THE OVERACHIEVER - NORMAL TACTIC - SOUTHAMPTON 1st | BETIS 2nd

You can change the roles however you want mate and tinker with it, the reason there are 2 mezzallas is because they connect the defense and the attack, they also get upfront and overload the attack that way sometimes you got 6 player attacking instead of 2 or 4. I also use mezzallas because for playmakers you need high vision, intelligence, passing, decisions, players you don't find in mid-table teams or underdogs.

What strikers do you have atm at sevilla? I don't see either muriel or ben yedder as complete forwards, but you can try to change the role, and if it works better for you then it's fine, I've already said that one of the strikers remain attacking and the other supportive, for example AF - DLF, CF - F9, and so on

Thanks for the fast answer bro :D
I understand why you use mezzallas it's a good thought and i notice that when i use your tactic , but with the playmakers 1 in defensive and the other attacking i think you will get the kinda the same or not ?

You may believe or not, but ben yedder in complete forward when i was playing in a 4-2-3-1 he was simply impressive , now i have 3 great forwards, Ben Yedder , batshuayi and berahino , i sold Muriel because i was playing with only 1 forward , but i will try to make Vasquez a DLF , because he has atributes for that.

My tactic did great for me in the first season in sevilha with me winning LA LIGA , but i conceed too much and we all know that sometimes you need to change something because you are losing or still tied and a 4-4-2 formation it's something i like , but it's hard to make one work xD

Thanks for the fast answer bro :D
I understand why you use mezzallas it's a good thought and i notice that when i use your tactic , but with the playmakers 1 in defensive and the other attacking i think you will get the kinda the same or not ?

You may believe or not, but ben yedder in complete forward when i was playing in a 4-2-3-1 he was simply impressive , now i have 3 great forwards, Ben Yedder , batshuayi and berahino , i sold Muriel because i was playing with only 1 forward , but i will try to make Vasquez a DLF , because he has atributes for that.

My tactic did great for me in the first season in sevilha with me winning LA LIGA , but i conceed too much and we all know that sometimes you need to change something because you are losing or still tied and a 4-4-2 formation it's something i like , but it's hard to make one work xD

Don't worry about conceding, that's the purpose of the tactic, you outscore the opponent, the moment you get a really good defence and an keeper you'll start seeing that you practically don't concede or concede only 1 against the majority of the teams (of course if you go against liverpool you may end conceding 3 because they attack a lot)

I tried with the playmakers on midfield with barça, and I noticed that they contribute a lot less to the attack and the defence thus why I did not implement the tactic with playmakers, but you can try it and see if it works for you

When you say "your tactic" did you use your own roles or did you make a whole new tactic?

Don't worry about conceding, that's the purpose of the tactic, you outscore the opponent, the moment you get a really good defence and an keeper you'll start seeing that you practically don't concede or concede only 1 against the majority of the teams (of course if you go against liverpool you may end conceding 3 because they attack a lot)

I tried with the playmakers on midfield with barça, and I noticed that they contribute a lot less to the attack and the defence thus why I did not implement the tactic with playmakers, but you can try it and see if it works for you

When you say "your tactic" did you use your own roles or did you make a whole new tactic?

I'm trying with playmakers and complete full backs in my save with Oxford in the 3rd english division , it's complicated , but it kinda work , some good results.

I always try to do My Tactic , my style of football , but football manager have improved a lot and every year it's getting harder , for exemple, im still trying to figure it out what every mentality , every team shape do , because it's confusing sometimes xD

But yeah , it's my own tactic , but when i can't get the results i want ( with the tactic ) for exemple, when i can't get the possession i want , i search for people tactics to get some ideas for me to improve my own knowledge

Been testing the tactic further with Full-backs (support role) and a counter style and it's doing extremely well. 33 games into the season and Bristol City are 7th.

Kilmarnock 4th Season

View attachment 53036

Not bad considering I was favourite to be relegated (H)

Did start using defensive positioning training but switched bank to attacking movement as I didn't see any benefit.

Will try your defensive line tweak next season due to the amount I have been conceding.​

View attachment 1161755

Not bad considering I was favourite to be relegated (H)

Did start using defensive positioning training but switched bank to attacking movement as I didn't see any benefit.

Will try your defensive line tweak next season due to the amount I have been conceding.​

Happy to see it delivering for you, kinda hard to be champions with kilmanorck 1st season since the ability differences between kilmanorck and even rangers are really big, with better defenders and a keeper you should concede a lot less

I am having a problem getting screenshots captured, so let me just say 13 league games played, unbeaten in all competitions, players in the top 5 for goals and average rating/assists, Newcastle United 8 points clear, wins against City (a) Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool (H) during this run, have experimented with all different roles as my strikers can play CF, AF, TM or F9, and all are effective as long as 1 is on support duty and 1 attack, am looking at ways to tighten the defensive line, but don't want to sacrifice the attacking play we show............... I love this tactic

Here's my alteration to the tactic if anyone is interested at all. Got Bristol City to 9th and then 6th in the Prem.

Here's my alteration to the tactic if anyone is interested at all. Got Bristol City to 9th and then 6th in the Prem.

Hey mate, don't want to be harsh but you basically just changed the fb roles and added retain possesion?

The original tactic doesn't use retain possession because most mid-table teams and specially almost all underdogs don't have players with the required off-ball, vision, passing (etc) attributes for it to be successful, but if that works for you I'm happy

Furthermore, there is a reason why the CWB are used and the author explained it really well somewhere in the beginning.

Yes they are the only changes I made as I have mentioned twice previously and the results seem much better. I never said I made loads of changes and im an expert, this is the OP's tactic and I was getting bad results so kept making small changes and reverting them back and trying again and with these settings im doing really well. You dont have to try it im just saying here's what I changed and it made a positive difference.

I've been using this tactic with Bristol Rovers in Sky Bet League One, I've tweaked the roles of four position which have been working marvels.

Currently 2nd in league one
View attachment 52638

Pre Changes Results
View attachment 52637
Been solid but a few defeats

The changes I have made

Home
View attachment 52636

Away
View attachment 52635

As you can see, I've put the strikers as Complete Forward Attack and Defensive Forward Support, and the other change is the side midfielders are Wingers Support instead of Inside Forwards.

The Post Changes Results
View attachment 52634

I've had better results with the changes, I'll let you know what happens at the end of the season.

By the way, I've been doing defensive positioning for match preparation training.

ps. Brilliant tactic.

I've been using this tactic with Bristol Rovers in Sky Bet League One, I've tweaked the roles of four position which have been working marvels.

Currently 2nd in league one
View attachment 1162178

Pre Changes Results
View attachment 1162179
Been solid but a few defeats

The changes I have made

Home
View attachment 1162180

Away
View attachment 1162181

As you can see, I've put the strikers as Complete Forward Attack and Defensive Forward Support, and the other change is the side midfielders are Wingers Support instead of Inside Forwards.

The Post Changes Results
View attachment 1162182

I've had better results with the changes, I'll let you know what happens at the end of the season.

By the way, I've been doing defensive positioning for match preparation training.

ps. Brilliant tactic.

Really curious on how your season developed, care to post results mate?