Scientists warn of 'superstorm' heading for California

The amount of nature catastrophies/unusual occurances were huge last year with the vulcanic ash from Iceland spreading around Europe, the floodings at Pakistan, the heat in Russia and so on. Let's hope we don't get a repeat from last year this year.

Isn't this the same sort of system that decimated Australia, like El Nino or something similar?

global warming is the biggest load of bollocks ever.

global warming is the biggest load of bollocks ever.

Why?

40 days is a loooong time. On the other hand, if it's going to hit somewhere, a rich country like America with the resources to cope and recover is far better than the gigantic loss of life if another poorer country had to suffer yet another natural disaster.

When is it? Doesn't look good for those across the pond

The Americans didn't do such a good job after Katrina did they? New Orleans is still in a state. No country should have to suffer any natural disaster, but that is life. There is nothing you can do about it, just prepare and deal with it the best you can, regardless of national wealth.

To the poster who said "Global Warming is bollocks" - do you have any evidence to back up that claim? I would also like to point you to the previous, multiple Ice Ages. The planet warms up every now and agian. If you had said that "Humans causing global warming is bollocks", I would of agreed.

Thanks for reading!!

Global Warming is a joke made up by Dumb "Scientists" and being used over and over again by politicians as another way to

1. Tax the people 2. Exert more control

People should ignore global warming at their peril. But i see it more as a natural event, rather than man made. IMO

Big storms are not new

In the 1970s in january where I live where it's usually 20 degrees Fahrenheit, it was 70+ for a few days.

If anyone can't see how global warming is literally man made (economically) then they are truly naive.

People should ignore global warming at their peril. But i see it more as a natural event, rather than man made. IMO

You seem to be right
Weather experts say the statewide weather event, which strikes once every 100-200 years could bring an unprecedented scale of destruction.
But also
The last superstorm hit California between 1861 and 1862, but scientists predict that the threat of another one looms closer as weather patterns become more volatile, due to rising temperatures in the atmosphere.

The Americans didn't do such a good job after Katrina did they? New Orleans is still in a state. No country should have to suffer any natural disaster, but that is life. There is nothing you can do about it, just prepare and deal with it the best you can, regardless of national wealth.

To the poster who said "Global Warming is bollocks" - do you have any evidence to back up that claim? I would also like to point you to the previous, multiple Ice Ages. The planet warms up every now and agian. If you had said that "Humans causing global warming is bollocks", I would of agreed.

Thanks for reading!!

I agree, Global Warming is still theory and not yet fact, I don't necessarily believe in it and I do point people towards past planetary climate changes, there's also some evidence of the Earth going through a certain cycle, (however it's years since I read it so can't remember the facts), but to completely discredit Global Warming is ridiculous. Draw a table, of the benefits and drawbacks of cutting back on our pollution against global warming being true and false. If global warming happens then, benefits, we have reduced the impact of global warming, we save fossil fuels and it inspires science to advance in energy free technologies. Drawbacks, we have to use less energy, however global warming completely rapes our planets on massive social, economic and environmental proportions, changing life as we know it for the worst. If Global Warming isn't true, then drawbacks are we had to cut back on a few energy resources. Benefits are that Science was inspired to advance and create energy saving technologies, any technological advancement is a good thing, right? And we also save precious fossil fuels.

Compare the risks, even if global warming might not be true, the drawbacks and benefits of doing nothing and it happening are astronomically out of weight, compared to the benefits and drawbacks of doing something.

TL;DR We might as well do something, because the risks of not doing anything far outweigh the benefits.

if i lived there i would be planning to go on holiday atm

After years and years of being mocked, gypsies with their caravans have the final laugh.