October

Inverness Hold us to a draw but then have a poor run to give us some room at the sumit.
Heartbreak in the Champions League where we just cant catch a break
Youth team beat Queen of the South to remain unbeaten in the League Cup since 2013

Fixtures
View attachment 398249

SPL
View attachment 398248
Top spot in the League is ours again as Inverness finally loose. 3rd to 11th is split by 6 points with lonely Hamilton 11 points behind after loosing ever game in October

Europe

Match 3
Juventus 2-0 Celtic
View attachment 398247
Very unlucky in Turin. a even 1st half was ruined by Charlie Mulgrew's red card which left us open to Juve's attacks and ruined the game.

Group
View attachment 398246
As you would expect at the half way stage.

Belgium

Match 3
Belgium 4-1 Georgia
View attachment 398245
A Lukaku hattrick was the difference with another 15 goals on target as well as our goal

Match 4
Ireland 0-3 Belgium
View attachment 398244
I was worried about this game but Ireland proved as much of a threat as any other sides we have faced.

Group
View attachment 398243
Our last match of the year is away to Hungary before the 1st group decider with Italy in 2017.

November

European place secured after Christmas
Celtic also open the gap at the top of the table
Huge upset for Belgium

Fixtures
View attachment 397062

SPL
View attachment 397061
Celtic move a bit further clear at the top while Inverness stay 2nd with Motherwell and St Mirren playing catch up. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd are still under performing. But not as much as Rangers who are all over the shop while Hamilton are even worse.

Europe

Match 4
Celtic 0-0 Juventus
View attachment 397060
Juventus came for the draw and they got it to all but secure there passage to the last 16. Man Utd are through.

Match 5
Man Utd 3-1 Celtic
View attachment 397059
We put up quite a fight but quality shone through in the end as the European Champions keep up there perfect record to claim top spot as Juventus drew with Sparta Prague meaning i'll have to field a strong side in the final match

Match 6
Celtic 5-0 Sparta Prague
View attachment 397058
Took till the 2nd half to put the game to bed but a nice way to round out the month.

Group
View attachment 397057
Juvetus beat Man Utd on the final day but we were locked in 3rd anyways so Celtic will be in Europe after Christmas

Belgium

Match 5
Hungary 1-0 Belgium
View attachment 397056

the typical upset where 20 shots on target lost to 2 efforts.

Group
View attachment 397055
Our embarassing result in Hungary puts us on the back foot for our battle with Italy

Donald Resigns from Celtic
View attachment 396919

3 Leagues & League Cups on the trot, 2 Scottish Cups and a Europa League Semi final and the clubs estimate value is ?133m up by ?55m from the starting value and the team is overflowing with young players with potential.

View attachment 396917

Dundee Utd appoint 4th Manager in 18 Months

View attachment 396918

So with Celtic in a state i was happy to leave them with i move onto challenge NO2 in Dundee.

Current Side
View attachment 396916

Never noticed Ryan Gauld sneaking off to West Brom. Worrying fact is that our 3 best players are loaned in and the next 3 are in there mid to late 20's

Targets
SPL - Top 4 - European Qualification
Scottish cup - Quarter Finals
Scottish League Cup - Quarter Finals

Were about 10 points off the European spots so if we can turn it around quickly and get up the table after Christmas

As my key players shows i've not quite fond the International Quality i was talking and only found a few youths of note.

Key Players

Jan Mucha - GK
View attachment 396914
The Slovakian No1 is the one solid player that i'd be working to keep. The rest are expendable

Jim Horne - MR
View attachment 396911
Already on loan from my former employers Celtic. The class player of the side with a lot of potential. Do i play him to Celtics benefit?

James Collins - AT
View attachment 396910
James signed from Hibs in the summer and is having an amazing break out season and with almost a goal a game will be vital to our push up the table.

Transfer & Staff changes to come in January

FM's Season Preview
This had us favourites for 2nd and Even money favorites for the title. Some how! They are certainly not that good.

