Ryo Miyaichi to join Arsenal in January

Frank

Hobbs
Reaction score
gun__1290184076_miyaichi_ryo.jpg

Ryo Miyaichi to join Arsenal in January

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to confirm that Japanese forward Ryo Miyaichi will be joining the Club in January 2011. Everyone associated with the Club wishes Ryo, 18, well in the forthcoming All Japan High School Soccer Tournament, where he is representing Chukyodai Chuyko High School. Once the national championships are concluded, Ryo will join up with his new team-mates in London. Arsenal Manager Arsène Wenger said: “I am delighted Ryo will be joining us in the New Year. "He trialled with us in the summer and has raw ability which has attracted many clubs around the world. "I look forward to helping him fulfil his potential here at Arsenal.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ryo-miyaichi-to-join-arsenal-in-january

He'll probably be a great talent for the future, but where does he play XD

Always nice to see Asian players in the big-time.

I hope it's not Inamoto v2. But if he's trialled already, and Wenger likes him, he must have a lot of talent.

going from playing for your school to arsenal.
wegner must see a lot in this boys future.

All the best to the young lad, could be the next Hidetoshi Nakata <)

Hope he has a great future, always want to see young players do well, regardless of their region or country.

Knew about this ages ago. He broke his leg or something so stayed in Japan, but a contract was agreed a while ago. Looks set to be a very good player (I hope so anyway!) And it's good we're looking in Asia for players now, some very good players coming out of there in recent years.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Always nice to see Asian players in the big-time.

This, as I said too...

another bright asian star destined to be a flop :S

Stop trolling this thread, don't comment if you're not going to say anything constructive.

Stop trolling this thread, don't comment if you're not going to say anything constructive.

Surely the whole point of the thread is to discuss the player and how we think he will do? Everything would be dull if we were only allowed to say nice things about people.

Good luck to the guy, although I've never heard of him in my life. Wonder if he'll get to see any first team action any time soon.

Surely the whole point of the thread is to discuss the player and how we think he will do? Everything would be dull if we were only allowed to say nice things about people.

Good luck to the guy, although I've never heard of him in my life. Wonder if he'll get to see any first team action any time soon.

He'll probably get a few league cup games or likely be loaned out seeing as Arsenal seem to be taking the league cup a little more seriously this season.

Yeah but it's different saying, "I don't think he's going to make it, a lot of Asian players don't" and simply posting once to say "destined to flop"

I also hope he's a good free kicker as Japan has some insane free kickers. Arsenal should call Beckham to help out. ;)

He'll probably get a few league cup games or likely be loaned out seeing as Arsenal seem to be taking the league cup a little more seriously this season.

We won't loan him out yet, if at all. Wenger always prefers to keep his young players at the club so they gel with other players etc. Also, since he's japanese there wouldn't be much point in loaning him out to another English club, he needs to learn English (if he hasn't already) and gel etc. I expect he'll just play the season in the Reserves and Wenger and Banfield, Brady etc will talk at the end of the season about whether he's ready for first team action, whether that be cup competitions or something else.