• Alex Ferguson Challenge

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Youth Challenge

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Champions League Challenge

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great story just read it all good luck this season hopefully being out of europe can be a blessing in disguise for the league

Great story just read it all good luck this season hopefully being out of europe can be a blessing in disguise for the league
Thanks man, good to have another follower! I hope so, it would be a shame if it didn't help in some way!

January Transfer Window

View attachment 171404

Malcom was the big move by a mile, no activity from us (not for the lack of trying - we missed out on Martial and a French regen CB).

Also, about halfway down that list - PSG worked out didn't it Willian? :P

January Review

View attachment 171437
Results:
View attachment 171429
Another solid month bar a completely random thrashing by Southampton...

Table:
View attachment 171424
United feeling the pressure? We're down to 5th despite only dropping points twice. Liverpool begin to stir into life :/ And Forest look gone - although they have just appointed Sinisa Mihaljovic (Spelling?) in an attempt to save themselves.

Awards:
View attachment 171406
Hornby defends his YPotM at Wycombe

View attachment 171407
Makris defends his at Huddersfield

View attachment 171408
And Lincoln fails to make it a clean sweep, coming 3rd instead.

View attachment 171436
Result:
View attachment 171428
A rotated side just about see off Colchester.

Draw:
View attachment 171423
An early chance for revenge

View attachment 171435
Results:
View attachment 171427
We beat the superstars again. Twice. A comfortable 5-2 aggregate win sees us into the first League Cup final since I took over.

Draw:
View attachment 171422
Shock as Norwich overcome Man City in the other Semi Final. Gives us a much better shot at winning this trophy at last!

Hammer of the Update
View attachment 171403
Closer this time, but still Lincoln.

View attachment 171402
He did win European Golden Boy after all!

Injury List
View attachment 171401
They've both been out for most of the month.

Feb + March Preview
View attachment 171399
Tough start, but it gets easier. And we have the Cup final to look forward to​

Youth Intake 2019/20

View attachment 170925
Not really anything special, best one is Simon - already our 4th best striker (and our best youth striker by a considerable margin)

Andy Simon - ST:
View attachment 170924

I know it's not the normal style, this is because I'm planning on doing a squad overview (with screenshots in case anyone is interested) at the start of each season.​

February + March Review

View attachment 170726
Results:
View attachment 170720
Interesting, and infuriatingly inconsistent again. Losses to relegation threatened Liverpool and Forest compensated by big wins against Spurs, Derby and Bournemouth.

League Table:
View attachment 170705
Looks like we will most likely need to settle for 4th again. United's torrid form sees Arsenal open up a gap (albeit just a small one) at the top. Liverpool make a resurgence but look destined for the bottom half. Sunderland and Forest all but gone.

Awards:
Feb:
View attachment 170719
Lewis Cook's impressive February earns him 2nd in Player of the Month

View attachment 170718
Lincoln quickly reclaims his Young Player of the Month title!

View attachment 170717
Hornby comes third in YPotM in League 1 - he's had a good spell at Wycombe.

Mar:
View attachment 170716
Chicharito's great goalscoring form in the last 2 games of March are enough for him to claim Player of the Month

View attachment 170715
Lincoln retains YPotM - it's his 5th in 6 months!

View attachment 170714
Osei Addae marks his first full month on loan at Birmingham with 2nd place in YPotM for the Championship

View attachment 170713
And Hornby again takes third in YPotM in League 1

View attachment 170725
Results:
View attachment 170721
Bogey team... Our inability to hold on to a lead cost us in the second leg, as we threw away an early 2-0 lead to crash out of the cup.

View attachment 170724
Result:
View attachment 170722
We did it! The hard way though, as we threw away a 2 goal lead again... And just after I'd bought Hernandez on for the penalties, Lanzini popped up with the winner!

Hammer of the Update
View attachment 170709
2 YPotM awards mean it's this man again! Could've been Chicharito if he was more consistent throughout the update as opposed to just being unstoppable for 2 games.

Injury List
View attachment 170707
A couple of small injuries, both will miss the first game of April

End of Season Run-in
View attachment 170710
Welp... Good luck :D

End of Season Review
Another season has come to it's end, let's see how we did - Relatively short update as well as there was just 6 games, and I'll be doing an awards update at a later point.

View attachment 169626

Results:
View attachment 169627
Nice low key end to the season then XD Just the 28 goals scored in our last 6 games - definitely not last on MOTD. We were inconsistent though, as it was always a win followed by a defeat then a win again. I have no idea how we managed to fall so spectacularly from our 5-0 win over Everton to a 7-2 hammering by Arsenal...

