A late penalty gets us a point away from home. Andy O'Connell was forced off early on due to injury, but is fortunately not as bad as first feared and will be available for the next match.

View attachment 230629
View attachment 230628

We managed to turn around a horrific opening 5 minutes, into an incredible comeback! The front 3 all got on the score sheet which was good to see. Unfortunately Lewie Roberts return from injury didn't last long, as he was again forced off by injury.

View attachment 230626
View attachment 230625
View attachment 230624

We really struggled up against a strong OGC Nice side, which underlined the difficulty of the League. They were quicker to any loose ball and really dominated. We were pushing hard at the end and got caught twice on the break, to make the score look a little worse than it was.

View attachment 230621
View attachment 230620

Now that was a smash and grab! We were immense at the back, and everyone was putting there body on the line for the team. We didnt have a lot of ball but Burrito managed to cooly convert one of the few chances we had. The game also marked a return for Bergaoui and Ui Muiredeacha.

View attachment 230618
View attachment 230617

We are sitting in a good position in the league and not to far off the pace for promotion. Although in all honesty I dont think we would want promotion this year as we could really do with another year to develop before taking on even harder opposition! Not that means we wont try get promotion!

View attachment 230616

I was about to write a common on how consistent Pedersen has been, mainly been getting a rating 7.something. Then I saw that he completely let down the team, by being given an 4.6 against OCG Nice :/

No Burrito, no party! Good to see some clinical finishing when it's needed the most!

This was a good point away to high flyers Almeria. As the squads ability is still behind most in the league, i have been forced to play a more defensive counter attacking style away from home and is currently working well.

View attachment 230568
View attachment 230567

Another dreadful start to the game instantly put us on the backfoot. A fantastic penalty save from O'Connell then kept us in it in the first half. Gregor scored his first career goal at the end of the game, but didn't make a difference in the end.

View attachment 230566
View attachment 230565

Two more Mom awards, and first goal of my career, wow :O. Would be good to save a point for us with that goal, but next time we will do it. ;)

Internationals
View attachment 230503

Lewie Roberts was the only casualty from the squad due to injury, all 21 others were involved.

The first match was a friendly against Chinese Taipei, which was again managed by the assistant manager. We won the game but not very convincingly against what i can only imagine is a very poor side.

View attachment 230500
View attachment 230498

A great performance from the team today! That was the best I have seen us play on the International stage. Hopefully this will be a platform to build on for the remainder of the qualifiers. The length of the injury to Geylord is currently a bit vague, but think it will be nearer 3 months.

View attachment 230494
View attachment 230493
View attachment 230491

Things are looking good in the group so far, Switzerland will be up next so will be a good test to see where we are at.

View attachment 230492

First goal for San Marino only 3 mins after got in the game :D (JOKER FROM BENCH)

Liking the fact I'm starting to score goals for the team. Hopefully a sign of things to come! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We managed to carry over our International form, in an excellent performance. The game also marked a fantastic return from injury for Lewie Roberts who picked up 2 goals and an assist.

View attachment 230356
View attachment 230343

The away fixture to Swansea was always going to be one of the tougher games in the group. Unfortunately they really dominated the match and reduced us to having very little possession. Despite some heroics in goal from O'Connell we couldn't shut them out at the back.

View attachment 230355
View attachment 230353
View attachment 230351

We bounced back with a win against Nancy Lorraine, who sit a few places above us in the table. It was another good performance and we deserved the 3 points. Perhaps a top 3 spot isn't so far out of reach after all?

View attachment 230350
View attachment 230342

Petrolul are one of the weaker teams in the division and we managed to really control the match. It was frustrating that we couldn't win more emphatically and had to rely on a penalty to secure the win.

View attachment 230352
View attachment 230348

Reality check. We had been playing some decent football coming into the match, but really didn't get going today. I fear this will be our downfall this season, we lack consistency. Although this might partly be to changing the entire team after each match...

View attachment 230347
View attachment 230346

I seem to be relatively solid and consistent :)

Nice to see Pedersen being the Captain in the 2-1 win against Petrolul-side :) Sadly I picked up an injury in the following match, anything serious?

We made hard work of one of the easier opponents in the division, nearly throwing away a 2 goal lead, but a late winner from Morgan got us the win. The injury to Katterfield is a massive loss as we are now running with just 2 natural CB's!

View attachment 230153
View attachment 230152
View attachment 230150

The scoreline didn't truly reflect the game. They scored 4 goals with there first 4 shots and then got 2 late on as we pushed to get back in it. They probably were the better side, but unfortunately Vasquez had a shocker in goal.

View attachment 230151
View attachment 230149

Ui Muiredeacha scored an absolute screamer in this match which must be a contender for goal of the season! Despite this it was the defensive efforts which got the headlines, as we whole backline put in stellar performances.

View attachment 230148
View attachment 230145

So we are now exactly half way through the first season and only 3 points off a promotion place. The team is growing stronger with every game, so maybe Division 5 isn't so far out of reach after all...

View attachment 230147

Nice to see Pedersen being the Captain in the 2-1 win against Petrolul-side :) Sadly I picked up an injury in the following match, anything serious?

There was no lasting injury fortunately :)

San Marino Update

View attachment 230144
View attachment 230141

Our impressive European Qualifying campaign is quickly moving us up the rankings. We still sit behind the likes of India, but a couple more victories and we should be in the top 100 i would have thought.

As it had just turned the 1st of January, a San Marino best Eleven squad was announced, based on recent performances. I have never actually used that formation and a number of players are out of position, but that is the best 11 players on current form.

Congratulations if you made the team.... I only made the bench!
:'(

View attachment 230140

San Basino Update

As it is the 1st of January and we are now half way through the season, I thought i would do a squad overview screenshot to show you your stats for the first half of the season. The list has been sorted based on your average rating for the club thus far.

Player screenshots will be at the end of the year. I have crammed a lot of stats onto the screenshot below, let me know if there is any additional info you want on the next one and will swap some around.

View attachment 230136

Surely the ones having voted for Best-11 most have been drunk as f*ck when voting, only way to explain why the future Ballon d'Or winner Pedersen, isn't in the team? :p

No, another red card, this time in added time. :'( But the happy thing that I'm in San Marino's best eleven, 4th in the average ranking in San Basino, and the most PoM performance. Look promising so far, just like the team domestically, and nationally as well. :)

View attachment 230001
View attachment 229998
View attachment 229996

View attachment 229997
View attachment 229995

View attachment 229994
View attachment 229992

View attachment 229991
View attachment 229990

View attachment 229989
View attachment 229988

View attachment 229987
View attachment 229986

View attachment 229985

Didn't have time to write a little comment on each match i am afraid. Promotion is still a very realistic goal, sitting just 4 points of promotion, i think it is really going to come down to the results against the teams around us in the table. Get some wins there and surely we will make the top 3!

Also only 3 outfield players are yet to score for the club; *******, Tracz and Costa