Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Champions League Challenge

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
West Ham Squad Overview 2021/22

Goalkeepers - Ron-Robert Zieler + Marc Jespersen
View attachment 164105View attachment 164104
Covered here for this year, no idea which player is going to be my first choice though...

Defenders - Sebastian Jung, Pablo Dragún, Winston Reid, Andreas Christensen, Bruno Martins Indi, Reece Oxford, Aaron Cresswell, Uros Nikolic

View attachment 164103View attachment 164102
Nikolic has probably developed enough to make himself first choice, although Cresswell has more big game experience.
View attachment 164101View attachment 164100
This side is much tougher, as they're both around the same level... However I might invest in a new RB next summer (If i'm still here)
View attachment 164094View attachment 164095View attachment 164096View attachment 164093
Martins Indi and Christensen are first choice, Reid is currently on a month-to-month contract as I search for a decent regen to replace him (If I can't before the transfer window shuts, I'll give him a year long contract).

Midfielders - Lewis Cook, James Ward-Prowse, Tomas Rodriguez, Mark Noble, Marc Stendera, Lincoln, Demerai Gray, Andreas Makris, Manuel Lanzini, Kristian Holm, Enner Valencia, Leroy Sané

View attachment 164086View attachment 164087View attachment 164088View attachment 164089View attachment 164085
The main area of change in the squad - Noble will barely play (15 games adds an extra year to his contract, which I don't want), Xhaka was sold to Juve for £22m after complaining about no CL football - Stendera was bought in for £18.5m as his replacement. Cook and JWP are first choice, but there will be lots of rotation here.
View attachment 164082View attachment 164083View attachment 164081
Lincoln is undisputed first choice here. Gray is backup, and looking to loan Makris out so that he can be backup next season.
View attachment 164080View attachment 164079
Lanzini first choice, trying to give Holm games where possible.
View attachment 164078View attachment 164077
Another new signing, in the form of Leroy Sané for £17m from Real Madrid. He replaces the retired Payet in our strongest attacking area.

Strikers - Danny Ings + Georges Yomby
View attachment 164075View attachment 164074
Yomby is first choice, Ings probably has one final season left then I'll ship him off.

Best Youth Prospect - Dean Jones
View attachment 164073
Developing nicely at Bournemouth, will try to fit him in the squad next season.

Oh, one more thing:
View attachment 164072
How did I not notice Ryan Giggs in the youth intake? XD Not going to be anything special though...

The new season:
View attachment 164061
Back to normal from the bookies; we perform better when predicted 7th...

Europa League Draw:
View attachment 164060
Nothing like a long Thursday night trip up to Scotland :p

Also, this is the final season I have to win the league (The challenge says the league must be won within 7 seasons, this is my 7th season). So I was wondering what I should do with the save should I fail to win the league this season - any ideas guys?

Transfer Window + August Review

Transfer Window
View attachment 164020
Not much for us :p

View attachment 164026View attachment 164025View attachment 164024
Some interesting transfers... Pavón wasn't P$G's first choice, that was Lincoln - no way I was selling, even after they offered nearly £35m!

Most Expensive Transfers of Each Month
View attachment 164023View attachment 164022View attachment 164021
Powell looks a tidy young player; Pavón and Pérez look good enough for their prices

August

Friendlies:
View attachment 164009
Once again, I organised masses of friendlies - we even had 2 called off at the last minute due to our opponents being involved in the Europa League. All in all, excellent pre-season bar an expected loss to a strong Bayern side - that was actually meant to be Reid's testimonial, but some idiot forgot to schedule it as a testimonial XD

View attachment 164012
Results:
View attachment 164008
So-so.

The game against Reading was a great start to the season, with the team clicking instantly, and Sané getting a brace on his debut was perfect. However the defence was worryingly leaky...

Swansea quickly showed us how bad the defence was, as they bombarded us with attack after attack and despite holding a 2-1 lead at one stage, we couldn't hold on.

Man United was the dullest of dull draws. 3 shots on target, 2 of them ours. Our defence wasn't troubled enough to creak, but our attackers seemed to take the day off :/

QPR gave us a much tougher game, as despite us dominating possession, they had most of the chances. For once though, our defence stood firm in the face of the pressure only for Yomby to miss a great late chance to win it for us!

League Table:
View attachment 164002
Too early to be reading into this, but can't stay down here too much longer! Board satisfied as it is at the moment.

Award:
View attachment 164001
Dragún's consistent form see him 3rd in YPotM

View attachment 164011
Results:
View attachment 164007
Through 4-2 on aggregate, simple enough.

The away leg was probably more difficult, although it looks closer than it was - a last-minute Connor Wickham goal actually gave Rangers something to play for in the 2nd leg...
Except they didn't, as they mustered 1 shot on target at the Olympic stadium. We had 6 CCC's, only putting one of them away though. The score's all that matters, and we're through!

Group Stage Draw:

View attachment 164006
I'm delighted with this draw! No-one that difficult, and no ridiculously long journeys either! Should win this comfortably without it affecting our league form :)

View attachment 164010

Third Round Draw:

View attachment 164005
Decent draw to start our re-defence of the cup. Albion are a championship side nowadays, so expecting a win!

