Every year you smash it out of the park, mind if i ask what tactic you are using?

UCL 2076/77

After last season's unexpected run to the semi finals we go again with a couple summer signings.

View attachment 41869

View attachment 41868

A perfect group phase including wins in France and Turkey

First Knockout Round

View attachment 41867

This looked a mammoth task when the draw was made. The English Premier League is so far ahead of everyone else that any side in the UCL from England is a formidable opponent. However, a clinical display in London effectively ended the contest there and then.

Quarter Final

View attachment 41866

Another tie against English opposition. The first leg we dominated but West Ham sneak an away goal. The second leg was a disaster.

Full back Le sees a straight red after only 22 minutes. We can still go through I thought.

35 minutes gone and centre back Martin Cook manages to get himself booked twice and we down to 9 men with almost an hour still to play. West Ham duly run away with it.

Domestic

We were in a 3-way title race for most of the season until we eventually edged ahead to win our third consecutive Bundesliga title.

View attachment 41865

Still no DFB-Pokal unfortunately

View attachment 41864

SHOCK AS SAF LEAVES HAMBURG

View attachment 41844

I set myself an unofficial minimum limit of 5 seasons with each club in the UCL Challenge but I leave HSV after 3 seasons.

The reason being I want to combine a few challenges into my next job at Ajax.

I can continue the UCL Challenge as Ajax seek a 5th title...

View attachment 41842

I also want to improve my 'Domestic Player Bias' attribute which is at the absolute lowest after preferring foreign players for much of my 60 year or so career.

I also want to do a save that I do every FM edition:

An Ajax Academy Challenge - no signings, only youth team graduates.

At first I will allow myself to only sign Dutch players (simply because the current squad is so unbalanced).

Once I get a season or two in with a normal squad balance I will cease ALL transfers and only use Jong Ajax players

HSV Trophies

View attachment 41843

SHOCK AS SAF LEAVES HAMBURG

View attachment 1173628

I set myself an unofficial minimum limit of 5 seasons with each club in the UCL Challenge but I leave HSV after 3 seasons.

The reason being I want to combine a few challenges into my next job at Ajax.

I can continue the UCL Challenge as Ajax seek a 5th title...

View attachment 1173630

I also want to improve my 'Domestic Player Bias' attribute which is at the absolute lowest after preferring foreign players for much of my 60 year or so career.

I also want to do a save that I do every FM edition:

An Ajax Academy Challenge - no signings, only youth team graduates.

At first I will allow myself to only sign Dutch players (simply because the current squad is so unbalanced).

Once I get a season or two in with a normal squad balance I will cease ALL transfers and only use Jong Ajax players

HSV Trophies

View attachment 1173629

this is gonna be sick, can't wait

It's super inconsistent away from home for me, any tips?

I just plug and play. Removing offside usually works.

On a Barcelona save I got better results by dropping the defensive line down by one because Pique and co were too slow

I just plug and play. Removing offside usually works.

On a Barcelona save I got better results by dropping the defensive line down by one because Pique and co were too slow

What kind of pace and acceleration would you class as too slow?

View attachment 41722

A new trophy in the SAF cabinet

One additional rule I will set for this Ajax career.

I can sign former Academy players who have moved on but want to return (eg Daley Blind) and in this case an extra centre back in Jeffrey Til..

View attachment 41721

UCL 2077/78

View attachment 41715

We cruise through the group stage hammering everyone until the B team lose the final game against Benfica. I used the chance to play some of the kids and they have shown there is still work to do before I scrap my transfer policy.

FIRST KNOCKOUT ROUND

View attachment 41720

Koln were one of the main competitors when I was at Hamburg and they should it again here as we edge two very tight games to reach the quarters.

QUARTER FINALS

View attachment 41719

The Old Lady claimed a 2-1 first leg win but were totally blown away in the second leg. We are the top goalscorers in the whole competition!

SEMI FINALS

View attachment 41718

I am regretting returning Marseille to the top of European football as they have now twice eliminated me from Europe since I left. I thought a 2-2 draw away from home would be enough given the amount of goals we have scored at home this season but it wasn't to be.

