Russia World Cup 2018

Cristiano has been the better player last couple of years, not even a contest far as I'm concerned.

Ronaldo for Golden boot. He can carry his country. Messi usually goes missing despite being surrounded by World class fellow countryman.

Its how efficient he is. He's all round game has been meh for a while but the movement and how clinical he is has gotten better with age. Then again the same can be said about Messi who lead La Liga in every attacking category despite playing a deeper position.

Morocco really deserve something out of this game, outplayed Iran also and such unfortunate last min own goal. Gutted for them, play some cracking stuff, outplaying Portugal.

Messi has done poor job adapting to age and reinventing himself tbh. Grinding good stats in LaLiga is one thing but on the big stages Ronaldo has been miles ahead.

Anyway, for the really important World Cup News of the day.

Russia’s hottest World Cup fan’ turns out to be **** star

5b290cfcdda4c818338b458e.jpg

Anyway, for the really important World Cup News of the day.

Russia’s hottest World Cup fan’ turns out to be **** star

5b290cfcdda4c818338b458e.jpg

With looks like that I can almost predict, she'd make a killing doing **** and she rightly so has exploited it. :p

Messi has done poor job adapting to age and reinventing himself tbh. Grinding good stats in LaLiga is one thing but on the big stages Ronaldo has been miles ahead.

Thats because Ronaldo has reinvented himself as a poacher. Goals grab the headlines especially in the big games. However your doing Messi a disservice he carried a poor Barca side to the la liga title only losing their last game which was a game he was rested for. Most goals, most chances created, most assists and the European golden shoe all from a deeper position is still insane.

I think Messi is the better player but Ronaldo is better on the big stage, and is much more humble as a player, as mad as that sounds. He accepts his limitations and shortcomings and does what he's best at, converting into a pure scorer, whereas Messi tries to do everything for Argentina, man virtually takes the ball off his teammates for crying out loud, schoolyard headless chicken type of football. Wants everything to go through him; wants to create, dribble, score, etc. and its detrimental to the side. Ironic considering it's supposed to be Messi as the team player and Ronaldo as the individual, but not it's low-key the opposite in the bigger picture.

I would be frustrated as heck watching Messi dawdling in the width of the 18yrd box nearly 90 mins if I was an Argie fan.

I think that we should all be grateful that we can see both messi and Ronaldo playing. i guess it will take a long time until we will see another players like them for a long time

Still the team to beat if you want the cup. Lots of tight short passing as you'd expect, but they're not afraid to go route one if there's an opening.

Iran will fancy their chances against Portugal definitely. If that filthy nutmeg cross went in my god can you imagine the celebrations?

The VAR stuff is all good, but **** players must stop making the box sing. Refs need to be hard and direct on this.

The VAR stuff is all good, but **** players must stop making the box sing. Refs need to be hard and direct on this.
I think the Ref is supposed to give a yellow if they make the sign but I doubt they will just like the inconsistency with yellows when a player dives.

A player asking for a VAR review in that way is supposed to be a cautionable offence - I can't understand why this is not being upheld by the match official.

So far though, have been impressed with the VAR use - I think in England the trial was flawed in the way the referees used it. The A-League ran a trial all season and it worked pretty well, and the WC system is close to the way it was used here - the added screen at the side of the pitch is the only extra to the A-League trial.

At this point...I'm rooting for Iran. I flipped out for their offside goal. I think they deserve to move on and they may well prove it!