Final League Table:

View attachment 169625
We do indeed finish 4th. United take the title on a dramatic last day - they lost 3-0, and Arsenal were poised to overtake them with a win at Bournemouth - until Bournemouth scored in the 89th and 92nd minutes to ****** a 3-2 win and gift United the title! Everton also went down on the last day - shame, as they have a few decent players in their team. Also, Chelsea and Liverpool miss out on Europe (The FA Cup final is United v Arsenal, so Spurs will get Europa)

View attachment 169622
Of course no update is complete nowadays without Lincoln's customary Young Player of the Month award.​

End of Season Stuff + Awards

Season Review
View attachment 169447
Wild comparisons between the Best and Worst matches this season - From 6 past Stoke to 7 from Arsenal... And look how stable we were throughout the season - now we just need to push on.

Our awards
View attachment 169446
Jung continues his dominance on the Fans Player of the Year - 3 in a row. Lincoln takes Signing and Young Player. Best XI is pretty much the starting XI.

Overall XI
View attachment 169445
Gray in the starting XI?! Swap him for Cook/JWP and put Payet on the left and I'd agree.

Barclays Premier League Awards

Footballer of the Year - Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
View attachment 169444
Finally hitting his best form.

Golden Boot - Vincent Aboubakar (Liverpool)
View attachment 169443
Impressive in a team that did so bad. Hernandez finished 4th on 20 goals.

Golden Glove - Joe Hart (Man City)
View attachment 169442
Hart takes the award back from Horn. Zieler was 4th with 15 clean sheets

Manager of the Year - Pep Guardiola (Man United)
View attachment 169441
Win the league = Manager of the Year.

Player's Player of the Year - Hector Bellerin (Arsenal)
View attachment 169439
And so begins the dominance of Bellerin...

Team of the Year
View attachment 169438
2 players, pretty pleased. Why is Payet in CM again?!

Young Player of the Year
View attachment 169437
Was it ever in doubt? I mean, just look at this for dominance:
View attachment 169436
6 out of 7 months (he didn't win any other months)!

Other competitions

Bundesliga
View attachment 169431
Leverkusen take back their crown.

Serie A
View attachment 169432
Dominant for Juve.

Ligue 1
View attachment 169433
Monaco make it 3 in a row.

Liga NOS
View attachment 169434
Porto again.

Eredivisie
View attachment 169435
Feyenoord defend their title.

Liga BBVA
View attachment 169430
Real fall 1 short of the big 100 point margin. Valencia overtake Atleti as the third best team.

Europa League
View attachment 169428
A very strong Europa League is won by City, who came the long, hard way round.

Champions League
View attachment 169427
Meanwhile, Juve win a depleted Champions League to defend their crown!

Other News
View attachment 169421
We stay 15th in the coefficiants list. We will definitely overtake Liverpool and Chelsea next season, as they get no points from this season.

View attachment 169420
After a short drop in money, we're back rolling in it as the 3rd richest club in the world! And that's despite having not much global appeal and losing nearly £30m in Champions League revenue.

View attachment 169419
Finally! After being predicted at 7th for every full season I've been in charge, we are finally predicted at higher than that - 5th!

View attachment 169418
These are the agreed expectations for this season. Keeping it low as always, but good to have a little bit of financial backing :P

Tomorrow will be a squad overview.​

Nice, can't wait to see who you bring in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

West Ham United Squad Overview - End of 2019/20 Season

Goalkeepers
View attachment 169300View attachment 169299
Well covered here, Zieler first choice and Jespersen happy as a backup option.

Defence

View attachment 169292View attachment 169291View attachment 169290
We have 3 LB's - too many, and I think that I will probably be selling Neufville as Nikolic has developed well and deserves a chance in the team. Well covered though, so probably won't bring anyone in.

View attachment 169289View attachment 169288
Ideally wouldn't sell either of these, but had items in the inbox saying that Europe's big clubs are circling around Dragún. Have got a replacement lined up should we sell, but hoping it doesn't get that far.

View attachment 169285View attachment 169286View attachment 169287View attachment 169284
The area most likely to change. Ogbonna is going to leave as he's been complaining a bit recently and is beginning to perform a bit worse in matches. Giving Oxford a bit more time to develop, but will likely bring in one more top class CB to partner Christensen.

Midfield
View attachment 169281View attachment 169282View attachment 169283View attachment 169280
First up, McArthur is leaving this summer as his contract ends. Then Noble will most likely move to a player/staff role during the upcoming season. Cook + JWP are the future, and I'll be signing another CM to back them up.

View attachment 169277View attachment 169276
Despite originally being signed as a solution for the right wing, Lincoln has set up base as our resident left winger. I'm currently unsure whether to keep Gray, or sell him and give Makris a go.

View attachment 169274View attachment 169273
Got to be honest, I have no idea how Lanzini is worth £31m! With Lincoln, Payet and JWP available for cover in an emergency, we're fine here.

View attachment 169272View attachment 169271
Two of the senior statesman in the team, yet still 2 of our most important players. No changes here.

