okazaki ended the scoring in the 41st minute.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Marlon 7.3
--------------------

Our Boxing Day fixture saw us travel down to London to take on Crystal Palace. And it was Palace that took the lead after 12 minutes when Yohan Cabaye scored. Then in the 50th minute Glyfi Sigurdsson popped up with an equaliser for us and the game ended 1-1.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Federico Fernández 7.8
--------------------

On Hogmanay we faced a very difficult trip to Old Trafford to play title chasing Man Utd. Iago Falqué scored in the 32nd minute to give us a 1-0 half time lead. Then Bafétimbi Gomis doubled our lead after 48 minutes. The game then turned on its head when Neil Taylor picked up a second yellow card and we went down to 10 men with 38 minutes still to go. United made the man advantage count when Dele Alli got one goal back in the 64th minute. But we looked like we would hold on for a fantastic victory only for Paulo Dybala to equalise in the 90th minute and earn a point for Man Utd.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Lukasz Fabisnski 7.6
--------------------

Our first league game of the new year was a visit to play West Brom and in a very even match both sides came away with a point after a goalless draw making it three league draws in a row.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Kyle Naughton 8.5
--------------------

Arsenal then came to the Liberty and to be honest they played us off the park. Swansea were probably lucky to escape with only a 2-0 defeat. Paul Pogba in the 25th minute and Alexis Sánchez in the 67th minute scoring the goals for the Gunners.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Ashley Williams 7.4
--------------------

Next up was another trip to London, this time to play QPR who we dominated from the very first minute. In fact we only allowed them the one attempt on goal that missed the target anyway. Sergio Araujo scoring his first league goal of the season in the 4th minute and then Jonjo Shelvey claiming all three points after netting in the 65th minute.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Jonjo Shelvey 8.0
--------------------

Back home to face Everton but again we never turned up. Everton ran away with a 3-0 victory with goals from Romelu Lukaku (28), Andrija Zivkovic (35) and Roberto Firmino (61). That makes it 4 home defeats in a row in the league and the pressure beginning to grow on manager Jaap Stam.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Lukasz Fabianski 7.6
--------------------

FA Cup
FXiGqi6.jpg

The third round draw gave us a home tie against Championship side Charlton. But a blistering start by us put the tie to bed after only 24 minutes. First Bafétimbi Gomis scored in the 2nd minute and then only 2 minutes later Jefferson Montero doubled our lead and then Odion Ighalo finished the game with the third goal after only 24 minutes. Game over and a nice 3-0 victory.

View attachment 171374 man of the match - Predrag Rajkovic 8.0
--------------------

The fourth round saw us away to Preston and another quick start gave us victory. Jefferson Montero scoring in the first sixty seconds calmed any nerves and youngster Liam Cullen scoring his first goal for the senior squad after only 7 minutes was enough to secure our passage into the next round.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Dominic Ball 8.4
--------------------

Next up in the fifth round would be a home tie against the winners of the fourth round replay between Arsenal and Spurs.
Euro Cup
rwg3z9u.jpg

The final group game was a winner takes all game away in Germany against BMG. Both teams are already qualified so this game was just to try and get a slightly easier tie in the next round. Federico Fernández opened the scoring in the 12th minute only for Granit Xhaka to equalise after 28 minutes. Then three minutes into the second half, André Ayew returned our one goal advantage and we were strong enough to hold onto the lead and end up 2-1 victors and top of Group H.
View attachment 171374 man of the match - Iago Falqué 8.0
--------------------
P31USqZ.jpg

Our award for this would be a 1st knockout round tie against Turkish side Fenerbahce.
--------------------

View attachment 171374
Player of the Season

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]No. of MotM[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Ashley Williams[/TD]
[/TR]