ROCHEYB'S CUSTOM LOGO CREATION Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter rocheyb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
Last edited:
Hey Rochey, enjoyed scrolling through this thread and seeing your work. If possible, I've included a request for your queue. It's intentionally vague but if you feel as though you want an more info, just let me know.

Team Name: The Samba Boys
Colours: Yellow and Black
Year Established: 2006 (up to you whether to include)
Badge shape: Creator's choice
Features: An animal of some sort (creator's choice again, whatever inspiration you have is fine)
Any other info: Despite the name, the club is actually created for use in the Scottish lower leagues. Grateful for any efforts.

Click the big image for a larger preview:
View attachment 106989 View attachment 106988 View attachment 106987
THE SAMBA BOYS

View attachment 106986

Click the images for larger previews:

My Twitter profile has developed quite nicely since I created it a week ago, so thank you to those who have followed, Liked or Re-Tweeted me. Please continue to spread the Good Word!

View attachment 106894

I would like to extend my offering beyond just Football Manager to incorporate real amateur football clubs and even cricket and rugby clubs, and other sports. So if you or somebody you know is involved in a club that could do with a new, high definition logo, please log in and post your request here or let your friends/family know that I'm here. My service is absolutely FREE and I am happy to follow a tight brief or to bring my own creativity to it, including research into the club or its geographical area to create something meaningful and relevant.

I'm hoping to get the go-ahead from the publishers of the new Roy of the Rovers online comics to create badges for the various clubs that Melchester Rovers come up against, so I'll be posting them here if that happens. And I intend to use this thread for those real club and other sports logos, too.

To the Owners/Moderators of FM-Base:

I trust this is all OK with you. If you have any concerns, please get in touch.

My background is in marketing - I have a degree from the Chartered Institute of Marketing - graphic design and printing, and I'm using my Twitter account to learn more about that platform for the benefit of my professional career. I believe that my growing online profile will bring users to this website, both from within and outside the existing FM-playing community, and any logos that I post in this thread will serve as what designers call "proof of concept", irrespective of whether I've done them for an FM player or not. For example, there is nothing to stop one of your users taking a badge that I created for somebody else and using it in their own FM save, or from seeing one that I have created for a rugby club and asking me to do something similar for their FM team.

If I don't hear from you, I will assume that I'm free to carry on. Kind regards, rocheyb.

View attachment 106894

Last edited:
View attachment 106769 View attachment 106768 View attachment 106767
TESTWOOD UNITED (Redux)
A revised logo for a club that I used to play for, as a kid. The similarity to the Southampton badge - red-and-white stripes, an oak to represent the New Forest, waves to represent the River Test in this case (it's the Solent in the Saints badge), the Hampshire Rose, the font and the overall colourways - are all intentional: Testwood is a small village, part of the town of Totton, about 6 miles from the centre of Southampton. Most of us who played for this club went to Testwood Secondary School and supported The Saints.

View attachment 106766

Last edited:
View attachment 106446 View attachment 106445 View attachment 106444
LORDSWOOD FC
An updated version of the badge for this non-league club from Chatham, Medway in Kent. They play in the South East Counties League Premier Division. Not to be confused with the mighty Lordswood United, a boys' club in the Southampton Tyro League with whom yours truly once finished league runners-up to Eastleigh at U16 level. ID: 5103800

View attachment 106443

View attachment 106333 View attachment 106332 View attachment 106331
HERALDIC SHIELD BADGE (Generic)
I saw something similar to this while I was looking for another image online, so thought I would create my own version of it. FM always shows the club badge right next to the team name so the name doesn't have to be in the badge itself - see Wolverhampton Wanderers, for example. Suitable for a team with similar colourways to Barcelona, Genoa, Basel or Crystal Palace from a geographical area with an heraldic past (kings, knights, etc).

View attachment 106330

From a request on Twitter from @DannoWelton

View attachment 105992 View attachment 105991 View attachment 105990
HEREFORD FC
A new logo for the phoenix club from the now defunct Hereford United, using the recently replaced template of the Juventus logo as a base. Several elements to it: The ball at the top with the HFC inside it is copied from a local boys' club badge that I saw online the other day - I sometimes see ideas that I like and carry them forward into my own designs. "Hereford Football Club" is the correct name of the new club. "Forever United" is on their existing logo, so I have retained that but in a script font to differentiate it from the bold type club name. The mistletoe is the official flower of Herefordshire. The cow is a Hereford Bull, according to the site where I found it. Predominantly black-and-white but also featuring the dark red of their away kit.

View attachment 105986

From a request on Twitter for @totalfootball71 for www.thewideplaymaker.com
View attachment 105799 View attachment 105798 View attachment 105797
FREDRIKSTAD FK
This was a fun one to do due to the rich history of the Norwegian town of Fredrikstad. The existing club's badge is basically what you see in the triangular flag at the top of the Viking longship's mast in this design, so I have retained that white-and-red halves motif in this new design. The yellow Rampant Bear and Castle on a red background is the Coat of Arms of Frederick II (1534-1588) and becomes the ship's sail here. The many pointed star extending into the bottom half of the central roundel represents 'Fredrikstad festning'; the oldest remaining fortress in the world. Here's a cracking aerial photo of it: http://bit.ly/2l2v8kq

F.FK means Fredrikstad Fotballklubb. I don't know that putting the single point there is a convention in Norwegian sport, but it makes sense to me, since 'Fotballklubb' is one word in Norwegian. That diagonal highlight was in the red background I used for the bottom section, so I have extended it into the top half to make the Coat of Arms look less superimposed. The use of the black and gold in the outer circle is as per my own 'rocheyb' logo, which TheWidePlaymaker identified as one he liked. Footballs are useful in these designs to punctuate text and provide start-finish points for the eye, particularly when the text is arranged in a circle like this. The club was formed in 1903 and I sampled the yellow from the bear and castle to provide a little more variety.
View attachment 105795

Last edited:
For @totalfootball71 for www.thewideplaymaker.com
Click the images for larger previews:
View attachment 105665 View attachment 105664

View attachment 105663 View attachment 105655
THE WIDE PLAYMAKER (Redux)
Another attempt at these logos for a social media profile and website, with the benefit of a tighter brief from @totalfootball71. He specified the colour ways, provided the pit image to represent his own background and suggested the use of a Celtic Cross to represent his mother's heritage. We agreed that the No.7 was the iconic shirt number of a wide playmaker so I have used a '7' image that I found online as the basis for this design, which breaks up the space nicely. The footballer in the background is on about 80% opacity. There is a white outline around the outside of the roundel.

The first version is a stand alone logo, with the Twitter handle wrapping up the right side. I have improved the manager image by smartening up his suit and giving him a new tie. The composite version is arranged similarly to the one I did for The Gaffer earlier on, and I kind of like the subliminal sight of one of his players kicking him in the head - an experience I think we can all identify with, playing Football Manager!

EDIT: Version with a black background added, which I think suits Twitter profiles better. Twitter imposes rounded corners on the background (I think!), so I don't need to include them in the design. I stand to be corrected, though.

View attachment 105658

Last edited:
Back