Managed to get booked, and a rating of 6.0. Good day at the office ;)

A poor performance at a critical stage in the season unfortunately. A very late equaliser from Donaghy meant that we came away with a point, but we really needed the 3 points.

View attachment 229615
View attachment 229614

What a comeback! Things weren't looking good after 75 minutes, when the league leaders took the lead but super sub Donaghy came on to bag 2 late goals that put us in front. Burrito went on to seal the victory with the last kick of the match. This has made the top of the table very interesting!

View attachment 229610
View attachment 229608

Donaghy bagged the winner to continue his scintillating form in the league. We controlled the game and the result never really looked in doubt.

View attachment 229599
View attachment 229598

A very disappointing performance. At home against a mid table team should be a routine 3 pointer but the team just never turned up. We threw the kitchen sink at them after the red card but couldn't get the equaliser. Consistency is still a big problem for us.

View attachment 229595
View attachment 229594

With 3 games remaining in the season, it looks as though Tel-Aviv have done enough to gain promotion, although we still have to play them. Only 1 point separates us from 2nd place, but with our lower goal difference we cant afford any more slip ups!

View attachment 229592

Remaining fixtures

View attachment 229590

Well we got the win, but it wasn't convincing to say the least! O'Connell really kept us in the game at times and had to really earn his clean sheet. We then had to rely on a penalty from Scott to win the game.

View attachment 229582
View attachment 229581
View attachment 229580

So both Almeria and Tel-Aviv slip up in the race for promotion! If we can win our 2 remaining games we will be guaranteed promotion, so our destiny is in our hands!

View attachment 229578
View attachment 229577
View attachment 229576

View attachment 229575

I think Harrison is being mismanaged here. I demand a better manager! :D

We controlled the game but a freak own goal from Vasquez put us in a spot of trouble, until Jamie Donaghy struck again! Scoring a last minute winner yet!

View attachment 229514
View attachment 229513
View attachment 229507

So after round 45, we need just 1 more point to secure promotion. Although if we win our final game against Tel-Aviv we will be Division Champions! All to play for in the final match of the season! :D

View attachment 229512
View attachment 229511
View attachment 229510
View attachment 229509

View attachment 229508

Last edited:
World Trophy 1st Round

So just when I thought the season was over, I discovered we had been entered into the World Trophy. I didn't know this existed, but i believe it consists of the teams that finished 1st and 2nd in each division.

We were drawn against Besiktas, who had finished 2nd in Division 4. So not the easiest of draws but we did have home advantage.

I put out largely the same team as the last game, as they all performed well the only change was Roberts for Harrison. A decision that had nothing to do with him threatening not to play I promise.

The match was an absolute thriller! It was end to end stuff and we managed to hold our own against a very good side. Some crucial saves kept us in the game in the closing stages of regulation time and then substitute Joe Morgan stole the headlines in extra time, as we fought back to win it from 2-3 down.

View attachment 229465
View attachment 229464

Other Results in the tournament

View attachment 229462
View attachment 229461

2nd Round Draw

View attachment 229459

Awesome job! Let's make it a cup run!
And Aab knocked out Chelsea? :p

And Aab knocked out Chelsea? :p

Of course, everybody knows Nicklas Helenius is OP (please nerf) XD

We won the league and Víctor Vásquez finally started to do something useful.
Now let's see if we're able to perform properly on WL5.

.P.S.: Am I the only one shocked to see all those lower league English teams mixed in this cup? o_O

.P.S.: Am I the only one shocked to see all those lower league English teams mixed in this cup? o_O

I think there are quite a few errors in the Database as the likes of Darlington 1883 don't appear in any of the world leagues.

League winners!! How about that!! Hopefully a decent run in the World Trophy too!

World Trophy 2nd Round

A very dramatic first half of extra time put an end to our World Trophy Dream!

Despite racing into a 2-0 lead, we looked shaky at the back and they easily brought the game level. O'Connell then had to make a terrific penalty save to send the game to extra time. 5 goals in the first half of added time saw us slump behind 5-4, we then gave it everything but couldn't take the game to penalties. Joe Morgan did however score San Basino's first ever hattrick!

View attachment 229222
View attachment 229221

FC Koln went on to win the World Trophy and our very own Joe Morgan was the tournaments top goal scorer!

View attachment 229220

Last edited:
Internationals
View attachment 229210

We had a fully fit squad going into this International period which was good news!

First up was a friendly at home to Albania. I decided to rest our in form players for the European Qualifier match against Lithuania and so put out a so called "second" team (on current form anyway). This was an opportunity to impress and thats exactly what they did.

We were unplayable in the first half and could easily have been 4 or 5 nil up. Unfortunately the second half wasn't quite so entertaining as the game was practically over already. Everybody on the pitch impressed me today and would have felt confident fielding the exact same team for the next match.. but that wouldn't be fair.

Also as you may have gathered i have resumed control of friendlies! Was getting tired of not beating sides like Gibraltar by more than 1 goal.

View attachment 229208
View attachment 229207
View attachment 229206

A very comfortable victory away to Lithuania as expected. The team knew they needed to put in a good performance after that win over Albania and they certainly managed that. The only negative was that we couldn't score a few more goals, as we completely dominated the game. The keeper to his credit pulled off some terrific saves but with 17 shots on target we should be scoring more than 4 goals.

View attachment 229205
View attachment 229204
View attachment 229203

So we are looking pretty comfortable in 3rd place now in qualifying. A top 2 finish is looking a bit out of reach now unless we can pull off our greatest win yet against England or more realistically Switzerland.

View attachment 229200

SEASON 1 IS DONE!

Will post player screenshots and end of season review tomorrow.

Pedersen acting as captain in the Lithuania-game, I like that!