• Champions League Challenge

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
February + March Review

View attachment 177731
Results:
View attachment 177728
Overall, pretty good - we've now only lost once in 14 league games. But, it was a very damaging loss to Arsenal and it could cost us at the end of the season. It was deserved for them with their star studded squad (A front 3 of Sanchez, Bale and Higuain ffs!).

EDIT: Forgot the screenshot, but the Bournemouth game was the 200th in this save for me! And I believe that the Derby game in April will be my 200th as WHU boss!

League Table:
View attachment 177725
Down to 3 teams realistically. We're at a disadvantage due to our GD, and we have to rely on the teams above us slipping up now. Good thing they have tougher run-ins than us!

View attachment 177730
Results:
View attachment 177727
We've sailed through the rounds relatively comfortably whilst avoiding the big teams.

Draw:

View attachment 177724
And our fairly easy run continues! If we beat them, it's either Spurs or City in the final though.

View attachment 177729
Results:
View attachment 177726
COME ON! This is so disappointing, how are we meant to do well against the elite of Europe if we can't even beat ****** Leverkusen?! I lost my rag at the team after the 2nd leg, and Ogbonna took exception to me fining him despite being at fault for both of their goals!
Still, at least we can focus on the title challenge now...

Hammer of the Update
View attachment 177723
Willian - I'm sorry, but if this guy doesn't win our player of the season then our fans are deluded. He has been nothing short of sensational so far!

Injury List
A first! No-one is injured, which can only be good news!

April + May Preview
View attachment 177722
Is it destiny that the last game of the season is at OT? We really shouldn't have any problems up until then, can we hold our nerve?

P.S. If it gets close enough I will be splitting it into an April and May update

Last edited:
April + Some of May Review

View attachment 177692
Result:
View attachment 177690
Well, it look a lot longer than I would have liked - but we're in the final again and will have the chance to defend our trophy against Champions League holders and current Semi-Finalists Manchester City.

View attachment 177691
Results:
View attachment 177687
It started well enough, as we nearly clawed back the GD deficit but then we just seemed to freeze as the prospect of the title suddenly hit us. Derby was my 200th game in charge of the Hammers as well!
View attachment 177686

However we since got back on track, to leave the table looking like this ahead of the final day:

View attachment 177682

So, in short - if we better Arsenal's result, we will most likely win the league due to GD. However if we both lose, then Chelsea can pip us both to the league.

And this is the final set of fixtures for the 2018/19 Barclays Premier League Season:

View attachment 177680

All 3 teams have tough away games against teams in the top half. And spare a thought for the guy with the trophy - he'll have to speed either to Manchester or the South Coast to present it :P

The next post will be a double in-depth report: The final day as it happened, and the FA Cup Final.​

View attachment 1023285
EXCLUSIVE: THE DRAMA ON THE FINAL DAY

View attachment 177654View attachment 177653View attachment 177652

It's a battle of the London clubs on the final day of the season, as Ryan Giggs' West Ham look to hold off Marcelino's Chelsea and Frank De Boer's Arsenal to win their first ever Premier League title. All 3 teams face difficult away trips as Chelsea go to the south coast to play Southampton, Arsenal are nearby playing Bournemouth, and the leaders are away at Giggsy's old club - Manchester United. A win will be enough to guarantee the title for the Hammers, although a draw would be enough as long as Arsenal don't win and Chelsea win by less than 4 clear goals. A defeat, and they have to hope for a few favours from elsewhere.

Team News
Manchester United vs West Ham
United: In the midst of a mini-injury crisis - Laporte and Januzaj should be back for the game, but Schneiderlin, Mata, Mario Fernandes and Darmian were all ruled out of contention by Guardiola in his news conference.
West Ham: Clean bill of health, will be at full strength with 2 weeks preparation for the biggest game of West Ham's history.

Bournemouth vs Arsenal
Bournemouth: Harry Wilson misses out due to the flu
Arsenal: Ante Coric is a big doubt as he seeks to recover from knee tendonitis - it's unlikely he will be risked. Keita, Cazorla and Koscielny all have niggling injuries so may be rested.

Southampton vs Chelsea
Southampton: Chris Smalling out through illness
Chelsea: Injury has suddenly plagued them at the last minute! Tobias Figuerido might make it but Hazard, Ødegaard, Sigurosson and Alcacer all miss out.

3pm: Kick off! Who will rise to the occasion? Who will fall flat? We will find out over the next 90 minutes of football!
3.03pm: The worst possible start for West Ham! Sofiane Feghouli nets after Ki's effort was blocked. 1-0 to United - Arsenal win the league as it stands!
3.09pm: Maybe West Ham do have the nerve after all? They level at Old Trafford - Dimitri Payet with the goal. 1-1 - they will win the league as it stands!
3.10pm: Arsenal take the lead at Bournemouth through Gareth Bale. 0-1 there, and Arsenal return to the summit.
3.15pm: Irrelevant as things stand, but Southampton take the lead through Sadio Mané - 1-0 there, effectively ruling Chelsea out of the running for the moment.
3.24pm: Disaster for West Ham! Ogbonna heads into his own net! 2-1 to United, Arsenal streaking clear at the top now!