Strikers
View attachment 169270View attachment 169269
Chicharito provided the goods last season, so will stay for one season more. Ings, I think he'll leave - he's had enough of being backup.

The best youth
View attachment 169265View attachment 169264View attachment 169263View attachment 169262
The first 3 will get loan moves - hopefully Jones will get a BPL side, after his impressive form at Middlesborough. £5.75m is good for an 18 y/o who has just one first team game for us so far. I'm hoping Makris can provide the goods if needed this season.

Hope to get the next update out today, but I scheduled quite a lot of friendlies (10 normal and 1 cup) so it might take a bit of time to get through :P

Transfer Number 1

BRUNO MARTINS INDI
View attachment 169255

We make our first transfer of the window with a great CB to partner Christensen. He was a costly purchase though - at £28m, he becomes our new record transfer by £5m (from JWP).

We also got rejected by Jordan Veretout who chose to go to Roma over us.​

Transfer Number 2

GRANIT XHAKA
View attachment 169137

The 2nd big name to join, this time for the small fee of £15m from Barcelona. Admittedly was our 3rd choice for this role, behind Veretout and Samper who both rejected us. Not that I'm complaining :P

We also got rejected by Martial and Max Romero...​

Transfer Window + August Overview

TRANSFERS
View attachment 168493
No more activity into West Ham, as I was unable to find a striker that I thought was good enough without smashing the transfer record so Ings gets more time to prove himself.

ELSEWHERE
View attachment 168492View attachment 168491View attachment 168490
The largest transfer fee since the start of this save, as PSG get the chequebook out and pay Schalke £63m for this insane regen striker:
View attachment 168489
... and then don't start him in any game so far. As you do.

August

Friendlies
As I said, some big games here as we tackle the likes of Guangzhou Evergrande, Monaco and Manchester United.
Results:
View attachment 168488
All in all, an excellent pre-season! Undefeated until Barca came to London. We were in excellent goalscoring form in China - putting 4 past Guangzhou is impressive (especially when they've spent their limitless money on Shane Long XD ). Then some good wins against Monaco, Dortmund and Inter before a spirited fight against Barca. We look in good shape.

View attachment 168487
Results:
View attachment 168484Undefeated? Yes. Should it be 3 wins? Yes. Am I complaining? Yes.

League Table:
View attachment 168483
Undefeated but 7th. At least we're above Arsenal and Liverpool :P

Awards:
View attachment 168482
2nd in Young Player of the Month... and it's not Lincoln! Oxford repaying my faith in him with some good performances.

View attachment 168486
In true West Ham style, we got the toughest draw as we have to get past Marseille to reach the group stage

Results:
View attachment 168481
Danny Ings doing the repaying of faith now, as his goal in each leg help us to comfortably progress.

Draw:
View attachment 168478
Not too bad, we know we can beat Monaco and Benfica should be easier than that. BATE are there to make the numbers up.

View attachment 168485
Draw:
View attachment 168477
We will start our defence of the League Cup away at Championship side Sheffield United. A good chance for some youngsters to play

Hammer of the Update:
View attachment 168476
Started the season well, and had an excellent pre-season.

Injury List:
Danny Ings + Marc Jespersen - Out for 2 more weeks

September + October Preview:
View attachment 168475

September + October Review
A horrid spell, as an injury crisis and a goal drought for Chicharito lead to some terrible form for us.

View attachment 167384
Results:
View attachment 167381
What to say really? None of the performances have been that good, we need to improve and quickly.

League Table:
View attachment 167374
Obviously we weren't going to be high up, but at least we haven't been cut too far off the top 4. City look very impressive thus far.

Awards:
View attachment 167373
Makris got a chance due to the injury crisis, and took it with both arms!

View attachment 167383
Results:
View attachment 167380
Our league form affects us in the cup, as we struggle our way through to the Quarter Finals

Draw:
View attachment 167376
Toughest draw yet, Liverpool having a strong season so far.

View attachment 167382
Results:
View attachment 167379
Tough run here as well, as two defeats leave us with a lot to do

League Standings:
View attachment 167377
We need results in all 3 games in the next update. Thankfully both Monaco and Benfica are at home.

Hammer of the Update:
Not going to be one due to form, although Nikolic and Makris have been decent during the injury crisis.

Injury List:
View attachment 167372
This is just starting to get better - Cresswell, Ings and Cook have all recently recovered from injuries as well.

Preview:
View attachment 167370

November + December Review
With the injury crisis finally beginning to fade, can we push on up the table?

View attachment 166768
Results:
View attachment 166763
Some improvement, but home form is letting us down massively

Table:
View attachment 166760
The league is so tight that I'm not too worried that we're still in the bottom half. We need more consistency though.

View attachment 166767
Result:
View attachment 166761
A randomly excellent performance as we play Liverpool off the park

Draw:
View attachment 166759
Never going to be an easy draw - it was City, United or Arsenal! We're going to have to defend our trophy the hard way!

