Roy Hodgson Leaves Liverpool

I never thought i would say this but i hope Man Utd run riot tomorrow and net 5-6 or even more just to prove my douts about this whole situation.

You face a huge fight for number 3 though, your summer signings need to be spot on. But then under Commoli i expect your transfer to be better than previously

Absolutely. Massive massive fight for Boas.

Commolli bought Spurs tons of greats. Bale, for example. I trust him.

have you not been following the whole thing with NESV? Financially liverpool are now in a fantastic position

Could you give me a link where it shows they have 70M to spend from profits alone? I can't seem to find one.

An Intresting situation, WHAT THE **** ARE KONCHESKY AND POULSEN GONNA DO NOW???????!!!!! They are there because Roy was the manager... might have settled already there. They must be fearing for their jobs right now.

Last edited:
I never thought i would say this but i hope Man Utd run riot tomorrow and net 5-6 or even more just to prove my douts about this whole situation.
Unlikely, much as i would love to see us rip them apart. Liverpool vs United, form goes out the window, especially in a cup game. This match will be huge, and I wouldnt call us anyting else apart from very slight favourites. Expect SAF to play a full strength side

I don't see how you would know this.

They're called accounts and are released every year for every company registered in the UK. Always worth a read :)

edit: will break it down for you. £40m+ a year was going out of the club in interest payments. That money is now no longer being taken out of the club. We've had a number of very high profile sponsorship deals which have added £20m a year to revenues. We have no debt in the transfer market currently, when historically it has run around £20m. Premier League payments from home rights alone have gone up by £8m a season, foreign rights will add an awful lot more. Now obviously we've no longer got CL football, so we're down £20m a season. although we'll pull in around £5m for the UEFA cup.

Last edited:
Roy deserved more time and at least deserved till the end of the season....

I can not see it getting any better for Liverpool with Dalglish in charge.....he is not experienced in management and he will struggle big time with a club like Liverpool.

not experienced in management what r u on about he won 3 leagues with liverpool and 1 with blackburn

Mm.

Now that he is out, Rangnick and Villas Boas have the doors wide open. I am hopeful that Rangnick will get the job, as his tactical mindset is spot-on.

Woy has gone, but really Kenny... A guy who hasnt managed for a good few years now... In charge of an Premier league side... Surely this can't end well?

not experienced in management what r u on about he won 3 leagues with liverpool and 1 with blackburn

Oh and what modern day managerial experience does he have?? lol

let me put it this way.... he has not got enough managerial credential to manage Liverpool but for all I care Liverpool could be managed by Sven I was just saying how I think Dalglish will be with Liverpool. He was only appointed until the end of the season because of his reputation with the club not for his managerial credential and oh by the way.... I respect Dalglish hugely even though I am a United fan because he is risking his great reputation by taking this (H)

They cost a pound from company house.

So you pay a pound to see the financial documents, yet they have the money there to spend 70M on transfers? ..

Obviously, supporting Portsmouth, I am in no position to talk about finances but I can't bring my head round to believe this.

You all should stfu up, I feel sorry for Roy wasn't given adequate time!! Liverpool on a whole really do suck ***!!!

Well that's good news to come home to :D :D :D :D :D :D Hopefully Dalglish will do a good job, not sure yet though, reserving judgement on him until he's had some matches.

edt: just a point on Kenny as manager - have a watch of the 88/89 team. 4-2-3-1 played to perfection. He was well ahead of his time. The rest of the world has only just starting to catch up.

Woy has gone, but really Kenny... A guy who hasnt managed for a good few years now... In charge of an Premier league side... Surely this can't end well?

Oh and what modern day managerial experience does he have?? lol

oh by the way.... I respect Dalglish hugely even though I am a United fan because he is risking his great reputation by taking this (H)

Look above lads. The dominant formation being played nowadays, Kenny played it perfectly about 20 years ago. And just because he hasn't managed recently, who's to say he hasn't kept up to date. Completely different I know, but look at someone like Eddie how, had no modern day managerial experience and now look at him, flying high. The same can be said about Villas Boas as well.

So you pay a pound to see the financial documents, yet they have the money there to spend 70M on transfers? ..

Obviously, supporting Portsmouth, I am in no position to talk about finances but I can't bring my head round to believe this.

If you don't want to read it that's fine, but Zebedee is arguably the most knowledgeable person on this forum.

Look above lads. The dominant formation being played nowadays, Kenny played it perfectly about 20 years ago. And just because he hasn't managed recently, who's to say he hasn't kept up to date. Completely different I know, but look at someone like Eddie how, had no modern day managerial experience and now look at him, flying high. The same can be said about Villas Boas as well.

How can you possibly compare a 33 year old, in his first job with an Manager who hasnt managed for 15 odd years? He can try to keep up to date, but there is nothing like the real thing, just like any form of work.... You changed your tune anyway, a few days, ago you said Kenny wasn't who you wanted in charge....?