3.45pm: The half time whistles blow - scores as follows:
Manchester United 2-1 West Ham
Bournemouth 0-1 Arsenal
Southampton 1-0 Chelsea

AS THINGS STAND:

1. Arsenal - 75 points
2. West Ham - 73 points
3. Chelsea - 71 points

Still all to play for though.

4.00pm: Here come the teams for the 2nd half, can West Ham reclaim their position at the summit?

4.45pm: Literally nothing happened in those second halves - all the results stay the same which means one thing:
View attachment 177629

Harsh on West Ham, they were brilliant all season but just fell short under the pressure. However, they have a chance to redeem themselves in the FA Cup final against Man City- who will also have a good reason to want to win it, having finished 5th and gone out in the CL semi-finals to Olympiakos of all teams!

View attachment 177654 VSView attachment 177627

Here we go again, the FA Cup final between Ryan Giggs' West Ham and José Mourinho's Manchester City.

Lineups:
View attachment 177615

Both teams are missing one key player - West Ham are without Winston Reid due to suspension, while Man City have to be without Pablo Zabaleta due to injury

3.00pm: Kick off - which of these teams will be smiling in just under 2 hours time?
3.08pm: Aguero hits the post! He found half a yard, and fired goalwards. Zieler was beaten, that's for sure!
3.15pm: Lanzini's freekick causes mayhem in the City box, as both Ogbonna and Cook have shots blocked before it's cleared
3.20pm: A nice move by City ends with Baba Rahman 1 on 1 with Zieler. But the chance fell to the wrong person as Rahman gets it all wrong!
3.22pm: A lovely ball by Noble evades the head of Mele, leaving Payet clear. Hart does well to deny him twice though!
3.25pm: Payet bundles Sterling over in the box! Penalty to City! Aguero chooses his spot... and is denied by Zieler!!! What a stop from the German!
3.33pm: Willian goes flying down the wing, as he has done so often this season. He looks up and floats a cross in - it's met by the head of Valencia... What a super save by Hart! How did he keep that out?!
3.37pm: Barkley spots a gap in the West Ham defence and drives into it. He runs into Noble... Penalty! Again!
It's John Stones this time... he runs up and sends it towards the bottom corner. Saved again by Zieler! What a game he's having! West Ham owe him a lot if they win this!
3.41pm: Cook and Willian find some space in the box, but Hart denies them both!

3.45pm: Half Time - no question as to who West Ham need to thank for it still being 0-0. Zieler has been simply superb!

4.00pm: Here come the teams for the 2nd half.
4.06pm: City blink first, removing Sterling for KDB.
4.15pm: Not much action as west Ham replace Payet with Demerai Gray.
4.16pm: City going for the jugular, bringing on Kondogbia and Berahino for Roberto and Aguero. That's all 3 subs used already.
4.20pm: A cross by Cuadrado is headed wide by Berahino.
4.21pm: Barkley lofts a ball over the top - Berahino is in... and he shows Stones and Aguero how to do it, tapping past Zieler from close to the penalty spot. 1-0 to Man City.
4.32pm: West Ham make their last changes - bringing on Oxford and Sakho for Burke and Valencia.
4.47pm: Last chance for the Hammers as Lanzini swings in a freekick. But it's poor and easily cleared.
4.48pm: Full Time, and Zieler's heroics aren't enough as West Ham fall short, again!

View attachment 177609

A really disappointing end to what had been an extremely promising season. Oh well, we go again next year!​

West Ham End Of Season Overview

Team of the Year
View attachment 177259
Willian gets in :D But he's forced to be a CM for some reason..

Player's Young Player
View attachment 177253
Still my big problem, 24 is not young!

Players Player of the Year
View attachment 177252
Well, he was top scorer...

Manager of the Year
View attachment 177251
His dramatic win sees him claim it

Golden Glove
View attachment 177250
The new addition to the BPL goalies club instantly wins the Golden Glove.

Top Goalscorer
View attachment 177249
Sakho and Ings finished level with 11 each.

Footballer of the Year
View attachment 177248
Sanchez deemed to be the best of the superstar gunners.

WHU End of Season Stuff

General Awards
View attachment 177258
Willian at 10%... o.O The West Ham fans are mental!

Confidence
View attachment 177257
Standard. Not getting sacked anytime soon.

Injury Report
View attachment 177256
Injuries don't bother us... only Gray going out for a while...

Overall Best XI
View attachment 177255
That's basically this season's XI...