View attachment 166766
Draw:
View attachment 166758
Should be an easy win, Sunderland are in the bottom half of the Championship nowadays.

View attachment 166765
Results:
View attachment 166762
Once again, home form deserts us.

Final Group Standings:
View attachment 166757
We were always going to stay in Europe, but we didn't do enough to make it the CL. Back to Thursday/Sunday shifts it is then...

View attachment 166764

Draw:

View attachment 166756
We were a seeded side FFS! Instead of a nice easy draw we get another team knocked out of the CL AND a long trip to Ukraine!

Hammer of the Update - Manuel Lanzini
View attachment 166750
Been the best player by far this season.

Injury List
View attachment 166745
Just a couple of niggly injuries

January Preview + Transfer Window Plans
View attachment 166744
How many games?!

As for the window, it's a choice between replacing Payet, Noble and Reid now or at the end of the season.​

January Review and Transfer Window
Massive month, plus the moves of the window

The Window
OUTS
View attachment 166187
Chicharito -> Sampdoria (£5m)
I'd had enough of his terrible finishing this season, and after several warnings which weren't heeded he leaves the club for Italy - worth noting he hasn't scored for Sampdoria yet :P

INS
View attachment 166186
Tomás Rodriguez <- Real Madrid (£3.9m)
An absolute steal from Madrid as they let a wonderkid slip through their fingers for a small sum! Noble has been given a new contract as a Player/Coach to accommodate this deal

View attachment 166185
Georges Yomby <- Anderlecht (£17.5m)
Second choice striker as Martial rejected us AGAIN - for Leicester, so it's understandable :P
Good target man, should help when we play 2 up top.

Elsewhere
View attachment 166184
Yomby was actually one of the biggest deals, although some wonderkids make some big moves - with Dragowski, Odegaard, Passlack and Ould-Chikh all moving on.

January

View attachment 166182
Results:
View attachment 166179
FFS! Stuffed by United (understandable) and Derby (Really? -_-) and scraped past Leicester and Watford. This is a season to forget.

League Table:
View attachment 166176
Is it officially time to worry yet? STILL in the bottom half, and not really showing signs of a turnaround...

Award:

View attachment 166181
Results:
View attachment 166178
Eventful? Just a bit :P We concede a last minute goal to throw away the initial Sunderland tie before teaching them several lessons at the Olympic Stadium. We then proceed to throw away the lead 3 times against Swansea, as Kostic tears our defence apart (it doesn't take much tbh).

Draw (If we get past the replay):
We will play the winners of the replay between Leicester City and Fulham if we get past Swansea in our own replay.

View attachment 166180
Results:
View attachment 166177
Despite spending big on Yomby, our other 2 strikers come up big for us to see us into the final. A glimmer of light on this ****** season?

Draw:
View attachment 166175
The Gunnerlactico's stand between us and back-to-back Mickey Mouse Cup wins

Injury List:
View attachment 166174
Both came off in the hammering from Derby.

Preview:
View attachment 166173
Make or break - Job security has gone from untouchable to stable (and only just stable) over the course of the season, so the threat of the sack may become all too real in the not too distant future.​

February + March Review
With my job on the line, do the squad step up when it counts?

View attachment 165365
Results:
View attachment 165357
Dare I say it? Are we starting to turn a corner?

League Table:
View attachment 165353

Getting there, late push for the CL on the cards? (No spoilers from the table about the League Cup, covered up the EUR info next to the winner :P )

Awards:
View attachment 165360View attachment 165359
We continue our impressive form in the YPotM awards - Yomby winning in Feb and 2nd in March, with Dragún also 3rd in March.

View attachment 165364
Result:
View attachment 165355

-_- That is all.

View attachment 165363
Result:
View attachment 165354
Well, that will help the job security :P Cresswell smashed the penalty down the middle right at the end - nerves of steel to do that! Twice in a row! Guarantees us Europa League at least for next season!

View attachment 165362
Results:
View attachment 165356
Disappointing, as we crash out with high scoring defeats in both legs.

Injury List:
Non existent, as Zieler has just returned from a knee injury.

Preview:
View attachment 165349
League all the way, and another last day fixture against United :P Also, job security back to secure so should almost certainly see out this season.​

April + May Review + The end of the story?

View attachment 164704
Results:
View attachment 164703
Not brilliant... Not even good to be honest.

Table:
View attachment 164702
We limp over the line to a top-half finish; our lowest finish under my reign by a considerable margin. My job is now on the line, as my position is finally seen as insecure - a big summer ahead!

Although...
View attachment 164701
I might not even make it to the summer...

It takes some serious effort, but the board do eventually agree to let me stay. Somehow, I don't think I'll last long next season if we have our normal start...​

Back