Injury List:
None so far!

Team of the month:
Zieler, Cresswell, Christensen, Martins Indi, Dragún, Cook, JWP, Lincoln, Lanzini, Sané, Valencia

Next Time:
View attachment 164000
Got to be honest; not too challenging so expecting a good run of form!​

September + October Review
Well, you already know how most of the update went in the league but let's do a more in-depth report of the months.

View attachment 163667
Results:
View attachment 163664
Yes, those are some wins at the bottom ;)

Arsenal: Bore draw, again. We were on top though, so that's a small positive to take.
Fulham: No, just no. We took the lead early on, and then proceeded to pull off one of the most embarrassing capitulations I've seen on FM for a while.
Liverpool: Some of the players got lost on the way to Anfield. A terrible performance - one where you'd say we were lucky to get 0...
Hull: They were bottom at the time ffs! We conceded late on, as we looked like we were going to get a comfortable point and lost concentration!
Southampton: Just about, we were pegged back twice! When they equalised the second time, it was just a feeling I had that we were going to throw it away. How wrong I was :D
Crystal Palace: Consistency, what is that? Straight back down to earth with an embarrassing bang.
Middlesborough: That'll teach Chris Powell to say I'm under pressure! We controlled it from start to finish, and should have had more.

League Table:
View attachment 163653
Not in the relegation zone :D That's what I've been reduced to now, as the board seem ok with this position but their confidence dipped substantially when we hit the relegation zone...

Awards:
View attachment 163637View attachment 163638
Our terrible form doesn't affect our young players - Dragún third in September's YPotM, whilst we had a 1-2 of Rodriguez and Yomby in October

View attachment 163666
Results:
View attachment 163663
And we're out, as my new least favourite team (we've not beaten them in the last 9 attempts!) ruin my favourite competition.

West Brom:
Solid, yet unspectacular. Neil Lennon claimed we weren't a big side before the game (despite qualifying for some form of Europe for the past 7 seasons? Alright mate...) and that was the team talk sorted!
Man United: We took the lead! Then ****** it up... I honestly believed we might do it when Martins Indi gave us the lead; we might've done if we lasted more than 8 minutes into the 2nd half before letting them level. They were all over us after that, and it was inevitable.

View attachment 163665
Results:
View attachment 163662
What do you call problematic? Not the Europa League, that's for sure!

Guimares: 2-0, and we ****** it up! Honestly, we were 2-0 up at half time and just seemed to run round like headless chickens in the second half!
Bordeaux: And they're the 2nd seeds! A rarity this season, as we put in a thoroughly professional performance and put the French side to the sword.
Dundee: Why was it such a struggle? Dragún, that's why. An early red card for him put us in a difficult position, made all the more difficult when Dundee took the lead a few minutes later. We showed good character and were in the ascendancy for most of the game, but our defence nearly ruined the result - again!

Group Table:

View attachment 163652
This might just keep me in the job, as the ever optimistic board only wanted for us to reach the Group Stage and we look likely to get out of it!

Injury List:
View attachment 163630
Couple of nigglers, both will be back soon.

Team of the Update:
Zieler, Nikolic, Christensen, Reid, Jung, Rodriguez, Ward-Prowse, Lincoln, Holm, Sané, Yomby

NB: For those wondering where Valencia has been this update, we had a rather aggresive confrontation during a squad meeting. I just thought 'you're complaining and not contributing much in the games' so I sent him to the Under 21's for a couple of months. Being a complete idiot, he got himself sent off in 2 of his first 3 games for them! Hardly the way to get back in my team...

Board Confidence:
View attachment 163631
A team of West Ham's stature, down in the bottom half of the league = A secure job XD That is one stupid board! The fans usually love my transfers in but hate my dealings outwards... So if they had there way, we'd have a 30-odd strong squad...

Preview:
View attachment 163642
Not that it makes much difference, but at least the big games are spread out somewhat.

Job Interview Offer

View attachment 163617
Yes, it would offer me a way out of the hellish form we're in at the moment. But Sevilla are in even worse form, and in the La Liga relegation zone. Plus their squad is significantly weaker than West Ham's so it would be a bigger job (Only decent players they have is Son Heung-Min, Pione Sisto, an old Krychowiak, an injured Destro and a poorly developed Praet. That's it.)

So, unless anyone really thinks otherwise, it's a thanks but no thanks to them​

Definitely stick with West Ham mate, this is a Alex Ferguson challenge after all ;) and also it happens to be on bad form but I'm sure you'll turn it around soon enough!

Definitely stick with West Ham mate, this is a failing Alex Ferguson challenge after all ;) and also it happens to be on bad form but I'm sure you'll turn it around soon enough!
Just had to make a slight correction to that :p Thanks for the encouragement as well!

View attachment 163574
Here we go again...

Points total time: 9
Fixtures (I'm assuming it's only league games :p):
Tottenham (2nd) - Away
Leicester (12th) - Home
Derby (10th) - Away
Villa (9th) - Home
Stoke (14th) - Away

I'm sorry, but if we can't find 9 points from that run then I do actually deserve to be sacked!