Season Review
View attachment 177254
If only we didn't have that poor start...

Competitions Elsewhere
Serie A
View attachment 177265
Comfortable win for Juve, Fiorentina the big disappointment in 12th.

Primeira Liga
View attachment 177264
Decent win for Porto, all the big 3 will be in the CL next season.

Ligue 1
View attachment 177263
Monaco defend their title by hitting the big 100 mark! Le Havre are also unlucky not to get Europe after a great season.

Liga BBVA
View attachment 177262
Real amass an astonishing 104 points, and bang in 103 goals for their troubles.

Eredivisie
View attachment 177261
Bit of a shocker as Feyenoord win the league! Twente and Vitesse both had really poor seasons.

Bundesliga
View attachment 177260
Back to the summit for Bayern, now managed by a certain Klopp (Jurgen...)

Champions League
View attachment 177228
A strong Juve finally win the title, after beating the surprise package of Olympiakos in the final!

Europa League
View attachment 177229
A strong Europa League knockout set, with Bayern eventually triumphing.​

heart breaking stuff mate. really tough when your got to beat the manchester clubs to do the double.

heart breaking stuff mate. really tough when your got to beat the manchester clubs to do the double.
Cheers man, seems our luck just deserted us when we needed it. Hopefully the new signings can make a difference this season so we don't have to endure that again!

Transfer Window Review + August
I finally gave in this window, and decided to splash our hard-earned cash.

OUT

View attachment 176957
3 first teamers leave.

Willian
View attachment 176956
One decent season and the moneybags came in. As soon as I rejected the first bid he said he wanted to leave for a higher wage. I said I could have him a pay rise and he bitched at me for thinking he wanted to leave for money... No-one is bigger than the club so we cashed in. And he got his desired massive wage packet. No way we'd have payed him £235k p/w...

Fabian Delph
View attachment 176955
This one more happened as a result of a transfer in - I just didn't think he'd get anywhere near enough game time so I let him leave.

Diafra Sakho
View attachment 176954
Probably the hardest one to let go, especially for so little - but he's really declined over the summer for some reason (even if he's started well at Torino) and I had a better player lined up to replace him.

IN
View attachment 176952

Lincoln
View attachment 176947
This one confirms us as a big club! We beat off competition from Real Madrid, Bayern and Juve to land this kid - he'd better live up to it! He's versatile, and currently being trained as an AMR to eventually be first choice there.

James Ward-Prowse
View attachment 176948
One of the best English talents out there, and our new record signing at £23m. I'm confident he can add that extra bit of quality to our midfield - and make us more of a threat from set pieces.

Marc Jespersen
View attachment 176949
Well it was arranged in January but he arrives now to replace Valdés. Will play in every cup competition to build him up for the future.

Andreas Christensen
View attachment 176950
I never even knew he was at Real! But he was never going to get a game there, so we stepped in. He's now our best defender.

Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez
View attachment 176951
He's back in the BPL, and hopefully with a load of goals to come! I feel he's an upgrade on Sakho, and along with Ings makes for a good strikeforce!

Elsewhere
View attachment 176942View attachment 176943View attachment 176941
Big deals...
Morata goes for a mind-blowing £49m, Leo is bought in to replace him. Kane goes to Man City, while Arsenal add Jackson Martinez, Goncalo Guedes and Baba Rahman to their very own 'Galacticos'.

As the transfer window isn't yet shut, I'll update here with any major deals done before the deadline!

August Review

View attachment 176946
Results:
View attachment 176939
No goals conceded - Christensen has been excellent. We should've lost to Sunderland though. And Stoke... :D :D I'll take more performances like that this season!

Table:
View attachment 176937
A solid start means we're near the top for a change! Let's hope we can keep it up!

Awards:
View attachment 176929
2 players in the top 3 for Player of the Month - Lincoln takes it in his debut month!

View attachment 176928
Our form sees me 3rd in Manager of the Month

View attachment 176927
Lewis Cook hit a thunderbolt in the thrashing of Stoke and it comes 2nd in Goal of the Month

View attachment 176926
Makris comes 2nd in Young Player of the Month at Huddersfield.

View attachment 176936
Draw:
View attachment 176933
Nice easy game against the holders!

View attachment 176935
Draw:
View attachment 176932

Easy draws galore! The holders, the 2nd toughest 3rd seeds and the toughest 4th seeds!

Hammer of the Month
View attachment 176921
Well he won Player of the Month, I can hardly not give him Hammer of the Month!

Injury List
Nothing to report!

September/October Preview
View attachment 176922

Some quality signings there mate, looks like a big season ahead!
Thanks man, yet to test ourselves against a tough side but it looks like it could be a successful season if we stay lucky with injuries! Only got 3 seasons left to win the title in anyway, otherwise I'm not as good as Fergie :P

Thanks man, yet to test ourselves against a tough side but it looks like it could be a successful season if we stay lucky with injuries! Only got 3 seasons left to win the title in anyway, otherwise I'm not as good as Fergie :P
You will get it done on the last season, thats my bet.

