THE OVERACHIEVER - NORMAL TACTIC - SOUTHAMPTON 1st | BETIS 2nd

gonna try it with my Burton save, the ultimate underdogs, no money, no u-23's, tiny ground and odds on for relegation from the EFL to L1.. do the strikers have to be DLF and Af or can they be fiddled with as long as one is support and one attack, is there any lessenng to tactic effectiveness if the roles are changed

gonna try it with my Burton save, the ultimate underdogs, no money, no u-23's, tiny ground and odds on for relegation from the EFL to L1.. do the strikers have to be DLF and Af or can they be fiddled with as long as one is support and one attack, is there any lessenng to tactic effectiveness if the roles are changed

As I mentioned before, yes one striker has a more (not necessarily) supportive role (f9, defensive forward, deep lying forward) and the other has a more offensive role (target man, poacher, etc), it's really what works best with your team and your forwards

cheers, gonna run the season as fast as I can and will try to post screen shots at the end, but will at least post the final position for Burton

Clyde/Kilmarnock 3rd Season

View attachment 53924

Had Clyde sitting mid table at Christmas and punching well above our weight before deciding to jump ship to Kilmarnock who at the time were 7th.

Won the league on the last day of the season (H)

One thing I noticed with both clubs was the amount of goals I'm conceding. Lot's of 5-4 wins. Going to try the suggestion above of a narrow pitch plus switch to defensive positioning see how that goes.

Away form was poor at times too so may switch to the home tactic only but I'll give it another season.​

View attachment 1160764

Had Clyde sitting mid table at Christmas and punching well above our weight before deciding to jump ship to Kilmarnock who at the time were 7th.

Won the league on the last day of the season (H)

One thing I noticed with both clubs was the amount of goals I'm conceding. Lot's of 5-4 wins. Going to try the suggestion above of a narrow pitch plus switch to defensive positioning see how that goes.

Away form was poor at times too so may switch to the home tactic only but I'll give it another season.​

The goal of this tactic is not defensive solidity, it's purpose is to outscore your opponents, when you use this tactic with major underdogs and teams that have not a stable defense and central defenders with decent speed, aerial threat, positioning, tackling and marking, as well as somewhat decent fullbacks you'll note that you'll concede quite a lot

What I usually do when I play with teams like that, I reduce the defence line in the away tactic to normal/a little deeper and the same for the home tactic, don't forget that signing decent players for your defence is a must for you not to concede too much, especially a decent goalkeeper

Think this could work for Espanyol?

Well it worked perfectly with betis, I don't know espanyol's team but I know they have Gerard Moreno and he usually destroys as a poacher, after a season you could sell him for decent money and sign some good players for your team, but I'm positive that you'll overachieve and maybe even fight for a champions spot

Using it with Newcastle right now and it's going really well.

Have you tried dropping the DLF/F9 to a AMC and making it a 4-2-3-1 and if so, was it much worse than the 4-2-4?

Well it worked perfectly with betis, I don't know espanyol's team but I know they have Gerard Moreno and he usually destroys as a poacher, after a season you could sell him for decent money and sign some good players for your team, but I'm positive that you'll overachieve and maybe even fight for a champions spot

Okay great, I'll give it a go!

Unfortunately on Switch this tactic does not work at all. Got Bristol City to the Prem partly using this tactic and another, but in the prem getting destroyed 7-0, 5-0, 4-2 etc.

I changed it abit having watched where we fall apart and im pretty much beating every team that isnt a top 6 side and getting the odd result against the likes of City/ Liverpool.

The only change I have made is to only use the away tactic, change the style to counter, change closing down to the highest setting and change one of the CB's to a stopper. Im not 6th after half a season.

I dont know if this is just a 'switch thing' though to be honest as no 'super tactics' work at all on the Switch version. The cheat 3 up-top formation has limited success.

so Burton finished in the playoffs, which is massive for them, I like the tactic, I have only 2 concerns it gives up a lot of fouls, in my experience, and teams who play a 4-4-2 or a 5-2-2-1 with wb's and no wingers can absolutely tear it apart, but on the whole a very good tactic, am using on my Newcastle save

im pretty much beating every team that isnt a top 6 side and getting the odd result against the likes of City/ Liverpool.

How on earth is this not overachieving?!

Bristol City's squad is not even upper echelon championship, let alone good enough for the premier league. Think Huddersfield in real life. Avoiding relegation is an over achievement, let alone being the best non-european side.

so Burton finished in the playoffs, which is massive for them, I like the tactic, I have only 2 concerns it gives up a lot of fouls, in my experience, and teams who play a 4-4-2 or a 5-2-2-1 with wb's and no wingers can absolutely tear it apart, but on the whole a very good tactic, am using on my Newcastle save

Please keep in mind that this is no 3 striker uptop / 3 cb's cheat tactic, it is a normal tactic that originated from a 4231 version, you'll have fouls but don't worry I usually win even if one of my players are sent off

Using it with Newcastle right now and it's going really well.

