Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Both

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters

shanethbcfc

Reaction score
I'm probably biased towards this one, because I'm a Blues fan, but any of you out there think Johnson or Dann should get a chance for England in a friendly. They both had fantastic seasons for us last term and if others get a chance then why shouldnt they?
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Last edited:
Both were playing Championship football the year before, so most will say no. I'm unsure, if they can keep it up for a year or two, well then why not.

Yeah a lot of people said not just yet on the official blues forum but Dann is only 23, so will probably pull on the three lions shirt at some point and Johnson is 27, so there's still time.
:)

Absolutely not, neither of them are in the same boat as Terry, Ferdinand, Jagielka, Dawson, King, Lescott, Upson etc. Just my opinion.
(Yes, I even think Upson is better)

Last edited:
Absolutely not, neither of them are in the same boat as Terry, Ferdinand, Jagielka, Dawson, King, Lescott etc. Just my opinion.

Fair enough m8 but they were two of the the most consistent centre-backs in the PL last season. They are better than Dawson and King, but that just my opinion.

Fair enough m8 but they were two of the the most consistent centre-backs in the PL last season. They are better than Dawson and King, but that just my opinion.

They aren't better than Dawson and King.

King is the 3rd best English centre back. He'd probably be the best if he hadn't been injured his entire career.

WTF are u on about better then king and dawson. Definatly not. U said it yourself ur being biast.

Yes they should play for England but my opinion is biased aswell:)

They aren't better than Dawson and King.

King is the 3rd best English centre back. He'd probably be the best if he hadn't been injured his entire career.

we don't know that..

Lets not get into an argument here but who apart from me, saw 90 minutes of every game that Blues played last season and this season, home or away, that Johnson or Dann was playing in?

Lets not get into an argument here but who apart from me, saw 90 minutes of every game that Blues played last season and this season, home or away, that Johnson or Dann was playing in?
If they were good enough they would have been called up. the argument that you've seen all 90 minutes doesnt wash because most people commenting will have seen enough of them to say they are not good enough. Capello wont have seen every single 90 minutes, but he knows they arent good enough, not yet anyway

But come on, with Kevin Davies making it into the squad for a qualifier, then every english player in the football league could make it in for a friendly

They are two good players with a great understanding who have formed a great defensive pairing.

Are they world classs? No

Are they deserving of a call up ahead of Terry and Ferdinand? No.

Are they deserving of a call up ahead of King, Dawson, Upson, Lescott, Cahill etc? Possibly.

But come on, with Kevin Davies making it into the squad for a qualifier, then every english player in the football league could make it in for a friendly
we have a lack of strikers, particularly aerial ones, we dont have a lack of centrebacks, not even the same thing. and davies isnt even in for the long term

They are two good players with a great understanding who have formed a great defensive pairing.

Are they world classs? No

Are they deserving of a call up ahead of Terry and Ferdinand? No.

Are they deserving of a call up ahead of King, Dawson, Upson, Lescott, Cahill etc? Possibly.

I agree m8

Davies was called up because a) he is a good target man and b) he has been playing in the prem for like 10 years and has been about a bit.

It was also because Heskey has just retired he is trying out other players for target men, as we were fairly desperate.

Where as Johnson and Scott Dann have only 1 or 2 seasons of exp in prem i hear, and we are not desperate for centre backs at all.

Players better then them:
*not in order*

Terry
Ferdninad
King
Dawson
Upson
Lescott
Cahill
Shawcross

Davies was called up because a) he is a good target man and b) he has been playing in the prem for like 10 years and has been about a bit.

It was also because Heskey has just retired he is trying out other players for target men, as we were fairly desperate.

Where as Johnson and Scott Dann have only 1 or 2 seasons of exp in prem i hear, and we are not desperate for centre backs at all.

Players better then them:
*not in order*

Terry
Ferdninad
King
Dawson
Upson
Lescott
Cahill
Shawcross

But with English fans moaning about Heskey, then why call-up a player exactly like him with a similar scoring record and i am not saying were desperate for centre-backs, im just saying why dont we explore new players for the future like Scott Dann, with Terry, Ferdinand, Lescott etc. gone then these are the players England will be calling-up in years to come, then why not give them the experience in a friendly match now?

I think we should give Johnson a chance in friendly at some point. Not definitely to play but to train with the squad so Capello can see what he's like in training.