Not read anything bar the opening post... And I'm insulted that there isn't a;

Dundee
Uefa Cup - Semi-Finalists - 1963

I'll continue now.

Sorry folks but i've been off duty this weekend, Mega overtime at work and was at the Aberdeen semi final today all with a dose of man flu. Will try and get back to work on this tonight

December & January

Massive transfer activity at Tanadice to make up for the criminal transfer activity over the past 18 months
I make a instant impact as we return to the top 6
Scottish Cup is the big aim for this season and we progress there against Queen of the South

Fixtures
View attachment 394852

SPL
View attachment 394851
1 point from my 1st 3 matches as i got the team playing my way was unnacceptable but with some more talented players arriving and familularity with the system came better results and we already find ourselves in the top 6. Elsewhere Celtic continue there charge to the title without me. Rangers find some form to join us in rising up as the bottom half's form probably outdo the top 6.

Transfers
View attachment 394850

In

Dirk Marcellis - DC
View attachment 394849
Spent over a decade in Holland picking up 3 caps in his younger days. A great siging for us.

Kevin McHattie - DL
View attachment 394848
Former Hearts wing back went down south to West Brom where it turned sour and he was released. Not a long term answer but will do for now

Omar Abdulrahman - MC
View attachment 394847
The Arabian superstar was my 1st signing. Never hed of him but he looks class.

Sam Stanton - MC
View attachment 394846
Like McHattie Stanton was another in a LONG line of youngster who went South for the Money and lost there career.

Tiberio Guarente - MC
View attachment 394845
An Italian journeyman who was once worth ?5m like most of my players came off the unemployment line.

Hendry Thomas - MC
View attachment 394844
That picture makes him look much older than 31! Back to Britain after a 4 season run at Colorado

Thomas Guerbert - ML (Loan)
View attachment 394843
Tomo has spent his time at lower league French sides but i'm giving him his chance to give us some back up on the wings

Marko Verjnovic - MR (Loan)
View attachment 394842
The Serbian Internation will get his share of games and is probably the best player i've brought in

P McMullen - AT (Loan)
View attachment 394841
Back up to Collins. Not totally neccasary but can never have enough forwards!

3 more youth players
View attachment 394840View attachment 394839View attachment 394838

Out

We cleared out 11 players and there is still a few more rotting away in the reserves that i couldnt even give away

Februrary

Except for the goalless draw at home to Aberdeen we play to the form book
Cant get the better of Rangers in the Scottish Cup. Replay at the start of March

Fixtures
View attachment 394790

SPL
View attachment 394788
Celtic loose for the 1st time in almost 50 games. Starting to look like a top 4 is the best we can do while Hamilton is looking more like going down.

March

210 minutes of football needed as Rangers get the better of us in the Scottish Cup
In the League we become Drawdee Utd with 6 draws in a row.
Belgium Cheer me up a bit

Fixtures
View attachment 394673

SPL
View attachment 394672
As we approach the split Celtic secure another title. Inverness look good for 2nd while we really need a win against St Johnstone to secure our place in the top 6.

Belgium

Belgium 6-1 Italy
View attachment 394671
It seemed like a close tie on stats but we made lots more chances and took them to put us top of the group

Table
View attachment 394670

Interesting that you resigned from Celtic - thought you might leave with at least a Europa League to your name.

Keep up the good word, though.

Interesting that you resigned from Celtic - thought you might leave with at least a Europa League to your name.

Keep up the good word, though.

Part of me wanted to stay on to try that and to get a unbeaten league season but the league was becoming a walkover and more importantly i was happy with the state the Celtic squad was in so very early on this season that if either Dundee Utd or Aberdeen came up i'd go there but would consider any job coming up

End of Season Run In

Our 1st win in almost 2 months secures our top 6 place.
Then in the top 6 we recover from a poor start at home to St Mirren to go on a run to 4th place despite loosing to Celtic on the final day.

