Russia World Cup 2018

• Thread starter Thread starter zzeezzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 49K
I saw that blood and tears of Suarez when Suarez threw himself to the ground and asked to be assisted .. only for us to see on var that he was even barely touched

tell me a team that don't play-act as well though.

I just really want to see a new winner this year, no disrespect to Brazil but it would be kind of boring if they won after such a great tournament so far it deserves a spectacular ending.

I'd like to see someone like Mexico or Croatia or Uruguay. Mawkz saying Uruguay are not a good team is just sad, you can't appreciate their style because it beat your team. They put blood, sweat and tears into their shirt and that can only be admired. plus their defence is fantastic, if they are not a good team you could score more than 1 goal against them.
Uruguay are one of the five teams to have won multiple world cups. Think Croatia could reach the semis at least and are finally looking like that dark horse every had felt they were for the last 5 tournaments.

tell me a team that don't play-act as well though.

Many players act, but not the extent of Suarez / Neymar, their acting is sincerely pathetic and aimed at only wasting time, loads of time.

Also, Switzerland, Sweden, Croatia are some of the teams at the top of my head that I didn't see any case like that, they played like true warriors

Uruguay are one of the five teams to have won multiple world cups. Think Croatia could reach the semis at least and are finally looking like that dark horse every had felt they were for the last 5 tournaments.

Yeh I guess you're right about Uruguay, but in the context of recent tournaments and world cups they still seem like underdogs because few people ever tip them to win it at the start as strongly like Spain/Brazil/Germany etc.

I just really want to see a new winner this year, no disrespect to Brazil but it would be kind of boring if they won after such a great tournament so far it deserves a spectacular ending.

I'd like to see someone like Mexico or Croatia or Uruguay. Mawkz saying Uruguay are not a good team is just sad, you can't appreciate their style because it beat your team. They put blood, sweat and tears into their shirt and that can only be admired. plus their defence is fantastic, if they are not a good team you could score more than 1 goal against them.
That's your assumption! I can't appreciate a team that their only purpose was to score first with long balls to their forwards and right after it, the only objective was wasting time, aggresive enough to have the stopage time they wanted anytime they felt Portugal could be dangerous, typical from south american teams. They had 31% ball possession, like 3 shots on target (very effective), but consider Uruguay a good team nope. I consider uruguay a cynical team, super well organized defensively and nothing more, they have 2 top defenders and a Forward that scored a double. France will beat them easily.

England-Colombia, would love if the cafeteros wins against england in the same way Portugal was beaten by Uruguay and then would be nice to know your feeling about the game...

Last edited:
That's your assumption! I can't appreciate a team that their only purpose was to score first with long balls to their forwards after the only obejctive was wasting time typical from south american teams. They had 31% ball possession, like 3 shots on target (very effective), but consider Uruguay a good team nope, i consider uruguay a cynical team, super well organized defensively and nothing more, they have 2 top defenders and a Forward that scored a double. France will beat them easily.

It's not my assumption because it's clear from your response and general attitude that you don't like Uruguay's style of football hence why you continue to back that up.

I see world-class players like Suarez and Cavani working as hard as non-league players covering in for defensive positions, a defence that concedes very few goals and an attack that is lethal as anything in this tournament. Yet because they didn't havee the majority of possession they are not a good team... or because they waste time. All teams do this to some degree when winning. If you want a glowing inditement of sportsmanship then don't watch football anymore.

Possession is overrated if you don't back it up with the most important statistic, goals.

It's not my assumption because it's clear from your response and general attitude that you don't like Uruguay's style of football hence why you continue to back that up.

I see world-class players like Suarez and Cavani working as hard as non-league players covering in for defensive positions, a defence that concedes very few goals and an attack that is lethal as anything in this tournament. Yet because they didn't havee the majority of possession they are not a good team... or because they waste time. All teams do this to some degree when winning. If you want a glowing inditement of sportsmanship then don't watch football anymore.

Possession is overrated if you don't back it up with the most important statistic, goals.

No one is taking away the fact that uruguay indeed did work hard, but please do not even try to compare wasting time and playing possesion to what uruguay and Suarez does, Suarez simply put is a disgrace and should've seen yellow twice already this WC too,
while Uruguay shuts up shop with 11 players defending which is a valid tactic, but there's just no excuse to Suarez lack of sportsmanship, did you se Ronaldo on the floor diving and asking for assistence for his head after being barely touched on the arm?

That's your opinion, just because we don't agree, i don't have to take yours as more valid. It's the way i see football, they were effective, scored more goals...but they are cynical and dirty. Being effective and being a Great team goes a long way, they aren't!

Now **** off England!

Many players act, but not the extent of Suarez / Neymar, their acting is sincerely pathetic and aimed at only wasting time, loads of time.

Also, Switzerland, Sweden, Croatia are some of the teams at the top of my head that I didn't see any case like that, they played like true warriors

Switszerland have Shaqiri... he's just as bad at doing that stuff on his day.

Sweden waste loads of time... just look against Germany, plus that's also an example of a team who sits ultra deep and tries their utmost to keep out a goal lead.

the others on the top of my head maybe don't do it so much but they still do, even if not in this World Cup.

Sweden waste loads of time... just look against Germany, plus that's also an example of a team who sits ultra deep and tries their utmost to keep out a goal lead.

the others on the top of my head maybe don't do it so much but they still do, even if not in this World Cup.
Dont waste your time mate!

So your argument is that Shaqiri can become as bad on his day, potentially? Not looking at this WC are we, have a good afternoon.

Weird game. Russians really tight and well organized in the back, Spain just passing it sideways with no ideas. I think the own goal would have been a penalty though anyway.

What a weird game this is, Russia look like a team made up of 40 year olds mainly who are having a testimonial.

Then you have Spain who look like they are playing in a ****** park with no motivation and at the back all over the place.

Spain literally have done nothing other than the goal.

Well deserved for the Russkies. Spain are absolutely dire.

Cesc summed it up great for me there. Spain use to use possession for attacking now they only use it for defending.

And all those Rooney-style sideways long balls. Just...why.

Suffering from insomnia? Why not watch Spain play today.

Back