View attachment 1173778

A new trophy in the SAF cabinet

One additional rule I will set for this Ajax career.

I can sign former Academy players who have moved on but want to return (eg Daley Blind) and in this case an extra centre back in Jeffrey Til..

View attachment 1173779

UCL 2077/78

View attachment 1173785

We cruise through the group stage hammering everyone until the B team lose the final game against Benfica. I used the chance to play some of the kids and they have shown there is still work to do before I scrap my transfer policy.

FIRST KNOCKOUT ROUND

View attachment 1173780

Koln were one of the main competitors when I was at Hamburg and they should it again here as we edge two very tight games to reach the quarters.

QUARTER FINALS

View attachment 1173781

The Old Lady claimed a 2-1 first leg win but were totally blown away in the second leg. We are the top goalscorers in the whole competition!

SEMI FINALS

View attachment 1173782

I am regretting returning Marseille to the top of European football as they have now twice eliminated me from Europe since I left. I thought a 2-2 draw away from home would be enough given the amount of goals we have scored at home this season but it wasn't to be.
Update inbound?! would it be cool if you could PM me this save?

UCL 2078/79

Group Stage

View attachment 41278

First Knockout Round

View attachment 41277

Quarter Finals

View attachment 41276

SEMI FINALS

View attachment 41275

After another easy Group Stage (safe to say we are among the European elite now) we totally destroyed PSG in the 1st KO stage. The money they spend is still ridiculous, even more so compared to our current Dutch-only transfer policy.

In the Quarters I returned to an old stomping ground in Aberdeen, putting 7 past them en route to a semi final encouter where we were the ugly duckling among 3 English sides.

A first half red card seemed to be the end of the run away to City but we stole a late equaliser against the odds to give us a fighting chance in the second leg.

Sadly centre back Kevin de Vries took the word 'fighting' too literally and was sent off at half an hour for a horrendous tackle just after City had scored.

Not to fear, winger-turned striker Glenn Martin responded immediately after the red card with an equaliser and we held on for dear life for the rest of the game to sneak through on away goals courtesy of Luckassen's 86th minute leveller in Manchester!

UCL FINAL 2079

View attachment 41274

Another encounter with an ex.

We seek our first win since the class of 1995. Man United, well thanks to yours truly they've won more UCLs now than I have fingers and toes.

View attachment 41273

GAME OVER AFTER 11 MINUTES!!!

Blew away like a shanty town in a hurricane. We fought back bravely but couldn't find the net until injury time. Missing our first choice left back and centre back ultimately cost us. We don't have the squad to cover such losses.

DOMESTIC

View attachment 41272

Another comfortable league win to complete a domestic treble. We lick our wounds from the UCL final, try to keep a hold of our key players as the vultures are circling, and go again.

View attachment 41271

Another ex ruins the party! If it's not the french bird it's that Manc chick!

UCL 2079/80

View attachment 41224

What looked a tough group on paper ended up being very very easy as we finish unbeaten including a 3-2 in Madrid and and 8-0 (EIGHT!) win in Munich!

FIRST KO ROUND

View attachment 41223

After cruising through the group and finishing runners-up I expected another good campaign this year. Instead we exit at the first knockout stage after an utterly horrific day of defending in London saw us ship 5 goals. We could only manage the single goal in the return leg and lose 5-4 on aggregate.

DOMESTIC

View attachment 41222

View attachment 41221

View attachment 41220

View attachment 41219

UCL 2080/81

Group Stage

View attachment 41195

A perfect group phase including wins over former club Aberdeen.

First Knockout Round

View attachment 41194

All over after the first leg. Even gave some kids a taste of Champions League action in the second leg.

Quarter Final

View attachment 41193

We faced Aberdeen in the groups. Now we face another ex in the quarters

View attachment 41192

A bit of a smash and grab when back in the SAF Park but a fully deserved win in the second leg as we progress to the semis and get a bit of revenge for our defeat to United in the final a couple of seasons ago.

SEMI FINAL

View attachment 41191

ANOTHER FORMER CLUB!!

Almost the full set in this year's campaign.

View attachment 41190

Nothing to see here! 10 - 0 and we are into the final again!