Fixtures
View attachment 394256

SPL
View attachment 394255
Celtic finish on 99 points and a Europa League final to come. 4 wins from 6 gets us up to my target of 4th behind surprise package Inverness and St Mirren. At the bottom Rangers and Hearts take steps forward while Ross County will go into the Play-Off

Season 4 Review

End of Season Headlines
Ross County survive a play-off but Derek Adams job still on the line. Dunfermline will be returning to the SPL after the Summer
Celtic win the Europa League!

Dundee Utd 2016/17
View attachment 393255

SPL - 4th
Scottish cup - Quarter Finals
Scottish League Cup - 3rd Round
Europe - Not Present

This was a case of save Dundee Utd's season. I pulled them up from 10th to a final position of 4th with a team which are in an awful shape. Still after bringing in over a dozen players in January there is very little long term hope for the current bunch. Dragging them up to 4th was as much as i expected or could have wanted to secure European Football next season.

Key Players

James Collins - FW
View attachment 393254
Our undisputed player of the season. 22 goals in the league mostly before i arrived when he got less playing time as the youngsters got more playing time.

Omar Abdulrahman - MC
View attachment 393253
Failed to settle in a position but still contributed goals and assists

Steven Lawless - ML
View attachment 393252
One of the better players United have brought in over the years. Would be decent back up for us going forward.

SPL Review

Celtic - 8/10 Still failed to crack an unbeaten season or 100 points but they retained the SPL and there domestic treble. Having already sold Fraser Forster, Kamil Glik and Danilo Pereira i will have a keen eye over there summer transactions.

Inverness CT - 9/10 This season matches any of St Mirrens runs to 2nd in the final table. Like earlier St Mirren efforts Inverness relied on loan players but non of them played key roles for the team. Most of them were done by players who were already at the club.

St Mirren - 7/10 Last season i applauded St Mirren for doing so well with less loan players well this season they finished 3rd with NO Loan stars from Newcastle. Former Motherwell player Henri Anier lead the team with 22 goals as they dropped to 3rd but still another very good year.

Dundee Utd - 4/10. Scored 10 points less and 1 position lower than last season after a awful start. Were a team in translation

Motherwell - 6/10. Last season i left a scathing report of the stat eof there team last year i have to say they have made a mini revival. Many old aged faces have left with better quality players from around the Europe arriving in there place. Well done!

Aberdeen - 4/10. Like Dundee Utd a small digresion. Adam Rooney Left then retired leaving a huge gap up top which nobody replaced. Squad has potential to do better than sneak into the top 6 though.

Hibs - 6/10 Hibs had a better season but finished 2 places lower down the table. Strikers and the attacking side let them down costing them a top 6 finish.

Rangers - 5/10 Still yet to break into the top 6 but a small improvement. Will also be back in Europe thanks to there run to the Scottish Cup Final

Hearts - 5/10 - They developed from last season mainly thanks to having some money in the bank. Great to see them starting to return from the shell of a side we saw the last few seasons.

St Johnstone - 4/10 Improved a little bit from last season but still dwelling at the bottom of the table.

Ross County - 4/10 After loosing Luckassen in the summer Ross Countys fall down the table continued. Survived a relegation play off to fight another day in the SPL.

Hamilton - 5/10 - Showed signs of surviving in December but in the end there attempts were as futile as expected.

Champions League Final
Chelsea 1-0 Bayern Munich
View attachment 393251

Chelsea win the second final between these teams. Deserved it a bit more this time though.

Europa League Final
Celtic 1-0 Benfica
View attachment 393250

Gutted to see my former side go on and win a major trophy without me but glad to see my hard work over 3 years paying off already as the Scottish Coefficitian will rise through the roof with this trophy.

Season Awards

Player of the year
Martin Kelly
View attachment 393249

2nd year in a row we get a strange choice of a defender taking the award.