September + October Review

View attachment 175331
Results:
View attachment 175328
A mixed bag for sure, with a dreadful run in the middle. The Southampton game was infuriating - it was 2-0 to us as the clock hit 89 minutes! Thankfully we started to recover our form in October, going unbeaten.

League Table:
View attachment 175317
Well, the top 2 are racing clear with the rest struggling to stay consistent. We remain in the top 4 for the moment, hopefully we can build on October's form and attempt to close the gap to the top 2. Meanwhile, look at Liverpool :D (Sorry to all the Liverpool fans who read this!)

Awards:
View attachment 175325
The one bright spot of September was Lanzini and he came 3rd in Player of the Month.

View attachment 175324
Our unbeaten October saw me come 3rd in Manager of the Month

View attachment 175323
Lincoln's excellent form during that run saw him claim Young Player of the Month. Just a side note, one has to feel for Reine-Adelaide - he's been 2nd in Young Player of the Month for all 3 months of the season so far!

View attachment 175330
Results:
View attachment 175327
Not the easiest of routes so far, but we've played probably our best football in these games.

Draw:
At the time of the update, the draw hasn't been made IG.

View attachment 175329
Results:
View attachment 175326
Shambolic. Utterly shambolic. Who loses 4-1 at home to Anderlecht and expects to get through?! We did improve for the tough away games, but a lack of a cutting edge cost us - also, Juve scored in the 93rd minute!

Group Standings:
View attachment 175316
As expected with those results, we are helplessly stranded at the bottom of the group needing a minor miracle to get through now.

Hammer of the Update
View attachment 175315
Again, it's Lincoln! He's definitely going to play a major part in this season!

Injury List
View attachment 175314
A couple of niggling injuries, and a more serious one for Jespersen which means Zieler is currently on cup duty as well.

November + December Preview

View attachment 175313
Just the 13 games! Including our traditional tough Christmas run!

5 Positioning on Chicharito is probably the worst piece of scouting on any stat in the entire game.

5 Positioning on Chicharito is probably the worst piece of scouting on any stat in the entire game.
Wow, I hadn't even noticed that! He definitely doesn't behave like he has that low a positioning stat thankfully!

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, but stuff keeps coming up which has limited me to 2/3 games a day. Update should be out either tonight or tomorrow though!

Once more, sorry for the delay guys

November + December Review

View attachment 172912
Results:
View attachment 172908
A bit inconsistent in November, but excellent throughout an exceptionally tough December - United totally fluked their win, Guardiola even admitted it! And look at the Chelsea result!!!!
Also, debuts for Seb Meakin (CB) and Luis Gibbons (RB) in the Everton game - Gibbons played better in my eyes, including making a game-winning block in injury time - but Meakin got the higher rating.

League Table:
View attachment 172904
Despite still being unbeaten, United are far from running away with it. Arsenal have a solid gap to 3rd and then it's a massive dogfight from 3rd to 9th!

Awards:
View attachment 172896
Decembers form sees me 2nd in Manager of the Month.

View attachment 172897
And Lincoln takes his 3rd successive Young Player of the Month (Screenshots got jumbled up)

View attachment 172898View attachment 172899
A pair of youngsters impressing out on loan.

View attachment 172900
Lincolns YPotM for November

View attachment 172911
Results:
View attachment 172906

Just the one game, and we go through comfortably to the semis

Draw:
View attachment 172903
Well, we've come the hard way so it's only fair to carry on that way!

View attachment 172910
Results:
View attachment 172907
Late goals derailed our comeback with Juve equalising in the 89th minute and Anderlecht scoring the winner in the 91st minute! At least we got a consolation win.

Final group standings:
View attachment 172901
Well, that was ****** marvellous...

View attachment 172895

Draw:
View attachment 172902
Easy draw, youngsters will play.

Hammer of the Update
View attachment 172894
Because this was totally a tough choice :P He's been sensational, and someone is most likely going to have to leave as a result of his form as there are a couple of players who I have my eye on for the RW Spot - driving either Lanzini or Gray out of the club.

Injury List
With Jung having recovered just before the New Year, we have a clean bill of health :)

January Preview
View attachment 172893
How many games?! Also, could be a busy January as there are a few players on expiring contracts that I would like to shift with a replacement lined up for each of them​

Out of nowhere:
View attachment 172877

All this time without being linked to a single job and suddenly I'm linked with Barcelona of all teams! I'm not going to pretend it wouldn't be tempting, but it would defeat the point of the challenge so I categorically denied it. Good to see my achievements aren't going unnoticed on the continent though!​

Back