Scared of dying?

Best thing to do is enjoy yourself and make sure your life is well lived by, you know...... getting laid. So then whatever happens after death, at least you know your life reached its full potential. I'm not scared of it personally cos I'm confident they're will be an afterlife. But seriously, what's with the dower thread? :S

It's a thought nearly everyone has come across when they get older. Just wanting to share it

I think everyone considers it from time to time. Me perhaps more than most, since I've been in situations where my death was a very real possibility.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm actually quite excited about dying. I like living, of course, and that is why I intend to until I stop liking it, but when my time comes I'll welcome it with open arms. I'm an atheist, and as such have no idea what will come next, no such close-minded views about what happens after death. There's no linear path that I take due to the actions I took during my lifetime or any such bullshit as that. Whether I die choking on my own vomit after trying and failing to out-drink Dunc in December or peacefully in a bed at a ripe old age ninety years from now, death is the next great adventure. I welcome it with open a
rms.

Knowing what a lonely loser you are it will probably be the later.

Knowing what a lonely loser you are it will probably be the later.

Swing and a miss.

Are you somehow implying I will outdrink Dunc? Because Mike.'s likely a complete lightweight, I can beat him easy, but Dunc looks like he drinks like a tank.

I'm not scared of death, saying that I dont want to die in the near future. I'm 26 and would like to live at least till 60s. What I'm scared of is death of my dear ones.

I dont believe the life after death and tbf there is no point in worrying about it. Just enjoy your life to the fullest and when your time is up die peacefully. :)

Best thing to do is enjoy yourself and make sure your life is well lived by, you know...... getting laid. So then whatever happens after death, at least you know your life reached its full potential. I'm not scared of it personally cos I'm confident they're will be an afterlife. But seriously, what's with the dower thread? :S

Just really to be honest i am curious of how others felt about it; because many people just take life for granted and it probably is the best gift ever given to us if you think about it.

Swing and a miss.

Are you somehow implying I will outdrink Dunc? Because Mike.'s likely a complete lightweight, I can beat him easy, but Dunc looks like he drinks like a tank.

No I'm saying you wont go to this drinking contest cos you'll ***** out to watch Countryfile. Then you'll die lonely. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Just really to be honest i am curious of how others felt about it; because many people just take life for granted and it probably is the best gift ever given to us if you think about it.

True it is a great gift, but thinking about the end of it is the worst thing you could do, enjoy yourself and make sure you spend your time wisely instead of dwelling on death and you'll have a great time :)

Something which has a 100% fatality rate, eh? Pass. ;)

I think everyone considers it from time to time. Me perhaps more than most, since I've been in situations where my death was a very real possibility.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm actually quite excited about dying. I like living, of course, and that is why I intend to until I stop liking it, but when my time comes I'll welcome it with open arms. I'm an atheist, and as such have no idea what will come next, no such close-minded views about what happens after death. There's no linear path that I take due to the actions I took during my lifetime or any such bullshit as that. Whether I die choking on my own vomit after trying and failing to out-drink Dunc in December or peacefully in a bed at a ripe old age ninety years from now, death is the next great adventure. I welcome it with open arms.

you're most likely to die from some kind of new sheep AIDs due to the fact you raped/ were raped by a sheep in Wales

To be honest, after tonight football will be the death of me lol

Can't wait for Armageddon. I had similar problem 2 years ago. I was worried about my mom, dad etc. Never about myself, dunno why. We all have to get through that phase I guess, but try to think about it like GC said, next great adventure.
[video=youtube;d-diB65scQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&ob=av3e[/video]

Last edited:
1. Nothing happens, it's nothingness.*

2. No I'm not scared of dying, I'm scared of dying in painful circumstances, I can honestly say I wouldn't give a **** if I knew that my death would come from being shot in the head while sleeping. Something like drowning, burning alive, or being stabbed and bleeding out however isn't okay.

*My personal belief on the situation.

being stabbed and bleeding out however isn't okay.

Agreed. Being stabbed hurts like an absolute ************. I can't imagine how bad it would be if the wounds were bad enough to kill.

Death by falling off something high might be fun.

We're all going to die some day, some sooner than others, it will come so just embrace it when it arrives and not before :)

I think if you know you're going to die soonish that makes it scary. The unpredictability of when you will die makes me less scared, if anyone has seen logans run (film), that society would make me fear death as you could see it approaching. But realistically nobody will ever live in a society like that so there's no point thinking about it really

In Logan's Run, everyone is killed on their 40th birthday

If my football successfuly avoid death I think I am going to declare myself immortal! But uhm, I am kind of scared of dying, but there's no point worrying about something that you know thats going to happen. Just enjoy what life throws at you, when your time comes, just hope its not some uber-scary way like drowning or burning to death.

What a complete and utter crackpot. No-wonder we havn't cured cancer yet with Cambridge (one of our best Educational Institutes) churning out morons like this. 200 Maybe, at a push. 1000 not a ******* snowballs chance in ****.

I hope you have a PHd in Biology and a ton of research to back up your ignorant comments. Unless you do, you're in no position to comment on the pace of scientific developments. Science advances exponentially, once we reach 200, accelerating to 1000 past that becomes relatively easy. Expanding the life expectancy by 20-30 years was one **** of an achievement, but that was a 60% increase in life expectancy. Reaching 200 would be 150%, just a bit of a difference there, how can you acknowledge the possibility of a 150% increase but not living to 1000? That implies we have solved an awful lot of problems to do with regenerative medicine, that is the initial stumbling block in the first place. And he never said everyone will live to 1000, he said THE person who will do it has already been born. As in, just 1 person.

Prolonging death is the ultimate goal for humans, and it's those "crackpots" and "morons" that Cambridge keep churning out that contribute a **** of a lot to it.

I find the whole afterlife thing weird, I don't see it as possible but I don't really believe that you just die and that's the end of it. The idea of nothingness is just depressing.

Am I scared ? No.

I knew that post would get Joel fired up....

So, am I the only one who is actually scared of death? The macho bravado that you're not scared of it is oh so easy when you're not in a position to comprehend being anywhere near the end. Just because it's inevitable doesn't mean it makes it any less scary, in the same way exams are inevitable, it doesn't stop people feeling nervous about them.

It's evolutionary to want to survive, it's our instinct, and fear is an emotion there to remind us of that. Everyone's scared of death due to this, some are just more willing to accept the fact. If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness, or had a gun against your head, you'd be blubbering away like everyone else.

Every sane person is afraid of death, it's one of the few things that are unimaginable outside of our consciousness, which is a scary thought.

Everyone who said they're not scared of death can't realistically tell me you would be cool as a cucumber with a maniac gunman taking sight on you, as is implied.

It's death its self, its the way of death I imagine people are scared off ... e.g Being stabbed is a ***** (nearly came close to that myself :'( ... but thats what you get for walking the streets of Brixton at 8pm).
Although I'm not saying I'd peacefully like to die in my sleep tonight, you get my jist.