Young Player of the year
Ante Coric
View attachment 393248

Celtic will have to work hard to hang onto there midfielder who without a doubt has the potential to be the best player at the club

Top Scorer
James Collins
View attachment 393247

I cant take to much credit for this as most of the goals came before i arrived.

Manager of the Year
Russell Latapy
View attachment 393246

Taking Inverness CT from relegation trouble a few years ago to a convincing 2nd place finish makes me feel he deserved my title.

Team of the Year
View attachment 393245
Only James Collins joins from my Dundee Utd side. Will look for more next season.

Continental Standings

National Coefficients
View attachment 393244
A Further 3 place hike thanks too Celtic going 1 step further and winning the Europa League

European Places
From 2018/19
View attachment 393243

The League winner Will now automatically be in the Group Phase
2nd Place will be in the Best Placed qualifier 2 rounds away from the Groups
3rd, 4th and either 5th or the Scottish Cup winner will also be in Europe.

The SPL is a long way off its next target of 9th place and a extra Europa League place

Competition Rankings
View attachment 393242

The SPL jumps again with a 6 place jump to 16th

Season 5 - 2017/18

Targets
SPL - Top 2
Scottish cup - Semi Finals
Scottish League Cup - Semi Finals
Europe - Europa League Group Phase

I would like to get into the top 2 to get into the Champions League Qualifiers next season but that may be a bit of a lofty target. One good cup run would be nice but that would probably mean being draw away from Celtic. Europa League group phase is the aim but NO Scottish team apart from Celtic has been in Europe after August so far.

Transfers
View attachment 393083

In

David Patrik - DR
View attachment 393082
The Czech wing back was one of two stand out players i had bid's accepted on. The other Lukas Mucha didnt want to negotiate so here is my stand out youth star.

Julio Pleguezuelo - DC
View attachment 393078
"The Pleg" joins us from Arsenal after spend his whole youth career out on loan.

Xabi - DC
View attachment 393076
Coming from the lower leagues of Spain. Will start the year in the 19's but will see plenty of game time.

Aaron Cowan - MC
View attachment 393075
With a name like Cowan the must be some Scots in the former Man City youth players blood.

Niko Spoljaric - ML
View attachment 393073
Despite his stats and coming from the famous Dinamo youth system Niko had a awful pre season and has plenty to prove when the season proper kicks off

Johnny Russell - AT
View attachment 393072
After a 4 year stay down at Derby Johnny Russell has come home as my most popular signing of the summer.

4 other youth players too watch out for
View attachment 393066View attachment 393065View attachment 393064View attachment 393063

Out

Youngsters David Martin & Bruce Small were my golden goose's who brought in the money to fund my big spending. I Sell Tom Rogic & Darnell Fisher both for the second time while Brighton pick up two of my back up players on a free. Released a few youths who werent up to scratch.

Staff
I Find a familure face to take over from Simon Donnelly as assistant
View attachment 393071

Around the League
Standard Celtic top the transfer list with the top 3 sales and top 2 transfers but i think they have taken a step back this year all be it a minor one.
Were up next with big sales and big buys by our standard
St Johnstone bring in Wigans Scotland U19 star Garry McDonald for ?500k
Hibs sell 3 first team players to St Mirren

FM's Season Preview
View attachment 393068
Pretty close to being identical to last year. There Expecting ourselves and Celtic to be 1st and 2nd, Rangers are expected to get into the top 6 and the new boys Dunfermline are huge favorites to go down.

Current Starting 11
View attachment 393067
Only 4 new players joining th starting ranks making it a total of 9 new starting players since January. Hopefully we'll settle quick and start well.

August

Dodgy start in the league as we were focused on Europe. Inverness also struggle on double duty. Interesting to see how it progresses from here.
Celtic and St Mirren lead the way early doors
5 more of our most talented youngsters leave to bigger clubs around Europe.

