Russia World Cup 2018

• Thread starter Thread starter zzeezzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 49K
Well that was all kinds of *****! Columbia will be a real test. And feels like a lot of momentum has been lost. Some of our back up players simply aren’t good enough. And Pickford is gonna cost us a howler I can see it.

Hamez went off injured but dunno if that's precaution, they wasn't winning at that time so I doubt it.

People are debating that becoming 2nd in the poule is better. I believe the only real advantage is that you will have to travel less, because if you manage to reach the finals you'll play about 3 times in Moscow?

In terms of opponents it isn't much better. You'll get Colombia (with injured James or not is huge difference), then some easier opponent and then Spain or the winner of Spain. While the 1st place will have an easier 2nd round (Japan) and then the tough boys come in. So basically in theory it would be either a tough 2nd round or tough quarter final.

Well, we all know they'll be taking long shots after Pickford's performance tonight. Yeh he kept them out but he didn't ever seem capable of getting them away from the box which is worrying.

Yeah never felt confident with Pickford watching him at Everton or with England. Although the goal line clearance Cahill made would have been ruled out had it gone in I just feel like he has a howler in him and in a knockout game that could be decisive.

Yeah never felt confident with Pickford watching him at Everton or with England. Although the goal line clearance Cahill made would have been ruled out had it gone in I just feel like he has a howler in him and in a knockout game that could be decisive.

Take it from a Liverpool fan.

A HOWLER IN ANY GAME IS DECISIVE!

I don't feel confident about Colombia.. but then again how can you feel realistically confident about any knockout game with England. Only positive is we've rested majority of first team last night and should be fresh. No one particularly impressed and thought yeh lets get them starting on Tuesday. Rashford should of buried that chance, so I'd stick with Sterling, he offers good interplay with Lingard.

A day without football feels like ****, in for a treat starting tomorrow though, that's when the real business begins. God knows how Scouse and a lot of these other Liverpool supporters cope throughout all the summer not watching international football.

Yeah a full day without football just feels wrong after watching games everyday. Colombia should be a close game but hope we can get through. If Rodriguez isn’t fit it would be easier but i think he will be no way does Pekerman tell the media a player will be out given how little he talks to them.

I don't mind a 1 day break tbh. I ******* love the world cup but it just consumes your entire life for a month if you want to follow everything.

What I genuinely don't get is considering Sepp Blatter and Qatar World Cup has proven to be a sham. Why is it still happening in 2022? Plus I'm sure that's the one where they are making it 50 teams instead of 32 team tournament. Which to me is just beyond stupid I mean there are already teams in a 32 rota who are far weaker than others.

If you're that desperate for football, Champions League First Rond qualifiers later:

Lincoln Red Imps FC vs Drita KO 19:30

No idea if there's any streams around for it or anything

I don't mind a 1 day break tbh. I ******* love the world cup but it just consumes your entire life for a month if you want to follow everything.

But im getting withdrawals I need my worldcup fix asap.

If you're that desperate for football, Champions League First Rond qualifiers later:

Lincoln Red Imps FC vs Drita KO 19:30

No idea if there's any streams around for it or anything
Use to go watch Lincoln all the time a few years back. 10-15£ and shed loads of good pubs in the City. Is it on TV?

Back