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it :p

Just changing it up slightly during the rough patch, gonna do one update now up until the last game before the board meeting - and then take it game by game for the 5 games after that!

View attachment 163563

It started off perfectly, as we demolished Dundee at the Olympic Stadium in our best performance this season.
Norwich bought us back down to earth straight away, as our 61% possession amounted to 1 shot on target.
Man City were next, and they took advantage of our terrible form to put 4 past us. We were level at half time!
The Europa League had been our saving grace this season, but Guimaraes decided it was time to ruin even that, coming from behind to defeat us at the Olympic Stadium - with the aid of Sebastian Jung's red card.
Chelsea were in town next, and Diego Rolan put another nail in my coffin with his brace taking us down into the relegation zone and prompting the board to take action.

Game 1 - Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

View attachment 163562
One question: Where the ******* **** has this performance been all season?! A super performance from the lads, and Yomby was at his clinical best to ensure we get the first 3 of the 9 points needed. One blot was Martins Indi getting a red card towards the end.

Up next - Bordeaux + Leicester (Done together as still not sure if the Bordeaux game counts)

NB Going to post the Bordeaux result just in case I don't meet the points target

Match 1.5 - Bordeaux vs West Ham

View attachment 163455
Shame it doesn't count towards the points target :p We reacted well to going behind for once, and Yomby again dragged us out of the mess with a well taken finish and a good cross for Sané's goal. This ensures we top the group, so should get an easier draw (for if I'm still in the job).

Match 2 - West Ham vs Leicester
View attachment 163454
The European hangover affected us despite Yomby's best efforts. JWP gave away the penalty for Mahrez to score, after nearly gifting a last minute equaliser to Bordeaux in midweek! Definitely dropped for the next game as he is out injured for it XD

Points Total: 4/9
Games Left: 3

Another Job Interview Offer

View attachment 163452
Lyon are next to offer me an interview, and I did actually consider this one for a little bit. They have some actual talent in their squad unlike Sevilla - Rabiot (albeit with a pre-arranged transfer to Bayern in place), Fekir, Aubameyang, Grenier and Kolasinac for example. But, as Linecoigne has said - this is an Alex Ferguson challenge (and even though I doubt I'll win the title this season, I like the squad we have here) so I'll only be leaving when the board decide they don't want me. After all, as the past couple of weeks have shown, it won't be hard to get a job if I do get sacked!​

Another Job Interview Offer

View attachment 1038722
Lyon are next to offer me an interview, and I did actually consider this one for a little bit. They have some actual talent in their squad unlike Sevilla - Rabiot (albeit with a pre-arranged transfer to Bayern in place), Fekir, Aubameyang, Grenier and Kolasinac for example. But, as Linecoigne has said - this is an Alex Ferguson challenge (and even though I doubt I'll win the title this season, I like the squad we have here) so I'll only be leaving when the board decide they don't want me. After all, as the past couple of weeks have shown, it won't be hard to get a job if I do get sacked!​
if you get sacked (not thinking you'll be sacked) you can decide to do a journeyman, a youth challenge or a champions league challenge, cause those were the other options in the poll ;)

if you get sacked (not thinking you'll be sacked) you can decide to do a journeyman, a youth challenge or a champions league challenge, cause those were the other options in the poll ;)
I'd probably make it a journeyman save tbh, can't imagine having 2 long stints at 2 different clubs in the same save!

Match 3 - Derby County vs West Ham
View attachment 163444
What a game! We showed tremendous character to come from behind not once, nor twice, but 3 times! Yes, we did edge the game overall, but Derby were a threat throughout so I think a draw is a fair result. Rescued once again by star players Yomby and Sané - I know who to thank if I stay in the job :p

Points Total: 5/9
Games Left: Just 2!

Europa League Draw
View attachment 163443
The reward for winning the group? A nice long trip to Russia. Great.
Get past them, and it will most likely be Wolfsburg next.​

Match 4 - West Ham vs Aston Villa
View attachment 163439
Another win! Another brace for Georges Yomby - he's hitting form at the correct time, with a whopping 11 goals in his last 6 games! We just need to avoid defeat at Stoke to keep me in this job! That will also conveniently be the last match of the year :p So will do a final update for November and December as well, but with less detail than normal as pretty much every game has been covered XD

Points Total: 8/9
Games left: 1

****** Typical!

I guess it's pretty obvious by the title what happened.
View attachment 163428

Should've expected it I suppose, we were in good form after all!

Stoke, on a cold midweek in December. Of course we couldn't do it. 3-0 to them, we never showed up.
Which of course meant I fell 1 point short of the target (****** board refusing to lower it -_-) and:
View attachment 163427
It's over.

I will still do a review of my final 2 months in charge and then this will change to a journeyman save (unless anyone desperately wants it to become something else :p ). I will most likely focus on the Spain job (which I casually omitted from posting in the thread following the disaster that was the France job) up to and including the World Cup in the summer before looking for a new club - unless something brilliant turns up.

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot!​