Fixtures
View attachment 392611

SPL
View attachment 392609

Europe

Europa League Qualifier 3rd Round
Dundee Utd 4-1 Jelbrec
View attachment 392608

Comfortable wins in both legs gets us to the final qualifier round

Europa League Qualifier 4th Round
Bordeaux 3-6 Dundee Utd

View attachment 392604

View attachment 392597

The 1st Leg amazed me but the 2nd leg may have been even more impressive to ensure along with Inverness CT we'll be the 1st teams after Celtic to reach the Group stage

Europa League Group Draw
View attachment 392602

We get a pretty tough group, probably the 4th worst draw. Arsenal should walk the group while results will have to go our way against Panathinaikos and Feyenoord to have any chance of going through but having already met my target of getting this far this will be a learning season for my very young squad.

Inverness Group
View attachment 392600

Not much better a draw than ourselves.

Celtic Champions Leauge Group
View attachment 392599

Another chance at the Europa League?

Aug Transfers
View attachment 392598

We tried very hard after securing a Europa League group place but couldnt get anyone i liked so saved the pennies for a rainy day.

September

Still not good enough to take on Celtic but unbeaten elsewhere as we rise
Solid start to our Europa League group but next month will be a true test.
Youth team make hard work of Partick in the League cup.

Fixtures
View attachment 392250

SPL
View attachment 392248
Celtic pull 10 points clear already while we lead the battle for 2nd. Motherwell are currently stranded at the bottom clearly a injured defense hasnt helped there cause.

Europe

Match 1
Panathinakos 1-1 Dundee Utd
View attachment 392245

We lead early on but a draw was a fair result.

Group
View attachment 392244
Feyenoord upset Arsenal to leave one of the competitions favorites bottom of the group

Other teams
A Decent day for the SPL as Celtic win in the San Siro. Inverness survived despite being down to 9 men buy the end to get a draw against Salzburg

Belgium

Belgium 6-1 Liechtenstein
View attachment 392243

Georgia 2-5 Belgium
View attachment 392240

Both games were easy victorys

Group
View attachment 392239

Ireland do us a HUGE favor by grabbing a injury time equalizer to give us some breathing space going into our two tough games in October that will decide the Group.

October

Two defeats in the league
Miracles in Europe more than make up for that
Belgium fall at the final hurdle

Fixtures
View attachment 392144

SPL
View attachment 392143
Were only 2 points off 2nd despite our poor month, Inverness, St Mirren the two sides that have finished 2nd over the past few years are up there again while Motherwell Rangers and Aberdeen still struggle

Europe

Match 2
Dundee Utd 0-0 Feynoord
View attachment 392142

We were comfortably the better side throughout but James Collins usually the hero missed plenty of chances to probably end our hopes of qualifying with a trip to Holland and an Arsenal double header to come.

Other teams
Celtic were the first Scottish side too loose going down 4-1 at home to Barcelona. Inverness copy us again by drawing 0-0 against Atalanta

Match 3
Dundee Utd 2-0 Arsenal
View attachment 392141

This was a miracle. We had far more shots and almost matched Arsenal for possession. What a performance.

Other teams
Inverness lost away to run away group leaders Lyon but are level 2nd just now. Celtic are up to 2nd in the group after beating APOEL

Group
View attachment 392140
Half way through and we top the dang group and are unbeaten with our easiest home match still to come suddenly we have a chance but so do the other 3 teams.

Belgium

Belgium 2-0 Ireland
View attachment 392139

A strange choice for Ireland manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer couldnt stop us from wining with ease to set up a decider with Italy. Win or draw and we take the group.

Final Match
Italy 4-2 Belgium
View attachment 392138

A game which was split down the middle but defensively we were poor letting in 4 goals which wont win a world cup and means we have to get through the play offs.

Final Table
View attachment 392137

Playoff Draw
Belgium vs Turkey
View attachment 392136

This could be a tough game. Germany only just kept Turkey off top spot so this wont be easy.