Have you tried dropping the DLF/F9 to a AMC and making it a 4-2-3-1 and if so, was it much worse than the 4-2-4?

The 4231 version was the original one from which this tactic originated, meanwhile the 4231 version is much more suited to mid table / top teams, this will work and overperform with any team

Unfortunately on Switch this tactic does not work at all. Got Bristol City to the Prem partly using this tactic and another, but in the prem getting destroyed 7-0, 5-0, 4-2 etc.

I changed it abit having watched where we fall apart and im pretty much beating every team that isnt a top 6 side and getting the odd result against the likes of City/ Liverpool.

The only change I have made is to only use the away tactic, change the style to counter, change closing down to the highest setting and change one of the CB's to a stopper. Im not 6th after half a season.

I dont know if this is just a 'switch thing' though to be honest as no 'super tactics' work at all on the Switch version. The cheat 3 up-top formation has limited success.

Well if you're saying even 3 striker tactics have limited success it's not surprising that this one has limited success as well, I'd love to see tho how do you fare in the prem if you can strengthen your back 4 and your gk to a good level, and also get a really good poacher to bang in goals, anyway I'm saddened that the tatic does not work as well on switch

How on earth is this not overachieving?!

Bristol City's squad is not even upper echelon championship, let alone good enough for the premier league. Think Huddersfield in real life. Avoiding relegation is an over achievement, let alone being the best non-european side.

No that's the results after I made the changes I mention. Just using the tactic without changes I was losing every game and conceding ALOT.

The 4231 version was the original one from which this tactic originated, meanwhile the 4231 version is much more suited to mid table / top teams, this will work and overperform with any team

I thought this was a tweak from ChristianEriksens 4-1-2-2-1 with a DM DLP?

I thought this was a tweak from ChristianEriksens 4-1-2-2-1 with a DM DLP?

While the majority of roles remain untouched, there's no DM and there are 2 strikers, team's instructions are heavily modified as well, I've explained that in the opening post

please don't read my post as a criticism is was meant more as a heads up for people using the tactic, it does exactly what it says, Burton over achieved, Newcastle are over achieving it was meant more as a these areas may require the manager to use their initiative as well as a very good tactic, which it is

please don't read my post as a criticism is was meant more as a heads up for people using the tactic, it does exactly what it says, Burton over achieved, Newcastle are over achieving it was meant more as a these areas may require the manager to use their initiative as well as a very good tactic, which it is

Yeah don't worry about that just wanted to clarify, about the explanation I'm amazed that many people don't even spend 1 minute of their lives reading the explanation of the tactic, I'm glad it worked well for you and can only hope it keeps you happy

Hey i tested the tactic in a few games and worked very well in my sevilha, but i have some questions ?

Why the use of 2 mezzallas ? i'm a fan of having 2 playmakers , one deep and one advanced , that's why i'm asking , if i change the two mezzallas to a deep and advanced playmaker you think it will make the tactic worst ?

Another thing, i always like to use a complete wing back because with the narrow width i think with a Inside Forward with a Complete wing back behind him Works very well because of the overlaps that happen.

I just wanted you opinion in that changes
The 2 mezzallas for 1 deep and 1 advanced playmaker
The 2 inverted wing back for 2 complete wing back
And possibly a Complete forward in change of the Advanced forward , what do you think ?

Hey i tested the tactic in a few games and worked very well in my sevilha, but i have some questions ?

Why the use of 2 mezzallas ? i'm a fan of having 2 playmakers , one deep and one advanced , that's why i'm asking , if i change the two mezzallas to a deep and advanced playmaker you think it will make the tactic worst ?

Another thing, i always like to use a complete wing back because with the narrow width i think with a Inside Forward with a Complete wing back behind him Works very well because of the overlaps that happen.

I just wanted you opinion in that changes
The 2 mezzallas for 1 deep and 1 advanced playmaker
The 2 inverted wing back for 2 complete wing back
And possibly a Complete forward in change of the Advanced forward , what do you think ?

You can change the roles however you want mate and tinker with it, the reason there are 2 mezzallas is because they connect the defense and the attack, they also get upfront and overload the attack that way sometimes you got 6 player attacking instead of 2 or 4. I also use mezzallas because for playmakers you need high vision, intelligence, passing, decisions, players you don't find in mid-table teams or underdogs.

What strikers do you have atm at sevilla? I don't see either muriel or ben yedder as complete forwards, but you can try to change the role, and if it works better for you then it's fine, I've already said that one of the strikers remain attacking and the other supportive, for example AF - DLF, CF - F9, and so on