November

Season takes a dramatic fall from the 70th minute of the Arsenal game where we scored our only goals of the month
Consortium takes over Struggling St Johnstone
Were defeated by Celtic in the league cup while going down to 9 men

Fixtures
View attachment 391977

SPL
View attachment 391976
Celtic have the title in hands pretty much. Thankfully the other sides havent taken advantage of our downfall so were still only 6 points off the Champions League Qualifier

Europe

Match 4
Arsenal 6-3 Dundee Utd
View attachment 391974

Well we made quite a fight of it up till the last 20 minutes where we tired and Arsenal scored 3 quick goals that made the difference. James Collins makes a name for himself by getting a hattrick at the Emerates

Other teams
Celtic beat APOEL and only need 1 point from there last 2 games to secure a place in the last 16. In the Europa League Inverness made a quite a fight of it against Lyon in there 2nd meeting. Atalanta move into 2nd with a win over Salzburg.

Match 5
Dundee Utd 0-1 Panathinaikos
View attachment 391973
The end might not be here but the results tonight probably ended our last 32 hopes as Feynoord beat Arseanl who need a result against Panathinaikos to go through we will need a draw in that match and we'll have to beat group winners Feynoord in Holland

Group
View attachment 391972

Other teams
It was a bad day for all Scottish sides as Celtic lost 2-1 at home to Inter and will either need a result in the Nou Camp or Inter to slip up to APOEL. Meanwhile Inverness too as Atlanta ended there hopes of going through. Bottom spot now looks probable for them.

Belgium

Playoff
Belgium 6-2 Turkey
View attachment 391970

Two comfortable wins secure our place at the biggest dance of them all.

December

Victory in Holland is not enough to stay in Europe after Christmas
Belgium get drawn in the group of death
A Pick me up to the rest of the squad before the Queens Park game gets us back to better form.

Fixtures
View attachment 391843

SPL
View attachment 391842
Were still in the middle of a 6 point window between 2nd and 9th. Motherwell sack Alan Thompson just before the new year as they remain bottom.

Europe

Match 6
Feyenoord 0-2 Dundee Utd
View attachment 391841

This was our hardest match of all but we somehow sneaked out with a 2 goal win. Unfortunatly Panathinakos held of Arsenal to win there match and the final qualifing spot.

Final Table
View attachment 391840

We were very unlucky to get 8 points and miss out in qualification but big wins at home to Arsenal and away to Feynoord shows were on the right tracks. Better form at home and it could have been a totally different story

Other sides

Inverness
View attachment 391839
They finished down in 2 points struck at the bottom but getting to the groups is an achievment for them.

Celtic
View attachment 391838
Celtic go out on there head to head record with Inter makes it another case of what could have been but they can take over Scottish Duty in the Europa League

Belgium

World Cup 2018

Group F
View attachment 391837

We get the joys of the Group of death. France and Uruguay are top 20 sides while Japan are still the top Asian side.

January

A Poor start as we continue to be pathetic in front of goal
Turn the corner with young and loan players coming to bolster the squad

Fixtures
View attachment 391416

SPL
View attachment 391417
While Celtic remain on a different planet our poor start to the new year leaves us 7 points behind Inverness and Aberdeen. We need to find consistance to get back on track for a Champions League pot.

Transfers

SPL
View attachment 391415
Celtic sell off another two of there talented youngsters.

Dundee Utd

In

Diego Raverta - DC
View attachment 391414
A young Argentinian who went to Al Sadd for the cash and spent the last few months unemployed. We'll turn him into a star

Nichlas Bundgaard - DC
View attachment 391413
Like Raverta Bundgaard has all the potential to be a star. Scouts and Coaches rave about him.

2 other new Youths arrive
View attachment 391412View attachment 391411

3 more experianced players arrive on loan
View attachment 391410View attachment 391409View attachment 391408

Out

Young wing back Lorenzo left to Villarreal. I was not prepared to look away from the ?1.2m they were offering for a reasonable youth player